Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Youkai in Furinkan?! ❯ Kagome and Akane… ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part XIII: Kagome and Akane

Kagome knew she couldn't wallow in self-pity. Akane was in danger and she had to help her friend in some way. At least buy them some time until Inu-Yasha and Ranma came for them. She refused to let that youkai have his way with Akane! Kagome stood up with renewed vigor, picked up her skirt and tied it in a knot at her side, so she could move more freely, and got to work.

Kagome rummaged through every part of the room. Her eyes had already completely adjusted to the dark and she was now trying everything she could think of to get out of the room. On the floor she had tossed everything unusable, throwing the junk around so she could get at walls and floors, looking for any form of escape. There has to be an exit. A door, a chute. Anything! Kagome thought as she ran her hands along the walls. That youkai can teleport in and out but she knew that there just had to be a way for her to get out.

And she had to hurry.

Akane's life and …ahem…virginity… was at stake and she wasn't going to let that youkai use her! Akane is Kagome's best friend. She refused to let anything happen to her, especially because of a youkai and the Shikon shards!

Kagome pounded her fists on the walls, listening for any hollow sound to reveal space on the other side. There was an enormous shelf beside her and Kagome used all of her strength to knock it over so she could get at the wall behind it. She stepped on the shelf and just as she was about to bang on the wall she heard something.

Kagome froze for a moment and then put her ear against the wall. Sure enough she heard sounds coming from the other side of the wall. It…sounded like… Her eyes shot open in horror. It sounded like Ranma laughing.

Kagome felt along the wall for a doorknob or anything else. She did find the knob and she sighed with relief. But when she tired to open it, her heart stopped.

Locked.

Kagome cursed and went back to the pile of junk. There has to be something in here she could use! Something, anything at all!

The only thing Kagome found was a shovel. She didn't have time to complain about it (not like anyone was there to listen anyway), so she rushed back toward the door and began trying to knock the knob off with the shovel. If this didn't work she only hoped that she made enough noise to wake up Akane.

Akane! Don't give up! Fight him! I'm coming!

Tenjin lifted his head away from Akane's neck. She was limp in his arms, succumbing to every caress he gave her…but something was interfering. He stared at the door across the room and then heard it.

The slight clang, clang, clang.

Ho? Was Kagome trying to escape? He turned back to Akane. Or perhaps trying to save her friend? He wrapped his arms more tightly around Akane.

"Akane?"

"Mm? What Ranma?" He stared down into her cloudy brown eyes and smiled. She reached up and touched his face and the black hair that fell over his forehead.

"I…kinda want to do more than just kiss you. You're just so…beautiful… Akane…"

Her cheeks flushed. "You know, Ranma, I would never have believed this was really you, if it hadn't been for the other night." She sat up and turned in his arms. "That night, you told me how you felt and that I was beautiful." Akane wrapped her arms around him. "Ranma, you're the only one I want…" She turned a brighter shade of red. "I want to do more than just kiss too."

Amazing, Saotome, Tenjin thought as he smiled tenderly down at Akane. To think that if you and Akane had not confessed your feelings, it would be much more difficult to convince her. Arigato yo, Saotome. You made this much easier on me.

Tenjin ignored the persistent muted clanging from the door and kissed Akane determined to have her life force before Kagome escaped from her prison.

Akane! Akane! Akane! Akane! Akane! Kagome screamed in her head as the shovel fell from her fingers, making a racket at her feet. She cursed herself. If only she was stronger! She fell to her knees. She couldn't get to her friend! Ranma and Inu-Yasha weren't here yet, and at this rate, by the time they got here it would be too late!

Tears slid from Kagome's eyes. Am I just going to give up? My arms are killing me, I don't have the strength to lift that shovel anymore. Akane is going to be…to be… And there's nothing I can do to help her!!

"Chikusho!" Kagome whispered into the darkness as she clenched her fists. Her eyes were sealed shut as tears slid down her cheeks. Akane! Akane! My best friend… "AKANE!!"

Suddenly Kagome sensed a growing light in the room. She opened her eyes and gasped. Her hands were glowing! They were glowing with the same kind of power that illuminated her arrows when she shot them! Her…her miko power?

Kagome's reserve came back full force, as did her strength. She stood up, her hands glowing with determination as she grabbed the shovel. The light that pulsed from her hands spread to the shovel and with one swoop, she slammed it down on the knob, blowing it into dust.

She smiled and kicked the door down. "AKANE!"

