Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Youkai in Furinkan?! ❯ A Youkai Party Crashes…?! ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part XII: A Youkai Party Crashes…?!

In Kuno's house the party was still going on. Ukyo and Ryoga were watching Ranma and Akane with unhappy eyes. Shampoo was still being chased around by Mousse (whom she kept beating up). Oba-ba Cologne was sitting with Kasumi and Dr. Tofu having some tea. Nabiki was getting Kuno drunk. Kodachi kept taunting Ranma and Akane, and all the other party crashers were wreaking havoc in the Kuno home.

Ranma and Akane were oblivious to everything. For those few moments no one else existed but them…

At least until the scream and the huge stupid looking monster decided to break into the room through the roof.

Everyone at the party freaked [ahem…understatement]. The thing was gigantic with huge bug eyes that seemed to roll around in its head. It's mouth hung open, baring sharp teeth and its tongue hung limply out of its mouth. It had no ears but a huge torso and short legs. It had fairly human hands, but they were clawed [the monster needs a severe manicure!] and in its right hand was a struggling Kagome.

"KKYYYAAAA!!! INU-YASHA!!!!"

"Kagome!" Inu-Yasha called as he leapt into the air and tried to attack the monster.

The huge beast just batted him away.

Everyone (that wasn't a fighter) was hauling ass to the exit. Nabiki was dragging Kuno, and Kasumi and Dr. Tofu were strolling out of the chaos. Oba-ba Cologne had walked out dragging an unconscious Happousai (he had left the dojo and had sneaked in moments earlier). Kodachi and Principal Kuno had split, and so had pretty much everyone else. The only ones still around was a shocked Shampoo with Mousse clinging to her skirt, Ukyo and Ryoga standing motionless with their jaws agape, and Ranma and Akane were freaking out.

Inu-Yasha managed to land on his feet from the swat that the youkai had given him, his bare feet skidding to a halt before Akane and Ranma. The two just blinked at him for a moment while he cursed.

Ranma shook his head. "Inu-Yasha! What the hell is going on?!" he shouted at the hanyou's back.

Inu-Yasha muttered a "feh", but didn't turn around to face Ranma. "Don't worry about it, Pigtails. This is my problem. That thing isn't after Kagome, but the Shikon no kakera she has."

Akane blinked in surprise just as the monster moaned loudly, "SSHHIIIKOOONN NOOO TTAAAAMMAAAA…"

Kagome was struggling in its grasp. "Stupid youkai! Hanashinasai! Inu-Yasha! What the hell is taking you so long?! Get me the hell out of this!!"

Inu-Yasha growled. "Chikusho!"

He was about to leap into the air again when Akane said, "Ma-te, Inu-Yasha!"

Inu-Yasha whirled around to see Ranma staring at Akane in shock and Akane holding a little bottle of glowing shards. "Shikon no kakera…?"

Akane nodded. "Inu-Yasha, save Kagome while I distract it!"

"NANI~?!" Both Inu-Yasha and Ranma cried out at once, but Akane had already made a break for it.

"SSSHHHIIIIKKOOONN NOOO TAAAMAAA…!" The monster said, starting to go after Akane. Kagome was pounding on the enormous hand that had her gripped.

"Let me go!!! She doesn't have Shikon shards, you stupid bakemono! Hanashinasai!!!" Kagome shouted at it as it began to move toward Akane. Inu-Yasha and Ranma attacked the youkai, but it once again only batted them away. Inu-Yasha cursed. For something so big and stupid it was awful fast. He couldn't get hit in, let alone save Kagome!

"Kagome!" Inu-Yasha called as he tried to reach her again.

Inu-Yasha missed this time, only because the monster had abruptly moved and reached toward Akane.

"Akane!" Ranma cried out when he saw the monster's hand reaching toward her. He raced to her, trying to get to her on time, but he grabbed only air. Oh, Kami, no…

"AAAAAHHHHH!!!" Akane screamed as the thing grabbed her and began to chuckle.

