Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Youkai in Furinkan?! ❯ Kuno’s Big Bash *^_^* ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part XI: Kuno's Big Bash *^_^*

A couple of days later…

"Dammit Inu-Yasha, they're shoes! You can't just go to the party in your tux and no shoes! You'd look like a moron!"

"Pigtails, I'll rip you apart if you even try to get those things on me! I'm not wearing them and that's final!"

Kagome and Akane sighed. Akane turned to her friend. "Why don't you just sit him, so Ranma can put the shoes on?"

"If I do that I'll mess up his suit. It was already a hassle to just get that on him."

Akane grinned. "Until you showed up in the room."

Kagome grinned back. "I know, but I just don't have the heart to do it twice."

"So I guess we just forget the shoes, huh?"

"THAT'S IT!! I've had it!" Ranma stomped out of the room tossing the shoes. He turned to Kagome. "If you want him to put the shoes on, you'll have to do it Kagome. I ain't going to do it!"

Kagome sighed. "Oh, well. Thanks for trying, Ranma. By the way, you look good."

Ranma blinked and turned red. He was already in his tux. He stiffened and slowly turned to Akane who was also blushing. Ranma turned his reddened face away and scratched the back of his head. Inu-Yasha decided to burst through the door then.

"Oi, Kagome!! What are you doing telling Pigtails that he looks good?!" His white hair swished against his shoulders and his eyes were narrowed. All Kagome could do was gape.

He looked so good.

The black suit molded to him perfectly, the high collar giving him an elegant look. Inu-Yasha looking elegant… Oh, Kami…

Kagome gulped at Inu-Yasha's snarling expression. "I hadn't seen you yet, Inu-Yasha…" She turned bright red and shook her head. "I mean, what's wrong, Inu-Yasha? Jealous?"

Inu-Yasha had blushed with her comment and now his face was even deeper shade of red, but this time with anger as she said the word 'jealous'. "Feh!! Why the hell would I care, you stupid wench?! And if Ranma and I are supposed to be in these get ups aren't you two supposed to be in them too?!"

It was then that Ranma noticed that neither Akane nor Kagome had gotten dressed. He turned to Akane. "He's right. Why aren't you two dressed?"

Akane smiled at him. "Because we wanted to see how you two were doing first. Inu-Yasha's a handful-"

"Oi!"

"-and we wanted to make sure you didn't need any help. We weren't going to ruin our dresses doing that, though."

Ranma shrugged. "Whatever. But you two better get dressed quickly if we're going to make it to Kuno's party on time."

Kagome grinned at Ranma. "Haven't you ever heard of being fashionably late, Ranma?"

Ranma rolled his eyes. "Oh, great!" He turned to Inu-Yasha. "Find yourself a perch, dog-boy. It's going to be a while before these two are ready to go."

"Then why the hell am I in this NOW?!"

Akane and Kagome just giggled and went into Akane's room, where Nabiki and Kasumi were waiting, while they left Ranma to deal with Inu-Yasha alone.

Soun was playing shôgi with Genma, Happousai was sleeping on a cushion, and Ranma and Inu-Yasha were talking about youkai and Naraku, when all four girls came down.

Kasumi was dressed in one of their mother's old dresses, a lovely kimono of light violet, with plum blossoms decorating it. Her obi hung behind her, instead of being packaged in the back. Her hair was up in an intricate knot and it was decorated with two hair sticks and plum blossoms. Soun's eyes watered.

"Oh, Kasumi, you look just like your mother!" And Tendo promptly began to ball.

Kasumi smiled. "Thank you, father."

Happousai woke up then and began to drool. Genma nodded his approval, while Inu-Yasha and Ranma were shocked beyond words.

Nabiki was right behind her in a sexy dress of burgundy. It had a deep neckline and was sleeveless (it was held up by two tiny straps). It molded to her body perfectly. It had a slit up one side of the dress and a sash that hung on her hips. She had a gold choker and bracelets hanging on her wrists. She wore high heels and blew a kiss at the boys.

Genma's eyes were bug-eyed, Tendo's jaw agape. Happousai was crawling toward her with drool dripping. Ranma's punch stopped the perverted old man in his tracks. Inu-Yasha was blushed to the roots of his hair, but couldn't help anticipating what Kagome would look like. Ranma's heart was beating crazily as Nabiki moved out of the way and revealed Akane.

