Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Soul Divide ❯ Making Plans ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Soul Divide
A Ranma One Half Fan Fiction
By Michael A. Ivins
 
Ranma, his family, friends, enemies and related characters are the creation of Rumiko Takahashi. I'm just borrowing them for my own entertainment and (hopefully) that of others. I have no money so please don't sue me.
 
This story takes place after the end of the Manga. The wedding has been tried and failed.
 
Parts of this story are LEMON (containing descriptions of sexual situations and actions, including incest). If this sort of thing offends you then stop reading
 
 
Chapter 5
Making Plans
 
Back in the twins' room Ranma opened his eyes. Ranko softly said, “Uh, Ranma?”
 
Thinking this was going to be some marvelous declaration of love, Ranma was disappointed. Ranko asked, “Could you move your head, please. My arm is going to sleep.”
 
Ranma lifted his head and Ranko extracted her arm. She sat up and started to shake and flex her hand to restore circulation. After a moment she looked and commented, “Someone looks ready to go again.”
 
He said, “Ranko, I think we need to talk about what mom just said.”
 
She paused before saying, “About us being in love?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
She reached up to cup his chin in her hand. She said, “I didn't have a name for the feeling I had since I first looked at your face after we split.” She smiled, “Maybe we really were made for each other. I do know that I feel complete when you are near and empty when you are away, even just to pee.”
 
His eyes went wide and he said, “Oh, Kami-Sama, I'm in love with my sister. I'm supposed to be in love with Akane.”
 
Ranko snorted. “Oh, yeah! Like that relationship ever had any chance. You, Akane and Mallet-Sama. That would have been good.”
 
Not commenting on the relationship with Akane, he voiced a bigger concern, “How am I going to get married to my sister?”
 
Ranko looked surprised. “You really want to get married?”
 
Ranma insisted, “Of course! I don't want to be apart from you.”
 
She suddenly grinned at him and asked, “You sure you don't want to just hang out and have sex?”
 
He grinned back, “As tempting as that is, I don't think that will be enough.”
 
The girl considered that. “If you feel that way maybe we should talk to Nabiki about getting me an identity as someone else other than your sister.”
 
With a humorous snort, Ranma said, “I hate to think what she would charge for that.”
 
She said, “If we do the modeling she wants, she can take it out of our share.”
 
The black haired boy conceded, “That might work. What are we going to do about pops? I don't think he wants to give up on arranging a marriage for you or even more than one.”
 
She considered. “I think he took your defense of me as a challenge.”
 
Nodding, Ranma agreed, “I know he did. I think I have an edge he doesn't know about. Neither of us is a sound sleeper anymore. He's not going to get away with trying to throw me out the window anymore.”
 
Ranko shook her head, “Just because I've got the body, don't treat me like a weak girl. We're a team. We'll double team Pops so hard and so fast he won't know what hit him.”
 
Ranma nodded.
 
The redhead suddenly grinned and gestured toward her “brother's” groin. “Now I want to talk about that `point' you are trying to make.”
 
Ranma laughed, “Oh, that.” Suddenly he leaned forward and planted a kiss on his sister's lips. From that moment on no further words were exchanged until they were finished.
 
Ranma lay on his side idly playing with Ranko's hair. He said, “You should know the reason I got hard that last time was because lying there naked while mom and Kasumi looked at us was turning me on something fierce.”
 
Ranko nodded. “I thought that was it.”
 
He continued, “What was even more of a turn on was not the fact that they were looking at us, but they weren't freaking out. From the way mom was talking, I think she actually approved of us fucking.”
 
The girl thought about it. “I don't think `approved' is the right word. I do think she's willing to accept it.”
 
A little earlier Nodoka and Kasumi went into the Tendo girl's room. Kasumi sat on her bed and gestured to her guest to take the chair. “What did you want to talk about?”
 
The Saotome matriarch took a deep breath as if to calm herself. “I couldn't stay in there with the two of them. That scene was just too erotic. I was getting aroused just looking at them.”
 
The brown haired girl blushed hotly. In a tiny voice she admitted, “I was too.”
 
The young looking mother sighed. “It's just so frustrating. Do you mind if I tell you of my marital problems?”
 
