Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma/Knights of the Old Republic ❯ Renovations ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ranma / Knights of the Old Republic
Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma or related media, characters, etc. Nor do I own Knights of the Old Republic and all related media, characters, etc. I just use them to make a story, that's all.
Chapter 10C
Renovations
< >: Thoughts
**************
The next day…
Koujima sighed as he looked at the large construction droids that began making a medium sized complex on the grounds of his home, near it anyway. The droids were those hidden by the Mandalorians during the final push of the Republic Fleets under Revan's command and their forces were being pushed back. The droids were also capable in melee combat due to their design and hidden defense protocols.

Though they were considered standard construction units by the Republic and in the Known Galaxy, they were technologically more advanced than any of the construction systems on Earth by many centuries. Ranma was lucky that his home's grounds were in the country so he didn't have to worry too much about anybody just coming in...today was a holiday in Nerima and a lot of the people were at the beach and the parks...meaning no one would be here to disturb them.

Nodoka and Ranma had managed to call in the local construction company to send them construction supplies for a medium apartment complex. The reason was to build a place for the Jedi and the Mandalorians to stay and the place would resemble an apartment complex that was near the walls of the Yamatsu estate and could be considered part of the estate itself.

Beside the new complex and behind the grounds were the Jedi who were meditating peacefully while the Mandalorians were busy sharpening themselves in martial exercises of fist combat and sword fighting. Both scenes made Ranma recall well his days in both the Jedi Academy and the camp on Dxun.

Nodoka walked up to her son and spoke.

"Having a trip down memory lane son?"

"Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen other Jedi and Mandalorians." Ranma then smiled as he spotted Shandra and Ukyo chatting, while Shampoo was busy watching both Freyna and Valeena spar, looking at how the Mandalorian women fought.

Ly'sandra was busy in her own right at her own apartment. Thankfully the Zeltron was not all that surprised since she had an idea that sooner or later that after he sent the transmission, he would be gaining reinforcements.

Ranma knew a good number of the people here...pretty much all of them, he then decided to spar with Valeena and see if he still had what it took to face a foe who was Mandalorian. Valeena smiled and agreed as they got into the battle circle made by the other Mandalorians for their training and match.

***
***********

Ukyo was busy speaking to the leader of the Jedi contingent, the silver haired and eyed Shandra.

"So you are Ranma's childhood friend?"

Ukyo nodded as she sipped some tea with the calm and focused Jedi Consular, though she seemed peaceful and very calm, Ukyo knew that she was a tough fighter, just like Ran-chan as she carried her lightsaber near her. Shandra noted her study of her weapon and she smiled.

"I am knowledgeable with a lightsaber and the combat forms with it, but truth be told. I am a Consular, and my specialty is with the Force...your friend Ranma however...is more talented with the lightsaber than I am...being trained by both a Guardian and Weapon Master no less. I am also a musician...as with some of my people on Rindao."

"I see...I knew Ran-chan...uh, I mean...Ranma when we were children, before he was taken by his Jedi teachers to learn. I...didn't like seeing him again, but now, I guess it has been a bit of a challenge being able to make up with him after all those years." Ukyo admitted as she sipped her tea and watched Ranma sparring.

Shandra noted that and nodded. "I know, Ranma spoke of that incident and was very unhappy with the whole thing. I am happy both of you have buried that part of the past behind you. By the way...how do you feel about him?"

Ukyo looked surprised and a flush of color on her cheeks appeared. "What?! Well I am very happy to the fact he didn't become like his father...and well...he's certainly grown up from the last time I saw him. Why do you ask?"

"I can feel the aura of how you feel about him actually...not to mention you are Force Sensitive so it does make sense that one like me or Ranma can sense it. Though since you are his friend...he will not prod into your mind or emotions. Knight Bastila Sunfire was his teacher in some levels of mental shielding, along with Knight Jolee, and Knight Atton. A good deal of the Jedi Masters had a hand in training Ranma...and he is a very exceptional Jedi Knight."

