Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Nodoka's Lessons ❯ Changes ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Nodoka's Lessons - A Ranma One Half Fanfic
By Michael A. Ivins
 
Ranma, along with his family and friends are the property of Rumiko Takahishi and I use them without permission. I am creating this story mainly for my own amusement and hopefully the entertainment of others. I'm doing it for fun and make no money off it, so please don't sue me.
 
Chapter 7
Changes
 
The following day Ranma, Akane and Nodoka went to visit Toshi at his hotel. When they went into his room they found he was deep in study with books strewn all over the bed. He had returned to his male form. He told them, “I'm researching how to return your libido back to normal levels. Did you have a question for me?”
 
Nodoka told him, “Yes, but first we want to tell you something about your uncle. I know you don't like him because he has always been cold toward you. I think after you hear what he did to Ranma and to me, you'll like him even less.”
 
Quietly he nodded and set his book aside as the two Saotomes gave the condensed versions of their stories. When they were finished he declared, “I'll turn him into a mouse and feed him to my sensei's pet snake. He's scum and deserves to be punished.”
 
Nodoka shook her head. “I have another idea for his punishment. You were saying you already know how to change the curse template, right?”
 
“Yeah. That's what I meant when I said I'd turn him into a mouse.”
 
“When he died wouldn't that end the curse and turn him his body back into a human?”
 
“Oh, that's right. It would kill the snake. Sensei's had the snake a long time and would be upset if she died.”
 
The Saotome mother asked, “Do you know how to lock a person in cursed form?”
 
“Compared to changing the template, that's easy. What did you have in mind?”
 
She grinned her evil grin. “I was thinking you go ahead and change Genma's curse template to a woman as you planned then lock her in that form.”
 
“Doesn't seem like much of a punishment.”
 
Ranma said, “Trust me, he… she will hate it. It's one thing to try it as an experiment or to do it as an alternate to being a panda, but being stuck that way, it will be a punishment. I was thinking you could leave the boosted libido in place so she will crave being fucked. As macho as he is, as much as he puts women down, he'll hate that too.”
 
“I wonder,” mused Nodoka. “Is there a way the fertility of Genma's female body could be increased so Soun could get her pregnant?”
 
Toshi got up and grabbed a book from the bed. He leafed through it for a moment before coming to a section he remembered. “Yes, this section right here tells how to do that. It's a potion, not a spell, although there is an enchantment on the potion to boost its effectiveness. He would have to drink it while in female form.”
 
The sorcerer paused a moment. “Auntie, remind me never to get you mad at me.”
 
Nodoka inclined her head in a mock bow.
 
The sorcerer bowed his head in return. “Then we will do that. Normally a woman, even as a curse change, has to have at least one period before she is fertile and capable of getting pregnant. Her first period is part of a girl's experience of puberty. The potion will plant an egg in the wall of Genma's uterus right away and bypass the menstrual period. She'll be ready to get pregnant within an hour of drinking the potion.”
 
“Changing the templates won't be that much of a problem but I have to plot out the exact changes and put them in the proper spell language. It would take a few days. I still have to dispose of Happosai's body. I can change Ranma's trigger from water to will power right now.”
 
“Now?”
 
“I told you I already knew how from what I did on myself. Since you already change into a human I can do that right away. I've done this for a few other Jusenkyo victims. An odd effect I've found out about is for people with animal curses. People can learn to change from human to animal at will, but still need hot water to change back to human. I don't know why that is.”
 
A thought occurred to Ranma. “Is there a magic way to change clothes when I change forms?”
 
“There are ways but they all require magical artifacts that I don't have access to right now. What I can do is teach you how to use the magic subspace pocket. After I change your template you won't be using the pocket to store body mass and you can keep a change of clothes there. Then you could change clothes using your chestnut fist speed. Not the best solution, but one that should work for you.”
 
Thinking about it Ranma speculated, “I'd have to find someplace private to change. Shouldn't be too big a problem.”
 
Toshi said, “A word of advice - don't buy any more girl's clothing. What you have now isn't going to fit after I change your template. I could give you only the most approximate measurements for your new body. It's better to wait and get measured after the change.”
 