Kasumi looked confused. “I've never been married. I don't know how much help I would be.”
 
Nodoka smiled a gentle smile. “You can provide a sympathetic ear.”
 
Now more sure of herself, Kasumi smiled back. “I can give you that.”
 
“I got married to Genma when I was only fourteen. He is nine years older than am. I was sixteen when I gave birth to Ranma. I wanted more children, but Genma seemed to get lost in his obsession to make Ranma the greatest martial artist of his generation.”
 
“I would never tell Genma about this. On the surface I appear to the perfect Japanese wife. I act prim, proper and demure. It is a mask. After Genma introduced me to it, I found that I love sex, crave it in fact. What was pure hell for me was that Genma seemed to lose interest sex. He concentrated all of his time and energy on Ranma.”
 
She looked down at the floor for a moment. “While he was still living at home I managed to keep myself satisfied with vibrators and other sex toys. Then he went away and took Ranma with him. Even if I have made sex the focus of this tale, I love my child. I would gladly have given up my husband if I could have kept Ranma. I never cared about the contract; that was Genma's idea. As if a piece of paper could make up for absence of my child.”
 
“Still this bit of confession was inspired by the display we saw in Ranma's room. When Genma left with Ranma on the training trip I took lovers. I was very discrete about it, but I had to do it. Artificial aids don't satisfy the way a real live man can. I even turned to some women. I'm not a lesbian, I'm bisexual.”
 
“I never gave up on Ranma returning some day. When he did return the stories I got from him and Genma conflicted on some points, but what I did hear painted a picture of a terrible and bizarre kind of life. I am proud of my son's accomplishments, but I question whether such intense focus on the Art or on any one interest to the exclusion of all else is healthy. You have seen part of the result. Ranma is a fine young man, strong, brave and honorable. He is also terribly ignorant of things outside martial arts. He has improved in the time he has lived in this house, but he is still socially inept.”
 
“After I insisted that Genma give Ranma `the talk' I had some frank discussions with my son. I have to wonder how Genma expected his son to function in the marriages he arranged for Ranma when the boy had no notion of what a man does with a woman. Ranma told me that Genma taught him that girls and women were delicate flowers to be treasured and protected but never to be taken seriously. They were a distraction from the Art.”
 
She sighed, “When Ranma got to the age when he started to take notice of girls Genma discouraged it. Ranma said he had found himself looking at the bounce of a girl's breast or the shape of her buttocks and found such things pleasing to look at. Genma told him that those things were a waste of time and a distraction from the Art.”
 
“Ranma also told me something that I didn't believe at first. Genma never sought out the services of a prostitute that Ranma ever knew of. Ranma thinks Genma may have masturbated, but he isn't sure. If Genma had any love affairs he was good at concealing them from his son.”
 
“Then he came back. After he stopped hiding himself from me, we began to share a bed once again. That was an exercise in frustration for me. In the time since we have been sharing a bed after his return, I've had sex with my husband just once.”
 
Incredulous, Kasumi asked, “Only once?”
 
Nodoka nodded. “Hard to believe, isn't it. Even that one time was a quickie.”
 
Kasumi shook her head. “With all of his preaching of manliness to Ranma, I would have thought… And you are such a beautiful woman.”
 
The auburn haired mother smiled. “Thank you for the compliment. The problem is that I've been feeling very sexually frustrated. I really was getting aroused looking at Ranma and Ranko. But when Ranma started getting an erection I felt an almost irresistible temptation to break one of the strongest of all sexual taboos. I found myself tempted to have sex with my own son. That's why I had to leave the room.”
 
Kasumi wasn't sure how to respond. She sincerely hoped that Nodoka was only trying to get some kind of catharsis by talking about her problems. Kasumi herself didn't have a clue about what to say regarding a revelation such as Nodoka had laid on her. What made it even harder was the fact that she had felt a temptation to jump in bed with the twins herself.
 
She tried a sort of neutral response. “I… I had no idea.”
 
Nodoka got up from the chair and sat next to Kasumi on the bed. She said, “I'm not sure how well I can fight it. The image of Ranma and Ranko is burned permanently into my mind. I need something else to focus myself on. Would you help me?”
 