Ukyo wondered if the praise coming from the silver haired and eyed woman had more than just her admiration of Ranma's training. She sighed and wondered what she should do in order to have some time alone with her Ran-chan. She thought it over and then came up with a workable idea since it was time for her to try some new okonomiyaki forms.

As she watched the whole match, she wondered how things were doing with the rest of the people in Furinkan.

***
***********

"Sasuke!!!"

The bumbling ninja appeared in front of Kodachi who was in her normal dress and was looking at a large picture she had managed to 'acquire' from the internet of none other than Kouji in his track and field gear. Apparently Nabiki had used her tech savvy to create a private server for the hottest guys in the schools in Nerima and it became apparent that Kouji was in the top threes...more in the number one spot.

"Yes?"

"I want you to locate Kouji Yamatsu and merely watch him, report to me all you can soon."

"Yes!"

"Oh my Charming Prince...had I not closed my eyes I would have...maybe some other time...when you and I are alone."

Kodachi laughed once more and gave a wet kiss on the picture...imagining her kissing Kouji and doing...<other> things to him.

***
***********

A shudder suddenly shook up Kouji
ma's spine and make him unable to block the incoming blow from Valeena's quarterstaff...clonking him in the head.

"OW!!!"

Valeena gave a surprised and stern look along with a glare and angry phrase.

"Ranma! Why in the Dune Seas of Tatooine did you drop your guard?! I thought my father taught you better than that!"

Ranma shook his head a bit as he got back into combat position and responded with both words and a strike from his staff. "Sorry...for a minute there I could have sworn someone was thinking about doing something to me while saying my name."

***
***********

Elsewhere...in the Tendo Dojo...

Soun was busy reading the newspaper and when he was done...he went to check on his two new guests. Both of whom were still resting but considering what had happened, they were VERY lucky...

Genma had suffered multiple burns, broken bones, lacerations, and some dislocations that by normal standards, he was lucky to be still breathing! That is if one could digest the fact he had slings for both his arms and casts as well on his ribs, thighs and lower legs, along with a cast, half his face had bandages and there were other bandages on his body to cover the burns he suffered. The doctors said that he was not to leave the care of other for two months.

Ranma was luckier, despite having more intense injuries. His right arm was also in both a cast and a sling. He too had been wrapped in bandages and had some casts on certain parts of his body. The doctors said that due to him being younger and stronger, he would be back on his feet in a month and half as long as he would not try fighting for a while.

Both men were being tended to by Kasumi while Nabiki was busy with school work...and Akane was busy at the dojo, trying to get more training on dealing with another chance to beat up Kouji
ma Yamatsu. Never mind the fact that Koujima had just beaten her yet again and had unleashed a far more demonic side to himself…though she was unable to see it.

For Soun, it was a bit discouraging to learn that not only did Kouji
ma Yamatsu beat the master Happosai, who was still furious over Genma and Ranma's failure, but both Genma and Ranma were beaten severely as well. He wondered how they were handling their situation with such a lose to a complete stranger.

Genma was enraged at how easily that teen was able to manhandle him and his son. He wanted to shout to the heavens and to Kami-sama why they could not beat such a guy with their deadly skills. That was when Genma decided to recover first and train Ranma in some...forbidden techniques, the next time his son and Kouji would meet...

<I will make Ranma invincible...and we will see how good you really are Kouji
ma!>

Ranma was in the same mind set as he hated being this helpless. he swore that he would train to finally surpass Kouji and show him the true power of the Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts!

<I will regain my pride and my honor...and you will PAY for all you have done Kouji...I swear it!>

***
***********

Back at the Kuno residence...

The wannabe samurai was busy taking a LONG shower...apparently the trash can Kouji had stuffed him in was recently filled with the refuse of some of the restaurants in the mall and the results was that the samurai stank up to high heaven and the fact that the place of his body where deepest and darkest part of his was the one that got stuffed in there...certainly made the mad kendo practitioner fume like hell.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR THE SACRLIGE TO MY GLORIOUS PERSON KOUJI
MA!! I WILL MAKE YOU SUFFER YOU FOUL CUR!!!"

