Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Tales From Hades ❯ Book I, Chapter III ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Tales From Hades…

I do not own Ranma ½. All of the following characters are Rumiko Takahashi's, save only those you die-hard fans do not recognize. If you wish to contact me, don't. If you truly must complain, or compliment, to me submit a review or e-mail me at paschall18@yahoo.com.

Read at your own risk, for the following tale is not for those weak of heart, or young of age. At one point, this tale may include Lemon scenes, but for now there will only be violence, swearing and sexual situations.

"Talking"

'Telepathy'

Thinking

Book I, Chapter III

===

'I hate the Mortal plane.' Ranma mumbled as he walked down a paved road in the southern district of Tokyo. He had been walking all day since emerging from an ancient well inside a Shinto Shrine (Why did I have to have my travel median as stone circles?). He currently was holding an umbrella up in his right hand while holding a map in his left. So far, he couldn't make heads or tails of this city, and kept making wrong turns down alleys and emerging in different areas that were not detailed on the map. Damn it! Why doesn't the master have any maps of the current Tokyo. Almost all of the streets have either been built over or changed. To make things worse, Ranma kept seeing things that he had never seen before, which didn't make any sense to him and kept distracting him.

One of these things was liquid rain.

Walking along, Ranma had been caught in a sudden downpour. At the time, he was horribly confused and had thought that a water demon was attacking him. The local populace was taken by a sudden surprise when a young man in black silk had begun firing off rays of dark green light at the sky while surrounding himself in a rich black aura. It had gotten even worse when a group of young girls had shown up and began spouting off poetry at him about love and justice. He thought they were circus performers, until the red one had launched an orb of fire at him.
While it had been a relatively weak attack, it had still caught him by surprise, resulting in minor burns. Annoyed, he had summoned a swarm of imps, hoping that they would be obnoxious enough to cover him while he slipped away.

Turned out that they were challenging enough to take these fighting poets entire attention, allowing Ranma more than enough time to mask his presence and scan the group. The entire group as a whole had barely enough energy to take on a class three demon, though the leader had enough potential to take on a weak class two. He quickly left them, making a mental note to try and stay hidden from public view.

After an hour of drying himself out, Ranma continued on his way to the Tendo Dojo (taking enough time to steal an umbrella from a local merchant), to meet his future wife. Unfortunately for him, he immediately became lost in the maze like suburbs of Tokyo again. This was not the end of his bad luck though.

Though his attire was usual casual among the familiar flames of Hades, Ranma had decided to wear his formal attire, in order to make a good impression. His normal red shirt had been replaced by a black sleeveless version, decorated with red dragons sewn along the ribs. Draped over his shoulders was an elegant black cloak made from the hide of a rather large Hell Hound. At his side, a long whip looped through his pants, nearly hidden by the shadows of the cloak. Needless to say, this drew stares from the people of Nerima.

Deciding to ignore the whispers and stares, Ranma continued walking along. According to the Overlord, a letter had been sent ahead to warn them of his arrival. 'I hope this place has a bath' He drearily thought as he approached the walls of the Tendo Dojo.

===

An overjoyed man danced about a small living room, clutching a crumpled postcard.

"He is finally coming!" Shouted the man.

"Who is coming Daddy." Drawled a sarcastic voice.

Stopping immediately. The man slowly lowered his head to look at his teenage daughter. With a small "eep," he hopped backwards, accidentally dropping the postcard into the young girls waiting hands. Before he could react, she un-crumpled the item and began to read:


Tendo,

My son, Ranma Saotome, has become the fighter I could make him. I send him to you to fulfill the engagement. He will arrive April 25, around 6:03 PM.

Saotome

"Now Nabiki, just hear your old man out…" began the alarmed father, before the girl raised her hand to silence him. Oh no, what will she think of this? Has she figured it out?

The mans thoughts/fears were immediately intensified when Nabiki began to ask about the 'guest' that was coming. Thinking fast, he told her to simply gather her sisters and prepare for this important guest. While he knew Nabiki would normally question him further, he also knew she could not resist dressing her, and her sisters, up for important guests (which were indeed rare in the Tendo Household).

Annoyed with her father's request to gather her sisters, Nabiki stood up and switched off the television. Normally she enjoyed watching the news, but today it had been covering the Sailor Senshi's latest battle against darkness, which they had apparently almost lost. She stretched as she began making her way to the kitchen, stretching her tight black tank top over her supple curves.

