Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The dragon amongst wolves ❯ The problem with genders ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 8   The problem of genders

Continuing the Continuation of the Continuing Flash Back that Continues to Continue now continues (Seriously, some one stop me!) Every gapped at the girl thrashing on the bed.

There shock changed to horror as they watched on as the girl on the bed started to transform. Ranma started to grow larger by several inches and her hair started to turn black. Another scream tore from Ranma’s throat and this seemed to snap every one out of their shock and everyone sprinted into action. Kale jumped up and grabbed Ranma’s shoulders trying to keep her from coming off the bed as Umi gently grabbed Ranma’s cast and tried to keep it from moving.

Kai, meanwhile had darted to the door and began screaming himself. “Nurse! Nurse! Doctor! ANYONE? HELLO! We are in need of assistance here! HEY! CODE RED!”

One of the hospital nurses suddenly appeared obviously having heard the screaming and ran in the room as well.

“About friggin time,” Kai muttered. “I thought I was going to go into cardiac arrest.”

“What the hell is going on here?” The nurse demanded as he ran over to help the other two.

“I don’t know but help us hold her down. She’s too injured to move around like this.” Hajime replied as the nurse ran to the other side to help Umi.

They continued holding her still in an effort to keep the strain of her injuries as the nurse grabbed the in-house phone and was currently barking orders down the line.

After a couple of minutes Ranma’s shaking had stopped and they were able to let go of her. The nurse, Umi and Kale all looked at each other then down at the woman on the bed. In addition to her new height Ranma’s hair had completely changed and was now predominantly black with red tips. The height difference mainly consisted of several more inches from her original height and even her face seamed to have gotten longer, her cheeks now less rounded.

Kai took one look at Ranma and immediately ordered Umi and the nurse to find Ranma’s doctor. They took one look at the somber look on Kai’s face and immediately turned to do his bidding.

Hajime, meanwhile, stared down at the figure on the bed. So different than the face that he had been memorizing all morning.

“What-What happened?” he asked forlornly as he moved to take the girls hand into his once more.

Kai sighed as he once more sat down. “I have an idea of what has just transpired-”

Hajime’s head whipped around, a look of pleading, curiosity and dread all rolled into one marring his features.

Kai held up a hand, stalling any questions that were about to fly out of his mouth. “-I would like to have it confirmed first before I am sure, however.”

Hajime sighed and settled back down to wait for Dr. Ikari, his many questions would have to wait until the doctor’s arrival.

At the same time, Doctor Ikari groaned as she made her rounds in the ICU. It had not been a fun day so far. Two remissions and an emergency bypass.

All in all, Dr. Ikari was looking forward to the end of her shift.

So having a nurse suddenly run up to her and tell her that she was needed immediately, Dr. Ikari had to suppress the urge to strangle the nurse with her bare hands.

“What patient?” she demanded, already snagging the clipboard from the girls limp fingers. Once glance at the chart however and Dr. Ikari was already sprinting down the hallway before the poor hapless girl could open her mouth.

She burst into the room full throttle and immediately went to the bedside, uncaringly shoving Hajime to the floor. “What the hell did you do to my patient?” she screeched.

“Ah, you must be the lovely young woman who is treating Satome-san,” Kai said scathingly.

“What’s it to you old man,” Dr. Ikari growled, her stethoscope already moving around Ramna’s chest as she looked at the multitude of monitor screens. “I want to know what the hell happened to Ranma!”

“We don’t know!” Hajime finally snapped. “The only thing that happened was one of our subordinates accidentally spilled tea on her and then this!”

“OUT!” Dr. Ikari snapped. “That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Now get out so I can examine my patient!”

Hajime huffed as he heaved himself to his feet and turning, he marched out the door. Kai was slower however with his exit as he made his way to Dr. Ikari already examining the printouts.

“I am not the kind to repeat myself,” Dr. Ikari growled.

