Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Wounded (now with spacing) ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 7
 
Ranma looked at himself in the full-length mirror he'd bought the other day, not quite believing what he saw. After getting his new wardrobe, plus some extra stuff later, he'd put it all in a spare room he had in his apartment, along with this new mirror. It was Akane who'd said he would need it for dressing up, and he'd reluctantly been dragged around `till they found one that Akane liked. The mirror fitted one of the small walls perfectly, a plain mirror with a masculine decorated frame - just the thing for the bachelorplayboy den. Right now the mirror showed a young, handsome man in a dark western style suit. The white shirt and black jacket fitted nicely, showing off his broad shoulders and extenuating his slim waist and hips. His black pants were comfortable, without any kind of restraints if there would be fighting, so it should be in no danger to be ripped apart by a high-kick. #I bet Akane has made the tailors crazy demanding to make all the clothes fighting-friendly… he he…# The black shoes shone, the leather having been polished that same day. They were surprisingly soft, without any squeaking sounds as he walked around in them in front of the mirror. He felt very dark and dangerous, the only light thing on him being his sparkly white shirt. Even his skin was darkened by the sun, and although he had shaved carefully he still had that rough look because of his dark hair and the scar tissue that was brighter than the rest of his skin. He tugged his shirt nervously and pulled at the jacked, getting enormous butterflies in his stomach at the thought of spending the entire evening in the same room as Akane wearing her flaming cocktail-dress. He'd been on the phone with Nabiki earlier, getting the info on the men they were meeting, and a remark from her had made his heart race.
 
“You know, Saotome, I've never seen my baby sister being so worked up about something. She's been in a state of panic since yesterday, running around looking for things that she's holding in her hand… And I don't know what you said to her when you two picked up her cocktail-dress, but she hated the thought of wearing the thing before that day… I should know, `cause I used a week to persuade her.”
 
“Uh… Well, I just told her the truth…” Ranma had squeaked.
 
“Hmm…Right… Well, thanks, it sure helped. She's a lot more open to my suggestions now than she was before. Just be nice to her, okay? Or I'll make your life hell. See you tonight!” Ranma had stared shocked at the phone for the longest time, torn between excitement at Akane's reaction on him, nervousness for seeing her tonight, and anger at the threatadvice Nabiki had given him.
 
Looking at his wristwatch, he tugged one final time at his jacket, picked up his cell-phone, wallet and keys and headed out. Locking up behind him, he skipped down the stairs humming slightly. He decided to enjoy the night, feeling better at the thought, and his mood lightened as he managed to get a taxi within a minute. Pulling up to a fashionable restaurant, he paid the driver and strolled in, where he gave his name to the head waiter and was escorted into a beautifully restored room in a late 20's style, with a live big-band and soft lighting.
 
“Saotome, there you are!” he turned and saw Akane rushing to him, gripping his arm fiercely. “Thank God you're here Ranma, I'm bored to tears!” she whispered conspiratorial to him. “Come, you must meet our business-partners.” She continued in a louder voice, pulling him towards a crowd of people on the other side of the room. “Gentlemen, this is Saotome Ranma, a valuable new asset in Tendo Enterprises.” Akane introduced him. He nodded to the men in the group; 4 faces he hadn't seen before but could connect with info that Nabiki had given him, and 3 others that he knew by reputation. Nabiki was also in the crowd, looking edible in a short silver creation that looked like it was poured over her body, and there were some girls he presumed had been brought by the men they clung to.
 
“Good evening, Saotome.” Nabiki drawled. “Now that we're all here, maybe we should eat before we move on to the business.” As she spoke, waiters came hurrying from the shadows, and soon they were all seated and delicate food was put out for them. Ranma sat with Akane on his right side and a blonde European woman on his left. Nabiki sat at the other side conversing lightly with the men on either side of her. Ranma turned to the blonde as she spoke to him in half-decent Japanese, trying to remember everything the Gentleman fighter had taught him about manners.
 
“This is the worst wine I've ever tasted! Don't you think so too, Mr Saotome?” she said complainingly, batting her eyelashes at him as she looked him over.
 
“I'm not that big a vine-expert Miss, but I trust your instincts.”
 
Giggling, the blonde put her hand on his arm, her long red nails digging lightly into the fabric of his jacket. “That is cute, I like you already Mr Saotome…” He tried to smile politely at her, and concentrated on his own meal, ignoring the way the blonde leaned over to give him a peek down her dress. He heard a whisper on his other side and turned to Akane.
 
“See? This is what I've had to endure for an hour before you came. I was ready to jump out a window to escape the endless chatting about useless servants, great make-up, the latest changes in the stock market, and how `delicious' I look in this dress… I mean - yuck! Some of these men are older than my father!”
 
“Well, you do look delicious, but I understand what you mean. I've never been much for conversation about make-up myself.” He whispered back, earning a discreet laugh from her.
 
“Hah..! By the way, the `lady' on your left side is the latest stage-actress imported, and property to the little-brother of the man with the control… if you get my drift… So you might want to make things look innocent between you…” she whispered, looking at him from the corner of her eye.
 
