Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ 101 RanmaxAkane Themes ❯ Theme 2 - Wound ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Theme 2 - Wound
 
“Stop moving.” She was not yelling, but he felt an edge to her voice and knew he had tried her patience.
 
“It itches,” he retorted, but tried his best to keep from wriggling. He was lying shirtless on his stomach at the balcony. On his back was another wound from another of his inevitable daily battles. This one turned out to be deep enough, and the scar would probably last for some time.
 
Now that he was still, Akane became nervous. Her right hand was shaking, the same hand that was holding a cotton bud, which had been dipped in the alcohol solution she had gotten from Dr. Tofu. Except for during martial-arts practice sessions, she was never good with her hands, and she was afraid the alcohol would hit the wrong spot and gave him a very bad pain.
 
She felt bad only because he earned the wound after making himself a shield over her. To protect her. For the… who knows how many times he had done that, that egomaniac insensitive jerk.
 
With sweats dripping down her forehead, she squinted as she carefully placed the cotton bud just a millimeter next to the outline of the wound. She felt him flinch, but he didn't say anything. Suddenly she realized that his body was trembling. Surreptitiously she bent forward and took a look at his face. He was so nervous he didn't even notice her movement.
 
Akane had to laugh when she saw his tensioned expression. “Does it hurt, Ranma? Are you scared?” she teased him.

”Of course not.” He looked away, slightly embarrassed.
 
This somehow gave Akane a new level of confidence. Smiling, she lightly picked up the methanol with her left hand. She would treat his wound until it healed completely. It was only right; she owed him this time.