Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Power of One ❯ Ryo Remembers His Past and the New Ronin Warrior is Revealed ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(I don't in anyway own the Ronin Warriors in anyway. The people who do own them, you know who you are, so please, don't sue me.)

The Power of One

by Kasey Sanada

Chapter 2: Ryo Remembers His Past and the New Ronin Warrior is Revealed.

Without looking at the guys, Kasey said bluntly, "I suggest you stay out of this. This is my fight."

The five Ronin Warriors stared at the girl in front of them. Who was she, and what made her think that she could fight by herself?

Kasey continued to look at Kalika, "I'm going to give you a choice, Kalika. You and your other Warlords can leave peacefully, or I can seriously hurt your prides. It's your choice."

Kalika growled. NO ONE tells her what to do. "Blade, Ariel, attack her!"

Blade and Ariel attacked Kasey on both sides, but at the last second, Kasey did a split, making Blade cut Ariel with his katana and Ariel hitting Blade with her staff. "Ow!" Ariel cried. She glared at Blade, "Watch where you... Ahhh!" She was cut off when Kasey hit her in the stomach with her foot which sent her flying into the wall.

"Ariel!" Blade cried out. Blade's eyes narrowed. "You bitch! You'll pay for that."

Kasey brought her feet together and kicked herself up. She brought one of her legs up, which connected with Blade's face. Blade went flying in the air and landed next to Ariel. Kasey brought her leg down, "Sorry, can't afford it. Okay, who's next?" She looked at Hannah and Phoenix. "How about you two,?"

Phoenix and Hannah looked at each other and nodded. They raised their weapons and charged towards Kasey. Kasey raised her Blaze Katana just in time to connect with Hannah's Rainbow Sword. Kasey quickly swung it around in time to meet Phoenix's Battle Axe. Kasey grabbed the back of Phoenix's neck. "Why don't you and Hannah go help your friends over there?" she asked Phoenix as she threw him into Hannah and both of them crashed into Ariel and Blade who were just getting up.

Lance growled and pulled out his sais. "You shall pay for making my comrads look like fools!"

"Yeah, yeah. I hear you talking but I don't see you doing anything Lance." Kasey's and Lance's weapons connected. "Is that the best you've got, Aleksei?" Lance's eyes narrowed. How the hell did she know his name?

Ryo and the others gaped as they watched the new ronin fight with Lance. Sage turned to Cale and asked, "Who is this girl? She's taking these guys down without even breaking a sweat!"

"Like you, Halo, she too is a Ronin Warrior. Duck." Sage and Cale duck as Lance flew over their heads and slammed into the wall.

"Five down, one to go." Kasey turned around to face Kalika. "Now, Kalika, I'm going to ask you again. You can leave with your flunkies, or I can kick your ass, and THEN you can leave. You're choice."

"You bitch!" Kalika screams. "You will PAY for this!!" She pull out her scorching swords and began to twirl them on both sides of her and a glowing red surrounded them. "SOLAR FLARE STRIKE!!" Bright beams of red light screamed towards Kasey.

Ryo was about to move to save her, but a hand stopped him. He turned and saw Anubis. "Watch." Anubis said softly.

Kasey held her saber in front of her. "Fine have it your way." She turned her katana sideways and swung it to the right. "SUN..." She swung it to the left. "BEAM..." She brought it straight up in front of her and putting two fingers on the blade, shoved it in front of her. "SMASH!!" Bright yellow light came out of the blade and raced foreward. The two beams collided and fought to gain control for a moment before the kanji sign "Hakaru" appeared on Kasey's forehead, giving her a boost and sher beam slamming into Kalika full force.

Kalika screamed as the yellow light hit her. It HURT! "We'll be back, Ronin bitch!!" she yelled before disappearing. The others soon followed.

Kasey brought her sword back and slipped it back into its holder on her back. She turned to the guys and Kayura. "Well. I'll be seeing ya."

Ryo stepped foreward as she turned around. "Wait!"

Kasey turned her head around. "Yes?"

"Who are you?"

Kasey just chuckled and turned back around. "You'll know soon enough." With that she jumped over the debre and disapeared.

Rowen stared in amazment. That girl was amazing!

"Wow!" Kento exclaimed. "Who was that girl? She was awesome!"

"She was indeed," Cye agreed.

Ryo turned to the warlords. "She seemed to know you guys. Who is she?"

Kayura stepped foreward. "We can't say much about her yet, but she is a Ronin Warrior like you."

"When can we..." Ryo began but a yell interruped him.

"Somebody help me!!"

Cye regonized that voice, "That sounds like Kasey!" They all changed out of their armor.

"We best be on our way. We will visit you later tonight." Kayura said before they disapeared.

Ryo and the others ran towards the voice. When they turned the corner they found Kasey's legs under some wood beams. Kasey looked up and saw them. "Oh good, I didn't think anyone would find me."

