Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Youkai in Furinkan?! ❯ Secrets Revealed! Inu-Yasha’s Encounter with P-chan! ^o^ ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part VIII: Secrets Revealed! Inu-Yasha's Encounter with P-chan! ^o^

It'd been a couple of hours since breakfast. Ranma, Akane, and Kagome had decided to give Inu-Yasha a tour of the town, showing him around and letting him get friendlier with Ranma. They'd taken him to the school, where Principal Kuno had tried to cut off his hair… until Inu-Yasha growled menacingly at him, baring claws and fangs. When Principal Kuno ran off frantically, leaving his precious scissors behind, it was clear that he didn't want to deal with that 'little kei-kei'. [Don't know how to spell it, but this should be accurate enough ^_^]

It was almost lunchtime now, and they had gotten some octopus puffs from a stand nearby. Inu-Yasha and Ranma were leaning against a wall talking about random things while Kagome and Akane laughed and chit chatted about god-knows-what. Somehow, the conversation eventually turned to Ryoga and Kouga.

"So, you're rival is a wolf demon? Damn… And I thought Ryoga was a pain in the ass!" Ranma said as he munched on another octopus puff.

"Well, your rival is human, much easier to deal with than mine…but after seeing him breaking those walls I can imagine that he's a challenge."

"The problem is that he just never gives up!"

Inu-Yasha rolled his eyes and was about to steal the last octopus puff when Ranma grabbed it first. Inu-Yasha eyed Ranma, but he only gave the hanyou a blank look as he munched on the puff, supposedly innocent and oblivious. Inu-Yasha only rolled his eyes. He guessed he'd let that pass. "You're right about that, Pigtails. Kouga never gives up. But what really riles me up is when he starts claiming Kagome as his. Then I just want to KILL him!"

"Okay, you're dealing with a tenacious youkai, but I'm dealing with a sneaky human. Ryoga has the audacity to call me a pervert when he's a thousand times worse and, unlike you, there's nothing I can damn well do about it!"

Inu-Yasha blinked. "Eh? What do you mean?"

"Well, I'm not the only one in this town that has this little 'curse', you know. I just think I got the worse of the lot. Mousse, the guy with the glasses…" Inu-Yasha's face was blank. Ranma sighed. "The wire-face kid."

"Oh."

Ranma nodded and tossed the empty box aside. "Yeah, well, he turns into a duck. My pops turns into a giant panda, and Shampoo, the Chinese Amazon chick, turns into a cat." Ranma shivered in horror.

Inu-Yasha blinked in confusion, but didn't comment. "So this guy turns into something too, then?"

Ranma nodded. "A little black piglet."

"NAN DA?!"

Ranma sighed. "It's partly my fault too. We were rivals, but at least friendly ones when we were in junior high, and then one day he challenged me. Unfortunately, Ryoga has this ridiculous little quirk."

"Other than being a severe pain?"

"Oh, yeah. He has no sense of direction. He'll get lost in no time flat. Tell him right, he'll start moving left. He's just like that."

"Baka."

Ranma nodded. "But it gets worse. The meeting place was his backyard… I waited four days for him." Inu-Yasha blinked in stupefaction. "FOUR DAMN DAYS. And when I finally said, 'Forget this, he ain't coming', he shows up and then has the gall to blame me! Saying I didn't keep to the honor of the fight! He was the one who didn't show!"

"I would have killed him."

Ranma laughed and turned to Inu-Yasha's narrowed gaze with a smirk. "I didn't get that convenience. I went off on my little 'training excursion' to China with my pops and ended up getting stuck with this body in the process. What I didn't know until much later was that the idiot had followed me."

"Let me guess," Inu-Yasha interrupted. "Somehow, in some weird way, you ended up knocking him into the spring that turned him into the little black pig?"

"Yeah…"

"Shit."

"Yeah."

Inu-Yasha turned to Ranma. "But that just means he's out to get you for it. What makes him so hot on Akane? And how does that make him a pervert?"

Ranma turned to Inu-Yasha with hooded eyes. "He's a cute little black piglet. Whom Akane named P-chan and keeps as a pet."

"NAN DA TO?"

Ranma nodded. "He sleeps with her, she hugs him. The damned pervert has gotten to feel places that I haven't even dared touch yet! And it drives me crazy! And then on top of it all, he calls ME a PERVERT!!!"

"Who…knows about this…?"

"Everyone but Akane."

"And no one's told her?!"

Ranma cursed. "I've tried. But there are two really BIG reasons that make me keep my mouth shut and just live with it, no matter how much I want to kill the stupid little pig!"

"And what are those? I can't imagine ANYONE, let alone YOU, letting that perverted guy TOUCH Akane like that!"

"Reason number 1: It's a code of honor I have with Ryoga. I won't tell Akane his secret…despite the fact that everyone knows and THEY should have told Akane by now…but they haven't. And Reason number 2 is the biggy. It'll hurt Akane if she finds out her precious little 'P-chan' is actually Ryoga in wet form."

"That…really sucks."

"You're telling me."

