Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma's child ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
What if... Ranma and Ryoga were to have a child? (this would probably happen because of the events in "Love Mushrooms. Be careful who you share them with".)

Chapter 1 version 1.4 (can't believe all the spelling errors I had in that last version...)

Ranma held the child in his arms, looking over her features. She already had signs of red hair growing on her head.

'Guess red hair has always been a trait of Saotome women.'

Ranma didn't like to think about the origins of the child, since it was something that pained him too much.

'Love Mushrooms. How can they have had some much control over me? I'm just glad the effects only work when I'm a girl. All I have to do is avoid Ryoga when I'm in my girl mode and I'll be fine. I just wish there was a way to reverse the effects some how.'

The child wined to remind Ranma to pay attention to it.

'I've always thought about having a family, but I wanted to be the father, not the mother... Everyone's been so nice since she was born. I almost hate how they fuse over me.' Looking deep in to his child's eyes, a thought came to him. 'When your grown up, will you know that I am your mother? Will you understand my curse? Will you even think of me as your mother or will you think I'm just your single father?...'

'It's so weird. I feel this... almost impossible connection to you. Other mothers have told me it's normal for women to feel this connection, but why do I still have it when I'm in my male form?'

His child began to cry.

"I guess you must be hungry." He knew this just by the type of crying he heard. When his child needed her diaper changed, the sound was completely different. Sure they were both a bit irritating, but that's life.

"Ranma?" His father stood down on the ground. The look on his face seemed serious.

"Yeah pop?"

"It's time to train..." Even as Genma said this, his serious face was beginning to soften. "If your ready..."

"It'll have to wait. Get me a glass of water."

"Ah... sure. Be right back!"

'Even the old man was being nice for a change. Used to be, we'd train no matter what was happening. Guess there is at least one good side to all this...'

"Here you go boy." Ranma took the cup from Genma and splashed himself. Looking down at her GI, she opened the right side and lifted the child's head up. Ranma-chan had to close her eyes because it made her nervous to breast feed a child.

She thought back to the day she gave birth. Dr. Tofu told her that her girl side would be different for a while after the delivery. Until the child no longer needed milk from her mother, Ranma-chan's body would continue to be able to provide it. The worst thing was she still felt the sensation of having bloated breast even in male form. It was very odd. Thankfully, her male chest was still normal looking.

The tiny mouth sucked as if it hadn't eaten in days. The one thing that Ranma-chan never got over was how much her child could eat.

She looked up at the sky and wondered where Ryoga was. Not that she wanted those feelings when he was around, it was just that this child was his too. He should be here to witness it growing up.

Ranma had a feeling though that Ryoga would start to avoid this place as much as possible from now on. She knew that Ryoga thought he'd betrayed Akane even if he couldn't have stopped it from happening. Those love mushrooms they accidentally eat really did a number on the two of them.

Ranma-chan never felt so luck when she found out those feelings would only activate when she was in female mode. When she was in her male mode, there were no feelings of love for Ryoga. Only the painful memory of doing something that was against her true nature.

Ranma-chan's child was still busy sucking down the milk and didn't seem to notice the thoughts of it's mother. Ranma on the other hand had a hard time ignoring the very powerful mouth of her daughter. It seemed that the child inherited Ryoga's monstrous strength. She hoped that was all the child got from Ryoga.

"Ranma?" Akane's voice called out to her.

"Up here Akane."

"Why are you on the roof?"

"I like it up here. Plus I'm less likely to run into that jerk Ryoga..." Ranma's female heart cried out. It was harder for her to insult Ryoga in female form. Another side effect of those damned mushrooms.

"I still can't get over it. You, pregnant, and breast feeding too."

"Akane, if your here to laugh at me, I'd rather you get it over with quickly and leave."

"Ranma... I know this wasn't your fault. And you know that Dr. Tofu is doing everything in his power to find a cure for those love mushrooms. Until then, take it easy. If we see Ryoga, we'll stop him and warn you."

"Thanks Akane. If it wasn't for the fact that those mushrooms became permanent after sun down that day, we'd be able to cure this a lot easier."

"Yeah... Nothing we can do about that now. But Tofu will do it. He's the best!"

"If anyone can find a cure, it'd be him."

"Can I hold her?" Akane asked, holding her hands out towards the child feeding off Ranma's chest.

"Sure... you'll just have to wait. She's hungrier then usual today." Akane watched as the child feed.

'I wonder what it feels like...' She slumped forward. 'It's not fair that Ranma gets to experience the joys of motherhood before me... She's... he's not even a real woman.'

"What's wrong Akane?"

"Nothing... Nothing at all. I'm just waiting my turn to hold the baby."

"Owe. Owe!" Ranma tried to pull the baby away from her breast. "Damn it, that's another thing she got from her dad. Those fangs really hurt when they dig in."

After the child got a better angle of attack, it went in for more feeding. Ranma was glad that the fangs were no longer tearing into her.

