Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Power of One ❯ The Return of the Ronin Warriors and the Arrival of a New One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(I do not in anyway own the Ronin Warriors in anyway. They are own by Sunrise, and some other companies.)

Kasey: Ohayo minna! For those of you that have been reading this fanfic, you may have noticed the change in the title. I kinda lost intrest in the plot I was using, so I decided to change it around a bit. Instead of this story revolving just around Kasey, I'll be bring in four more Ronin Warriors in the chapters to come. Please enjoy the revised "Kasey of the Blaze", now renamed "The Power of One"

The Power of One

by Kasey Sanada

Part 1: The Return of the Ronin Warriors and the Arrival of a New One

"My Warlords, a new Ronin Warrior will soon be coming. You must kill him before he learns the secret of his armor, or he will be the downfall of the dynasty."

"But, milord, why can't we just kill the other Ronins?"

"Do not worry, Kalika, you will get your chance. Now take your warlords and go have some fun with them."

"As you wish. Ariel, Blade, Hannah, Lance, Phoenix, let's go have some fun with those ronin welps." the leader said with a evil look in her eyes.

The other warlords nodded as they transported to the Earth.

"Rowen..." a young man with a strong English accent called out softly.

Rowen stirred when he felt someone shaking him gently, but instead of waking up like Cye had hoped, the blue-haired teenager just rolled over and went back to sleep.

"Still can't wake him up, huh Cye?" Cye turned around and saw Kento smirking at him.

"Oh, and you think you can do any better?" Cye asked his best friend.

"Just watch and learn little fishy."

Cye groaned. He hated it when they called him that. He blinked as he watched Kento gently picked up Rowen, who was still sleeping soundly through all of of this, and noticed that he was heading towards the bathroom. Cye grinned. He understood completly now what Kento was doing.

Kento slowly opened the door so not to wake the sleeping Strata, and motioned Cye to follow him. Cye walked into the bathroom just as Kento layed Rowen in the tub. Kento turned to Cye with a grin on his face, "Would ya like to do da honors, Cye?"

Cye rolled his eyes. Kento could be a little dramatic at times, but before Kento could change his mind, Cye leaned over to turn the faucet on and....

Sage and Ryo jumped off the couch when they heard a loud scream coming from upstairs. "Who the hell was that?" Ryo asked, getting ready to charge upstairs.

Sage put a hand on Ryo's shoulder to stop him, "Calm down, it's just Rowen," Sage said, calmly.

Ryo blinked. "Then could you please explain why he just screamed like that?"

Before Sage could say anything, Cye and Kento came running down the stairs, laughing uncontrolably.

"Man, Cye, didn't think you had it in you," Kento said, still trying to catch his breath.

"Well, I had more guts to do it then you did," Cye replied, finally able to speak.

"What do you mean, I didn't....." Kento was cut by a very wet, and VERY pissed Rowen.

"You sonofbitches! You're gonna wish you never did that when I get finished with you!" Rowen yelled. But before Rowen could get his hands on Kento and Cye, Sage and Ryo had a hold on his arms, trying to calm him down.

"Kami-sama, guys! What did you do to him to get him this pissed?" Ryo asked Kento.

"Well, you see, we....." Kento couldn't get anymore out before he and Cye started snickering.

"If you guys don't start talking," Sage said in a low voice, "Ryo and I are gonna let Rowen go and let him deal with you".

Cye and Kento stopped laughing. They look over at Rowen, who was giving them a death glare and was still fighting to get out of Sage and Ryo's grip, decided it was best to do what he said. "Well, he wasn't waking up soooo...."

"Let me guess, you threw him in the shower again huh?" Sage asked, sighing.

Ryo was confused for a moment before understanding what Sage had meant and sighed also. He should have know. The last time they threw Rowen in the shower, Cye had wound up with a black eye and Kento had gotten a broken arm. All the guys knew that Rowen hated the water, but Kento and Cye couldn't seem to get that through their thick heads.

Sage gave them a look and said, "I'm giving you fifteen seconds before I let Rowen go."

Kento and Cye gave each other a look before grabbing their schoolbags from the kitchen and ran out the door. As soon as Ryo and Sage heard the car pull out of the driveway, they let go of Rowen shoulders. Rowen gave them a murderious look. A sweat drop formed on Ryo's head and looked at Sage and saw that he was shaking and his face was red. "Sage?" Ryo asked, worried. "You all right man?"

Sage tried to answer him but laughter over came him. The ronin of wisdom fell to the floor, howling with laughter and tears streaming down his face. Ryo looked down at Sage, thinking his friend had completly lost it. His head snapped up when he heard a snicker. Sage, AND Rowen were both laughing. "Would you guys mind telling me what the HELL you guys are laughing about?" he asked in disbelief.