Akane was wearing a halter-top dress of a light blue that clung to her like a dream. The skirt was made of a flowing material so light, she seemed to glide down the stairs. Her earrings were made of silver and crystals. She turned a bright red when she saw everyone's shocked faces, but when she met Ranma's eyes, her heart skipped a beat. He'd never looked at her the way he was looking at her now. She could see everything his voice could not say to her in the blue depths of his eyes. Her heart pounded with what she saw there. He really did think her beautiful… and he had the same look in his eyes as he did that night. Oh, Ranma…

She also saw a question in his eyes. She hadn't bought that dress when they'd gone to the mall the other day. Akane only smiled mysteriously and winked at him. Ranma turned red and so did she. Whoa, Akane! Are you flirting with him?! She smiled as her heart swelled. [Go Akane! Go Akane! Woo!]

Inu-Yasha didn't understand what Nabiki and Akane were trying to do, by revealing so much skin. Did all girls in this era wear skimpy outfits like those?! At least Kasumi was wearing something decent. But despite these thoughts, Inu-Yasha couldn't stop his heart from racing. His entire body was wired to see what Kagome would be wearing. He'd barely noticed that the dress Akane was wearing wasn't one of the ones she'd bought… What would Kagome be…

His thoughts trailed off as Akane moved aside revealing Kagome.

She was dressed in pure snow white. It even shimmered with her every movement. The dress was sleeveless and strapless, cutting horizontally across her chest. It clung to her every curve, but it also folded and flowed on her body, like waves of magical silk. She wore no jewelry except for a necklace of glowing white pearls that hung close to her neck. Inu-Yasha swore time froze.

Everyone and everything else faded away until there was only himself and Kagome. Her vibrant hazel eyes met his across the room and his heart stopped beating. His hands clenched into fists.

Inu-Yasha was suddenly overwhelmed with the desire to touch her. He wanted to grab her in his arms and loose himself in the wonder that was Kagome. He could smell her gentle scent, but it was more potent, more powerful. Her eyes burned into his, her cheeks flushed. He wanted…he wanted…

His eyes suddenly widened in realization. [Yeah, I used the 'w' word ^.~ Oh ho ho ho!]

He wanted her.

He wanted to hold her, bury his face in her hair, inhale her scent, and press her body against his. He wanted to hear her whisper his name, to have her look at him this way forever. He wanted feel her softness, to always have her by his side, to be the only one to EVER see her dress this skimpy! He wanted to… kiss her. His eyes unconsciously fell to her lips were her breath was coming fairly quickly because of his perusal. Her lips were parted. A growl rose from deep within him, but he didn't voice it. He wanted to feel the softness of those lips, find out what Kagome tasted like, to feel her melt into him, to have her breath mingle with his…

Inu-Yasha cursed colorfully and walked out of the room. He had to get away before he did something…drastic.

Everyone watched him leave and slam the door behind him in confusion.

Kagome's heart sank. When she'd felt him looking at her that way… She felt like the most beautiful girl in the world. Her heart had clenched, her breathing had become shallow, and her hands had trembled. For a moment there, she'd thought he would stand up, walk over to her and kiss her breathless. Tears welled up in her eyes. What…what…happened…?

She felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up and met Akane's gentle brown eyes. Akane smiled at her.

"Don't worry, Kagome. I'm sure he was just surprised."

Kagome took a deep breath, trying to stave off the tears. "That sure didn't look like surprise to me."

"Maybe he wasn't expecting you to dress so scantily and you were too much for his heart to handle," Nabiki said with a grin, before punching Happousai to the ground as he made a break for her breasts.

Ranma kicked the old man aside as Soun nodded at Kagome. "Nabiki is right, Kagome-chan. Perhaps Inu-Yasha finally realized how beautiful you are."

Genma punched Ranma. "Just like I hope this ingrate finally realized how beautiful Akane really is!"

"Dammit, pops! Why you have to hit me for?! Who cares about a tomboy like Akane! There's nothing cute about her!" Ranma shouted at his father, but he turned his gentle gaze to Akane with a smile.

Akane smiled in return.

Kasumi chuckled. "Well, why don't we head to the party now? We're already late. Shall we go then?"

Ranma rolled his eyes. "It's about time." He smiled lightly and gave both Akane and Kagome his arm. Akane blushed and Kagome just looked up at him gratefully. He leaned over and whispered in Kagome's ear. "Inu-Yasha will come around. I'm sure his jealousy will get to him."

Kagome smiled up at him. She sure hoped it did… unless it was about Kikyou. Then maybe he wouldn't come around at all.

"Have a good time!" Soun called as they left the room, his foot holding the unconscious Happousai down.

"Bring back leftovers!" Genma shouted, his foot also holding Happousai down.