Sweet, loving Kasumi didn't really understand what was being asked of her. She just knew that she wanted to help in any way she could. She was one of the most helpful people one could ever hope to meet. She told Nodoka, “Of course I'll help.”
 
Kasumi found her hands being held by Nodoka. The older woman was looking in her eyes and said, “All of the nice things I've heard about you are true.” The next thing Kasumi knew she found herself being kissed by the older woman. She thought she should protest that this wasn't what she had in mind, but by the time they broke from the kiss, she had decided that she wanted to continue. Nodoka really knew how to kiss.
 
The following morning the twins awakened when they sensed Genma sneaking into their room. After they had finished with their sexual interlude they decided that it might be for the best if they slept in the separate futons on the chance that someone else looked in on them.
 
When Genma leapt toward Ranma to grab him for throwing out the window his face met a bare foot that forced him back. Before he had a chance to recover he was hit with a kick from Ranko that propelled him out the window. Both of the twins were angry and not thinking about the fact that Ranma was dressed only in a pair of boxers and Ranko was only wearing a borrowed pair of Kasumi's panties.
 
The two put on quite a show basically knocking Genma back and forth between them like a volleyball. By double teaming Genma, he was totally unable to put up any kind of defense. When they tired of the game the twins signaled each other and Ranma kicked Genma into the pond. Moments later an unconscious panda was floating in the pond.
 
When she noticed that her father was floating face down, Ranko prodded him with her foot so he flopped over and floated face up. She commented, “I only want to hurt him enough to learn a lesson. He can't learn if he drowns.”
 
After the noise of the fight stopped, both Ranma and Ranko noticed the sound of a camera shutter. “NABIKI!” Ranko shouted. “Stop that right now!”
 
The middle Tendo daughter lowered the camera and looked at the redhead as if she had taken leave of her senses.
 
Ranko glared at her and said, “You seem to have forgotten the agreement we made at the dinner table last night.”

Indignantly Nabiki said, “You can't expect me to pass up an opportunity like this.”
 
Ranko's glare intensified. “Maybe I wasn't clear. Let me state it in plain language. If I hear that camera shutter click again before I tell you that I'm ready, I will smash that camera into tiny little pieces. Then I … Will… Make… You… Eat… The… Pieces. Is that clear enough?”
 
Ranma put in, “Would you like soy sauce on those camera bits? I think you might want some tea to wash it down.”
 
Ranko was standing with her hands on her hips, directing a glare at the middle Tendo sister. Nabiki lowered her camera further and fumbled to put the lens cap back on.
 
Ranma chose that moment to say, “Uh, Sis? You do know why Nabiki thought this was such a great opportunity, don't you?”
 
The redheaded girl turned to her sibling with an irritated expression on her face. “What!” she demanded.
 
Her brother pointed. “Your boobs.”
 
She looked down and realized how much of a show she had been putting on. She crossed an arm over her breasts, covering her nipples and said, “Oh shit.” She noticed Nodoka coming up to her carrying a robe and asked, “Uh, Mom? Would it be more ladylike to say `Oh crap?'”
 
Ranko's mom couldn't help herself. The situation was so absurd she couldn't keep herself from laughing. When she got herself under control again she replied, “No, dear. Neither of those is very ladylike. A more acceptable thing to say would be, `Oh no' or `Oh dear.' You could also say…” She pointed at Kasumi
 
Kasumi looked confused at first then said, “Oh my?”
 
As she belted the robe around her, Ranko observed, “I guess I'm going to have to learn some of that `feminine modesty' that Akane is always talking about.”
 
“Yes, dear (snicker),” said Nodoka. “I think that might be a good idea. I do suppose it might be easier for you once you have some proper clothing. I realize you don't have much more than what you have on now. May I assume that pair of panties is what you slept in?”
 
“Well, yeah,” Ranko agreed. She explained, “Kasumi's bra kind of pinches. Maybe I should have borrowed a nightgown or something. I admit I didn't really think of it last night. I was used to sleeping in boxers and a tank top before we split.”
 