"Guess now I know what kind of hell Ryoga put his mother through." The two girls laughed at the thought. Ranma-chan hadn't laughed like that in a while and almost forgot about the child feeding off her. A bite from the little one's fangs reminded her.

"So Ranma, have you thought up a name?"

"I've been thinking of Ryoko."

"That's a nice name." Ryoko finally stopped feeding and released Ranma-chan's some what sore breast from her grip.

"Oh... That feels better..." Ranma-chan massaged the pain out as best as she could. "Here you go Akane. I'm gonna take a hot bath now if you can watch her?"

"Sure Ranma. I'd love to watch her!" She accepted the small squirming bundle into her arms.

Ranma entered the furo and dropped himself into the large heated tub. She felt her breast melt away and all the feelings she didn't want went with them. Now a man again, he stayed in the tub and let the heat carry away the stress. Being female reminded him that he was far from being the man he wanted to be.

In some ways, Ryoko forced him to look at his female side in a new light. Before, being female was like looking at himself through a fun house mirror. The image changed, but it was still male not matter what it looked like to others.

After several minutes of soaking, he finally got out and dried off. Quietly, he walked outside and looked up at Akane. She was holding Ryoko in her arms, gently rocking the child to sleep. The way Akane took care of the child made Ranma think how perfect she would be as a mother.

'If only that child was Akane's. Of course then I'd have to kill Ryoga for sleeping with my fiancée, but it'd still be better then this reality.' He felt a sting in his gut. 'No, can't blame Ryoko for all this. Heck, I can't even blame Ryoga for this. Worst still, there really isn't anyone that I can really blame.'

'I want so much to be angry at someone... but I can't. I just can't feel angry at all. Not when I look into Ryoko's eyes and see something that wonderful...'

"Ranma? Can you give me a hand in here?" Kasumi's voice called out.

"Be right there Kasumi." he turned and headed towards the kitchen. 'Wonder what's up? Kasumi doesn't usually ask for help unless she has something to tell them."

"Thank you for your help Ranma."

"No problem Kasumi."

"Could you keep stirring this while I wash the vegetables?"

"Sure..." He took the spoon and began to stir the odd creation of Kasumi's. It smelled good, but he couldn't figure out what it was.

"Ranma. I was wondering something."

"What's that Kasumi?"

"Are you planning on training your daughter in the martial arts?"

"I don't know. Haven't given it much thought."

"Ranma, be honest with me please." Ranma froze.

'How does she do it...' he swallowed hard before proceeding. "Yes, I am."

"And you will teach her the same way your father taught you?"

"Mostly, yes." Ranma wondered for a moment. 'though I think I'll leave out the Jusenkyo visit and the cat-fu training...'

"When will you be leaving?"

"I've decided to go as soon as she can walk on her own."

"This will interfere with your marriage with Akane you know."

"I do."

"I'll help you speak to father when your ready."

"Thank you Kasumi." The conversation was over, but something nagged at him, "Kasumi, what is this that I'm stirring? I've never seen it before."

"That? It's a group stew from my cooking club. Every week, someone else gets to take the recipe home and it's their job to add something to it and make it taste even better. It's a lot like life. You never know what will be thrown in to the mix. All you can do is hope what you throw back makes it better."

"Cool. Can we taste it later?"

"Certainly."

Ranma headed back to the roof to find Akane looking a little worried. Ryoko was crying again and Ranma's instincts kicked in.

"Sounds like a dirty diaper. Here Akane, I can take it from here."

The changing was a simple matter. Soon Ryoko was smiling again.

"How'd you know that?"

"I just know her sounds. I'm not even sure how, I just do. Ryoko sounds very different when she's hungry then when she needs a new diaper."

"Wow... I never knew..." Akane felt even worse. 'Is this normal? Can all mothers tell what their child needs like that?'

Their time on the roof was quiet for a little while. Soon Kasumi called them down for supper.

______________________________

Dinner was wonderful as always. Even the part that Akane helped out with tasted good. Of course, eating was still reminding her of the pregnancy. She'd never felt such strange hungers before. One day she'd crave pickles. The next day it was for a Big Mac topped with a fried egg. She even recalled wanting to eat an onion as if it were an apple.

Still she'd enjoyed tonight's dinner as much as she always did.

'Pregnancy... I've been used to getting up early since before I can remember. The only difference was instead of working out, the first thing I would have to do is run to the bathroom and puke out anything that wasn't already digested and moved out my stomach. I remember though that I wasn't alone. Someone's hand was always on my back, telling me I'd be alright... Who was that? That's right... It was him...'

Ranma-cha n pouted as she remember Ryoga. She had the strongest feelings of love and hate for the lost boy. She knew the hate came from her male side while the love came from her alone.

She shook her head to clear it out.

"I need to change back. I can't sleep if I keep thinking about him... Stupid pop, just had to splash me with cold water just as we were sitting down to eat."