Kasumi nodded and smiled.

Nabiki grinned. "Let's go people. Time to party crash!"

When they arrived at Kuno's party, havoc was already being reeked. Shampoo, Ukyo and Kodachi were fighting over who would get Ranma when he arrived (despite the fact that all of them were in dresses and knew he was coming with Akane). Ryoga was wandering about the house trying to find his way out. Mousse was following Shampoo around…when he wasn't being chased by Principal Kuno to get his hair cut. Oba-ba Cologne was watching the fight from a safe distance. Every other nut was either dancing, eating, fighting or claiming things for their own (such as Azusa), while Kuno sat in the midst of it all, a vein in his head ticking with each second. [I'd hate to be in his place, ne?]

Ranma, Akane, Kagome, Inu-Yasha, Nabiki, Kasumi and Dr. Tofu (they'd picked him up to go to the party too and he was still dazed) all stood watching the spectacle in shock until Kuno spotted them.

"Akane Tendo! Kagome Higurashi! Finally! The two I have been waiting for have finally arrived!" Kuno shouted as he approached them. "I see you have brought the dog demon" he made no comment about Inu-Yasha's lack of shoes, "and the other Tendos with you, but where is my pigtailed goddess?"

Ranma's eye ticked. "She ain't coming if my life depends on it."

Kuno eyed Ranma. "Who invited you?!"

Ranma shrugged and pointed the chaos going inside the main hall. "Did you invite them too?"

Kuno's cheek ticked. He turned around. "Welcome to my humble abode! Make yourselves at home…"

"Ranma darling!"

"Ranma honey!"

"Nihao, Ranma!"

They knocked Kuno aside and gathered around Ranma.

"Oh, crap, already?! Why can't I get a break?!" he shouted to the ceiling.

Akane stepped forward, standing in front of Ranma. The three were surprised to say the least (so was Ranma for that matter). Their eyes narrowed.

"What are you doing, Akane?"

"Akane foolish! You think you stand up to Shampoo?!"

"Oh ho ho ho ho ho! What a moron! Stand aside Tendo girl!"

Akane crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Sorry, you three. You'll just have to wait. I got dibs on Ranma first. Stand in line, once I'm done with him for the evening then you can have him. I expect all of you to act like dignified ladies, and wait for your turn. Ranma would hate any brawling women at a party! How embarrassing would that be?" She grabbed Ranma's stunned hand and dragged him away.

The other three could only stare in shock.

Oba-ba Cologne nodded, impressed. "Worked on their own dignity, making them feel the shame should they fight like she-devils over one man. Well done indeed."

"A-Akane?"

"What, Ranma?" Akane said not looking back.

He stopped letting her drag him around, forcing her to look back at him. Akane blinked when she saw his pink cheeks.

"Can I have this dance?"

Akane's eyes lit up and her face flushed. "O-okay…"

Ranma smiled and took Akane into his arms. She turned beat red as he swept her about to the music. Akane lost herself in Ranma's gentle blue eyes. She never knew Ranma could dance so well.

While they danced, Dr. Tofu and Kasumi went off on their own, and Nabiki went to comfort the depressed Kuno with some of her charm and some photos. Ukyo, Shampoo, and Kodachi brooded, while chaos continued about them.

Kagome and Inu-Yasha on the other hand…

"If you're going to sulk the entire night, Inu-Yasha, I'll leave you with your own company, and find someone else to dance with!"

Inu-Yasha only growled at her. Her skin was flushed with anger, her hands were on her hips and she was bending forward, giving him a nice view of her cleavage. She looked absolutely breathtaking and there wasn't a damn thing he could do about it.

Kagome closed her eyes tightly, fighting back the tears. "FINE! If that's how you're going to be, then… FINE! If I had known you'd get like this just because I wanted to look nice for you, then I would have come in a sackcloth!" She wiped her eyes with the back of her arm. She turned around and shot him a cold look. "I'm going to dance with Ryoga, Inu-Yasha, while you sit there and brood over how much I'm not like Kikyou!"

She'd only taken a step in Ryoga's direction when she felt Inu-Yasha's hand grab onto her arm. She turned around and gasped at the fierceness of his expression.

"Kikyou has absolutely NOTHING to do with this!" he shouted at her.

"Then why are you looking at me that way?!" she shouted back.

"What way?!"