Nodoka promised, “While we're shopping we'll try to find you sleepwear that you will find comfortable that still properly protects your modesty.”
 
Not sure if she should be offering any input, Nabiki said, “If you feel you have to wear a bra when you sleep, you might find a sports bra more comfortable.”
 
Ranko turned a smile on the middle Tendo girl. “Thank you, Nabiki. If you keep making helpful suggestions like that one you might make it off my sh… I mean bad list.”
 
Nabiki wasn't sure if she should be glad of that or not.
 
When the twins sat down at the table Akane shook her head. She told Ranko, “You really are shameless.”
 
Ranko wasn't in the mood for Akane's static. She said, “Yeah, shameless, I know. I need to learn some feminine modesty, I know that too.”
 
Ranma leapt to the defense of his sister. “Cut her some slack, Akane. First - She's still getting used to the idea of being a girl permanently. Second - She's hardly got any clothing so she opted to be comfortable when she went to bed. Third - Pops was trying his usual crap of ambushing me in the morning. Neither of us really had time to get dressed before we had to defend ourselves.”
 
“Humph,” Akane said. “You shouldn't let your sister go out like that.”
 
Ranma shook his head, not quite sure he followed the strange kind of logic that Akane seemed to be using. “Were you even listening to what I said? Besides, I don't own Ranko. I have no right t tell her what to do or what to wear (or not to wear.)”
 
Akane replied, “You're still a pervert for sleeping in the same room with your sister while she was half naked.”
 
Ranko jumped in and said, “I wouldn't have had to share a room with oniichan if you had just agreed to let me sleep on your floor. Nobody was asking you to share a bed with me. As mean and grumpy as you're acting, I wouldn't want to share a bed with you.”
 
“Mean? Why you pervert.”
 
Genuinely confused, Ranko asked, “How does calling you mean make me a pervert.”
 
Again displaying faulty reasoning, Akane said, “No, running around half naked makes you a pervert.”
 
Ranko shook her head. “I supposed it's my fault that I don't have any clothes or that Pops attacked. If someone attacked you in the bath, would you stop to get dressed before you tried to defend yourself?”
 
It appeared that Akane didn't like to have her misconceptions challenged. She materialized her mallet and swung it at Ranko. This time things went a little differently than usual. Before the mallet hit Ranma appeared in its path. His battle aura was glowing brightly as he caught the mallet strike in one hand. In cold tones Ranma told his supposed fiancé, “Don't. Hit. My. Sister. If you do, you will regret it.”
 
He tossed the mallet away. He knew it was merely a gesture because Akane could summon another mallet anytime she wanted, but he hoped he was proving a point. That point being that the only reason Akane had been able to hit him before was because he let her.
 
At that moment the words “Happo Twenty Yen Satsu” were heard. Both Ranma and Akane collapsed. In the doorway to the dining room stood a tall, dark haired women in a tight yellow dress. The woman was quite bell built. She said, “I swear I just don't know about you children. You are acting like delinquents in your own home.” She dropped a coin into the pocket of her tight-fitting yellow dress.
 
Ranko rushed forward and cradled Ranma in her arms. She demanded of the visitor, “What did you do that for? He was defending me.”
 
A bit more quietly she said, “Again your chivalrous impulses get you in trouble, bro. You forget that I'm just as capable of defending myself as you are.”
 
The woman's eyes darted back and forth between the siblings. “Two… Ranmas. Am I losing my mind? Why are there two of you?”
 
Ranko turned her eyes from Ranma to Ms. Hinako. “I guess you could call it a cure to my curse. In a curio shop I found a magic item that was able to separate my two forms. We're both still Ranma in our heads, same memories and everything. It's just that I'm the girl and will be that way for the rest of my life and he's the boy. Neither of us can change anymore. You could say that we are now one soul in two bodies.”
 
Ms. Hinako said, musingly, “One soul in two bodies… That actually sounds… rather romantic. I've read romance novels that describe couples just that way.”
 
Ranko blushed. “Yeah, it does kind of sound that way. Because Ranma and I are both children with the same parents and same birth date, we're saying we're twins. So we don't confuse people I'm using the name Ranko, even if I still think of myself as Ranma.”
 
