Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ 101 RanmaxAkane Themes ❯ Theme 3 - Wedding ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Theme 3 - Wedding
 
The date had been set. She'd decided she wanted them to get married on the day that marked the two-year anniversary of the day he first joined the household. He didn't mind. They hadn't told anyone yet, thinking it would be better to keep this one quiet and private. The last time certain guests were invited, the ceremony ended before it could even begin and the house was literally turned upside down. Nabiki had to spend a small portion of the money she'd gotten from the guests on the repairing bills.
 
So this time they wanted only their family to be at the ceremony. Their family. His family, her family. Ultimately his parents would become hers, as her father and her sisters would become his.
 
She also decided it was going to be Japanese-style this time. Having recently discovered her late mother's wedding kimono, she wanted to do it in honor of her. The kimono looked as old as it was, and there were stains and holes on a few places. But she insisted, and he relented. She could be too obstinate sometimes in spite of common sense, and he knew better than to try to change her mind.
 
Her hair had grown back now. She decided to keep it long. This time, it was not to emulate Kasumi, but rather to bring out her own girlish charm, the charm she always had but was kept hidden for a long, long time.