The sorcerer pulled out a folded piece of stiff fabric and placed it on the floor. As he unfolded it he explained, “Hotels get upset with me when I use my magic chalk to mark up their carpets. This stuff is coated so I can mark it and erase as needed.”
 
When he had marked a spell circle on the fabric Ranma stepped into the middle and let Toshi complete the gaps in the design. The sorcerer then read from a scroll he had made himself. Ranma felt the same kind of tingle that usually came with the change in forms. The sensation continued for a moment then subsided.
 
With his toe the sorcerer erased a portion of the outer circle of the design and said, “You can come out of there now.”
 
When Ranma was out of the circle Toshi used a sponge to wipe the design off. He then told Ranma, “Ok. I've told you what you need to do. Let's see if you can do it.”
 
Ranma stood and pictured his female form and executed the little push of will power that had been described to him. There was the tingle and the look of people and things getting taller around her. Pants that had been drawn tight around his waist now hung loosely on her hips. She flipped her pigtail around and confirmed it was now red.
 
She then pictured her male form and again pushed with her will power. The reverse change worked. The clothing now fit and the pigtail was black.
 
Toshi told Ranma, “You'll want to practice changing until it takes no great concentration.”
 
Ranma agreed to practice. He asked, “Can I talk to you in private for a moment?”
 
Nodoka asked, “What's going on, son.”
 
“I'll tell you later.”
 
The two men stepped into the hall. Ranma said, “I didn't want to talk about this in front of Akane. This about that friend I said I wanted to get their curse template changed. I know that Taro probably likes his curse because of the strength and power it gives him. Plus he can fly in that form and he likes that.”
 
“Did you have someone else in mind?”
 
“I have a friend who fell into the spring of Drowned Piglet. He hates the curse even if he does turn into this really cute little pig. He's gotten hooked up with this lady pig farmer who actually likes his curse. I'd like to offer him the chance to change it to a girl curse.”
 
Toshi was confused. “Why wouldn't you want Akane to know about this?”
 
“When I first found about his curse, I promised Ryoga on my honor that I would never reveal his curse. Not long after that Akane found him and adopted him as her pet and named him P-Chan. He's slept in her bed, watched her change clothes and listened as she told him all of her secrets. He's too shy to try anything with her but she would be furious if she found out about it.”
 
The sorcerer considered this. “You are hoping to get his curse changed without her ever learning that he was her pet?”
 
“Yeah. We could tell her that he just got the girl curse and she need never know he was ever P-Chan.”
 
Thoughtfully, Toshi said, “In a way, it wouldn't even be a lie. Changing into a girl would be new to him.”
 
Ranma said, “I won't lie for him about it, but he could tell Akane he got lost and wandered into Jusenkyo valley. He's done it before.”
 
Looking puzzled, Toshi asked, “How could he get lost in Japan and end up in China? There's a body of water in between.”
 
“He does that kind of thing all the time. There's some people who've said he must spontaneously teleport to other continents. He's been from Japan to America, Europe and Africa all without ever getting on a boat or plane.”
 
“That's an interesting ability.”
 
Ranma shook his head. “For him it's more like a curse. You could only call it an ability if he had control over it. It also runs in the family so his father gets lost too. And before you ask, he's tried compasses and GPS gadgets and they don't work for him.”
 
“Well, that's… different. I can easily change his curse template from pig to girl. I don't know about the direction curse. I don't think I've ever heard of anything like it before.”
 
The young martial artist said, “I'd say for now to concentrate on fixing what you know how to do. His directional curse is rare. I've only ever heard of his family having the condition.”
 
“Ok, I'll put off researching the directional curse until later. Come on, get your Akane and your Mom. Let's go get dinner in the restaurant downstairs.”
 
Ranma got his mother and fiancé and they went downstairs.
 
One week later a small gathering of people was met at small warehouse that Toshi had rented. All of the family had wanted to be there to watch, but Toshi had told that that it was better if only the people being worked on were present. Thus it was that the only people there were Toshi, Ranma, Genma and Ryoga.
 
