Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Layer ❯ Chapter 1 ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Ranma Layer
Chapter 1 - Challenge Accepted
http://ranko.homelinux.net
by Afroplex


Disclaimer - Ranma 1/2, Angelic Layer, and their respective characters are property of their respective owners.



The atmosphere around the Tendo estate was quite. Inside though was a different story, with loud cheering punctuated the sound of an announcer on the television. Nabiki, Ranma and Ryoga were silent as their eyes were mesmerized by the scene unfolded. Ukyo, Akane and Shampoo cheered for their favorite fighers on the screen.

The scene went dead silent, as a bright explosion flared on the screen and disappated. Akane's shoulders slumped, "It's over. No one has been able to come back after taking that."

Inside, a different thought was going through Ranma's head, *Stick with it, the will to go forward is all ya need.* A call went out from Misaki's second, and shortly after the audience. He's arms tensed as the cheering continued, and he mummered under his breath with those in the television audience. "Hikaru...."

He released his breath as Hikaru stumbled to her feet and took a ready stance.

Nabiki smirked seeing her sister's fiance almost willing himself into the television and taking up the fight personally. "Nice fight, eh Ranma?"

He snapped out of it quickly, "Err, ya. It's interesting. I bet though I could do better than them though, afterall, I have training in how to fight for real. Not that I would play with dolls anyhow."

Nabiki caught on the b-word. "Oh really, a bet? How much?"

This caught Ranma off guard. "Hey! I'm not playing with no dol..." He trailed off as the scene on the screen picked up the pace. Athena, the defending champion of Angelic Layer versus Hikaru, the miracle rookie. Everyone's mouths dropped as a scene as beautiful as any they had seen unfolded, literally. Wings, white and strong flared from Hikaru. After diving at Athena, the fight continued into the air. Athena prepared her blast once more...

Ranma smirked, "Its over. Even I wouldn't use an attack twice that failed."

Nabiki glansed over at Ranma questionably, and quickly back to the television. Energy rippled out from the arena as the tumbling duo slammed into the arena floor. Seconds ticked on, till Hikaru appeared through the haze.

"HIKARU WINS!" Blared the announcer.

"Yes!" Akane and Ukyo hugged Ranma, and quickly separated. The pause didn't last long as they continued to cheer.

Ranma smirked and stood, "Well, no since in me sitting around here. I'm heading out for a while."



Two weeks later....

Akane looked around the dojo, the yard, "I could've sworn, Ranma was here an hour ago." Spotting Nabiki's open window, "Hey, Nabiki!"

Nabiki got up from her bed reading her manga. Peering over the sill. "Yes Akane?"

"Have you seen Ranma around? I need him to help me out with something."

Nabiki rubbed her chin, "Hmmm, no I haven't. Last I knew he was in the dojo."

"Where is that baka," Akane growled. "Well, let me know if you find him!" Under her breath, "He's got to be around here someplace."

.....

On the other side of Tokyo, Ranma looked up at the title of the building. "Well, looks like I'm in the right place. Lets see if they can stand up to the best."