"Kasey, what happened?" Rowen asked as they began to move the beams off of her.

Kasey winced as they moved a big beam off of her. "I ran like you guys told me, but these beams fell on top of me." After the guys finally got the rest of the beams off her, Kasey tried to get up, but fell back to the floor, crying out in pain.

Sage knelt down next to her and gently felt her legs and Kasey gasped out in pain. Sage got up and went up to Ryo. "Seems like her legs are broken," he said softly. "I could heal her with Halo, but then she would know about us. We can take her back to the house and have Mia fix her up."

Ryo nodded. "Good idea." He turned back to Kasey. "We're going to take you back to our friend Mia's house and she's going to fix you up, okay?"

Kasey's eyes scrunched thoughtfully, "When you say Mia, do you mean Mia Kouji?"

"Yes, why?"

"Mia Kouji is my guardian until anyone from my family can be located. I was actually suppose to meet her after school."

"Well, we better get going then." Cye said, "Who wants to carry her?"

Kento broke into a grin, "Why don't you do it, Rowen?" The blue haired teenager glared at his friend.

"I don't care who carries me. Just please get me out of here!" Kasey gritted her teeth, pretending to be in pain.

Rowen went over to her and gently pick her up, trying to fight a blush. "Come on, let get her home." The six of them headed back to Mia's place.

"ARRRGGGG!!"

The warlords finched as Kalika threw a vase against a wall. Hannah calmly walked over to broken vase and made it disappear. "Kalika, calm down. It was one fight. We'll get them next time."

Kalika growled, "How do you know, Hannah? You got you ass kick by that Ronin bitch!"

Hannah's eyes narrowed, "Oh, and you didn't? Grow up Susanna."

Kalika walked over and backhanded Hannah, making the younger girl cry out. "Don't you EVER call me that again," she said in a deathly whisper before leaving the room.

Lance walked past Hannah and said, "You had it coming, Hannah." He laughed before he too left.

Blade and Ariel just shrugged at each other and they too left the room.

Phoenix walked up to Hannah and placed a hand on her red cheek. Hannah winced when the cool hand touched her. "You alright, Katarina?"

Hannah look at Phoenix and saw the gentle concern in his eyes, something he showed only to her. She looked down, suddenly uncomfortable. "I'll be fine. Isn't the first time she's slapped me."

"Come sit down." Grabbing a small container, Phoenix led Hannah to a chair and knelt before her and began applying the cooling cream he had made for her with aloe. "Why do you let her do this to you?"

"Why do you act like a hot-headed jackass?" She felt Phoenix flinch as he continued to apply the aloe. Hannah sighed. "I'm sorry Quentin. I shouldn't have said that."

Phoenix wiped off the extra aloe off his hands and stood up. "It's alright. You're just upset that Lance laughed at you." Just thinking about it made Phoenix tense. 'What does she see in that arrogant bastard?'

Hannah groaned, "Please don't remind me." She put her face in her hands, "Arrgh, out of all the men in the dynasty, why did I have to fall in love with Aleksei?"

Phoenix stroked her hair softly. "Don't worry, its probably only puppy love. Well, gotta go bug Madison and Akira. Opps, Ariel and Blade, I mean." Phoenix smiled at her before leaving.

"See ya Quentin." She got up and closing her eyes, the kanji "Revenge" appeared on her forehead. "Armor of Rainbow.... TAO KYUUSHUU!" Instantly she was in her dark purple armor. She pull out her sword and growled. "You will pay for humilating me, Ronin. And I think I'll start with my counterpart, Kento of Hardrock."

Mia finished wrapping Kasey's leg up tight. "How does that feel Kasey?"

"A lot better, thanks Mia." Kasey accepted the crutches Cye handed her and leaned on them. "And thank you for taking me in Mia. You really didn't have to."

Mia smiled. "You don't have to thank me. I was more then happy to do it. I'm going to start dinner now. Yuli should be home from his friend's in a few minutes." She turned and went into the kitchen.

Ryo picked up Kasey's bag. "Come on I'll take you to your room. Do you need any help?"

"Arigato, but I think I can manage," Kasey told him as she made her way towards the staircase.

Kento grinned. "You sure? I'm sure Rowen would be more then glad to carry you up."

"Dammit Rei Faun!" Rowen jumped out of his chair and leaped at Kento.

"Eeep!" Kento moved out of the way of Rowen's hands and ran out of the house. "I'm out of here. See ya!"

Cye and Ryo laughed. Sage chuckled. Rowen growled and went into the library, slamming the door behind him.

Ryo shook his head, smiling. "Come on Kasey."

"Are they always like this?" Kasey asked as they went into her room.

"Nah. It's just one of those days I guess." Ryo opened Kasey's bag to help her unpack and noticed a picture of a boy who looked about seven that was ripped down the center. "Who's this?" he asked, picking it up.