Her eyes widened at the scene before her. Not a moment too soon. The youkai had been lowering Akane to the floor while undoing her dress. He looked up at her with Ranma's face and Kagome got even more pissed. She threw the shovel at him using her miko power to propel it and he barely had time to back off Akane.

The shovel missed him, soared over Akane (who was now unconscious) and landed harmlessly on the floor before the youkai. Kagome paid him no heed. She ran to Akane as quickly as possible.

"Akane! Akane! Akane! Wake up!" Kagome shook her friend, trying to bring her back to consciousness.

"It seems I underestimated you."

Kagome looked up at the youkai with Ranma's face. He shook his head at her. "And here I thought you wouldn't be able to get out until after I was through with Akane and I could devote my attention to you. I didn't know you were so impatient, Kagome Higurashi."

Kagome pulled Akane into her arms. "Stay the hell away from us, youkai! I won't let you do anything to Akane!"

"Ho?" He lifted an eyebrow and began to stride toward her. "And what are you going to do, Kagome-chan? You're not that powerful of a Miko. And I am more powerful than I've ever been because of the Shikon no Tama." He took another step forward.

"Don't move another step."

He sneered and moved again.

Kagome blasted with power. Her eyes began to glow and spirit energy erupted from her body in waves. She stared at him dead in the eye. "Make another step and I'll hit you with the full force of this!"

The youkai smiled. "Mm… It seems I was gravely mistaken. Akane is not the one to go first after all." His smile grew into a grin and though he was still wearing Ranma's clothes his face transformed back into its original youkai form. "In order to finish peacefully with Akane, I must first get rid of you!"

"Nani?" Kagome said as he suddenly vanished. Her heart stopped in her chest. Kami-sama… one-gai…

"Surprise, Kagome."

Her hair stood on end as she heard Inu-Yasha whisper in her ear. But before she could turn around and hit the youkai with her miko powers… He kissed her.

Kagome's mind was blown away as the youkai hit her with the full force of his powers. Her body lost the will to move and her heart was racing. It was Inu-Yasha's lips, the same lips he had kissed her with earlier, moving over hers, tantalizing her senses. Kagome felt her will begin to wilt as her entire body reacted to him…

But…this isn't… This isn't… Inu…Yasha… Her mind was slowly melting beneath his seductive powers, and he was sapping away her strength. This isn't… This isn't… It's not… IT'S NOT… "IYA!!!" Kagome screamed as she shoved him away using the spirit power. He flew back and then vanished again.

Kagome shook her head. Oh, kami, oh, kami-sama… She felt drained. He had been doing it. When he kissed her, he had been sapping her strength and her powers, stealing them as easily as he was stealing her will. Kagome closed her eyes briefly and tried to stand up with Akane. They had to get out of here… As quickly as possible. She was gripping Akane's arm and holding her up with her shoulder. Kagome looked about quickly; for the youkai, and for the exit. Where the hell were they anyway?

From what she could tell the room she had been in was a storage closet and this one… a larger storage room? The walls had shelves and boxes were piled up in corners. File cabinets were lined up against the wall as well. There were papers everywhere; in stacks and scattered across the floor. Where the hell…? Kagome spotted a door in the distance and began to make her way there, dragging Akane along.

Akane murmured, and Kagome looked up at her. "Akane?"

Akane slowly opened her eyes. "Ka…gome?" She turned her head slightly. "What… happened to me? I…feel so…weak…"

Kagome smiled at her friend. "Don't worry, just rest. I'll get you out of here in no time. I promise."

"Unfortunately, that'll be a promise you won't be able to keep, Kagome."

Kagome stiffened and looked away from her friend to where the voice had come from. The youkai was standing before them, looking perfectly composed. Kagome cursed internally. Dammit! Why is it that this guy just won't give up and leave us the hell alone?! "Go away."

The youkai put a hand to his chest in mock hurt. "Why Kagome-chan, I'm deeply hurt! Why would you want to leave so soon?" He smiled evilly and began to approach her. "The party has yet to start, and clearly, you must go first. Don't fret, anata, I will make sure you're pleasured before I take away your life force… Even though I will be doing you quite quickly. You see, you're too much of a threat…or should I say, an annoyance?"

Kagome took a step back and felt Akane squeeze her. Kagome turned to her friend. "Akane?"

Akane stared at the youkai, her body straining to stay conscious. "Kagome… Leave me here and get help. I'm too weak to try to get Ranma and Inu-Yasha. You have to do it."

"I won't leave you," Kagome said with conviction.

"You…have to…" Akane whispered. She turned to Kagome with a small smile. "Only you can get them here in time…"

Kagome stared at her friend wide-eyed. "Akane…"

"I won't let you go!"