"Man, Ryo," Rowen choked out, tears running down his face, "You should see the look on ya' face. It's priceless man!"

"Yeah, we had you really going there Ryo," Sage added, his laughter calming down.

"You mean..." Ryo was starting to catch on. He burst out laughing. "Geez, Rowen, you scared the shit out of me! I actually thought you were going kill me for a sec there." He turned to Sage, who had finally stopped laughing and regained some of his composure. "How did you know about this?"

Sage shrugged. "Rowen told me. He said he's been planning this for weeks."

"You have?"

Strata nodded, grinning. "After waking me up like that, they sure as hell deserved it."

Ryou shook his head, smiling. Sage looked at his watch, "Hey guys, we better get going before we're late for class."

Rowen nodded, "I don't need another detention on top of the others I have."

"You wouldn't have all those if you didn't fall asleep in class all the time," Ryo pointed out as they got into the car.

Rowen muttered something under his breath that he couldn't quite catch, and Ryo knew it probally wasn't good. They all knew Rowen had low blood pressure and it was hard to get to sleep and wake up at times.

During the drive to Han'a High, Rowen thought back to when they were fighting to save the Earth from the dynasty. Rowen shook his head. Hard to believe that was almost 2 years ago. They were all seventeen now and were leading somewhat normal lives. Ryo was back to playing soccer and was center forward and captain for the Ha'na High Tigers. Sage continues to practice Kendo and was president of the Kendo club. Cye is know as the best swimmer on the swim team and has lead them to two championships. Kento has won several kunfu championships for Han'a High and helps with his family's restaurant somedays after school. Mia was now in her second year of college and is working to become a major literature professor like her grandfather. Yuli, now ten, had been learning Kendo from Sage for a couple of year and was hoping to go to the championship next spring. And Rowen himself is the best archer on the archery team, leading the team to a number of wins. Thou they felt the dynasty was behind them, they felt they needed to be ready just in case, therefor they continued to train daily.

Rowen continued to think about the past until Sage spoke up, "Did you guys know there's gonna be a new kid coming in today?"

Rowen intrest peaked, "Really? Is it a boy or girl?"

Seiji shrugged, "Don't know, but I heard Takenouchi-sensei talking about it to the principal the other day." He parked into the nearest parking space. "But I do know he or she moved from Yamanashi."

'Yamanashi?' Ryo thought for a moment as they walked to their homeroom. 'I think that's the same town I was born in.' He was about to ask Sage more about the new kid when they ran into Cye and Kento in front of homeroom.

"Uh, hey Rowen. How ya feeling?" Kento asked nevously.

The ronin of the sky just put on a grin and walked into the classroom.

Kento and Cye looked at each other in disbelief. "Well, I think that went pretty well don't you think?" Cye asked.

Halo and Wildfire looked at each other and cracked up all over again.

"What are you guys laughing at?" Kento demanded.

"Rowen had that planed for weeks. He had you two completly fooled." Ryo said in between gasps of air.

Kento started to say something but was cut off when the bell rang. The four ronins ran into the room and plopped into their seats just as the teacher walked into the room. Kento turned around to face Rowen and hissed, "I'm gonna get you back for that, blue boy." But he had a smile on while saying that.

Rowen grinned back, "Just try it, hard head."

"Mr. Hashiba, Mr. Rei Faun, is there something you'd like to share with the class?"

No, Takenouchi-sensei," the two boys answered.

"That's good. Then I'll introduce our new student. Kasey, could you please come in here?"

Rowen looked over to the door and his mouth dropped open. Walking in the door was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Ryo's jaw dropped, but not for the same reason. 'Why does she look so famillar?' he thought, trying hard to remember where he could have met her.

"Kasey, could you please tells us about yourself?" Takenouchi-sensei said, giving the girl a warm smile.

"My name is Kasey Meiou. I'm seventeen years old and I just moved from Yamanashi. I played goalie at my old school and I also do gymnastics in my spare time. I am very glad to be here." she said as she bowed to the class.

"Do you have any family, Kasey?"

The girl shook her head. "I'm not sure, ma'am. I was orphaned when I was eight."

Ryo looked at the new girl in disbelief. 'That's weird. I was orphaned at eight too.' All of a sudden his head started to hurt.

"Thank you Kasey. Would you please go sit next to Cye over there?" Takenouchi-sensei look over at Ryo, who was holding his head as if he was in pain. "Ryo, are you feeling alright?" she asked her student, worried eched in her face.

Ryo raised his head a little. "Hai, Takenouchi-sensei. I just have a small headache, that's all. I'll be fine."