The rest stood back while Toshi placed a plain mortuary urn in the center of a spell circle on the floor. When she had the urn in place she used her chalk to close the circle. She seated herself and placed talismans on the floor next to her. She used a small butane lighter to light candles around the circle. Finally she hung an amulet around her neck. When all of those preparations were complete she began to chant.
 
None of those watching could recognize even one word of the language being used. As the chanting continued there seemed to be a small cloud of fog or mist that gathered around the urn, obscuring it from view. The mist seemed to have streaks of green, red and blue running through it. The lights in the room dimmed but didn't go out.
 
While they watched there seemed to be an electric discharge come off the urn. The sparks caused a distinct “zapping” sound. After a moment that subsided but the urn began to glow, lighting up the mist cloud with a red radiance. As they watched the mist pulled away from the urn into two separate clouds. One of them had the shape of a man while the other looked decidedly demonic.
 
As the mist condensed until it looked almost solid, the blue haired sorceress held up her amulet and shouted something in the arcane language. The demonic shape stood as though trying to fend off an attack with his hands. When Toshi shouted again there was silent detonation of light and the demonic form of mist seemed to dissipate.
 
The human shape of mist could be recognized as a younger image of Happosai. That figure gave a gentle smile and nodded to the sorcerer in gratitude. Then his form also dissipated but without the explosion of light.
 
Toshi turned to the others and bowed slightly. She picked up a backpack and started to put her paraphenalia into it. She explained what they had just witnessed. “I have banished the demon spirit back to the plane where it came from. It will be unable to return to this plane for at least a century. The human spirit of Happosai has been freed to go on to the afterlife.”
 
She stood up and took a deep breath. “That was a bit tiring. That damn little demon was fighting me.”
 
Ranma said, “If you'll be too tired, maybe you should wait to change templates some other day.”
 
“No, it's not a problem. This part of things doesn't take any time. As long as I'm not trying to make the template look like your birth form there won't be any resistance. Your change will be the easiest because I'm just adding to the existing template.”
 
Ranma walked into the circle and waited for Toshi to complete the circle. He was wearing his usual black pants and red shirt and was barefoot. He had been instructed to be in birth form because the template couldn't be worked on while it was active.
 
Toshi once again seated herself on the floor. She picked up the drawing she had made of Ranma's new female form and gently placed it on the spell circle. She was careful in doing so that she didn't scuff any of the markings.
 
Toshi explained, “I'm doing Ranma first because his is the easiest. He starts out with a human template. That's also why I was already able to give him the ability to change at will. After I finish with him I can teach that other technique to you others. Another reason to do Ranma first is that I am using his girl template as the basis for the changes I am making to the templates of you others.”
 
Ryoga nervously asked, “I'm not going to end up looking like Ranma's girl side am I?”
 
The sorceress chuckled. “No, Hibiki-san, you will look like a female version of yourself. I was sure you didn't want to end up looking like Ranma's twin. You should also keep in mind that it will be just the cursed form. You will still look exactly the same after the application of hot water.”
 
She looked around then said, “If there are no more questions, I can begin. Please don't interrupt. For me to do this right for you others, I have to do it right for Ranma.”
 
As the sorceress began her chant the two watchers noticed a change in the drawing. The pencil sketch began to morph into what looked like a pen and ink drawing. Then it took on color to where it looked like a picture in a comic book. While they watched the drawing changed again until it looked like a computer graphic image. The final change in the picture was when it changed to look like a photograph taken against a seamless white background.
 
After that final change the picture floated up until it hovered in the air right where Toshi could look back and forth between Ranma and the picture. The chanting continued. Genma and Ryoga noticed what looked like a ghostly image of Ranma's female form superimposed on his male form. While they watched the figure in the image grew until the top of her head was actually a couple of centimeters higher than his male form. The figure in the image filled out to be more solid and muscular looking.
 
Ranma couldn't see the image but felt the usual tingling of a change in form. He also felt a sensation of heat. There was the curious sensation of an awareness of the shape of his female form inside him. It was almost like he was sensing his female body in addition to his male form. There was an odd feeling of stretching and expansion that was not unpleasant but really weird.
 
