Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Odango Atama ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Odango Atama

version 1.3

STATUS: that's a good question. If I write more, then I'll post it. If not, it was a fun run. After trying to watch the English dub, I almost lost my new found respect for Sailor Moon. The Japanese version is much better.

WARNING: I'm a Sailor Moon Newbie. I'm going to need the continued support of each fan. I've seen the first season, but my copy of the second season is so horrid, that I can't watch it very well.

Chapter 1

Ranma woke carefully. His head hurt and the world felt like it was about to cave in on him.

"Where the hell am I?" he asked. This of course caused him to be greeted by his female voice. This was not a new experiance for him, however something was off. The voice said what she said and it was female, but it wasn't her female voice.

Carefully, she got out of her bed and another thing came to her attention. Her height was off. Yawning, Ranma-chan decided to pay no attention to it.

'Must be asleep still,' she thought. 'Strange dream...'

It didn't take Ranma-chan long to notice that she was not in her own room.

'Let's see... I remember fighting a demon last night... I took a real serious hit... Then I woke up here... Wonder where here is?'

"Usagi!" A voice called out.

'Usagi? Must be a nurse or somethin here...' Suddenly, the door opened up and an older woman stepped in.

"Come on Usagi, you're going to be late!" the woman shouted as she grabbed Ranma by the arm.

"What the hell?" This cause the woman to come to a halt.

"What was that!?! Swearing in this house? From you? What's happened to my baby?" she cried.

"Your baby? Listen lady, my name's Ranma Saotome. Got that?"

"What are you talking about? You're my daughter. Who else would have hair like that?" At this statement, Ranma ran to the nearest mirror and screamed. Instead of a red head in a pigtail style, she saw a blond with dumpling hair looking back.

Her mind shut down and she jumped out the window, hoping to escape the nightmare that had ensnared her.

"Usagi?" her mother called as she peaked into the bathroom. "I don't like this..."

____________________________________

Half a block away, Ranma cursed herself for not getting some hot water while she was in the bathroom. Running as fast as she could, she reached a nearby school.

"Juuban Middle School...," she said out loud as she read the sign. "Guess this is as good a place any to get some hot water as any I'm likely to find..."

____________________________________

Inside, Ranma-chan made her way to the men's room and carefully snuck in. Unknown to her, someone saw her go in.

Ranma went and filled the sink with hot water and dunked her head in. Immediately, she felt her body grow. The change was dramatic though. Not like when he'd changed from Ranko to Ranma. The height difference was amazing. Even his hair style changed which had never happened before. All in all, it was the strangest thing he'd ever had done to him.

Of course, this is when Ranma realizes he was wearing the pajamas meant for a shorter girl as the fabric ripped apart during his growth.

Quickly, he pulled off the remains of the gown and began to hunt down some clothes. While he was searching, the person that saw him enter decided to enter.

"Hello?" the voice called out. It was a girl's voice. "Usagi, if you're in here, get out before you get in trouble!"

"There's no one by that name in here," Ranma called out. 'Damn, who is this Usagi person?'

"Oh, I'm sorry for intruding. If you see a girl with odangos, tell her Naru is looking for her ok?"

"Uh... sure..."

With that said, the girl quickly left.

____________________________________

Ranma finally found a kendo outfit that was for the instructor. Amazingly, it managed to fit just right. The downside was that it made him look oddly like Tatewaki Kuno with a pigtail.

'If I spout even one line of Shakespeare, I'm going to kill myself,' he thought. 'Now to get out of here and get home. Akane's probably worried sick about me... Not that I care what that uncute tomboy thinks.'

Ranma dashed off and prayed that his father or someone would wake him up from his awful nightmare.

____________________________________

Just as Ranma was about to reach the house, he was assaulted by the old lady and her ladle. A wet and soggy blond muttered the most hatefully things she could think as she entered the Tendo estate.

"Hello," a voice greeted her. It was Kasumi.

"Hi Kasumi. Can you heat up some water for me?"

"Why of course I can little girl. It will just take a second."

"Little girl? It's me Kasumi."

"Yes, and what a pretty young girl you are," Kasumi happily commented as she left to get the water, ignoring the fact that the little girl in question seemed to know her name. "I wonder if she's thirsty for some tea?"

Ranma-chan waited quietly at the diner table and waited for Kasumi to return. Thankfully, it didn't take her long to return.

"Thank you Kasumi," Ranma-chan said with a slight bow before taking the pot and pouring it over her head. This cause Kasumi to drop her tea cup and pass out. "Kasumi?... That's never happened before..."