The young teacher nodded. She then turned to Kasey, "Kasey, please take your seat so we can begin."

"Yes, ma'am," the young girl said as she walked over and slid into the seat next to Cye.

Cye put his hand out and said, "Hello, Kasey. I'm Cye Mouri. It's nice to meet you."

Kasey smiled and shook Cye's hand. "It's nice to meet you too, Cye. Do you mind if I asked you something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"The guy with the wild black hair, he looks familliar. Who is he?" she asked, nodding her head towards.

"Oh, that's one of my best friends, Ryo Sanada." Cye said, smiling.

She raised a eyebrow slightly 'Then were they right?' Kasey thought. 'It that really him?' She continued to look at Ryo. "He seems really nice....."

Cye nodded. "Hai, Ryo's a great guy. I'll intoduce you to him and my other friends after class." He smiled at Kasey before looking foreward to listen to the day's lesson.

Kasey took another look at the raven hair boy on the other side of the room before, she too, started to pay attention to Tankenouchi-sensei. But her mind kept going back to Ryo. 'Could that really be...' Kasey thought. She then looked over at Rowen, and noticed that he was staring at her. Rowen turned away, blushing. Kasey blushed slightly also. 'That guy's really cute. Wish I wasn't destined to be with someone else though.' she sighed softly, looking dejected. She turned to look back at the board, when she stopped. Kasey frowned. 'What the....'

Rowen turned to look at the beautiful girl again. He was startled when he saw her frowning. 'I wonder what she upset about.'

"Mr. Hashiba, are you listening?" Rowen looked and saw Takenouchi-sensei frowning at him.

"Um, yes ma'am," Rowen stammered. The other Ronins tried to surpress a laugh. The bearer of Strata glared at them.

Takenouchi-sensei glared at her student, "Well then Rowen, if you were listening, maybe you answer a question. What is the average lifespan of the butterfly?"

"Uh, the average lifespan of the butterfly is..." Just then the bell rang. Rowen sighed. Saved by the bell.

Takenouchi-sensei shook her head, smiling. "Class, we will continue this tomorrow. You are dismissed."

As everyone got ready to go, Cye turned to Kasey, "Come on, let me introduce you to the guys." Kasey nodded as she stood up and let Cye lead her to the others. "Hey guys, there's someone I want you to meet."

The guys turned to look at Cye. "Who is it?" Kento asked, shoving a sandwich in his mouth.

"Kasey, the guy stuffing his face is Kento Rei Faun," Cye took Kento's lunch bag from him, "Save it, Kento."

"Awww," Kento whined. Kasey bit her lip to keep from laughing.

"The one with the perfect hair is Sage Date," Cye continued. Sage said nothing, but he did give Cye a glare. "The one standing next to Sage is Rowen Hashiba." Kasey gave Rowen a smile. Rowen blushed. "And you already know who Ryo is, since I told you earlier."

Kasey stepped foreward as she held her hand out to Ryo. "It's nice to meet you all."

Ryo put his hand into hers, and as soon as they touch something happened to both of them. For Ryo, pieces of his life were coming back to him, since getting amnesia seven years before. The shock of what was happening became too much for Ryo, and he quickly pulled his hand away. His eyes were wide as he stared at Kasey. "What the....."

Before anyone could say anything, a big blast was heard. They all ran out and saw a big hole that use to be the entrance to the school. "What the hell happen here?" Sage yelled.

A menence laugh answered him, "What you don't know can kill you, Halo."

Kasey's head snapped over to Sage. 'Halo?!? No, it couldn't be!!'

Ryo looked over to Kasey, "Kasey, get out of here!"

Kasey was about to protest, but thought better of it and did as she was told. Ryo turned towards the voice. "Who are you? What do you want?"

"Like I told Sage of the Halo, what you don't know can kill you, Ryo of the Wildfire." Coming out of the dust from the explosion, were six people dress in dark purple, black and blue, red and yellow, dark blue, black and silver, and blood red armor. Five pairs of eyes widened. New warlords? This couldn't be happening. "It's time to have a little fun, Ronin welps." the one in blood red armor said, a evil grin on her face.

Kasey looked from behind the wall, fists clenched. "Damn it Anubis, you told me they weren't coming till later. Remind me not to listen to him anymore, Dais."

Anubis leaned against the lockers, "I was sure they wouldn't be here for another week."

Cale smirked, "We just have to remember not to listen to a dead guy anymore." Anubis glared at him.

Sekhmet slapped Cale over the head, "You know he's not dead anymore, doofus."

Cale was about to hit Sekhmet back, but Kayura stopped him, "That enough boys. The Ronins need our help."

Dais nodded, "That's right. Kasey, are you ready?"