Kasey paled at what he was talking about. "That's a picture of my brother. It's the only thing I have left of my past," she said softly.

Ryo kept his back towards her. "What happened to your parents?" he asked, still looking at the picture. 'He looks like me....'

Kasey sat on her bed, tears coming to her eyes. "My mother died when I was still a baby, and my father was killed...."

"...during a photo shoot in the mountains." Ryo finished, suddenly remembering.

The young girl's head snapped up. "Nani..."

Ryo turned around and Kasey saw tears forming in his eyes. Ryo went over and knelt down in front of her. "I didn't at first. To tell the truth, I didn't remember a lot about my past. I've had amneisa since hitting my head when I was younger, but I've been getting bits and pieces back over the years. Since meeting you though, I've been remembering a lot."

Kasey blinked. "Ryo, what are you saying?" 'Please let him remember!' she pleaded sliently.

Ryo chuckled and wrapped his arms around Kasey. "I'm saying I remember everything... baby sister."

Tears started flowing down Kasey's face. "Ryo!" she cried, wrapping her arms around her brother. "I didn't think I'd ever find you!"

Ryo gently rocked her back and forth. "It's ok, Kay-chan. I'm never going to leave you again."

Kento stopped running by dock on the edge of the lake. He put his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. "Damn, I've got to stop pissing off Rowen or else I'm going to kill myself."

"That's too bad. I was soooo hoping to do the job myself."

Kento spun around at the voice. "Who's there?" he demanded.

A evil laugh answered him as a girl in dark purple armor came out of the shadows. "What, have you forgotten me already, Hardrock?" she asked, pouting.

Kento growled, "Hannah, what do you want?"

Hannah smirked, "So you do remember me. Well, it wouldn't have mattered to me anyway. Prepare to die." With that she lunged at him with her sword.

Kento rolled out of the way and called up his subarmor. "Like I suspected. Warlords never did play fair. ARMOR OF HARDROCK, TAO GI!!" Sakura petals fell and landed on Kento, making his armor appear. Kento pulled out his dual-tipped spear. "So, Hannah, prepared to get your ass kicked."

"That would be the other way around." Hannah hissed as their weapons clashed.

Cye looked at Kasey, then back at Ryo. "Wow, so Kasey is really your twin sister?"

Yuli grinned, "That is so cool, Oniichan!"

Ryo nodded, a smile on his face. "I didn't start remembering until today."

Sage nodded. "That's where the headache came in. You were remembering things."

Rowen rested his chin in his hand. "Makes sense, after all you two do like a lot alike. I'm surprised we didn't notice it." He looked over at Mia. "Mia, what are you doing?"

Mia looked up from her computer. "I'm trying to decode more of my grandfather's messages." She sighed loudly. "I'm not getting anywhere though."

"Would you mind if I try?" Kasey spoke up. "I've always been good at decoding things."

Mia passed the labtop over to Kasey. "Sure. I'm not getting anywhere with it." Kasey took it and began to try and decode the messages. Just then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" Yuli cried as he jumped up and ran to the door. He opened the door and was surprised at who was there.

"Who's there Yuli?" Cye asked, coming up behind him.

"It's Lady Kayura! And Cale, Dais, Sekhmet, and Anubis!" Kasey's eyes flickered up before continuing to try and uncode the messages.

Anubis stepped foreward, "Hello there Yuli. Nice to see you again."

"I thought you were dead!"

"He was. Kayura brought him back with the staff." Sekhmet explained to Yuli.

"Come on in guys. I'll introduce you to someone." Cye led Kayura and the ex-Warlords into the living room and they were surprised to see Kasey. "Guys, this is Kasey Sanada, Ryo's twin sister. Kasey, these are some friends of ours, Kayura, Anubis, Sekhmet, Cale and Dais."

Kasey smiled. "Hello." She turned back to the screen. "Hey Mia! I think I just decoded something!"

Mia went over to her and looked at the screen. "I think you did! Guys, listen to this..."

Life and Balance

Balance and Life

Both find each other

To make things right

Sage leaned back, crossing his arms. "What do you think it means?"

Mia's eyes furrowed, "I'm not sure. I have an idea though."

Ryo looked at Kasey. 'We can't talk about this in front of her.' he sent mentally to the other Ronins. Suddenly Kasey got up.

"Hey guys, I'm going to get some air."

"I'll help you out if you would like." Cale offered.

Kasey smiled. "Thank you Cale-san. I would like that." Cale helped Kasey out into the backyard.

As soon as Cale shut the sliding door, Dais spoke, "Why don't you tell us what you think it means Mia."

Mia went over and sat next to Ryo. "Well, think about it. Life and Balance. The guys told me about seeing another Ronin Warrior. Maybe Life and Balance are vitures."

