Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Tales From Hades ❯ Book I, Chapter V ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Tales From Hades…

I do not own Ranma ½. All of the following characters are Rumiko Takahashi's, save only those you die-hard fans do not recognize. If you wish to contact me, don't. If you truly must complain, or compliment, to me submit a review or e-mail me at paschall18@yahoo.com.

Read at your own risk, for the following tale is not for those weak of heart, or young of age. At one point, this tale may include Lemon scenes, but for now there will only be violence, swearing and sexual situations.

"Speaking"

'Telepathy'

Thinking

Book I, Chapter V



A light drizzle rained down upon the roof of the Tendo Dojo, inducing a drowsy sound that prevented most people from waking unless roused by other means. Despite being a demon prince, Ranma Saotome was no exception. In his bare room he lay sleeping peacefully, oblivious to his surroundings. His drowsy mind filtered out the white noise that was the rain, the low creaking of the old house, and the ticking of an overhead clock.

And the 3-foot demon covered in spines standing over him.

Giggling to himself, Pugna leaned down until his quilled head was about an inch from the foul sorcerers left ear. Taking in a deep breath, he let out a screech that could, and did, wake the dead, though Kasumi was usually up around this time anyway.

Though the demon prince did not share the undead qualities that two of the Tendo sisters did, this shriek woke him none the less.

Swearing, Ranma shot up to the ceiling. He instantly set up a ward around himself and took a fighting position on the ceiling, looking around in search of the danger. His eyes only found a miniature spined demon rolling around, cackling with glee at the wake up call it had just given. Fuming, Ranma jumped down, landing on the demons throat in the process, quickly silencing the annoying infernal, while also inflicting enough pain and damage to make Ranma feel better, if only momentarily.

'Dammit Pugna, what are you doing here?' Ranma demanded, while digging his heel into the monsters windpipe. 'The master didn't say anything about you following me.'

While Ranma was speaking to the downed demon, Pugna's long tail was curling up behind Ranma, separating into the three whip-like limbs covered in razor like barbs that gave the demon it's namesake. Despite their friendship, Pugna did not like anyone standing on his skinny little neck, crushing his windpipe, or questioning his traveling reasons.

'Well, Pugna? Aren't you going to answer me?' Ranma sneered while leaning into the creatures' throat. 'Oh wait, I guess you can't, can you-urk!'

Ranma's statement was ended as all three barb tails wrapped around his own throat and pulled him back into a throwing maneuver. Said maneuver punched Ranma through the opposing wall and into the next room, where Ranma crashed through most of the other rooms content. Snickering, Pugna hopped up and began to follow his friend through the hole in the wall, and cackled at the sight his adversary was in.

Ranma was a tad disoriented from his unexpected flight, and very disoriented from his unexpected crash. He knew he wasn't in the guest room anymore; this room was far darker and had more furniture. Looking around, he noticed this room was littered with pillows and books, along with a small desk with a metal book, plugged into the wall by a tail. Looking over, he saw Pugna sitting in the hole-in-the-wall, laughing silently. Confused, Ranma was about to ask the little hellion what was so damned funny when he felt two arms wrap around him from behind while something soft pressed against his naked back.

"Hmmm... what an unexpected visit, Saotome-kun. If you wanted to go to bed with me, you should have just asked."

Groaning to himself, Ranma quickly rolled off of the bed as Nabiki lunged at him, missing his neck by mere inches, only to be whipped in the side by Pugna's barbed tails. Jumping up quickly, Ranma took a ready stance between Pugna, whom had perched in the hole Ranma had made, and Nabiki, who was levitating a few inches off the ground, eyes ablaze.

"Hey Ranma, who's this chick? Seems kind of... batty to me." Pugna questioned while emitting earsplitting giggles. Nabiki looked past Ranma, noticing the little demon for the first time.

"What in the Hell is that thing?" Nabiki asked while motioning her arm towards Pugna. "And why is there a hole in my wall, Saotome?"