"Like you don't know what to do with me!" Inu-Yasha started and released her. The tears were coming out of Kagome's eyes freely now. "Like you don't know whether to hold me or push me away. Like you don't know whether I'm me or someone else. Like you don't know whether to run away or kiss me! Dammit, Inu-Yasha, I don't care what you do, but just do something! Don't just sit there like I'm nothing-"

Inu-Yasha grabbed her before she could finish and dragged her into his arms. Kagome's eyes widened as she was pressed against his warm chest. She could hear the wild beating of his heart and her own heart began to beat in sync with his. He buried his face in her hair and trembled. Her breath caught.

"I-Inu-Yasha…?"

"Kagome…" He whispered her name huskily and tightened his hold. Kagome's heart clenched. She lightly smiled wrapped her arms around him and held him close. She buried her face against his shoulder and neck and inhaled his scent. He smelled like the forest right before a storm. She sighed and melted against him.

Abruptly he pushed her away leaving Kagome startled… and hurt. She bit her lip, her entire body trembling. Inu-Yasha finally lifted his gaze to hers and Kagome swore the fire she saw raging there burned her. He grabbed her arm and dragged her outside to Kuno's garden. Kagome blinked at him in confusion.

It wasn't until they were a good distance away from the house that he finally stopped and turned around to face her. Kagome's eyes were narrowed as they gazed at him. He paid her look no attention, grabbed her by the shoulders and just shook her.

"I-Inu-Yasha…?" she stuttered, her hands gripping onto his arms, trying to hold herself steady.

"Damn it, Kagome. It has nothing to do with Kikyou or anything from back home…" he shouted at her. He stopped shaking her and sighed. Abruptly, Inu-Yasha pulled her into his arms and hugged her close, burying his face in her hair.

"I-I just don't know what to do, Kagome… You're different in these clothes…I'm different. I've always wanted to hold you, and keep you beside me, but now the feeling is more intense than ever before! I don't know…" He trembled and tightened his hold on her.

His hands slid up her back, cradling her to him. Her breathing was coming in raggedly as she slowly wrapped her arms around him and held him back. Her soul was lost in the depths of his eyes. How had he done it? This rude, stubborn, jerk of a hanyou had managed to steal something from her that she probably would have given him anyway. Why couldn't it have been a sweet, gentle, polite man that stole her soul and heart away? Someone like Hojo. Why did it have to be him? Her heart sped up even faster as he bent his head toward her.

Kiss? He was going to kiss her? She could hear her blood rushing through her veins and inside she smiled. Kagome had secretly wanted Inu-Yasha to be her first kiss, but when he had kissed Kikyou that dream had died. But now…tonight… Anything seemed possible. His lips took hers and Kagome sighed against him. It was too late for her now. She loved him…she'd loved him for a long time already… For two lifetimes…

His lips moved over hers, tasting her, feeling her, breathing in her breath. He was so gentle, so infinitely gentle… In a way she never thought he could be. His tongue slid over her lips and Kagome went up in flames. She whimpered against him and her lips parted. Inu-Yasha took what she offered in a blaze of heat. He consumed her with every caress of his lips, every stroke of his tongue as it dipped into her mouth. Kagome clung to his shoulders, her nails digging into the cloth as she was caught up in his sudden passion.

A growl erupted from the depths of Inu-Yasha's soul as he tore away from the kiss and buried his face against her throat, trying to catch his breath, trying to calm his racing heart. "This…" he whispered hoarsely against her throat. "This was what I was about to do when I saw you come down those stairs." He lifted his head and kissed her again, pressing her more tightly against him as he devoured her lips and drove her to madness. He tore away again and his entire body shuddered. "I-I wanted so much… And it spooked me, Kagome. To think I could need, want so much. So much that I almost doubled over from the need that had come out of nowhere." He grabbed her hair and pulled her head back, his gaze burning into her dazed one. "What magic did you work on me, Kagome? What did you do, wench?!" he bellowed at her, his fangs bared, his voice cracking. He released her and then wrapped his arms around her again, pressing her softness against him as he buried his face in her neck. He kissed the beating pulse there.

"I-Inu-Yasha…"

His ears perked up and he lifted his head to stare down at her. She slowly shook her head.

"I-I've done nothing, but-"

He stopped her by shaking his head. "You wore me down. Little by little, you made me trust you, protect you. You care about me in a way no one had ever cared about me. You make me laugh, you stand up to me. You're not afraid of me. You tore down every damn wall I had worked to put up! Damn you, Kagome! What did you do? I DON'T GET IT!!!"

Kagome smiled. "I lo-"

"SSSHHIIIKONNN NNNOOO TTTAAMMAAA…"

Inu-Yasha and Kagome turned abruptly.

"NAN DA?!"