“No I suspect you are not,” Kai agreed. “I simply thought I would help you out a little.” Dr. Ikari raised her head and glowered at the old man but waited for him to finish. “I would suggest that you do a full body exam and er, check her reproductive organs.”

Dr. Ikari gasped and Kai scurried out of the room before the woman could have him thrown out of the hospital completely.

She stared at the retreating man and gestured to the entering nurse to close the door. With a deep breath, she began moving the girl’s hospital gown aside. Letting out a small cry of surprise she quickly told the nurse to go and have an exam room readied and got to work examining her patients new, unique form.

Hajime and Kai watched curiously as the nurse bolted out the door and ran down the hallway not unlike a startled rabbit.

“So,” Kai began. “Is she like some sort of witch doctor or is she just a bitch?”

Hajime let out a small huff of laughter, “I would say a bit of both,” he told the older man.

“Hm,” Kai nodded as he went back to watching the passer-by’s. “So, do they have food in this place?” he asked.

“Elder Kai!” Umi saw this as her cue to move to their side from her nearby hovering. “I am so sorry that I have done harm to the poor girl inside and I beg humbly-”

“Apology accepted,” Kai interrupted once more. “Go see if they have any melon bred left in that place they call a cafeteria.

Umi blinked before scurrying in the nurse’s wake towards the elevators. The two men shared a smile before they were interrupted by two orderlies suddenly entering Ranma’s room with a gurney and Dr. Ikari appearing in the open doorway gesturing for them to enter.

Sharing a look of curiosity and a bit of dread at having to face the formidable woman, they followed her into the now cramped room as the two burly men followed Ikari’s orders as they shifted Ranma’s unconscious form from one bed to the other.

Dr. Ikari turned to Kai. “Alright old man, just what the hell happened? And how did you know about her changed organs?”

“What? Hajime’s gaze swivled between the two, “what changed organs? What happened to her?”

“For starters, she isn’t really a ‘her’ now,” Dr. Ikari growled as she continued to glare daggers at the elder Hajime.

“What?” Hajime gasped. “What the hell does that mean?”

Dr. Ikari waved a hand in Ranma’s general direction. “I mean that she’s not a she! Hell, she’s not even a he!”

Hajime could feel his temper begin to boil. “Just what are you blabbering about?”

“I mean my patient is no longer the patient I started with!” Dr. Ikari snapped.

The two orderlies began to move Ranma out of the room and Hajime quickly stepped in front of them. “Wait, what the hell is going on? Where are you taking her?”

Dr. Ikari glared at him before turning to the two orderlies, “I grant you permission to use force to move this man out of the way.” Kai quickly grabbed Hajime’s arm and jerked him out of the door way. He may be over eighty but he still had the strength of the warrior he once was.

Dr. Ikari snorted in exasperation. “You really shouldn’t know where I’m takeing her but since I’m a nice person,” here she ignored Hajime’s huff of disbaleife, “I am sending Ranma down to x-rays, and having a sonogram brought up to see if there is going to be any issues that need to be address due to this… phenomenon.”

She turned to the orderlies who seeing that they had an open shot quickly pushed Ranma’s gurney out the room. “I’ll give Ranma something for the pain after I know what I am dealing with.” Dr. Ikari continued. “I can’t give her anything until I know whether or not I am going to have to operate on that leg again. Ranma has also opened two other wounds that I will stitch shut later.”

She turned murderous eyes towards the two men and pointed down the hallway pointedly. “You two can wait in my office. I don’t want you anywhere near any of the patients until I know what the hell is going on!”

Hajime stared at the ferocious woman before glancing back at the retreating orderlies. “Can you at least give us some idea of what happened?” he asked.

Dr. Ikura gave a twisted smile. “From what I can tell from the preliminary exam, Ranma is now a full working hermaphrodite.” And with that, the doctor turned and strode purposefully after her patient.

The two men stared after her. “Well,” Kai finally broke the silence, his voice as calm as ever. “You don’t see that everyday.”

Hajime merely fainted.