***
***********

As Ranma finished his sparring, the construction droids were half way done with the work when the Mandalorians decided to unload the rest of their gear. This was Ukyo's chance as she walked up to Ranma and spoke to him.

"Ran-chan..I was hoping you and I could go to my shop and I can treat you to some of the new
recipes I want to try...that is...if you are free today?" Ukyo asked as she was still a bit uneasy since she was looking at her Ran-chan in a more mature way...she began to feel this way ever since being around him again, it was different from the past friendship and it made her both aware of her feminine side and a bit frightened on how to deal with it, having kept that hidden for the past twelve years.

Shampoo was about to come in but her cell phone rang. She had gained some idea on how to use a cell phone recently and knew how to use it, the fact that it used Chinese words made that all the more simple for the young teen. She sighed a bit n disappointment an realized that her Great-Grandmother wanted her over to help in the orders...and they had to train in her people's martial arts to keep in step.

As she put back her cell phone she called Ranma.

"Great Grandmother ask Shampoo to go back to cafe...see you soon Ranma!"

Ranma smiled and waved Shampoo goodbye as the girl got on her bicycle and went off to her work. This was now to Ukyo's advantage as she began to mentally plan her outing with her Ran-chan.

Later...

Kouji
ma accompanied Ukyo to her restaurant and since it was early, the shop didn't have any customers, so that meant that Kouji and Ukyo had the place to themselves. Ukyo went to the kitchen and began to whip up her latest food items in the menu...while Kouji marveled at the shop.

<Wow...Ucchan must have really worked hard to make this place this successful.>

True enough, the shop was articulately clean and well ordered, he had been here before but that was when the shop was filled to the brim. But he then noted that Ukyo was both owner, waitress and staff. It made him realize just how much Ukyo struggled to make ends meet growing up after his idiot father took her family's only source of income.

Shrugging away those bad memories Kouji decided to tidy the place up a bit so as to make it less of a burden for his Ucchan to start her day. Since it was a holiday, business usually picked up well on days such as this one, and since Ukyo was the only one, it would be hard as hell for her to work almost the whole time. The only consensus was on school days, and she had the right to schedule her time. But on holidays...she would be very busy, and would have less time for herself, and that made Kouji sad that she never got the chance to be the normal girl she was, since it was partially his fault to begin with.

Ukyo was nearly finished when she saw her Ran-chan cleaning up her place. She wanted to tell him to stop and let her do it, but the diligent and calm way he did the work stopped her. Like any normal person, Ukyo wished she had help in the shop, but even with her earnings it was still not enough for her to hire others, considering the price of upkeep, buying supplies and the bills. She knew asking for financial aid would be a good thing, namely with Ran-chan's finances, but she had earned her own money for the past twelve years and she didn't love that idea all that much. But to watch her childhood friend helping her made her feel happy and she liked watching him.

The smell of the okonomiyaki reminded her quickly of her duties and she was happy to finish the food early.

"Ran-chan...time to eat."

Kouji
ma/Ranma finished his clean up a bit early and went to eat and smiled as the smell was very much mouth-watering. As the two began to eat, Ranma and Ukyo managed to finally have the time to chat without anyone else getting into the conversation. Ranma told her about his adventures and naturally omitted any parts of the battles he had been in since he didn't plan on letting this privacy be ruined. Ukyo also told him about her life after the yattai cart and what she went through over the years...until reaching the situation they were involved in when they met again.

Ranma wished that nothing would be disrupting this moment as he finally got the chance to help out and learn more about how life had been for Ukyo.

***
***********

Well...he'd better enjoy it...cause the Sith had yet to give up on their search...

In a hidden enclave in the Unknown Regions...

A young human male dressed black robes and armour was deep in meditation...and seemed to be searching desperately for something...several minutes later, he got up and gave a sigh of disappointment.

"Having troubles...apprentice?"

The young man turned and faced his Master...A man with a deep red mark on the front of his face...his deep black hair in dreadlocks and his grey face...added with his near dead eyes added to a very dark picture, along with his dark black robes streaked in red and deep gold Sith characters.