____________________________________

The eldest Tendo daughter slowly opened her eyes and spotted Ranma looking at her.

"Oh my, did I pass out?"

"Yeah... Sorry for not warning you."

"That's quiet alright Ranma. What happened?"

"With my transformation?"

"Yes," Kasumi answered plesantly.

"I'm not sure. I remember taking a walk to my mom's house when this giant monster attacked me. I was doin fine till these girls in sailor outfits suddenly showed up and tried to fight it. That's when..." Ranma's mind went blank as he tried to remember what he did after that.

"That's when?"

"I think I jumped in front of of them to shield them from a blast. It hurt... I think I was dying... but I didn't save her did I?...," he said out loud as he remembered the beam lancing through him and into the girl behind him. "I passed out. When I woke up, I looked like that..."

"I see. Well, perhaps you should go and see Dr. Tofu."

"You think?"

"I'm not positive, but perhaps the change in your cursed side might be the result of catching a flu virus or something."

"You know that could be it. I have been feeling a bit under the weather..."

"I'll call Dr. Tofu and let him know you're on the way."

"Thanks a lot Kasumi. You're the best."

____________________________________

Ranma wasn't surprised to find out that the doc didn't have any clue what might have effected the cursed side. So, he decided to try the only other source of knowledge he had. Cologne. He knew it was risky to ask her for help with anything, but if she knew anything, it would be worth the risk.

Just as he was about to enter the Cat-cafe, Shampoo decided to toss out a cold bucket of water she'd been using to clean the floor.

"What'd you do that for?" Ranma-chan shouted.

"What? Who is there?" Shampoo asked.

"It's me Shampoo."

"Oh. Ok... Who is you?" At this, Ranma-chan's face took a small trip to the ground.

"It's me. Ranma."

"You is named Ranma? Aiya, is very strange coincidence. Airen name is also Ranma."

"Can I get some hot water Shampoo?"

"Certainly. Tea cost only 200 yen."

"Whatever. I just need to change back."

"What? You is cursed?"

"Yeah. You knew that Shampoo."

"Shampoo get you water then. Be back in minute." True to her word, Shampoo quickly returned with the hot water, which Ranma-chan proceeded to dump on herself. "What!?!"

"Yo Shampoo." At this time, Shampoo was already out cold on the floor. "Hey old ghoul, you here?"

"Yes, I'm here son-in-law. Is there something you need?" Cologne asked as she pogoed in. "Oh, what happened to Shampoo?"

"She got tired and decided to take a nap on the floor," Ranma casually commented as he glanced down at Shampoo. As his gaze returned to Cologne, he noticed that she was starring at his forehead. "What's the matter? I got something on me?"

"Yes... Very odd. I never knew you were a princess."

"Princess? What the hells that supposed to mean you old bat?"

"You've got the mark of the moon princess on your forehead, Tsuki-hime."

"Don't call me that! I'm a guy. Ain't no way I'm a princess."

"I'm afraid that mark on you tells me otherwise. It is puzzling though. Why would the princess be reborn as a man? Wait.. Perhaps..."

"What? What are you babbling about?"

"Nothing Tsuki-hime."

"I told you to stop calling me that!"

"Would you prefer son-in-law?"

"I'd prefer you drop dead, but that ain't gonna happen now is it?"

"You're such a kidder."

"So what is this Moon Princess thing?"

"Well, it's a story from a long time ago. There was a kingdom on the moon ruled by a woman known as Bunny. She had a legion of soldiers known as the Sailor brigade. It was an army of thousands armed with swords of light. They were defenders of the peace and sometimes they played matchmaker to those without love. Any ways, after a thousand years, an invading army came in and a war began. At first, the Sailor Senshi army was able to hold them off. That is until the full moon. That gave the enemy the advantage it needed. In the end, the Moon Princess's kingdom was destroyed, but they say they would return one day, reborn into this world."

"Are you sure about that story? I mean, if their on the moon, how can there be a full moon?"

"Well... I don't know. It's an old story passed down for many generations. I admit there may be some errors in the story, but the underlining truths have to be right. They were supposed to be reborn into this world. But I though the princess was already here..."

"I'm sure she is and whatever you're seein is just a figment of your imagination."

"If that's what you want to believe Tsuki-Miya, then go ahead."

"Stop that!"

__________________________________

Author's notes
Tsuki = Moon
Hime = princess
Miya = prince