She found her youngest sister in the kitchen, making dinner. Grimacing at the thought, Nabiki chided herself about Akane's cooking. Over the past few years her foods quality had steadily gotten better, when compared to the food she used to serve them with 'Bio-Hazard' labels slapped onto the plates. She didn't truly have to worry about her sisters cooking anymore, as she usually went out and got her own food.

"Akane, Daddy wants us to be dressed for a guest coming by," Nabiki stated. "Meet me in my room, we need to look our best."

"All right Nabiki, give me a minute. Dinner is proving to be difficult again." Akane called out, with an accompanying screech followed by the snapping of bones. "Stupid dog keeps resisting, and the birds were harder to catch today."

"K', but hurry up. Don't keep me or Kasumi waiting." Nabiki said as she began walking away.

Nabiki already knew where Kasumi would be, and mentally groaned at the prospect of getting her, let alone talking to her. Her sister had become more mischievous since her death.

She made her way out into the backyard and to the old Dojo that sat rotting. An old structure, supposedly used by her grandparents, the very thought of what it represented made her laugh. She never was really attracted to the prospect of physical combat, seeing it as unnecessarily barbaric.

These thoughts were abolished when she neared the entrance to the decrepit building. Sighing, she opened her senses and began searching her surroundings. This was always such a chore, but Kasumi loved to practice her abilities, especially upon the unsuspecting. Nabiki had quickly learned to always pay attention to the temperature changes in, and around, the house.

Catching signs of her sisters energy, she began to focus on them, dispelling her illusions and interrupting her meditation. Hearing a cry of mild surprise coming from within the Dojo, she knew she had successfully gotten Kasumi's attention, though that wasn't always a good thing.

"Kasumi," Nabiki called out. "Daddy wants us to get ready for an important guest, and we need to get dressed. Hurry on up to my room, K'?"

Hearing the faint laughter of her other sister, she could sense her shift from the Dojo to her own room. Shaking her head, she headed back into the house and made her way up the stairs. She could sense both of her sisters in her room, both seemingly curious and (in Kasumi's case) carefree.

Walking in, she took in her sisters' appearances. Akane looked a little worse for wear, but that was probably due to her making dinner. The short girl had long black hair that fell down her back and front, framing her tomboyish face. She had a slightly muscular physique, but that was from her days as a martial artist. She wore a loose fitting blouse with a shirt underneath. A white apron covered up most of her front. All of the pockets were jammed full of dried herbs and bottles of strange ingredients. Nabiki wrinkled her nose as she caught a bizarre stench coming from Akane.

"Akane, I thought I told you to leave your ingredients out of my room," Nabiki said while holding her nose and waving her hand. "They smell horrible."

"Come on Nabiki, they don't smell that bad…" Akane started, trying to speak over the giggles that were echoing from Kasumi.

"They smell worse than the dead Akane." Interrupted Nabiki. This caused Kasumi to stop giggling and glower at Nabiki. The room got much colder and darker around Kasumi.

"Nabiki, how can you say such things to your poor sister…" Kasumi pouted. "I don't smell like Akane's ingredients. "

Both Kasumi and Nabiki erupted into laughter at this statement, while Akane reddened and began to shake in rage.

Looking at Kasumi, most would notice that she is a lovely young girl, around 19 years of age. With long brown hair and dark eyes, many would never notice that you could see through her or that she rarely touched the ground.

"If you two are just going to laugh at me, I'm just going to leave…" threatened Akane, sobering the other sisters. "I still have dinner to finish you know."

"Ok, Daddy says that this is an important guest, so we are going to have to wear formal attire," Nabiki started. "Kimonos are the best bet. That sound OK Kasumi?"

Kasumi silently nodded while floating in front of her sister. She closed her eyes and took a meditative trance. After a few moments, her spectral form turned solid, dressed in a formal Kimono, along with two spare over her arm.

"Isn't Ectoplasm wonderful!" chimed Akane as she grabbed one of the spare robes.

After five minutes of dressing, all three of the girls exited the room in formal attire (Akane in yellow, Nabiki in red, Kasumi in black). All three were excited about the coming guest and hurried off towards the living room to wait.

===

Huffing loudly, Ranma Saotome stood outside the Tendo Dojo. After racing across town with a pack of dogs hot on his trail he had found the miserable home of his future wife. The sky looked black as more rain clouds moved in to spread their rain over the city.

Wonder what these people are like? I hope they aren't boring…

===

Please review, for I will only continue so far if I do not get feedback. Please no flames, and suggestions are always welcome.

Sorry it took so long to post this chapter, I have been on vacation and have had much happening in my home. That is why I made it a little longer than usual. Gimme 5 reviews and I will post another chapter.

Boon the Butcher