Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ 101 RanmaxAkane Themes ❯ Theme 1 - Obligation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Theme 1 - Obligation
 
It began with an obligation.
 
He was the heir to the dojo, and could become so only by marrying one of the daughters. So she became his fiancée, not through their mutual consent, but rather through their fathers' arrangement.
 
He did not even like her after the incident on the first day they met. It was her fault, and yet he was the one who had to apologize, only to be insulted and called names by her. He was protecting her only out of decorum. She was a tomboy, macho, uncute, and shapeless. Still, she was a girl. Besides, he and his father were freeloading in her house, and her father would not let him forget it if something happened to her while he sat watching.
 
She told him about the man he liked, and he saw her anguish over her unrequited love. He wasn't the one she ran into, crying—yet.
 
He did not know when he really sincerely wanted to take care of her, to see her smile always and never her tears. And before he knew it, he felt a tinge of jealousy every time she was being amicable to other guys with an affection towards her.
 
She was always helping him, even after he had made her mad.
 
He thought about the troubles and the misunderstandings they had gone through, which only brought them closer together.
 
And allowed her to be by his side now.
 
Everything was worth it.