Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Odango Atama ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Odango Atama

version 1.1

Thanks to Dogbert for noticing something I didn't. Thanks!
Thanks to Slade3 for his help with the conversation.

Chapter 2

Ami sat quietly in her room thinking about their most recent fight. It bothered her. She tried to tell herself that when dealing with the kinds of youma that they've been dealing with, there were bound to be casualties, but she still hadn't prepared for it when it finally happened.

When they arrived, they found a young redheaded girl under attack. She actually looked as if she was trying to battle it. Of course that must have been something she imagined cause no human could battle a youma. Not unless they were a Senshi.

They quickly joined the fight. Just as they did however, the monster shot some kind of beam at Usagi. Before it could hit her, the girl they saw battling the youma jumped in front of the beam.

When the dust and smoke cleared, she was horrified to see only Usagi's unconscious form lying on the ground. The other girl's body was completely gone. She'd sacrificed herself for Usagi.

Thankfully, they were able to pull it together and defeat the monster without Usagi's help. However the cost of that battle were still too high for her taste.

After the fight was over, they took Usagi home. Thankfully her mother bought the story they gave her.

As Ami continued to think, her internal alarm clock went off.

"It's time to head to the meeting," she said to herself.

____________________________________


"So has anyone seen Usagi?" Luna asked as Ami walked in.

"No. I'm starting to worry. It's not like that meatball head to forget about our annual meeting, even if she is usually late." Matoko commented out loud.

"Has anyone tried to contact her communicator?" Ami asked.

"Yeah. She's not answering." Minako answered.

"Perhaps one of us should go find her."

"We already sent Artimes to check. He should be there by now." Just as Minako said this, the communicator activated. "Artimes, any luck?"

"No, I'm afraid she's not here," the white cat responded. "And from what I can gather, she left rather suddenly after her mother woke her up."

"Ok. Thanks for checking," Minako said before putting the communicator away. "Ami, it's up to you now."

"Ok." With that, Ami pulled out her super computer out and began running the search program. "There! I've got a lock on the silver crystal. It's somewhere in Nerima."


____________________________________

As the group headed to the train station, Makoto turned to Ami and asked, "You think Usagi's disappearance has anything to do with that fight last night?"

"What do you mean?" Ami responded.

"I mean, an innocent bystander got killed trying to save her."

"Perhaps... I mean, I'm still a bit spooked by it. Did you get a good look at that girl?"

"No, she moved in too fast. I didn't have a chance. Did you?"

"No, I didn't. Odd how that beam didn't seem strong enough to vaporize a body though."

"When we're done with this," Rei interrupted, "I'll try doing a fire reading. Something about this still bothers me."

"Alright... Let me know what you find, ok?"

"Sure. I just hope Usagi is ok..."
____________________________________

The group met up with Artemis as they boarded the train.

"What do you think Usagi is doing all the way in Nerima?" Makoto looked to Rei questioningly.


"I don't know. We can ask her once we find her," Rei spoke reassureingly.

"You don't think a Youma kidnapped her do you?" fretted Minako.

"No, from what I over heard, she simply jumped out the bathroom window," Artemis answered.

"Isn't her bathroom on the second floor though?" Makoto asked.

"True..." Luna said with a nod. At her statement the other senshi gave her unbeleiving looks.

"She must have spotted something and followed it."

"Then it still could be a youma...," Rei suggested, though unsertain about the possiblity.


"Yeah, I guess you're right. Everyone, be on your guard," Luna advised.



____________________________________

The rest of the train ride was made in silence. After exiting, they quickly followed the proximity detector. As the sun began to set, they arrived at the Cat-Cafe.

"The silver crystal is in here. That means so is Usagi," Ami announced.

"This is a ramen restaurant. It's just like that meatball head to skirt her duty to go and eat," Rei commented.

"Now Rei, we don't know all the facts yet. Let's just go inside and ask," Makoto suggested.

"Makoto's right. Rei, stop picking on Usagi," Ami pleaded.

"I'll stop when she grows up and takes responsibility for her actions," Rei stated coldly, her eyes narrowing.

"Well, I'm going in and finding out before I point any fingers." With that, Ami opened the door and peaked inside.

"Hello?" an voice called out. "I'm afraid we're closed right now."

"I'm sorry, but we're looking for our friend. We have reason to believe she's here."

"Hold on a second. Ranma, is there anyone expecting you here tonight?"

"Nah," Ranma replied. "No one knows I'm here."

"That voice..." Makoto mumbled. It was strange, she knew she had heard that tone, that ambiance, that rough yet kind presence before; the name was on the tip of her tounge, but she just couldn't spit it out.

