Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Tales From Hades ❯ Book I, Chapter IV ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Tales From Hades…

I do not own Ranma ½. All of the following characters are Rumiko Takahashi's, save only those you die-hard fans do not recognize. If you wish to contact me, don't. If you truly must complain, or compliment, to me submit a review or e-mail me at paschall18@yahoo.com.

Read at your own risk, for the following tale is not for those weak of heart, or young of age. At one point, this tale may include Lemon scenes, but for now there will only be violence, swearing and sexual situations.

"Speaking"
'Telepathy'
Thinking

Book I, Chapter IV


A light drizzle slowly rained down from the dark sky, as a low rumble echoed in the distance, promising the residents of Nerima that more rain was going to be coming in the near future.

Most of the residents of this particular ward had taken the thunderheads warning, and prepared for the downpour that would soon happen. The older residents had bundled up in warmer clothing, and sealed their windows over, while the younger residents merely wore heavy raincoats and bore umbrellas as they made their way down the sidewalk. Only one person in the rain did not seem to be prepared for the oncoming storm, and most of the populace had already deemed him insane.

Some had deemed him a tad odd due to his outlandish clothing, while others had thought him strange when he started screaming and running when the rain had first started. Some others thought he was a tad out of it when he actually attacked the sky with fiery blasts, and then locked horns with the Sailor Senshi.

Everyone though, had been in unspoken agreement when the lad walked through the crumbling gates of the Tendo home.

-Ranma, in front of Tendo Home-

Calmly walking through the crumbling gates of the home (rather than through the massive holes in the surrounding walls), Ranma chose to ignore the looks of horror and awe aimed at him and instead focused his attention on the building laid out before him.

Fifty years ago, this building was probably a perfect example of both the older architecture of medieval Japan and the strong cultural spirit of modern Japan. But fifty years was rarely kind to wood or stone, and this building was no exception.

The surrounding masonry wall was obviously once painted a nice shade f red with an orangish hue, but mother natures constant work had chipped away much of the paint, and faded the remaining paint into a dull brown. Much of the thick stone had eroded and broken into smaller sections, as if an invasion had taken place. The gate itself still bore massive wooden doors, though they were heavily beaten and had minor amounts of markings.

The path leading up to the door was once a straight and narrow path, probably lined with a nice type of shrubbery or fern. Now it was cracked and beaten, with many missing stones and weeds growing through it. The surrounding foliage was unkempt and overgrown, barring passage off the path to the door, unless one didn't mind hacking through the underbrush. Two large trees rose from the ground, flanking the entrance. The bore dark green leaves on gnarled branches, appearing to be a pair of massive claws reaching towards the bleak sky. Smirking, Ranma made his way to the entrance, actively scanning for any life forms that would… entice his interest.

Looking through the door, he could tell that the house was quite expansive, and that there was even another structure beyond this one. He located three semi-powerful auras in the second story, the strongest placing somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000. Matches me as I am right now. Impressive…for a human. His scan picked up another, far weaker one in the living room. He absentmindedly rapped his knuckles on the, surprisingly in tact, doors before him.

The scan revealed that all three were capable of producing, and controlling, magic and magical effects (though nowhere near as powerful as he could). Only one seemed to be an active mage, though his scouter could not reveal what type as of yet.

I hope it's not an Aura Mage. God I hate those self-righteous assholes.

He rarely got to interact with members of any clergy, but when he did they did not get along. Spending ones entire life in the bowels of Hell gave them a not so friendly aura. That and he smelled like brimstone.

Ranma shifted his thoughts when he noticed the weakest of the life signatures moving closer to him. Bracing himself for his first confrontation with a mortal, Ranma found himself utterly surprised by what happened.

Exploding from behind the door, Ranma was swept into an unbreakable bear hug and drenched in the tears of a hysterical crying man. A quick scan over him told Ranma that while this man was indeed far more powerful than the average mortal, he was nowhere near Ranma's level, physically or spiritually.

"Oh, I have waited for this day for years." Said the now serious man. "You must be Ranma."

Not waiting for any sign of confirmation, the man continued in his ranting while dragging Ranma inside.

"I have dreamed of this moment for as long as I can remember, and you are finally here," He bellowed while walking deeper into the house. "Girls, he is here, come downstairs!"

"We already are Daddy," Echoed a low voice from a room to the right. "At least let him take off his shoes and get situated. And put him down! He needs to breath!"

Being unceremoniously dropped, Ranma looked up as the man made his way into the room and began having a heated discussion with the three individuals. Ranma stood up and began removing his shoes. Hmmm… I didn't sense them move at. Looking about, he could tell the rest of the house was in better condition than the outside, though not by much. The entryway was made of a hard black stone and fine red wood, lit by candles held aloft near the ceiling. The hallway that they had walked down creaked and groaned, while the paper in the walls crackled in the wind. Much of the furniture in the hall was old and wooden, colored to match the black stone and red wood. It was unnaturally cold and gave off an ominous aura.