"SSHHIIIKOOONN NOOO TAAAMAAA…" Suddenly it stopped moving and stared down at the two girls in its hands. Both were screaming and struggling and tossing curses up at it. The youkai squeezed and promptly knocked both girls out.

Inu-Yasha and Ranma could only stare stupefied at the grin that suddenly spread over its dumb face. "KKAAAWWAAAIIIIII OOOJJOOO-SSAAAANN TTAAACHIII…" [This thing doesn't know a word of English.]

And with that it suddenly vanished.

"N-N-N-NAN DA?!" Inu-Yasha bellowed. "Where the hell did the fucking thing go?! What kind of stupid messed up youkai is that?! Chikusho!!!"

Ranma dropped to the floor. "Do youkai normally do that?"

Inu-Yasha turned to him with a growl. "I've never seen one just vanish and not be able to detect its scent afterward except for Naraku! And he doesn't count!!! This thing is 50 times stupider! CHIKUSHO!!!!"

Ranma shot up then. "Are you saying we can't follow it?!"

Inu-Yasha snarled. "I'm not saying we CAN'T, I'm saying it's going to be fucking difficult!!"

"What the hell was that thing after anyway? What's a Shikon no Tama and Shikon no kakera?"

Inu-Yasha shook his head and grabbed Ranma. "I'll explain on the way. First we gotta go back to your dojo."

Ranma blinked. "What the hell for? Saving Akane and Kagome is more important than going to the dojo! Can't you find them with your nose?!"

Inu-Yasha's eyes narrowed at Ranma. "I can't save them without Tetsuaiga. And Tetsuaiga is at your dojo, baka! Now let's move, before that thing takes the Shikon no kakera from them and then eats them!"

Ranma gulped as Inu-Yasha jumped out through the hole in the roof that the monster had made. "Eats them…?" Ranma said hoarsely before jumping after Inu-Yasha.

Shampoo, Mousse, Ryoga and Ukyo were still standing there in shocked silence.

"Chikusho, chikusho, chikusho!" Inu-Yasha cursed as he jumped from roof to roof trying to get as quickly as possible to the Tendo dojo. Ranma was lagging behind. "Damn it, Pigtails, can't you move faster?!"

Inu-Yasha blinked as Ranma suddenly closed the gap with a burst of speed. Inu-Yasha smirked. Ranma only growled at him.

"All right. Starting talking, Inu-Yasha. What the hell is a Shikon no Tama? Why did that thing want it? What are Shikon no kakera? Why did Akane have them? And why would that thing eat Kagome and Akane?"

Inu-Yasha rolled his eyes. "All right, Pigtails, here come your lessons. The Shikon no Tama is a special jewel that has the soul of a powerful Miko and a hoard of youkai battling inside. Anyone that possesses it gets immeasurable power, so you can imagine that everything from youkai to humans want to get a hold of it. A while back, the Shikon no Tama got shattered into a thousand pieces. Those pieces are the Shikon shards, Shikon no kakera, and even a little piece like that can give a demon amazing power. Kagome is the Shikon no Tama's guardian and we're trying to get all the pieces away from youkai and humans to put the thing back together again. Kagome probably had the large solid piece with her. She probably gave the bottle of shards to Akane so that way in case something happened the Shikon shards would be divided. Didn't quite work out the way she wanted. Chikusho! She should have told me she was bringing the shards!"

Ranma blinked. "Inu-Yasha that's the most I've ever heard you say."

"Uru-se! Now's not the time to be cracking jokes!"

"Inu-Yasha."

"NAN DA?!"

"We're here."

Inu-Yasha braked and quickly went down to Ranma's room through his window. He grabbed Tetsuaiga and got back on the roof. "All right, Ranma," Inu-Yasha said as he looked about the city. "I'm going to try to get Kagome and Akane's scent and we're going to head in that direction. Hopefully we'll get there before anything happens."

"By the way, Inu-Yasha, you never told me about the," gulp, "eating thing. Will that thing really eat Kagome and Akane?"

"If we don't get there before, it'll eat them. Youkai have a tendency to like the taste of human females. I don't know, youkai are stupid."

Ranma cursed and tossed off his jacket. "Out of all the things to happen…"

"Come on, pigtails!"

