Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Secret of the Wild Horse ❯ Contemplation of the Past ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

This is the next installment of Secret of the Wild Horse, it came out better than I thought it would, I have this drafted right after I finished Chapter 4, I just didn't have time to look over it and didn't feel confident enough to push it out there, mainly because I was not confident at the time. Now that I have combed over, and thought about the progression of the story, I feel that I am more confident in continuing it.
 
Secret of the Wild Horse
 
Ho-Iatneh
 
Chapter 5: Contemplation of the Past
 
--Night of the Day after--
 
The school day finally ended, Ranma, or go by his other well-known name: Shadow Dragon, looks around the school yard, seeing there are the purple-haired bimbo, the angry blue-haired hothead, the kind-façade black-haired chef, and every body of the school trying to converge on him, he jumped down from his classroom from the third floor. All of this frustration can be quite simply explained, Biki-chan… ahem…the mercenary girl refuse to sell information on his body since their plan for an honorable escape is so close. There is still the need for this façade of coldness between himself and his fiancé, because neither wants commotion to begin due to a sudden termination of all engagements. As soon as school ended he immediately went to check his communication device, which contacted his master and employer, with a negative from Higure Yamazaki, or Shadow Runner. He bounded himself onto a roof and integrated himself into a pool of shadow and went into the Umisen-ken. Everything is set, every minute process of the plan are ready to go into initiation. There is a two per cent chance of failure. When, he arrived on top of the Water Tower, he took out a little vial of potion, which is his way of escape from this cursed place. Then immediately lamented into a deep recall as he looked at the strange orange-colour mixture, that is the instrument of his escape.
 
//Flashback\\
 
--11 years ago--
 
++Somewhere in Kyoto++
 
It was in the city of Kyoto, inside the dojo of an old Karate master, Ranma, at this time, was around the tender age of seven. It was exactly one year after his fat father, Genma taught him the dreaded Neko-ken. While Ranma was resting in a blind alley, his father had been roaming the street trying to borrow food without permission. Needless to say, trouble *ALWAYS* finds Ranma. A pact of hungry cats, which seemed to be starved to the bone, was chasing a very fat cat. The mouse just chose to turn into the blind alley that Ranma was waiting for his father to return. As the cats rounded the corner, Ranma's non-trained danger sense did not flare to gargantuan proportion, it did not even flicker for that matter. However, Ranma's fear of cats did.
Ranma tried as he wanted to scale a wall, which he failed and fallen into the midst of cats, which were hungrily devouring the little morsel of food that was the plump rat. The cats, of course, did not take a fallen boy from their food lightly and begun to “fight” the boy for this food. However the result of this was…
 
//Meowwwwwww//
 
Neko-Ranma was not happy that he the alpha cat was attacked by all of these inferior cats. He was obviously the best, and he fought back with such ferocity that all of the cats began to run away in fear. Neko-Ranma bounded aimlessly from rooftop to rooftop, and found a person of great patience, and of course, the person was sitting in seiza, what Neko-Ranma saw was a very comfortable lap, and bounded into the lap and begun purring up a storm.
 
To say Higure Yamazaki was surprised would be an understatement; through his hundred years of ninjitsu training no one was able to sneak up on him like the little bundle on his lap did. Years of trained reflexes, repeated itself as he drown his wakazashi and begun to descend upon the unsuspecting bundle on his lap point down. Then as he looked down he stopped the descent of the blade, a mere hair from the boy's exposed throat and recognized the Neko-ken. The bundle paid no heed to this dangerous development and just continued purring.
 
“Who could do such a thing to someone so young?” passed through the consciousness of the Yamazaki after a quick scan of the boy's psyche.
 
The Horobi clan has for the longest times a tie with all three of the warring tribes of Bakayalan Mountains in China. This treaty was made out of literally years of proposals and counter-proposals, the final proposal is that the Horobi clan would be the deciding role in all major conflicts. Major conflicts are defined as a war that has wiped out more than a quarter of the existing tribe of each tribe. This is where the Horobi clan would step in, to preserve the balance of the Bakayalan Mountains, the final decision of the Horobi clan decides is the law. Due to this law all Horobi clan members whether borne into or initiated into the tribe are exempted from all laws that binds a member to a tribe; however, an initiate of the Clan Horobi is not exempted from these laws. In exchange for this the Horobi clan agrees to protect all three clan if an outside threat comes into existence. Also all Horobi clan members are part of each clan. The Horobi clan can also gain access to all tribal scrolls including secret scrolls and techniques given that these techniques are only taught to clan members or initiates with strong intent of joining the clan. Furthermore, if there is no successor for the Horobi clan, the previous clan head of the Horobi clan could not die, the three tribes of the Bakayalan Mountains made sure of that.
 
Through the Musk tribes scrolls all Horobi clan members know the technique called false fury, which is a berserker-esque technique; however, with full controls of all faculties of their mind and bodies and with the full power of the berserker technique, it is said it is much more easier for people who already know berserker techniques to learn the false fury technique. The only other way for this kid in his lap to learn a berserker technique is to teach him the traditional way of gathering many similar creatures and throw the trainee in until he is driven past all inhibitions and mental faculties, in essence a mindless killer only a few can calm the trainee down.
 
“How could someone be so cruel to even consider training someone in the Neko-ken? Or the trainer just doesn't know the full potential and how lethal of doing such a thing to their charge. But each scroll has a warning that blatantly states the potential of the technique. I made sure of that when I sold those scrolls…” contemplated the Horobi clan ninja. The Horobi had sold those scrolls during Great Depression for the survival of the tribe. Now the backlash of that decision was beginning to emerge, the Neko-ken was used by the government to create unstoppable hand to hand combatants. However, none of these combatants can be controlled, so the Neko plan was a no-go, then a few years ago a thief stole the main scroll and all they manage to get was a picture of what look like a 3 foot tall blur. As the last true master ninja petted the little bundle in his lap, a small patriarchal sense of protection came up. The gentle vibration from his lap distracted his musing to the boy on his lap. As he look down at the boy, he made a decision to take the little boy in and raise him as his own since his last child has died before he did.
 
However, this child in his lap has the potential of reaching his level before he did.
“Interesting" he thought "I haven't seen anyone that has this much potential before, and considering the child did survive the Neko-ken. It only added to his somewhat delight, thinking the potential of this person on his lap taking over the Horobi Clan and he can finally sleep.
 
A/N: This concludes the fifth chapter of this series. It is suppose to be a 'guess what?' story. My plan is to alternate between this and Sweetness of Vengeance, but I do not know how I will accomplish this. This one will be 14 chapters in total, so hopefully I can finish this and my Sweetness of Vengeance within one year. I am also looking for a beta-reader, I prefer hentai-18ancilla to be the one ^.~ since he is so intrigued about where i got my ideas.
 
READ THIS: FROM THIS POINT ON IT WILL BE ALL FLASHBACKS BUT I WILL BE POINTING IT OUT TO BE FLASHBACKS, SO YOU CAN TECHNIQUALLY CALL IT AN ALTERNATIVE UNIVERSE FIC, BUT I SEE IT AS A CONTINUATION FIC.