Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Wounded (now with spacing) ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 4
 
At their first `business trip' Akane drove to Ranma's apartment, following his written directions, and pulled up next to the building as Ranma walked out. He raised a surprised eyebrow when he recognised her waving from behind the wheel. She opened the passenger door for him, and as he sat in he said,
 
“I didn't know you could drive..? Is it your car?”
 
“Yes! I bought it myself. It's cheap on the miles and is kind to the environment. Nabiki likes to have a chauffeur driving her around, but I prefer to have the control myself. Put on your seatbelt…”
 
“Yes, ma'am! Right away, ma'am!” Ranma grinned.
 
“Did you get a chance to look over the information I sent you?” Akane pulled out and drove off.
 
“Yeah… Your sister has some good sources. I've been there once, and I've heard several things about them, and most of what I remember I could find in your file.”
 
“Good..! If you happen to know any good informants, we'd love to get to know them. Things like that can give you bonuses…”
 
“What kind of bonuses?”
 
“That's up to you, really. Depends if you're a money-person, or if you prefer other things. For example, we had one person who gave us some really valuable info, and in return that person got to go to his local cinema for free for a whole year - including popcorn and soda… Another had a collectors-series that was incomplete and with some damaged pieces, and we helped him make it complete and flawless.”
 
“Hmm… Sounds cool… I'd better start thinking, then.”
 
Ranma leaned back and relaxed as Akane weaved them in and out of traffic in an expert way. Through the corner of his eyes he studied her, feeling shabby in his worn clothes next to her tailored suit. The dark blue tone drew out the blue colour from her hair, but the suit looked much like the one he'd seen her in the first time they met. He had put on his least worn pants, and a white sleeveless Chinese shirt. He fidgeted with his arm braces.
 
“Akane? There's one more thing you might wanna know about these guys we're going to.”
 
“Oh? What's that?”
 
“There's a rumour that they love to talk dirty to all the women they meet, and if they don't play along… Well, one of the guy's have this obsession with hot iron-pokes… Maybe it's best if we try to play along in the beginning?”
 
“Yeah, you're probably right. Thanks for the warning… By the way, maybe you should call me Tendo in front of the big boys, and I'll call you Saotome.”
 
“Good thinking.”
 
Just then Akane pulled up in front of a building slightly less shabby than the fight-club Ranma practised in.
 
“The offices are around on the back, but it looks like we've got an `escort'.”
 
Akane locked the car and lead the way, closely followed by Ranma and the `escort'. The door in the back opened magically for them before they reached it, and without hesitation Akane stepped through.
 
#8#8#
 
Ranma let out a breath he didn't know he'd held as soon as they were safely back in the car. He'd almost lost his temper at a couple of the remarks Akane had got inside, but fortunately she responded a lot better than he had. Obviously she was used to dealing with those kinds of things. No wonder, with the kind of jobs her sister gave her.
 
Akane pulled up her cell-phone and dialled a number.
 
“Hi sis, it's me… The deal's on… Yes… Yes… No, that went okay… Just one thing - I was thinking clothes-… Yes… That sounds great, we'll do it right now… What?... Do I have to?... Okay… I said okay… See you later… Bye...” Sighing, she put her phone down, and buckled up.
 
“Okay, we're going shopping.”
 
“Huh?” was Ranma's intelligent response.
 
“You need clothes-“
 
“What?”
 
“…to wear when we're out on business. Remember you're representing Tendo Enterprises now. It doesn't look good if we don't give the impression of success. Nabiki's orders.”
 
“Oh… Okay, but only the necessities! I don't need charity, I've got my own money.”
 
“Hey, don't get all sore on me now, it's nothing like that. I've also got a wardrobe strictly for work. Actually, I've got to pick up a dress Nabiki's ordered for me, so I'm not all that happy either.”
 
“Why not? I thought all girls loved to shop and get new clothes?”
 
“Sure, shopping's fun, but not when I'm not the one who decides what I'm to wear… We've got this big dinner coming up, and Nabiki wants us all to look our best. We're getting a suit for you also…”
 
Ranma groaned.
 
“Oh, shush Ranma… You don't have to wear a cocktail-dress, so you don't have the right to complain… We're going to the shop me and Nabiki use. We'll try out several things and get the tailor to sow them specially for you, delivered right to your doorstep. And here we are… now get your butt out!”
 
Ranma looked at the shop and felt no need to leave the car, but Akane somehow pulled him out, #wow, she's strong!# and into the shop, where 3 different clerks were all over them the second they stepped in.
 
“Miss Tendo, what a pleasure! How may we help you today? Would you like to see your dress now?” said the one who obviously was the manager.
 
“No thank you, Francois, not just yet. First I need your help to dress up Mr Saotome here. He's my new colleague, and he's in desperate need of a new complete wardrobe.” Akane pushed Ranma in front of her, and all 3 of the clerks started circling him like vultures.
 
“Yes, I can see what you mean. What would you like, Miss Tendo?”
 
“We can start with one Chinese suit, one western suit, some ordinary pants, silk shirts, and shoes. What have you got..?”
 
“Yes, yes, that sounds like a start. Paul, George! Let's start with the western suits.” Francois snapped his fingers and his two associates scurried away, soon returning with several loads of clothes.
 
Akane sat down on a chair and looked at and commented on the clothes as they went through what seemed like half the shop. In the end she had chosen a steel blue Chinese style suit, 5 comfortable dark cotton pants, 7 differently coloured cotton shirts, 3 Chinese style sleeveless shirts, 2 silk shirts with black dragons embroidered - one red and one golden, a stylish black western suit, and 3 pairs of all-round shoes. Ranma was more tired than he had been for months. #This is way worse than sparring!#
 
“Thank you, Francois. That'll do for now. Just one more second, Ranma, so they can get your measurements.” Akane grinned at the suffering expression Ranma wore, she had enjoyed seeing him in the different clothes.
 