"Yes Master...that...disturbance in the Force...was strong...very strong. I tried to locate it but failed."

"That you did...however...you will still have that chance...come, I have a mission for you."

The apprentice got up and took up his utility belt and walked with his master. In the compound were other students and soldiers, all training in the use of the Force. Many of the students were human, near humans or aliens. The male and female students bickered with one another while reading data-pads and others were being taken to medical...apparently after having taken real combat training on the enclave's testing grounds...this was a place seeped deeply in the Dark Side...

A Sith Academy...

"What is that Mission Master? Whatever it may be I am ready."

"Eager and fiery as always eh? That will be good for now. I want you to go and spy on the Republic...I want you to be my eyes and ears there while the rest of the Council are busy gathering more whelps to fuel the war with the Jedi.


The young man growled.
"Jedi! Nothing but weak wretches who squander their power and the Force!! When can we slay them all Master?! I am getting tired of hiding here in this enclave while they have free reign to rebuild!!!"

"Soon...we still have to clean up that mess due to the interference of the Jedi Order's youngest student."

"It's a shame he is NOT a Sith isn't it...considering who trained him."
The man gave a snort of disgust.

"True...many in the Council wish to turn him to our favor, what better way to wound the traitor and his family than to have the one they adopted and trained be the one to strike them all down. But for now we can do little...but wait. You however will not. We have received reports of more of the Hssiss getting...hungry as of late. I want you to take a few of the sedated ones and locate a good place for them to breed. Let them have their fill while we recover and you gain more data on the state of the Republic."

The man nodded. "As you wish Master Khalus."

As the young apprentice left to do his Master's bidding, the Sith Lord looked on out to the barren and near lifeless planet that the Academy was based on. he thought on the rest of the Sith Empire and his...present fellows in the Empire. The Kiffu Sith Lord ran his hands on his lightsaber and smiled as he recalled how many Republic and Jedi he had killed with this weapon. But enough about memories...he had other matters deal with as he went to the Council to discuss their findings and their plans.

***
***********

Back on Earth...

Kouji took on to helping Ukyo with her restaurant as soon as she opened, saying before that her latest creations were well worth the effort. And his words were proven true as many of the customers were busy munching away. The people were surprised to see Kouji
ma helping out Ukyo...but they didn't mind, certainly not the female customers as Koujima would take their orders to them since Ukyo was busy in the kitchen making new and more delicious okonomiyaki.

Ukyo certainly loved having help in the restaurant and at the rate things were going, the business would be healthy today since it was a holiday.

Much Later...

Ukyo closed down her shop after almost six to seven hours or operation, due to her reaching afternoon time and closing time since she was very tired from all the work she had been doing, but business had really picked up and now most of the people were off to celebrate. She was happy that the down time meant that she could take time off too. She had managed to convince Kouji to meet her at the park for them to celebrate too.

Kouji agreed and went back to his house to change, that meant she had to chance too, and it was time to show her feminine side...though how after nearly twelve years of hiding it was a mystery.

***
***********

Later...

Kouji
ma was waiting on the outer steps of his home for Ukyo when he spotted a young woman who looked slightly familiar to him. She was wearing a sky blue sundress with the straps showing her shoulders well and her long brown hair was well combed, that it caught the setting rays of the sun well. That was when he recognized the attractive girl as Ukyo...making him blush as they walked together to have their own free time in the festival.

Ukyo and Kouji
ma had fun ridding on the boats in the park, eating ice cream, playing with the games on the stands and merely watched the fire-works that came afterwards. Just a pair of regular teens having fun...

Later, Kouji escorted Ukyo back to her shop/house and bid her farewell as he too went home. He then checked his chronometer/calendar once he got home...and smiled as he looked at it.

Two days from now...it was a new anniversary to attend plus a chance to take a vacation with his family and friends.

***
***********

To be Continued...
**************
Author's Notes:
Ah…nothing like a relaxing day after all that now is there?
We'll be getting to the introductions of the Jedi and Mandalorians who are working with Ranma/Koujima soon, but we'll be going back to the Republic for a bit of a vacation. But this time Ranma is not going alone!