Before he could answer, Pugna slammed into his back, pushing Ranma forward into Nabiki. The forward momentum sent the two confused teens crashing into the wall and onto the bed. Cackling, Pugna breathed gouts of green flames onto the pair, igniting them, and the bed, instantly.

"I just came to show you my newest technique Ranma." Pugna stated to the burning pile. "I haven't really decided on a name yet, but I'm thinking about calling it 'Soulfire.' What do you think?"

Sneering, Pugna floated above the flames.

"Oh, it seems you can't think. Guess I outdid myself this time!"

Bursting out of the green flames, Ranma gabbed Pugna by his throat and slammed him into, and through, the wall, then pulled him out and repeated the action a few times while Nabiki crawled out of the debris of her bed.

"It needs a little work, you little pincushion. It's good, but nowhere near my level of power. When will you learn that you will never be able to defeat me!" Ranma screamed, punctuating each sentence by crushing Pugna's face with his heel. "I'm getting sick of you popping out of nowhere with some retarded technique!"

After he was finished, he looked over at Nabiki and simply walked out of the room. All that was left was a bewildered Nabiki, ruined furniture, and a gurgling heap of crushed demon.

----------

Calmly walking downstairs, Ranma listened to the steady chopping of food emanating from the kitchen. Opening his senses, he detected that the magic user (couldn't recall her name to save his life) was in the kitchen, the Father was in the living room, and the ghost was…

Right behind him.

Fazing straight through Ranma's upper body while twisting around to face him, Kasumi grinned at him, inches from his face. Expecting more of a reaction from him, she was disappointed when all he did was smile and wish her a good morning.

"Ah, you're no fun. You were supposed to get scared." Kasumi pouted. Thinking for a moment, she fully righted herself in front of him and looked at him speculatively. "Wait, why aren't you afraid of me?"

Sighing, Ranma looked at her for a moment before answering.

"I'm not afarid of you because I am quite used to being around the dead. They are really not that bad, once you get to know them."

Finishing his statement, he simply walked forward and thru her (much to Kasumi's dismay) to the furo. While taking off his clothes, he set up a few spiritual wards, just in case. While soaking, he smiled when he heard Kasumi's soft swears emanating from the doors and walls around him.

As he began putting his clothes on, he groaned in exasperation when he sensed Pugnas energy hurtling towards him. Not a second later, Ranma was hit by a ball of glowing green fire, knocking him into the furo. Sitting up, he got hit with another dozen balls of hellfire.

'OK,' Thought Ranma. 'That stuff does hurt if you pile it on like that. Plus, it makes water boil.'

Rolling out of the furo, a slightly redder, slightly burned Ranma slowly stood up and prepared for another blast of fire to hit him.

He was not prepared for what did hit him.

Looking up, he saw hundreds of knives, buckets, soap, brushes, and many other items swirling around a vortex of glowing blue light. Squinting, Ranma could make out the spectral form of an enraged Kasumi in the vortex.

Howling with an inhuman rage, all of the flying items stopped and righted themselves, aiming directly at Ranma.
Before he could even mutter a swear, Ranma was buried underneath the mass of items, pinning him to the floor. He could barely make out Kasumi's words "No more wards" from his vantage point, before he lapsed into unconsciousness for a few seconds.

Ranma laid there for a few minutes before he began digging himself out. After five minutes of digging, he managed to crawl out of the pile and lean himself against the furo, waiting for his regenerative abilities to kick in. As he sat there, he suddenly remembered that Pugna was running around the house unsupervised.

That was when Ranma was once again ignited by another dozen flaming green balls, punching him through the furo and into the wall, where he hung limply, deciding to just sleep for a while.


Chapter Five Completed

Thanks to all of you who were kind enough to review my story, and sorry for the long wait. I've been pretty busy these last couple of weeks, and it didn't help that my computer has been giving my Hell.

Keep on reviewing and sending in ideas, for that is what fuels my imagination.

Next Chapter:
-Another encounter with the living dead
-Getting ready for school

Till next time,

Boon the Butcher