When the chanting stopped the image faded as did the sensations Ranma was feeling. Toshi made a sealing gesture then said, “Ok, you can leave the circle. Be careful not to smudge any of the markings or I'll have to erase it and redo it from scratch. As Ranma stepped over the spell circle he felt a sensation as if the air had thickened. It resisted his movement a little, but not enough to stop him.
 
When Ranma was clear of the circle he turned to look back. Toshi told him, “I know you want to check out your new body, but please wait until after I've finished with Ryoga and Genma. The burst of magic that comes with the change could disrupt the spells I've already established. I might have to start all over and that would make it take three times as long.”
 
Ranma watched as Ryoga stepped carefully into the spell circle. He watched as the ceremony was repeated for the Lost Boy. This time he got to watch from the outside. The ghostly image formed of the pig but quickly expanded and stretched to look like a female version of Ryoga. This went faster than it had with Ranma. When Ryoga stepped out of the circle Toshi motioned Genma forward.
 
The only real difference to see for Genma was that the ghost image was larger than the man but shrank down when it changed to human. Nobody noticed an extra spell that was included in the chant.
 
When Genma stepped out of the circle Toshi reached out and with a finger smudged the outer circle of the design. She picked up a child's water pistol and used it to splash Genma and Ryoga. Ranma used his newly learned skill to transform by will power.
 
Toshi told them. “You'll find your balance is off. Your alternate form has a different center of gravity than your birth form. You don't have to listen to me, but I strongly advise you to stay in your alternate form and practice walking and generally moving around. Since you are all martial artists the best way to adjust quickly would be to perform katas that rely on balance.”
 
He paused a moment to let them absorb that. “Keep in mind that I said katas. Sparring with your balance off could result in getting hurt, maybe badly. As you head back home I would advise you to tread carefully as you could easily end up falling down a lot.”
 
He reached into an ice chest and pulled out some plastic bottles. “This is a protein drink that will help you out with the new body.” He handed a bottle to each of the women in the room.
 
A tall stand mirror had been set up and the new girls went to look. Ranma looked much like the drawing she'd seen. She found that she was now two centimeters taller in girl form then boy form. Her clothing was uncomfortable now. It was tight around the chest and through the hips but felt looser around the waist.
 
Ryoga was also taller than her male form but was muscled like a female body builder. Her features now had a more delicate cast to them but were still recognizable as Ryoga. She still had fangs like in her male form. Her hair was now brown instead of black.
Genma's female form was the same height as her male form and she had hair like she had when she had used instant Nyaniichuan powder. She was prettier than before, looking much like her mother as they had seen in the old photo albums. She looked like she was in her mid twenties and was muscled like a fitness model.
 
Ranma eyed her `father' and commented, “You look more like my sister than a parent.”
 
Genma leaned into the mirror and looked at her face. She seemed to be having trouble seeing herself. She leaned her forward and looked over the top of her glasses and realized that she could now see better without the glasses than with them. She took them off and looked at herself in the mirror. She turned an inquisitive look on Toshi.
 
The blue haired girl explained, “While I was adjusting the template I put in that you had perfect eyesight. I couldn't completely change your genetics, so I can't guarantee that your vision won't go bad again. Of course this only works when you are in female form so you shouldn't throw away the glasses.”
 
The elder Saotome nodded.
 
The sorceress turned, “Ryoga, I'm sorry. I wasn't able to find anything in any of my books to cure your directional problems. I did see a mention of your family in one book but it just described the kind of problem the curse causes your family. It didn't even speculate on a cure. I may have to ask around some of the other sorcerers I know about this. I'm afraid that this is beyond my skills.”
 
Ryoga looked depressed (again.) “Well, thanks for trying. I'm just grateful to be rid of the pig.”
 
Ranma joked, “I know Akane's missed P-Chan.”
 
The Lost Girl shrugged. “I guess she'll have to learn to live without him.”
 
Hesitantly Genma asked, “Can I go with you, Ranma?”
 
The redhead turned a pitying look on her currently female father. “You know better than to ask that. After what you did to Mom and what you allowed the freak to do to her, you're lucky she doesn't just kill you (or at least demand you commit seppuku.)”
 