The teacher looked at Ranko again and said, “You're taller.”
 
The redhead nodded. “Yeah, the magic made Ranma taller and me the same height instead of the tiny little shrimp I used to be. I didn't like being that small”
 
In a sad tone Ms. Hinako noted, “Your girl form was still taller than my child form.”
 
As she stood there Soun walked up behind her. He leaned over her and kissed her on the neck. She smiled and looked back at him. “I came here to see Soun. Since I first met him I thought he was a very handsome man and nice too.”
 
Soun said, “Hinako is helping me to move on with my life. I've spent too many years mourning my first wife. She is filling a hole in my life.”
 
A moment later Hinako shrank back to her 8 year old child form. Soun still kept a hand on the little girl's shoulder. Ranma had recovered a little so Ranko let him go but patted him on the shoulder and quietly commented, “And the weirdness just continues to increase.”
 
The twins both were thinking that Hinako accepted their change rather easily. Maybe she didn't think it that strange considering the weirdness of her own life.
 
Everybody went back to the table to finish their breakfast. With Hinako, Ranko and Nodoka at the table it was a little crowded. When Hinako noticed this she moved over and sat in Soun's lap. Both Ranma and Ranko couldn't help wondering if Hinako was Soun's girlfriend, some sort of new daughter or some weird combination of the two.
 
They both also decided that it was none of their business. Even if she looked like an 8 year old girl most of the time, she was really an adult and capable of making her own decisions. From what they'd heard, she was actually in her 30's even if her adult form looked like she was in her mid twenties. She might even be older than their mother.
 
The rest of meal progressed mostly in silence. At one point Akane looked like she was getting angry, but Hinako pulled a coin out her pocket and Akane calmed down. At this point the threat seemed sufficient to intimidate the hot tempered teen.
 
Soun seemed quite affectionate to the little girl in his lap. He even went as far as feeding her some of the food from his own breakfast. It was cute in a bizarre sort of way.
 
As breakfast finished, Nabiki got up to leave. Hinako noticed that she was the only one who was dressed for school asked, “Ranma and … Ranma, Why aren't you leaving for school? Are you being delinquent?”
 
Ranko told her, “No ma'am, we're not being delinquent. The problem is one you already noticed. Ranma and I are both taller than before and more muscular. I'm also…” She paused and looked down at her bosom. “…bigger than I used to be. Ranma's clothes are very tight on him and they don't fit me at all. I'm having to wear clothes I borrowed from Kasumi. Our mom is going to take us shopping today so we will have clothes to wear to school and other places.”
 
Ranma pointed out, “You must have noticed that she's in a robe and I'm just wearing boxers.”
 
“I… just thought you were dressing casual for breakfast and were going to get dressed before you left. I've heard lots of people dress casual at home.”
 
She jumped down from Soun's lap and walked up to Nabiki. She said, “I need to get to school too. Do you mind if I walk with you?”
 
Nabiki's expression said she'd like to walk with anyone else, but she said, “Sure, no problem.”
 
Ranma, Ranko and Nodoka all crowded into the kitchen to help clean up. With that many hands helping the job was quickly done. When they were done with that Ranma took a quick turn in the bath. Ranko wanted to take a turn by herself, but Nodoka insisted that they share the bath since they were both female.
 
Ranko was still enough of a man that this made her uncomfortable. She agreed because Nodoka wanted to be done quickly. Ranko found it hard to not stare at the exposed curves of her mother's body. As has been observed before, Nodoka was a very attractive woman, looking much like Ranma's former female form. Nodoka also looked younger than her true age.
 
Ranko's hands itched to touch and caress the curves her mother displayed. At one point Nodoka brushed by her and she jumped with a small cry. The auburn haired mother commented, “You seem awfully jumpy this morning, Ranko.”
 
The redhead decided to be honest. “Uh… Mom, you have to remember that until yesterday I was a guy most of the time. I'm not really used to sharing a bath with another girl.”
 
Nodoka laughed. “I'm sorry if I make you nervous. But, dear, if you are going to be a girl for the rest of your life you will have to get accustomed to doing things like sharing a bath with other females. I hope you're not suggesting that you share the bath with your brother.”
 