Ranma looked up. "You got their scent already?!"

Inu-Yasha stared at him with narrowed eyes. "We're on top of your house, baka. I can smell them, but it's from their room. I've got to go somewhere else to sniff them out. So come on!" With that Inu-Yasha leapt off, Tetsuaiga in hand.

Ranma rolled his eyes and followed. He only hoped they could find Akane and Kagome before anything happened to them. If not, he wouldn't forgive himself.

Kagome came to in a small dark room. There was only a small sliver of light coming from a small window high up on the wall. Too high for her to reach. As her eyes focused to the dark, Kagome looked around for Akane. She saw her friend, not too far away still unconscious. Kagome went to her and tried to wake her.

"Akane. Akane! Wake up! We've got to find a way out of here!" Kagome looked about for a door, but could not find one. What kind of youkai was this? He took the shards and then imprisoned them. She didn't think he would be smart enough to do that. She'd figured he'd just eat them.

Akane moaned as she slowly came into consciousness. She blinked up at Kagome, her eyes slowly focusing and growing accustomed to the dark.

"Kagome? Where are we?"

Kagome shook her head. "Don't know. I didn't think that youkai was smart enough to imprison us, but it looks like he did. I wonder what he's up to…"

"Wonder no more, ojo-san tachi."

Kagome turned around as Akane sat up, both looking to where the voice had come from. Before them materialized a man. He had long dark hair and dark eyes. Kagome's heart clenched when she saw the pointy shape of his ears. This was no man. This was a youkai…and one that looked eerily like Naraku.

Akane shook her head and stared at Kagome. "Kagome, is this the same monster as before? He looks like just an ordinary person."

"Like my friend Sango says, Akane. The scariest youkai are the ones in human form. This is probably his true form, the stupid looking thing we saw earlier was probably only a disguise."

The youkai bowed. "Well done, Miko-san." Kagome's eyes widened. "Hai, hai," he continued. "I know you are a Miko, I can tell one very easily. I'll have to be careful with you. But dear Akane Tendo… She'll be much easier to deal with."

Kagome moved in front of Akane. Akane stared at Kagome. "Kagome, I can take care of myself you know. I know more martial arts than you."

Kagome nodded. "Ah, but your martial arts won't do much against a youkai, Akane. Only my Miko power can." That's if I can control it. I still haven't been able to use it freely like Kikyou does. And I don't have any arrows here. I've got to rely on what I used against the centipede monster all those months ago… If I still have it that is.

"Ho," said the youkai. "Honto ni? In your position I don't think you can do anything, my dears, especially since I have the Shikon no kakera." The youkai chuckled. "Besides, against my power you two have no chance."

He began to walk forward and Kagome drew Akane up, both of them walking back as he slowly came toward them. The youkai only smiled.

Kagome smiled back. "Well, can I have your name. All youkai I've faced before have given me their names in one way or another. So what's yours, youkai?"

The youkai only smirked. "You don't have to know it, Miko-san. Not yet anyway. And by the time I'm through with the two of you, you won't care anymore."

"Nani?" Akane said from behind Kagome.

The youkai crossed his arms. "You see, I'm not going to eat you… At least not in the way you're thinking… Not yet anyway. There are many more ways to eat a woman without killing her and giving her pleasure at the same time."

Kagome and Akane had blue lines on their faces as they stepped back against the wall. Akane gulped. "Does that mean what I think it means?"

"Oh, hai, ojo-san. I'll have you both, any way I want to for as long as I want, and then I'll devour you. That's where I get my strength from you see. I take the spirit and energy of a woman as I make love to her and then when she is worn out, I eat her. You two… I will get much energy and spirit from."

Akane smirked. "What makes you think that we'll willingly give ourselves to you? We'll fight you and win!"

The youkai began his approach again. "Wrong again, ojo-san. You see, now that I have the Shikon no Tama, there is nothing you two can do to defeat me, let alone resist me. The power of my seduction is now unlimited." He suddenly teleported from his spot to right behind Kagome, taking Akane by the arm. Akane screeched just before he teleported back to where he was with her. And he did this all before Kagome could react. He laughed as Akane struggled in his grasp.