“But she refuses to even talk to me.”
 
Ranma shook her head. “I don't see that changing anytime soon, maybe not ever. She's already filed the divorce papers. You're also lucky she doesn't file criminal charges against you. I'm not sure I should even be talking to you. Mom says I'm too forgiving sometimes.”
 
“If she would just let me explain…”
 
“Just give it up, Pop. I can't imagine what you could say that would get her to forgive you. Maybe you think you can explain your actions, maybe you'll just come up with some kind of lie. I think you should wait at least a month before you try to approach her. A year would probably be better.”
 
“You may be right. Could you at least tell her…?”
 
“No, Pop! I'm not delivering any messages. You could write her a letter, if you think that would do any good. I'd bet she'd burn it before reading, at least if you sent one right now. I'd better get going. Mom and Akane are going to want to know how it went.”
 
Grumpily Genma muttered, “At least that's one thing that went right. The schools are finally joined.”
 
“I don't understand how you can still put so much value on the `schools' after finding out that the founder of those schools was a demon in a human disguise.”
 
“It's been my life. What else can I do?”
 
Ranma just gave a derisive snort then turned to go. She practically fell on her face as she overbalanced. She caught herself on her hands and carefully got up. “Damn boobs are bigger. I was thinking I'd sort of `grow into them' but they grew just as much as the rest of me.”
 
Toshi gave a nervous chuckle. “I wanted to keep things in proportion.”
 
“Oh yeah, some proportion. My boobs are as large compared to this body as they were compared to my old body. I think you just get off on looking at muscular women with big boobs. I'm probably going to have even more guys hitting on me than before.”
 
Ryoga challenged, “Don't lie. You love the attention and you know it.”
 
“If it was just compliments on my looks and requests for dates I might agree with you. Some of the guys are saying all sorts of indecent things and trying to grope.”
 
“Uh… Ranma, you look stronger than most of the guys in your school. I'm pretty sure they'll think twice before they try to grope you. I'm guessing the ones asking you on dates will be a lot more polite now.”
 
Toshi chimed in, “She's right about that. Before you looked like this petite little thing. Sure your build was athletic, but you didn't look strong enough to defend yourself. Now you look as strong as you really are, strong enough to really kick ass.”
 
“I guess we'll see. I'm heading out now.”
 
“I'm still working on that chaos curse, so I will be seeing you. Ryoga, I have a friend who has a car. He'll be coming by to take you back to the farm in about an hour.”
 
Ranma wobbled out the door. Balance was no longer an automatic thing and she had to keep her mind on her walking. She had only gone a block when she saw a man leaning against a lamppost ahead of her. This was a man who was nearly the same height as her current form with black hair in a rather feminine style. He had a muscular build.
 
She walked up to the man and struck a pose. In a sultry tone she said, “Hey, big boy. You look like the kind of guy who knows how to show a girl a good time.” The effect was ruined when Ranma erupted into a fit of giggles.
 
Akane-kun looked quizzically at her. “What's so funny?”
 
“That line doesn't work so good if I'm as tall as you are.”
 
The youngest Tendo shared in the laugh. He looked at the redhead and commented, “I think you're a little taller than my guy form. I'm sure you're taller than your guy form.”
 
“So why are you out here standing on a street corner?”
 
“Waiting for you. Toshi said your balance would be thrown off by the new body so I thought I'd meet you and give you a shoulder to lean on if you need it.”
 
Ranma grinned and said, “Thanks, Akane, that's nice. Oh… wait, wait! I want to say that in a more feminine way.”
 
She took a moment then said, “Thank you, husband. It's really sweet that you were concerned.”
 
“Husband?”
 
“Well, who looks like the husband and who looks like the wife right now?”
 
He looked at her again and laughed. “I see your point. That shirt is really tight on you.”
 
She nodded. “Before my guy clothes were baggy on my girl form. I'm going to have to go shopping.”
 
Akane reached behind the lamppost and pulled out a bag that had the name of a popular women's clothing store on it. “Toshi gave me an approximate set of measurements. The fit may not be perfect, but it should be better than what you have on.”
 