In a low voice Ranko sullenly asked, “Would it really be all that bad?”
 
Still in good humor, Nodoka told her, “If washing up and soaking was all you did I don't think I'd have any objection. Could you swear to me that is all you'd do?”
 
Ranko felt sure her mother was playing games with her. She didn't want to come right out and say she knew her mother had seen the twins in bed together but she could hint. She said, “Well, you do seem to be in kind a hurry. I don't think Ranma and I'd have time for anything else besides washing up.”
 
Nodoka pretended to think long and carefully. She said, “If that was true, I'd have no objection to it. However, I'm not the only other person in this house. If Akane was to hear that you were bathing with your brother, she'd likely declare the pair of you perverts and get out that horrible mallet of hers.”
 
Nodoka had noticed that Ranko's nipples had been standing proudly at attention. At first she had thought it was from the cold washing water. However they had stayed erect when they got into the furo's hot water. Considering Ranko had said about being a man before, could it be she was aroused by being in the bath with her mother? Somehow the thought was making her own nipples stiffen.
 
When Nodoka mentioned Akane's possible reaction, Ranko's nipples went down. The Saotome mother realized it was not a very erotic thought.
 
In a somewhat distressed tone, Ranko asked, “Does Ranma really have to marry Akane?”
 
Nodoka frowned. “This is an honor agreement that has been place since before Ranma was born. It means that he has to marry one of the Tendo girls. I recognize that Akane has an anger management problem. If it is not her that it would have to be Nabiki or Kasumi.”
 
Getting up from the tub Ranko grabbed a towel and said, “I know it sounds childish to say that way but Akane really is mean. She's always getting mad over the lots of little stuff, she's calling me (him now, I guess) a pervert when I didn't do anything to deserve it and she never trusts me. She seems to think I… I mean Ranma is having wild passionate sex with all of the other fiancés except her. She's always hitting me… I mean him.”
 
The auburn haired mother nodded. “Yes, now that I've actually lived in the same house with her I can see that Akane is rather immature.”
 
Ranko protested, “Mom, if I wasn't toughened up from martial arts she could have killed me with the mallet by now.”
 
Concern in her voice, Nodoka asked, “Is it really that bad?”
 
Ranko explained, “Do you really think that someone with my martial arts skills couldn't dodge the mallet hits? I let her hit me, because if I dodge she could hit somebody standing near me. She does catch me by surprise sometimes and those I can't dodge, but now there's two of me, that not going to happen so much. As much as I can I'm going to watch his back and he'll watch mine. She might still catch one of us by surprise but that shouldn't happen so much now.”
 
Nodoka nodded and asked, “How do you feel about Nabiki?” She had finished drying off and was getting dressed.
 
Pulling on another pair of borrowed panties, Ranko said, “You mean the Ice Queen? She's pretty but I wouldn't want to be married to her… Uh, I mean I wouldn't want to see Ranma married to her. She's devoted to her own family and would do all kinds of unethical or even illegal things to protect them or support them. To other people she's a cold, grasping, money-grubbing bitch, and I'm sorry about my language. She doesn't care if what she does embarrasses me as long as she can make money off me. I really feel sorry whatever poor sap that does end up married to her.”
 
Having donned her undergarments, Nodoka pulled on her kimono and frowned in thought. “I had thought she was handling the family finances and that she was interested in business, but what you describe sounds rather extreme.”
 
After struggling to put on a borrowed bra, Ranko pulled on the borrowed dress from the day before. After getting it settled in place she said, “You think that sounds extreme you ought to know what Nabiki does at school. Besides selling pictures of me and Akane, she takes bets on nearly everything that happens. If she gets hold of a piece of juicy gossip she doesn't just tell her friends like a normal schoolgirl would do. She blackmails people over it. She has a bunch of people working for her to dig out information that she can use to blackmail other people.”
 
As they stepped out of the bathroom Ranko said, “She claims to do it all for the family, to keep a roof over everybody's heads. If she was really all that noble I might think she was a good match for Ranma. As it is I think she likes doing that stuff a little too much to try and claim to be noble.”
 
Author's Note: This is mostly a filler, but it does move the story along.