Inu-Yasha shook his head and got off the wall. "I wouldn't stand for it. I wouldn't let that little bastard get away with it, if I were you. Isn't Akane your woman? How…could you just let him…touch her like that?! Let him sneak feels that way, when you know what he really is? What kind of man are you?!"

Ranma snapped and got off the wall, bellowing back at Inu-Yasha. "The kind of man who doesn't want to see his woman cry or get hurt!!"

Silence.

Ranma turned around. "I don't expect you to understand the kind of situation I'm in, dog-boy. I hate what Ryoga does, but no one dares tell Akane because no one wants to see her hurt. And I'm included in the package."

"Chikushou."

"An appropriate curse for the situation."

"Ah!! Kawaii, Akane!"

"P-chan! There you are!! Where have you been? Come here, baby. I want you to meet Kagome. She's my best friend."

"Oh, Akane! Can I hold him? Please?"

"Sure. Here you go Kagome." [I think we can all see what's coming, ne?]

Ranma and Inu-Yasha turned to the girls just in time to see Kagome pressing P-chan against her breasts and the pig turn bright pink and start to nose bleed. Ranma looked toward Inu-Yasha, saw the hanyou's golden eyes blazing, and could practically see the steam coming out of Inu-Yasha's head.

"O-o-oi… Inu-Yasha…"

"Is…that…the…PIG??"

"Uh…"

"I can smell him!! HE'S DEAD!!"

"Chikushou! Ma-te, Inu-Yasha! Calm down, dog-boy!" Ranma called out trying to pull him back, but Inu-Yasha was raging. He turned abruptly throwing Ranma off him and he raced to the girls. Ranma cursed and ran after him. This was very bad.

"GET YOUR GRUBBY HOOVES OFF KAGOME YOU PERVERTED PIG-BOY!!"

Kagome and Akane abruptly looked up to see a raging Inu-Yasha before them. Kagome only blinked in stunned confusion. "Inu…Yasha? Nani…?"

He tore the now squealing pig out of Kagome's arms. Kagome and Akane were horrified. "Oi! Inu-Yasha! What do you think you're doing?! Put P-chan down now!"

"This ain't no 'P-chan', Kagome. It's that prick Ryoga! He transforms into a pig like Pigtails turns into a girl! If Ranma lets this little bastard feel on his fiancée that's his problem, but I WON'T have him touching you!"

Akane looked pissed. "What are you talking about, Inu-Yasha! P-chan isn't Ryoga! What bull has Ranma been telling you?!" She turned her now furious gaze at Ranma.

"What'd I do this time?!"

Kagome managed to snatch a quivering P-chan away from Inu-Yasha. "Osuwari."

CRASH!

"Chikushou, Kagome! You didn't have to do that!!"

"I don't know what you're up to, but I won't have you hurting this poor little pig!" Kagome said with a humph.

Inu-Yasha shot up furiously. "Don't you understand, you stupid wench?! That isn't a pig! That's Ranma's rival Ryoga! He turns into the pig! It even SMELLS like Ryoga! And I WON'T have him feeling on you the way Ranma lets him feel on Akane!!"

Kagome paled. Akane put her hand on her shoulder and took P-chan away. "Don't listen, Kagome. Ranma just fed him some lies, because he doesn't like P-chan."

Inu-Yasha growled at Akane. "Guess you're stupider than you look, if you think your fiancée would actually do that to you. Especially when he hasn't told you the truth about the pig so he wouldn't hurt your feelings!!"

Now Akane was really getting pissed. "What do you know about Ranma?! You don't know how much of a conniving pervert-"

"The only conniving pervert here is the boy disguised as a pig!"

"P-chan is not Ryoga!" Akane bellowed at Inu-Yasha. Ranma just shook his head in the background.

"P-chan is Ryoga."

Akane blinked and turned to a still pale Kagome. "No, Kagome! P-chan isn't Ryoga! Trust me! I would know!"

Kagome shook her head and turned to her friend. "You don't understand, Akane. You don't know. You don't have Inu-Yasha's sense of smell. If P-chan smells like Ryoga-"

"Maybe Ryoga was around him recently and he picked up the scent!"

Inu-Yasha narrowed his eyes at Akane. "Do you think I wouldn't be able to tell if it was his scent or a scent that he'd picked up with my nose? This pig is Ryoga…" He turned his gaze to the quivering piglet and cracked his knuckles. "And once I'm through with you you're bacon, buddy. NO ONE touches MY Kagome and gets away with it! Especially not some pervert who turns into a pig to get cheap feels and pity from AKANE!! Did you think you'd get away with touching Kagome like you do Akane?! Ranma may allow it, but I'm not so damn tolerant when it comes to MY woman!"

He reached for Tetsuaiga, but before Kagome could stop him, Ranma was in front of Akane protectively.

"Ranma…?"

"Move, Pigtails. Move now," Inu-Yasha ground out.

"Pick a fight with Ryoga once he's human and can at least defend himself. I know how you feel Inu-Yasha, but…damn! I didn't think this would happen though I should have seen it coming. Just forget about it…"

"SHUT UP!"