Ranma moved toward her spouse to give him a kiss and he had to catch her when she almost fell on her face. “Whoa, careful there.”
 
“Sorry. My balance is still off and I kind of got used to you being taller than me when I kiss you.”
 
“Try this.” He picked her up and set her on her feet then leaned into her to kiss her thoroughly.
 
Ranma smiled as they broke the kiss. “I think I like you better as a guy. You're much nicer. You seem to dote on me.”
 
“I can't explain it. It's like I can't get angry at you when I'm in this body. Stuff you do that used to annoy me before just doesn't bother me.”
 
“Maybe you're mellowing out.”
 
Akane laughed. “Maybe that's it. Or maybe I'm just growing up.” He put an arm around Ranma's waist and they started off toward the Saotome home. They stopped at an alley where Ranma ducked out of sight to change into the outfit in the bag.
 
As they walked Ranma told Akane, “Toshi gave me a wink before I left. That was to be the signal that he slipped a little extra in the spell. It would be good for a few laughs to see Pop's reaction when she can't change back to a man.”
 
“Serves him right. Personally, with all the bad stuff he did to you and your mom along with all the stuff he stole, he deserves to rot in a prison cell.”
 
Mood turning somber, Ranma replied, “He deserves it, but how much of that stuff can we prove. I think we could prove some of it, but not enough to see that he gets the punishment he really deserves.”
 
“Maybe Nabiki could put some of her resources on investigating him. Considering all of the stuff you've told me about, I don't think she'd have much trouble getting enough to have criminal charges filed.
 
“I'll look forward to that. Although if he's now stuck as a she I'm wondering how we can prove she's the same person.”
 
Akane playfully smacked Ranma's butt. “Now let's get home. We've talked about it and your mom and I want to do naughty things to that new body of yours.”
 
“Oh, sounds good.”
 
“Tomorrow afternoon if you can walk without falling on your face we should go out to get you some clothes to fit your new body.
 
A few days later Ranma came to a park and walked in to find his father in female form sitting on a bench. “Ok Pop, I'm meeting with you like you asked. I need to explain something to you first. I'm sure you know why mom is mad and refuses to talk to you. You say were under Happosai's control and mom isn't willing to accept that as an excuse.”
 
He sighed. “It's said that a hypnotist can't make a person do something against their nature. While that may be true of a human hypnotist, it is a demon with magic powers we're talking about. I believe it is possible for someone to be controlled strongly enough that they will do anything at all. I personally believe you're lying about it, but I also believe in being fair. You could be telling the truth. It is for that reason only that I'm here to talk to right now.”
 
Ranma's face took on a thoughtful expression. “Do you know what I've heard is the worst problem with getting a reputation as a liar? It's that when you do finally tell the truth, nobody believes you.”
 
“You're exaggerating, son. I'm not that bad”
 
“No Pop, that's not an exaggeration. Let me give you an example: `If we were in a building and you told me it was nice out I wouldn't believe it until I could get to a window and look out to see the sun shining.' Now that is an exaggeration. See the difference?”
 
He frowned, “I don't believe you would bother to lie about small stuff like the weather. About big stuff you might tell the truth if you thought it was in your best interest. If you thought lying would keep your skin intact, you'd lie with a completely straight face.”
 
“With that said, what's so important and why are you still a woman?”
 
The tall woman looked depressed. “I needed to talk to someone and right now I'm not sure about talking to the Tendos. I wonder if Toshi did something to me. I'm stuck as a woman.”
 
Ranma frowned on hearing that. “I don't know about that. You can see I'm not stuck and I talked to Ryoga on the phone and he's not stuck. After you and I left the warehouse, Toshi did the spell that lets Ryoga change at will. Bandanna boy seems to be really happy. If he just could stop getting lost he'd have everything he ever wanted. Well, that and maybe getting married to Akari.”
 
“Toshi didn't offer to do the spell to let me change at will.”
 
Ranma's expression was thoughtful. “I wonder why that is. Did anything happen to you Saturday night after you got back to the Tendo place?”
 