"There's no use, ojo-san." He suddenly metamorphed into… Ranma. Akane stopped fighting and just stared at him as he pulled her into his arms and caressed her cheek. Kagome could only stare dumbstruck as Akane's eyes faded and she was trapped under his enchantment.

"AKANE!" Kagome yelled, but the youkai only laughed. Akane was now clinging to him. Kagome stared into Ranma's face and into the blue youkai eyes.

He smiled at her and then said in Ranma's voice. "Now do you see, Kagome? I can be any man that the woman I want desires." He turned to Akane and caressed her face. "Ah, the beautiful Akane… Her greatest desire is Ranma Saotome and so I become him, ready to fulfill her most base desire and give her total pleasure as I suck the life out of her." He turned back to Kagome. "There is one thing I will say about myself. I am not cruel to my victims. They always die with pleasure racking their bodies and their most beloved in their eyes. Akane's total devotion to Ranma is very attractive and I will make sure her wish comes true."

Kagome took a step forward. "You bastard! Let her go this instant! I won't let you do that to her!" Kagome charged at him, praying with all her might that her power will come out. He dodged her easily and Kagome tripped and slid on the floor.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Kagome no baka. Don't tear that beautiful dress now. I want to take it off with my own hands."

"Te-me~…"

"Now, now is that any way for a lady to speak? Don't fret now. You'll have your turn soon enough. Once I'm done with Akane, you'll have your Inu-Yasha," he suddenly morphed into Inu-Yasha, teleported and was right before her. Kagome could only stare into the golden demonic eyes with her heart at her throat. He caressed her neck and smiled Inu-Yasha's smile. Her heart skipped a beat. "Ne, Kagome?" he said in Inu-Yasha's voice and then teleported away, taking Akane with him.

All Kagome could hear was his laughter echoing in the room. Tears fell from her eyes as she curled into a ball.

What was she going to do? With the Shikon no Tama shard he was so powerful. Even though Kagome had known in her head it wasn't Inu-Yasha her entire body was convinced it was. If she almost fell into his spell and she was a Miko, how was she going to save Akane?

Ranma followed the racing Inu-Yasha at his max speed. Inu-Yasha had suddenly sensed something and had begun to head in that direction. Ranma didn't know what the hanyou had sensed but he knew it was definitely something bad.

"Inu-Yasha, what's wrong?"

Inu-Yasha shook his head. "Don't you sense it, Ranma? Something bad is about to happen to Kagome and Akane. I can feel it. Can't you? What kind of fighter are you?"

Ranma cursed at Inu-Yasha but knew the hanyou was right. He had suddenly felt a fear in his heart that almost paralyzed him. He didn't know what was happening to the girls, but he knew for a fact that it wasn't something good.

"Do you think we'll get to them in time, Inu-Yasha?" Ranma asked hoping for a bit of assurance.

"I hope so. I hope so…"

"That isn't very reassuring, dog-boy!"

"It wasn't supposed to be, Pigtails! I don't know what that youkai could be doing to them or what he's got planned if he's got enough brains to plan. It looked like an oni to me from earlier and they're generally stupid…but I can't pick up its scent, let alone Kagome or Akane's. So I'm hoping!"

Ranma braked. "So we're running around town without a clue as to where the girls are?! Inu-Yasha what have you been doing?!"

Inu-Yasha turned around furiously. "Trying to find my Kagome before that thing eats her or does something worse to her!"

Ranma stared at the furious hanyou. "You really love Kagome, don't you?"

"And you really love Akane. What in the seven hells is the point, Pigtails?"

Ranma shook his head. "Never mind. Let's find them quickly, Inu-Yasha. Before they get eaten… or worse."

They both took off again into the night.

I'm coming, Kagome. Don't do anything stupid. I'll protect you, I swear.

Akane… be safe. I'll save you. I won't let anything happen to you. Just…wait for me.

"Ikuzo!" [is this how you spell it? Not sure. "Let's do it!" or "Let's go!"]