The man exited the room and turned, holding his hand out in a gesture that allowed Ranma to enter the room first, so he just shrugged and went along with it. Walking in, he immediately took in the room's qualities.

Much like the hall, the color scheme was red and black but this room was far colder and held the smell of freshly dug earth. He could even see his breath, but this quickly lost his attention when he realized he was not alone in the room. Looking forward, he saw that the room held a low table where three women sat in formal kimonos and dresses. He could easily tell from their energy that they were related to each other, and to the man, whom he guessed was their father.

The one closest to him smiled serenely at him, making him instantly nervous. She had long brown hair tied back in a long ponytail leading to the ground, contrasting with her solid white attire. Strangely enough, the girl herself seemed to be lighter in color than her clothes and was semi transparent. Ok, here is the ghost I sensed earlier… He smiled back at her and looked on to the other girls, hoping none were as vacant as her.

The middle girl had short brown hair that framed her lovely face along with a pair of piercing black eyes. Ranma had to literally will himself not to gaze into them, much to the girls' amusement. Her toothy smile revealed enlarged canines, which she licked, as if in anticipation. Audibly gulping, Ranma chuckled and smiled back. And we have a vampire. What a lovely household, now we just need a damn lycanthrope and we can throw a Halloween party. Holy hell, I thought mortals hated the Undead… Shaking his head, he turned his head to the final girl, half expecting an aquatic monster or elemental monster.

The final girl was the shortest of the three and obviously the youngest. She had long black hair that reached the middle of her back, which faded in with her kimono's black appearance. She was indeed good looking, but nowhere near the other two, mainly due to her youthful baby fat. Ranma could smell fresh herbs and dried scales wafting off of this one, and looking in her lap he could see a thick book bound in leather. And the mage makes an appearance. Not bad looking, and if she lives with these two, she must be decent. Probably a Necromancer…

Realizing that he was the only one standing (the man had walked in after him and taken a seat at what must have been the head of the circular table), he immediately plopped down next to the spectral girl, much to her apparent amusement. He would have asked what she thought was so funny, but the man had cleared his throat, and was obviously about to begin speaking.

"Now Ranma, let me introduce you to my three daughters. The one to your right is my eldest daughter, Kasumi. The one next to her is my second eldest, Nabiki, and the one to my left is my youngest, Akane. As you can tell, we have a unique family, full of diversity and variation. I hope you will come to enjoy your stay. You do know why you are here, don't you?"

Ranma nodded, choosing to not reveal that he could barely speak Japanese. All three girls shared a knowing look between each other, then turned to their father. Nabiki was the first one to speak up.

"And why is he here Daddy?" Nabiki asked while glowering at the older man. "He seems to have a good grasp of the situation, but you have chosen to leave us in the dark until now. Whats up?"

All eyes in the room turned to look upon the Tendo Patriarch, all of them with eyebrows raised in confusion. Soun closed his eyes and cleared his throat before speaking.

"It started nearly 20 years ago, back during my years of training. As you girls know, I studied the mystical art of conjuring beings and souls from other dimensions, while my partner studied the mystical art of transporting oneself to other dimensions. Near the end of our apprenticeship, both my partner and myself had learned much through our travels, and came to the conclusion that our two types of magic would work well if carried on by our children. That day a pact wa-"

Soun was cut off by the combined will of his three daughters, throwing him from the room into the koi pond beyond the veranda, as they caught on to what he was leading up to. Ranma took note that their abilities were all magical based it seemed, and continued to watch as the soaked father stormed in, entering a shouting match with his three daughters.

Sitting quietly through this entire exchange he learned that the man was in NO way capable in a fight, as several attacks from both the daughters and the father were launched periodically. The youngest daughter spent much of her time using straightforward blasts of fire and spectral knives. The vampiress only attacked once, and it was very difficult to even register on his scouter, involving shadows and darkness.

The Eldest daughter, the specter, turned out to probably be mentally unstable. One moment all giggles and smiles, the next to a screaming vortex of hate, flinging furniture at the elderly man, much to his dismay.

The father rarely did much, other than block or dodge, though he did conjure a mass of dark tendrils in hopes of binding his errant daughters, though this was easily beaten.

Not seeing any resolution coming from the family in the foreseeable future, Ranma stood and exited the room. After scanning the father's surface memories, Ranma quickly located the guestroom and quickly began unpacking his many belongings from sub-space. After nearly an hour of work, the room felt comfortable enough to him to fall asleep. Ignoring the war that was being raged downstairs, he swiftly fell asleep, praying to the dark one that this would all be over quickly.




Please review, for I will only continue so far if I do not get feedback. Please no flames, and suggestions are always welcome.

Sorry it took so long to post this chapter, I have really been slacking off. I just now noticed that people were actually responding to my story. If you continue to do so, I will write more chapters.

Boon the Butcher