“What do you mean, `did something happen?'” Genma's tone made Ranma look at her face. Was that a blush he saw there?
 
“I mean did anything happen that might have locked your curse?”
 
She seemed very reluctant to talk. After a little while she finally said, “When I got back Soun, Nabiki and Kasumi were waiting for me. Nabiki and Kasumi had used boy water and were male at the time. They said they wanted to `try out my new body.'”
 
“Is that all? You were acting like you were embarrassed. Mom and Akane wanted to do the same kind of thing to me. Akane was in male form and mom was female. We were going at it for hours. Akane has incredible stamina when in male form. I guess my new body has just as much stamina because I kept up with him the whole time. We wore poor mom out, though.”
 
Genma protested. “But they took turns on me all night! I don't know why, but at the time I wanted it. ”
 
Ranma considered this for a while. “Why did you ask to talk to me about this?”
 
Frustration was strong in her tone. “I've tried to talk to Toshi but I never seem able to get in touch with him. Your mother is still angry at me and hangs up the phone the moment she recognizes my voice. Soun just dismisses it. I think he likes seeing me stuck as a woman.”
 
“How about Kasumi or Nabiki?”
 
“Neither of them has any sympathy for me. I get the feeling they are enjoying my discomfort with the situation.”

Still trying, Ranma asked, “Have you talked to Dr. Tofu?”
 
“He says that curses are outside of his specialty and that he can find nothing physically wrong with me that might cause it.”
 
The teenaged martial artist looked at his transformed father and said, “I'm not as good at this sort of thing as Cologne was, but maybe I could see something in your ki. Would you mind if I try to read your ki signature?”
 
The older Saotome sighed, “It couldn't hurt.”
 
Ranma nodded then focused his senses. He gently probed into Genma's ki patterns for a few minutes. Finally his eyes widened and he said, “I think you should go get checked out by a doctor.”
 
“I don't feel sick and Dr. Tofu already looked at me.”
 
“Maybe Doc Tofu wasn't looking for the right thing. I was actually thinking you might want to go to a women's doctor.”
 
“Why? What's wrong? Like I said, I don't feel sick.”
 
Ranma shrugged. “If I read it right you shouldn't feel sick for a while. At least not until the morning sickness starts.”
 
“Morning sickness! That's impossible. I can't be pregnant. I'm a man!”
 
“Well so am I but that doesn't mean I can't get pregnant. That body you have now is fully female and fully functional. I'm planning on having at least one baby myself and maybe two.”
 
“What! No son of mine is having a baby!”
 
“Why? Because it's not `manly?' I don't care about that anymore. I'm both a man and a woman and I'm still a good enough martial artist to kick your butt in either of my forms.”
 
“But…”
 
“No! With all the crap you pulled you blew any right to any say in how I live my life. It's even in the divorce agreement with mom. You're lucky I'm even willing to talk to you. I'm still willing to listen to your problems and maybe to help if I can, but I'm not going to take any crap from you.”
 
If Genma had been male he might have started shouting protests, but couldn't bring herself to do that now. “How did your mother react to this idea of yours?”
 
Ranma laughed. “She was surprised at first. Then we almost had to restrain her from getting out the fans and doing her little dance. She's thrilled by the idea of more grandchildren.”
 
“Humph, she would be.”
 
“Why can't you be happy over the idea of more grandchildren?”
 
She turned an angry glare on Ranma. “Right now I'm a little more concerned about what might be happening in here.” She patted her abdomen.

Ranma couldn't suppress a grin. “I'm going to have a brother or sister. That is so cool.”
 
The dark haired woman said sarcastically, “I'm touched by your sympathy.”
 
Ranma now turned his own glare on his currently female father. “When mom found out it was Happosai that made her unable to have more kids and that you even told him what a good idea it was, she wanted to kill you. I think it's sort of poetic justice that you're pregnant now when it was your actions that helped to make mom infertile.”
 
Genma was ready to make her usual protests but could see in Ranma's eyes that it would be useless to do so. Instead she asked, “Can you tell who the father is?”
 
“From the ki traces on the baby's pattern, I'd say Soun. I guess this would count as `joining the schools.' Akane and I getting married don't count because we aren't going to continue the school.”
 