"Something Wrong Makoto? Do you recognize that boy?" Minako asked gently.

"Sempai?..." was Makoto's only response as the realization finally dawned on her and she burst through the door. "Is it you Sempai?"

"Here she goes again," Rei exsasperated.

"It's him! Ranma!"

"Huh?" was all the Ranma could get out before he found himself in a bear hug. "Makoto?"

"Who's this Ranma? Another fiancée?" Cologne jokingly asked.

"No! It ain't like that I swear! She's just an old friend I met." This comment caused Makoto to pout a bit, but she decided not to say anything.

'Sempai, why can't I ever tell you about the crush I have...' she tought as she sighed.

"What's wrong Ami?" Rei asked as she noticed Ami was still messing with the computer.

"The computer still says the crystal is near here," she responded as she walked in the direction it was pointing her to. Suddenly she walked right into Ranma. "Oh, I'm sorry..."

Ami's face went white.

"Ami?" Minako looked at Ami curiously.

"Come on... She's not here...," Rei was getting tired of this fiasco.

"Is something wrong Ami?" Makoto wondered.

"No, of course not. Can we go?" Ami's voice was on the edge of desperation.

"Alright," they chorused. At that, the girls walked outside.

"Ok Ami, what's up?" Makoto asked.

"That guy has it. He has the silver crystal!" Ami exclaimed.

"What? Are you sure?" Rei was shocked

"No doubt about it." Ami responded with certainty.

"You think he's Usagi's boyfriend or something?" Minako wondered.

"No." at this Makoto relaxed. " We'd have heard her talking if she did. Besides, there's something off about that guy. His entire body was charged with an abnormal amount of energy."

Rei though for a moment, only one thing in her experiance had abnormal energy. "Then he must be a youma!"

Ami, without any other leads, found only one course at the moment. "I agree."

With that, the group took up their posses and transformed. They then charged into the restaurant to face Ranma down.

"What the heck?" Ranma asked. As he looked over the group of four sailor suited warriors, a memory hit him. 'I think I know them... but how?'

'Oh Sempai... Why are the good looking guys always evil?' Matoko asked herself. The soft twinkle of a tear formed on the corner of her eye.


The group quickly took up fighting stances and about this time, Ranma decided it would be best to regroup elsewhere. He quickly made a mad dash for the back exit.

"Venus Love-Me Chain" Venus yelled out, hoping to capture the boy before he could get far. Unfortunately, her aim was off and she missed by an inch.

____________________________________


As Ranma round the corner, he felt it happen. The bucket in Shampoo's hands quickly emptied all over him and some how missed her completely. The cold water drenched him and seconds later, he was female.

"What'd you do that for!" Ranma-chan yelled out.

"Usagi?" Ami called out as she spotted the soaked blond. Ranma-chan cringed as she heard that name again. She wanted to ask why people kept calling her a bunny, but decided it was time to find out what these girls knew about his new cursed side.

"Hey," she weakly responded. "What's up?"

"There you are Tsuki-Hime," the old woman called out. This caused Ranma-chan to cringe again.

"Do you know Usagi?" Rei asked as she eyed the freeze dried mummy.

"Yes, me and your princess know each other from way back when, isn't that right Tsuki-hime?" the old ghoul cackled.

"Shut up you old bat!"

"Usagi?" Ami asked. She was slightly shaken at the violent outburst from Usagi.

"I'm sorry... Ami?" Ranma-chan had ventured.

"Yes?" Ami was a little taken by the hesitation in her leader and best friend's voice.

"Nothin..." Ranma-chan muttered. She suddenly realized she suddenly knew all the names of the people in front of her.

"Do you know that guy that just ran out of here?" Makoto hoped.

"Him? Yeah, he's nothing." Ranma-chan replied nonchalantly.

"But he ran off with the silver crystal." At this, another memory sparked in Ranma-chan's mind.

"You mean this?" she casually stated as she pulled out the wand.

That threw Ami of balance. "Oh... That's odd. I must have entered something in the computer incorrectly..."

"No prob. Hey granny. Five deluxe ramen... and whatever they want." At this Ranma-chan began to walk back inside.


"Coming right up moko-dono... I mean Tsuki-Hime." Cologne smiled mischiviuosly.

"Son-in-law?" Makoto was confused.

"Sorry, I must be getting senile. To think I could mistake such a beautiful young girl for a man..."

"It's ok granny. I can put you in a coffin before it gets much worse..." Ranma-chan's response was met with a swift knock to the head from Cologne's staff.

"Mind your manners."

"Hey Ami, you think that old woman's a youma?" Makoto asked quietly. Unfortunately Cologne heard this and get her a small lump for her trouble.