"Maybe that's it." Cye said. "After all, Rowen's viture is Life. Maybe Balance could be the new Ronin's."

Just then a yell of pain could be heard from outside. "Kento!"

Kasey hobbled over to the swinging chair that was set in the back and sat down. Cale sat down next to her and began to swing the chair with his foot. He looked at Kasey and said, "You did very good for your first fight. We're all very proud of you, Kasey."

Kasey frowned, "Yeah, well I almost didn't win. Kalika almost overpowered me."

"Well, all that matters is that you won and you all get to see another day." Cale stated. He smiled, "So, are you Kasey Meiou, or Kasey Sanada again?"

This time the girl broke into a smile. "Kasey Sanada. It feels so good to hear that again, Cale."

"How did he react when you told him you were his sister?"

"I didn't tell him." Cale looked at her surprised. Kasey grinned. "He pretty much remembered everything after he saw me at the school. I'm surprised it took him as long as it did, after all we are twins."

Cale's eyes furrowed, "Does he..."

"...know I'm the Ronin Warrior of the Blaze?" Kasey finished for him and frowned. "No, not yet. Not till you guys tell me it's ok to tell them."

Cale chuckled. "At least something stuck in that brain of yours."

Kasey punched Cale in the shoulder. "Very funny." Just then she heard a yell. Her eyes narrowed.

"What's wrong?" Cale asked.

"I just heard Kento. I think he's in trouble."

Cale stood up. "Could it be a Warlord?"

Kasey growled. "I know it's a Warlord. I bet it's Hannah too, after all she is Kento's counterpart."

The door swung open and Ryo and the others ran out. He turned to his sister. "Kasey, stay here. It might be dangerous."

"I'll stay here with her." Cale offered.

Ryo nodded. He turned to his friends and the ex-Warlords. "Come on!" They all ran towards where Kento was.

Kasey began to take off the bandages on her legs. "If they think I'm going to stay here, they've got another thing coming."

Kento cried out as Hannah's sword went though his right shoulder. He dropped to the ground as he gritted his teeth in pain. "This isn't over yet."

Hannah chuckled evily. "Oh, I think it's quite over." She pulled her sword out, making Kento grunt in pain. Raising the sword over her head, she said, "Goodbye, Kento of Hardrock."

"Get away from him!"

Hannah didn't move. "So nice of you to join us, Ryo of the Wildfire. I see you brought your friends, Sage of Halo, Cye of the Torrent, Rowen of Strata and those sorry excuse of Warlords. You're just in time to see your friend Hardrock die."

Rowen aimed his arrow at the female Warlord. "Get away from him, Hannah."

"Or what? No! You will pay for making the dynasty look like fools! And Hardrock will be the first to pay!" Hannah cried.

"You're just pissed that you couldn't please your sister again, right Katarina?"

Hannah growled. "Who said that?"

A figure came out of the shadows. The guys gasped when they saw who it was. "Kasey get out of here!" Rowen cried.

Kasey said nothing as she continued to glared at Hannah. "I suggest you back down, Warlord, if you know what's good for you."

"How did you know I'm a Warlord?" Hannah demanded.

Kasey looked over at the Kayura and the ex-Warlords. They all nodded. She reached into her pocket and tossed something into the air before catching it and showing everyone her orb. Ryo, Sage, Cye, Rowen, and Kento's eyes widened. That meant...

"Why don't I just show you. TO ARMS!" In a flash of yellow light, Kasey's subarmor appeared. Then she moved her hands in a fashion much like Ryo's. "ARMOR OF THE BLAZE, TAO HAKARU!"

The guys watched in disbelief as Sakura petals fell from the sky, touching Kasey and watched as pieces of armor appeared on her. A bunch of petals fell into her hand and changed into a helmet. She placed it on her head and the face shield came up. Kasey pulled out her Blaze Katana and twirled it in her hand. On her shoulders was her symbol, a yellow sun incased in black, which was also on the handle of her sword. Her waist length raven black hair swished in the wind and her tiger blue eyes blazed with hatred as she stared at Hannah.

Without turning, she said, "Cye, Rowen, get Kento out of the way and have Sage heal his shoulder."

"Kasey..." Ryo began, not believing what he was seeing.

The teenage girl growled, "Don't argue with me. Just do it now!"

The boys said nothing as they moved Kento from between the two girl warriors. Hannah smirked as she raised her sword, "So, you really think you can beat me, Ronin?"

Kasey raised her own sword as she prepared for battle. "I did it before, Warlord, and I'm going to do it again."

Kasey: I am so glad I'm going over these chapters! I can't believe how many mistakes there are. Please email me at kasey_sanada@hotmail.com and tell me what you think of my revisions! Ja ne minna-chan!

Chapter 2 completed in 1999

Chapter 2 revised on September 6, 2002