“Should I bring out your dress now, Miss Tendo?”
 
Akane groaned but nodded him off, shooting a dark look at Ranma's smirk. “Don't you dare say anything!”
 
Ranma held up his hands peacefully, and slumped down into a chair as Akane walked off to the changing room. She was gone for quite a while, and he had dosed off when she talked to him.
 
“So, what do you think. Will this do?”
 
The first thing he saw when he opened his eyes were her small bare toes peeking through a pair of golden high-healed sandals, slim legs disappearing up into a shimmering, body-hugging dress in yellow, orange and red tones. The velvet fabric made it look like flames licked over her body as she moved, the dress clinging to her hips and waist with the top dipping down to show off a moderate amount of cleavage under her bare shoulders. Akane stroked her hands over her waist and hips, fussing with the dress. Ranma realised that he was staring with his mouth open, drool hanging from one corner. Quickly he wiped it off, closing his mouth, only to open it again without managing to form any words.
 
“What? What is it? Is it that bad?” Akane looked like she was about to cry, and Ranma's tongue kicked back into function.
 
“No, no, no! It's gorgeous! You're gorg-… I mean, Y-you look f-fine…” Ranma blushed furiously, fidgeting with his fingers, trying to stare at anything but her, but finding his gaze straying back to her again and again.
 
“Really?” Akane's smile lightened the store, and Ranma lost his brain-function again. Just then Francois came rushing.
 
“Oh, Miss Tendo, it's perfect! If I may say so, I've done an excellent job! It's a joy to make dresses to someone with a body and face like yours, you and your sister makes my clothes look better than any of my other customers..!”
 
“Thank you, Francois. I think I'm pretty happy with it myself…” she said, glancing at Ranma. “And you've done a great job with the split I wanted. It gives me much more flexibility than the last time I tried it. Thank you. Would you send it home, and put all the bills on our account?”
 
“Yes, Miss Tendo, at once.” He responded, tripping off to get the paper work done.
 
As Akane turned back to the changing rooms Ranma noticed the split she had mentioned. Not that it was hard to spot, as it went all the way from her ankle on her left side up to her hips, almost revealing her underwear.
 
- BONK - Akane looked back at the racket, and rushed over to where Ranma lay sprawled on the floor.
 
“Ranma, are you okay! What happened!” Akane kneeled down next to him trying to help him up, but he just fell over again, this time lying still, staring to her left. She followed his glazed look and saw that she now revealed the side of her black lace panties. Frantically trying to get back up, she tripped in her long skirt and landed on top of him. His arms automatically came up to steady her, grasping her waist, and they both froze, staring into each others eyes. Akane noticed that Ranma's eyes were dark and stormy, and his chest heaved against hers as if he'd just been running.
 
Ranma tried to decide what to do. His hands were almost shaking, feeling her warmth seep through the thin layer of clothes between them. His heart was thundering loudly in his ears, and he felt like he was hypnotised by her warm chocolate eyes. She looked shocked and insecure, her mouth a mute `oh' a few centimetres away. Then they heard returning footsteps and Akane scurried off of him, unintentionally giving him a peak down her cleavage as she scurried back on her knees before she ran for the changing room. Ranma dropped his head back on the floor, again and again, as one of the clerks came into the room. The man stared wide-eyed at Ranma before he squealed and ran over to help him up.
 
“Mr Saotome, are you all right? Oh dear, what happened?”
 
“Don't worry, I'm okay… It was clumsy of me, I dosed off and slipped off the chair…” The clerk ran anxiously around, offering all sorts of drinks and pillows and candy to Ranma who waved it all away. Finally he accepted a small cup of ice-tea to the clerks relief. Sipping it, Ranma tried to banish all the hentai thoughts that flooded his mind. #Shit! Deep shit! Oh man, I'm in trouble. I'm lucky I didn't get clobbered. She wasn't wearing a bra! My God, she's beautiful! Good thing I didn't spray nasal-blood all over the shop! Oh, I hope I haven't ruined anything with my STUPID behaviour… Stupid, stupid, STUPID!#
 
Ranma's train of thoughts was interrupted as a red-faced Akane came back in her business-suit. Ranma felt like he had new eyes as he looked at her differently now. Sure, he knew she was attractive before, but now he couldn't look at her without seeing the more intimate details he had just felt and seen. To him she was perfect. The things that might be `flaws' for other were just things that made her even more special to him, like the aggressiveness and control she'd shown before - to him it wasn't a bad thing. He'd never liked the silent, humble type anyway…
 
“We've got to go now, George. Say thank you to Paul and Francois for me, and... and we'll talk again later… ”
 
“I will, Miss Tendo. Thank you. Goodbye Miss Tendo, Mr Saotome.”
 
Ranma followed Akane silently to the car, driving back to his apartment in silence. As she parked in front of his building, he looked at her still blushing face.
 
“Akane, I… I'm sorry if I embarrassed you… I didn't mean to… It just… You were…”
 
“I-it's okay, Ranma.”
 
“No, it's not okay. I didn't mean to make you so uncomfortable. It was wrong of me to not control myself better, and I hope you can forgive me. I hope I haven't ruined anything, and I really want to deserve your trust.”
 
“Ranma… It wasn't really your fault. You didn't make me trip, I did that… Clumsy of me - heh…”
 
“Still, I should have had more control. I really would like to be your friend, and I hope I haven't scared you off.”
 
“…It would be nice to be friends. We can try that. I'll probably blush like an idiot for the next week or so, but there's nothing to forgive.” She smiled shyly to him, and he felt a weight lift off his racing heart. He smiled back and stepped out of the car, waving to her as he locked himself in and she drove off.