"Not really, but I don't have much of a choice, do I?"

"Then suit up."

Kasey took out her orb, which had the kanji "Balance" on it, and yelled, "Armor of the Blaze, Tao HAKARU!"

"I suggest you suit up, even though you don't stand a chance with me." the warlord in red and yellow bragged.

"Oh come off it, Phoenix. You have got such a big head!" the one in dark purple retorted, rolling her eyes.

"I think we better suit up, just in case." Cye wispered to Ryo.

Ryo nodded. "Guys, lets do it! TO ARMS!!" As soon as they were in their sub armor, they called upon their full armor:

"ARMOR OF HARDROCK!"

"ARMOR OF TORRENT!"

"ARMOR OF STRATA!"

"ARMOR OF HALO!"

"ARMOR OF THE WILDFIRE!"

"TAO JIN!"

As flower petals dropped from the sky and the warriors, their armor started appearing. Soon they were fully armored and had their weapons: Kento with his dual-tipped spear, Cye with his trident, Rowen and his bow and arrow, Sage and his long sword, and Ryo with his twin katanas. "Now I'm going to ask you again," Ryo said in a deadly soft voice, twirling his katanas around, "Who are you, and what do you want?"

The leader pulled out her scorching swords, "Very well, even though it will not help you. My name is Kalika. I am the leader of the new warlords and I am the Warlord of War."

The warlord in black and silver pulled out his katana, "I am Blade, Warlord of Lighting. I am your evil counterpart, Sage of Halo." he said, grinning evily at Sage. Sage growled.

"I am Ariel, Warlord of Devastation," the warlord in dark blue said, spinning her staff over her head. "I am your evil counterpart Cye of the Torrent," she said winking. Cye cringed.

"I am Phoenix, Warlord of Firestorm. I am you evil counterpart, Ryo of the Wildfire. And with my mighty Battle Axe, I can destory you all by myself." Phoenix boasted. Ryo rolled his eyes.

"I am your evil counterpart Rowen of Strata," the man in black and blue armor as he swung his lance around. "I am Lance, Warlord of Cyclone, and I will protect my leader if it mean giving up my life!" Rowen looked at him like he had some screws loose.

"Get a life," the girl in dark purple said under her breath. She swung out her sword and pointed it at Kento. "I am Hannah, Warlord of Rainbow. I am your evil counterpart, Kento of Hardrock, and don't think I'll go easy on you, because I won't." Kento aimed his spear at her, waiting for the fight to began.

"Now that we are better aquainted," Kalika said aiming her sword towards Ryo, "it is time for you to...."

"Hold it!"

Kalika narrowed her eyes. She knew who that voice belonged to. "This is none of your concern Kayura!" The ronins look at each other in disbelief. It was the reformed warlords!

"But six against five?" Cale asked, tisking. "Now isn't that a bit unfair, little brother?" Cale looked at Blade.

Blade gave him a dirty look. "Stay out of this, traitor. And you are no brother of mine."

"Helping the enemy, Dais?" Ariel sneered.

"You are the enemy now Ariel, not them, and I suggest you bite your tounge. You are not even a worthy opponent for me to fight." Ariel growled, pointing her staff at the white hair man.

"Sekhmet, out of all you losers, I would have though you would have stayed with the dyansty." Lance said.

"Well, luckly for me I grew a brain, unlike you." Lance started to advance twords him, but Hannah stopped him.

"Down, Lance, you'll get you chance later." Hannah told him, giving Sekhmet a glare.

"Anubis, I thought you were dead." Phoenix said. "Who in their right mind would want to bring you back?" He laughed. Anubis narrowed his eyes. "And you call ten to six even?"

"Who said we were going to fight?" Anubis said, smirking.

"What are you saying?" Kalika said, raising a eyebrow.

"They mean I'm going to fight you! And prepare to be defeated Warlords!" The Ronins and the Warlords looked up to see a girl in bright yellow armor with braided raven black hair swishing in the wind and a sword swinging back and forth in her hand, standing on top of the pile of the now destoryed school hallway. Her face was covered by her helmet. "I suggest you back down Kalika, if you know what's good for you."

"How do you know who I am?"

The girl jumped off of the debre. "I know who my enemy is. Especially if that enemy is my evil counterpart."

Kalika's eyes narrowed. "That would mean..."

The girl crossed her arms. "That's right. I'm the Ronin Warrior of the Blaze!"

The male Ronins looked at each other in shock. Another Ronin Warrior?

(So, what do you think? How do you like it? Email me praises or flames at kasey_sanada@hotmail.com and tell me what you think. I don't care. I just want feedback!!)

Chapter 1 written in 1999

Chapter 1 revised on September 5, 2002