Everyone blinked at him. Inu-Yasha took a deep breath and gazed at Ranma furiously. "I can understand you. You don't want to hurt your woman by taking away her pet, although you know it's another man who's touching her, who she's holding and not you. That's understandable but it doesn't apply to me!! He touched Kagome, and unlike you, Pigtails, I won't stand for him touching her that way! No one takes advantage of Kagome like that. If you let him take advantage of Akane and EVERYONE KNOWS IT, that's YOUR problem! Right now I want some bacon shishkabob and I'm planning to have it out of his hide!"

Suddenly Kagome's hand reached up and grabbed Inu-Yasha's arm. He turned to her in surprise. "Kagome?"

"…" There was a slight pause before she spoke. "Inu-Yasha… I know you wouldn't be this worked up if it wasn't true… If Ryoga has been taking advantage of Akane that way, I want to know for sure. Akane is my friend and I don't like the fact that she's being used that way."

Inu-Yasha blinked. "You…believe me?" He felt an unbelievable warmth spread through his body. She believed him…? Kagome…

Akane shook her head. "Kagome! P-chan isn't-"

Kagome looked at her friend. "Gomen, Akane. But Inu-Yasha would never lie like that. And I know Ranma wouldn't either. So, there's only one way to find out for sure. Pour hot water on P-chan. If he's just a pig then we can beat the crap out of both of them. But if he is Ryoga…"

"He's dead."

P-chan squealed and jumped to the floor, attempting to run from the still pissed hanyou. "Where are you going, piglet?" Inu-Yasha said as he jumped in front of the pig and picked him up. P-chan struggled in his grasp, but to no avail. "You picked the wrong girl to feel on pal!"

The pig was practically sweating from every crevice in his body as he trembled with fear at the evil look in the hanyou's eyes.

Ranma collapsed on the floor. "I'm sorry, Ryoga. I didn't think it would ever come to this. I don't want to hurt Akane, but there ain't a way for me to stop Inu-Yasha. Not without getting my ass handed to me and you know it. I'd probably stand a chance, if he wasn't so upset, but…" Ranma sighed. "And I don't think you'll be able to drink all the hot water this time so Akane doesn't find out."

"EH?!" Inu-Yasha bellowed at Ranma. "This sicko went that far?!"

Akane was very tense. Kagome tried to calm her friend down, saying it was just some hot water, it wouldn't hurt P-chan, and that way they could find out if it was true or not. Ranma pulled out Ryoga's clothes [from where we don't know… O.o] just in case.

Inu-Yasha was ready to kill Ryoga once he transformed and Kagome had the newly heated hot water. She gave it to Akane, after all, P-chan was her pet, and so that way she was sure that he wouldn't get hurt.

P-chan struggled in Inu-Yasha's grasp as he held him in place so Akane could drop the water on him without a problem. P-chan was P-chan. A little hot water wouldn't hurt him and that way she could finally prove to Ranma that P-chan wasn't Ryoga! So Akane took a deep breath and did.

Ryoga got up wailing Akane's name, startling the hell out of Inu-Yasha, making him lose his grip and Ryoga ran like a bat out of hell.

"O-oi! Pig-boy! Get back here!! I'm going to make bacon out of you!" Inu-Yasha called out after him. But just as he was about to give chase…

CLANG!

Akane dropped the kettle, her fingers numb. She collapsed to the floor in horror. Ranma winced. Kagome couldn't say anything. Ryoga had…had… She turned to Inu-Yasha and threw herself into his arms. He wrapped his arms around her.

Akane looked up at Ranma. She could see the worry on his face, the apology. "How many know about him…?"

Ranma gulped. "You want the truth?"

She nodded.

"Everyone."

Akane winced. "So, I was the only fool who didn't know that Ryoga turned into P-chan…a pig?"

Ranma lifted his hand and then stopped it midway to her. "No one wanted to tell you because we didn't want to hurt your feelings. You were so attached to P-chan…"

"And you let Ryoga…do that to me…just to not hurt my feelings about P-chan…?"

"I tried telling you before, but you never believed me! So I just gave up and figured no matter how much I hated him doing it, there was nothing I could damn well do about it without hurting you! And that was the last thing I wanted to do!"

Akane slowly stood up and began to walk off. Ranma got up and began to follow her.

"Just leave me alone right now, Ranma."

He shook his head. "Uh-uh, Akane. I'm not leaving you like this. Damn! I didn't want to hurt you…"

She was quiet for a moment. "I know…"

Akane began to walk away in a daze. Ranma followed her.

Kagome looked up at Inu-Yasha. "Should we go after them?"

Inu-Yasha shook his head. "Maybe in a bit we can. Akane…looked bad. I don't know how Ranma's going to deal with it."

"You're not going to after Ryoga?"

Inu-Yasha smirked. "I know his kind. He'll come to me because of what I did to him…" he paused for a moment. "That is, of course, if he can find me."

Kagome smiled and snuggled more into his embrace. His arms tightened around her.