Angry again she demanded, “What do you mean you won't continue the schools?”
 
“Pop, you and Mr. Tendo are the only ones who still care about the Anything Goes School anymore. I won't teach a school of Martial Arts that was founded by that perverted demon. If you still want an heir to the Anything Goes School, then that baby you're carrying is the only way you'll get one.”
 
“Aren't I too old to have a baby?”
 
Ranma rolled his eyes and sighed. “Why are you asking me? I'm not a doctor, I don't know. To me it looks like your female body is younger than your male form. Like I said before you should go see gynecologist. She can check you over to see if you are healthy and young enough to have a baby safely.”
 
Genma wasn't sure what expectations she had going into this meeting with her son. She felt defeated and thought it strange because they hadn't even been in a fight. Trying to get some kind of concession she asked, “Could you talk to your mother, try to persuade her to talk to me?”
 
Ranma nodded. “I'll talk to her. She might be more willing to talk with you in this condition.”
 
Genma gave a grunt to acknowledge that. “How about Toshi?”
 
“I'll talk to him too. Even if he has a way to break the lock on your curse, I doubt he'll agree. It would kill the baby and he probably won't be willing to do that. I'll tell him how you feel, but I can't make promises.”
 
“Do what you can.”
 
Ranma got up from the bench. Before leaving he turned to Genma and said, “Whenever you decide to tell Mr. Tendo, I think he'll like to know his child is a boy. I could tell that about the kid.”
 
As Ranma walked away, Genma looked down at her abdomen. She placed a hand on it and whispered, “A boy.”
 
When Ranma got back to the Saotome home Nodoka and Akane were both inquisitive. “What did Genma want?”
 
Ranma grinned. “She's stuck as a woman and not happy about it. But that's not all. I checked her ki signature. She's pregnant with Soun's baby. Apparently Soun and Akane's sisters decided they would do to pops what you two did to me when we got back from having our curse templates changed.”
 
Akane shuddered and said, “I hope she's a better mother than she was a father.”
 
“I don't know. I told her the Anything Goes School is dead. Neither Akane nor I will follow a school founded by that perverted demon. If Pops wants an heir to the school it will have to be that new baby. I personally hope she will have the sense to teach her son in the new school that Akane and I are creating.”
 
Nodoka snorted, “Genma and sense are two words that have never gone together.”
 
Ranma said thoughtfully, “Being female seems to have mellowed Pops. She wasn't yelling so much and wasn't as demanding.”
 
“Maybe the difference between estrogen and testosterone,” commented Nodoka.
 
The pigtailed young man nodded. “Maybe. I wonder… Since you're divorcing Pops can Soun marry her?”

Akane asked, “Is that even possible? Even if she is a woman now, she's still on record as being male.”
 
With a shrug Ranma said, “In spite of the Family Stone leading him into incest, Soun is still pretty traditional. He's going to want to be married to the woman he knocked up. He's probably going to insist on it.”
 
“You're right about that,” agreed Akane. “I have a hard time seeing how they're going to accomplish that. Even if they could get over the legal obstacles, would Genma even agree to something like that?”
 
Ranma shook his head. “The way she was before, I'd have said `no way.' The way she was acting when I talked to her in the park, I'm not sure.”
 
Akane looked thoughtful as well. “With Kasumi moving in with Dr. Tofu and Nabiki getting an apartment, that would leave daddy alone with Genma. Daddy would either have to start teaching classes again or get a job. Without Nabiki to run things, the money is going to run out pretty fast. Even if he does try teaching again, he may have to sell the house and dojo.”
 
Nodoka squeezed Akane's shoulder. “I know you grew up in that house. The dojo was supposed to be yours and Ranma's to teach in. The house was supposed to be your inheritance.”
 
“It's not like I'm in a hurry for daddy to die and leave it to me. We can start our own dojo somewhere else. The new place should have no trace of Happosai's taint on it.”
 
The other two nodded.
 
Author's Notes: The magic rituals used by Saotome Satoshi are a combination of stuff I remembered from books and movies and stuff I invented.