Kagome and Akane looked up too late. The youkai grabbed Akane from Kagome's grip and tossed her across the room and into a pile of boxes and papers. He pushed Kagome against an open part of the wall. Kagome banged her head against the wall, a searing pain in her head. She opened her eyes, gazing at the direction where Akane was, and saw only blurring images.

"Kagome…"

Kagome barely heard the whisper just as her eyes focused and saw Akane fall into unconsciousness. Kagome cursed and closed her eyes struggling against her captor. He had her pinned tightly to the wall, one of his hands holding her wrists above her head, and his legs holding hers down. She only managed to entrap herself more. Kagome cursed again, tears spilling from her closed eyes.

"Chikusho."

"Kagome?"

Her eyes snapped open for a brief moment before she shut them tightly again. No! He was tricking her again! If she opened her eyes and looked at him, she would fall into his spell! This wasn't Inu-Yasha! It wasn't him! It was that youkai using his voice and his form! It isn't Inu-Yasha!

"Kagome…"

She felt him rub his body against hers and Kagome almost groaned. She bit her lip fiercely to keep from making a sound, but she felt his other hand on her chin. Kagome almost lost all of her will when she felt his thumb rub against her lip, freeing it from her teeth. It was the same gentle hand that had held her earlier… Kagome could not resist opening her eyes to look at him.

She stared into Inu-Yasha's smiling eyes.

Kagome could feel her will melt, her body sigh into his as it gave over to his magic. She could hear the beat of his heart and his breathing as he bent his head to kiss her neck. His pulse matched the pulse within her. A fleeting, vanishing thought in her mind told her it was probably the beat of the Shikon no Tama's pulse, not really Inu-Yasha's. But her thoughts were quickly evaporating beneath his caresses.

Only one blast of thought rebelled before it was silenced beneath his onslaught.

"O…su…wa…ri…"

He licked his way up her neck and hovered just above her lips. His golden eyes stared down into her glazed, passionate eyes curiously.

"Eh?"

That was enough for the last of Kagome's will.

"OOOSSUUUWAAARIIIIII!!!!"

Inu-Yasha was in mid-jump when the scream echoed across the city. Ranma froze on the rooftop as he saw the rosary around Inu-Yasha's neck glow and sent him crashing to the floor just as the scream fell silent. Ranma peeked over and saw a hole about five feet deep with Inu-Yasha's shape and him inside of it, his hands twitching in the index, thumb and pinky extended hand symbol. Ranma winced as he saw Inu-Yasha slowly getting back up. What the hell…?

Ranma blinked in surprise the next moment when Inu-Yasha jumped back onto the roof with a hysterical smile on his face.

"Oi, Inu-Yasha. What the hell happened?"

"AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!" he laughed maniacally, his golden eyes narrowed in a certain direction (Ranma couldn't tell which at the moment), his ears twitching. "I'VE GOT YOU NOW, YOUKAI!!!" Ranma only stared at him wide-eyed as if the hanyou had lost his mind.

Inu-Yasha turned to Ranma with a scary look on his face. "Ikuzo, Ranma. Kagome and Akane are this way!" He leapt to the next roof, not giving Ranma a chance to ask any questions.

Ranma cursed and leapt after Inu-Yasha, quickly catching up to him.

"Oi, Inu-Yasha! What the hell was that all about?" Ranma yelled at him.

"Baka. Only Kagome's 'osuwari' can bring me down, so guess what that scream was?"

Ranma stared at Inu-Yasha in shock. "The curse can reach that far?!"

"Only if I can hear it. That was one hell of an 'osuwari'. It hurt like a bitch, but Kagome was smart to do it. Now, I know in which direction they are!"

"But Inu-Yasha," Ranma said, his eyes narrowing at the hanyou.

"Nan da? We don't have time to chit chat you know."

"Why would Kagome scream out 'sit'? And that was one hell of a scream…" Ranma shook his head, worry making him clench his fists. "What if…"

Inu-Yasha froze. Pigtails was right. Why would Kagome scream 'osuwari' like that? And for her to scream that loud… What in the seven hells…?!

Inu-Yasha suddenly burst into full speed, Ranma right behind him.

"What is it, Inu-Yasha?"

Inu-Yasha clenched his teeth, baring his fangs. "I've got a really bad feeling about this, Ranma. We have to hurry." Suddenly Inu-Yasha came to an abrupt stop and began to sniff the air. This scent… A grin twisted on his face. "They're here."

Ranma's jaw dropped.

"FURINKAN HIGH?!"