Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma's child ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sorry if Ranma is OOC, but I do agree with the reviewer that said giving birth would change any man.


Chapter 2 version 1.1

Ryoga laid in his sleeping bag and stared at the stars. He was far from Nerima, but his mind continued to drift there. His love waited for him there.

'I wonder if she has this hard of a time as I do? Does she stare up and wonder where I am? Or has she gone back to hating me? I wish that I could... Just like every other major mess, this is all Ranma's fault!... but not hers... The face of Ranma makes throws me into a fit of rage while the face of Ranma-chan melts my heart. 'I'm not like Kuno, yet even though I know both are the same person, I feel so differently about both...'

Each night for Ryoga ended in a similar train wreak of thoughts. Tonight, was slightly different...

"I'm coming to get you Ranma! I've found what I need to solve this madness once and for all!"

______________________________________________

"AH-Choo!" Ranma rubbed his nose and sniffed.

"Ranma, are you coming down with a cold?" Akane asked as she put her hand on his forehead.

'Her hand feels really nice...' Then he realized just what he was thinking and quickly changed the subject. "Nah, I feel fine. Once my mom gets here, we can leave for school."

"Hey Ranma."

"Yeah?"

"I've just noticed something."

"What's that?"

"Well, before you had your baby, your grades at school were definitely in poor shape. Now however, your getting almost straight 'A's. What's so different now?"

"You noticed that... Well, I did some thinking just after Ryoko was born and I realized my original goal in life might not be what my child needs. Don't get me wrong. I'm still going to take her on a training journey like the old man did for me, but when we're done... She's going to need the best life I can give her."

"Wow... All this from one small child..."

"That's not all she's changed for me. I mean, I passed something the size of a basket ball through a hole the size of a baseball. It gave me a new appreciation for women everywhere, not to mention my own girl side. I can't ever look at that part of me as separate now. It's just as much 'me' as the male side. Even more in some ways."

"I'm not sure I understand..."

"Look at it this way. My entire life, I've wanted to grow strong to help others. But as a man, all I seem to do is destroy things... I've even come close to taking lives. With my girl side though, I've finally done something other then destroy. I've brought a life into the world... I think my girl side has done more for the world in that one act then my male side has done in his entire life."

"So what does this mean. I mean, certainly your not going to try to be a girl only right?"

"Oh, heck no. However, it does mean that I'm not worried about getting rid of her anymore. She is me. It's part of who I'm meant to be... Listen to me. The big bad martial artist, a man that can level several building before breakfast, who can bring down a godling, and even master the secrets of the Amazons, acting weak."

"Not weak Ranma. For once, your acting stronger then you've ever have. You are because you're facing the world instead of ignoring it."

"Thanks Akane. Even if we never get married, I'd love to have you as a friend."

"Me too Ranma. Me too."

"Ranma! I'm here!" Nodoka's voice called out.

"We're in the family room Mom." Ranma called out. 'I can't believe I actually thought my mom would make me commit ritual suicide just because I wasn't always a man among men. Sure, she came close to making me, but I think even then, part of her was fighting the idea.'

"Where's my grand-daughter?" Nodoka came around the corner and her face brightened as she saw the child resting in Ranma's arms. She reached out to take the child as soon as she could.

"Careful mom." Ranma gently handed his child over. "Now, be sure to call me on my cell if anything should happen. The emergency numbers are still on the fridge and the bottled breast milk is in the frid"Ranma, I did raise you until you were six you know. I can handle a baby." Nodoka said while cradling Ryoko. "Besides that, this isn't the first time I've looked after little Ryoko."

"I know mom, but I can't help worry. Something inside me feels..." Ranma paused as he tried to find just the right words.

"You feel like everything is out to get your child and your the only one that can protect her. You feel that your absence alone might provoke disaster. And the worst part, your afraid that your child will some how remember that you left her with someone else to do something for yourself when she grows up and hate you for it."

Ranma face contorted as he realized how many of the things listed felt right.

"I've said it once already today and I'll say it again, I did have a hand in raising you. Now get going or you'll be late to school."

"Yeah," Ranma left the house with Akane in tow. He was still stunned. No one had ever put his feelings into words so well before.

______________________________________________

Ranma's school day dragged on longer then he wanted it to. He just wanted to get back to his child. As they left the building, they saw the last thing they wanted to.

"Ranma Saotome!"

"What do you want Ryoga?!" Akane shouted.

"I'm here for my wife! And I'll kill you Ranma if I have to!"

"What?" that was all Ranma could muster.

"You heard me. If I can't be with her, then both of you should die!" he pulled out the ladle and hurtled water at Ranma. The water did not reach Ranma since it was blocked by Akane.

"Hold still and change damn you!"

"Ranma, run!" Akane stood her ground. "Ryoga, you have to stop this!"

"Out the way Akane! I might have loved you once, but I'm over you! If you don't step to the side, I'll kill you."

This got Ranma's attention. He got back to Akane as fast as he could and jumped in front of her, hoping to prevent Ryoga from caring out his threat.

"Man, you've really lost it, haven't you?" This was all the opening Ryoga needed. The water from the ladle couldn't be dodged this time. Ranma felt the change and her emotions flared. Now female, she started towards Ryoga until she saw where the water that hit her came from. "You... You didn't..."

"What Ranma? What's wrong?" Akane asked. Her eyes went over Ryoga, hoping for some explanation for Ranma's horrified sounding voice. In Ryoga's left hand was her answer. The Chiisuiton ladle. At least that was what it looked like. As her mind tried to figure out the puzzle, she felt a blast of heat. The source was Ranma's battle aura.

Ranma looked down at her body and her aura continued to flare. Ryoga's instincts told him to go to her, but he knew something was wrong. Ranma-chan eyes looked directly into his. At that moment, he knew what ever the female Ranma felt for him had been burned away. He turned and started to run. Before he got far, he felt a pain shoot through his right leg. Ranma-chan had fired a chi blast the size of a needle straight through it.

"You wanted me darling!" Ranma-chan's voice thundered. "Come here and give us some sugar!"

"Ranma, don't do it!" Akane shouted.

"What Akane? All I want to do is make his heart burn..." She said as her aura burned even hotter. Just being within ten feet was causing heat burns on Akane's skin. When Ranma was certain that Akane wouldn't interfere, she turned back Ryoga.

"Ranma, Ryoga's still the father of your child. You just can't kill him!"

"I didn't need him to be the father. I could have been that for my child. Just like I was going to be Ryoko's mother as well. This... Piece of crap Ryoga wasn't needed!"

"Ranma?..." Ryoga whimpered. He wanted to run and hide. He wanted to wake up from this nightmare. Everything he remembered about the female Ranma told him that she would have been grateful to be rid of her male half. He was certain she would have run to him, smothering him with kisses. Instead, he was about to face death, all because he misjudged. "Ranma, I did it for our child!"


(A note to the general reading public. I have never been pregnant, I do not plan to ever become pregnant, and I'm sure it's impossible for me to become pregnant since I'm a guy [then again, if I could, I'm not sure what I'd do...] With this said, I'm just using what I think is common sense. If anyone has reason to disagree, I can [and will if I'm completely wrong] change the story to match what really happens.

Here's hoping that no one ever figures out how to get a man pregnant! [like Governor Arnold did in that movie of his...])