“Hey! I'm not the one playing easy here!” he whispered irritated back.
 
“It doesn't matter. Little-brother will have your balls on a silver plate anyway, he's pretty nervous about competition, and she's licking you with her eyes…”
 
“Ugh, that's disgusting! How long `till I can get away from here?”
 
“Don't worry, stud, just a few hours left tops.”
 
Ranma groaned, earning the attention of the blonde again.
 
“Oh no, aren't you feeling well? That's what I thought, the food isn't properly prepared. I'm going to let the manager know just how I feel when I get a hold of him.” She said in an evil tone.
 
“No, no, it's just my head. I've felt a head-ache coming all day, and naturally it breaks out now.” Ranma felt his fake smile could be spotted by a mile, but the blonde glowed happily back to him. He hoped he could fall back on the head-ache explanation later in the evening also, as a way to get out of conversations or worse.
 
“Poor you. Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?” She cocked an eyebrow, making a pretty clear suggestion with her poise. Ranma could feel a hard stare coming from the man on the other side of the blonde, and met the eyes of a weasel-looking man. His angry stare was meant to scare, but Ranma almost laughed. He turned his attention back to the blonde again, deciding to try to avoid trouble for once.
 
“No thank you, that's sweet, but I think it might help if I just get some food in my stomach.” He felt Akane pat him on the knee under the table like a good dog as he turned to his plate again, eating slowly. He managed to avoid getting pulled into any conversation for the rest of the meal, ignoring the lustful looks he got from the women and the glares the men gave him. As the dessert was finished, Nabiki gathered the bosses and sat at a more private table covered with papers and a small lap-top. Akane was dragged off to the dance floor with an older man, and Ranma blamed his head-ache as he thanked no to several of the women wanting to dance with him. He watched Akane being led across the dance floor in between couples, and kept a discreet eye on the rest of the men in the group. He was just admiring how the long split in Akane's dress gave him glances of her long smooth legs as Nabiki came up behind him and bent slightly down, whispering in his ear.
 
“You better go save my baby-sister now, Saotome, or she'll plaster the poor guy to a wall. I can see her body language screaming, and I doubt it's saying how much she loves the attention she's getting. I'd hate to have to arrange another meeting just because she couldn't control the situation…”
 
Ranma now noticed the way Akane had turned stiff, and smoothly stood up, nodding to Nabiki before he went up to the dancing couple.
 
“I'm sorry to interrupt, but could I have the next dance?” Ranma broke in. The man started to get red in the face, so Ranma quickly continued before he could erupt. “My boss wanted me to discuss some matters with Miss Tendo here, and it's kind of urgent…” The man calmed down slightly, and with an almost rude bow he walked away. Akane looked up at Ranma and smoothly stepped into his arms as he held them out. The band started a new, slow song, and they glided across the floor.
 
“So, what did sis want?” Akane interrupted the silence between them.
 
“Nothing really, she just thought you deserved some rescuing.” Ranma changed his grip slightly, pulling her closer. “It looked like you were about to cream the guy.”
 
“Yeah, I guess he was starting to get on my nerves.” Akane relaxed and placed her chin against Ranma's chest, letting him lead. “I can handle a fair share of dirty talking, even if it's accompanied with some staring, but he hardly ever looked above my neck, and I could feel his hands aching to grab me. The hand on my back had actually started to dip lower as you came and interrupted him…”
 
“What! The bastard!” Ranma said hotly, unintentionally crushing Akane harder to him.
 
“Hey, loosen up will you..! I was prepared to smear him to the floor, but thanks to you I didn't need to…”
 
“Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.”
 
“You've got to put some more muscle behind it to hurt me, but I think it might look odd for the others if you crunch me to you like that.” Akane laughed, looking up at him. “By the way, you look really good tonight. I think all the girls are deeply jealous of me now. It's a good thing you're coming up with such clever excuses. I'm no good with lies.”
 
Ranma admired the way Akane looked in the soft lights, the warmth of her seeping through his clothes. Her hips swayed gently, and he enjoyed the feel of holding her close. He even thought he could faintly smell perfume coming from her, like wild-flowers.
 
“I didn't exactly lie. The blonde really was giving me a head-ache, and we are talking about that disgusting guy - and he's involved in the business we're here to do tonight, right? So I didn't lie at all.”
 
“Ooh, you're slick.” She teased.
 
They danced in silence, and as the song ended he took her back to the table. Nabiki was gathering her papers putting them in a briefcase and closed the lap-top, waving them over.
 
“Here, Saotome, you can carry this for me. I believe our business here is concluded, and it's best to get all the papers safely home.” She turned to the men she'd been talking with. “Thank you, gentlemen, it's been a pleasure - as always…” With a polite bow and a chilled smile, she turned and beckoned for Ranma and Akane to follow. Ranma grabbed the things he was told to carry, and walked out after Akane.
 
“You should be glad to hear, little sister, that I've denied to give out your phone number several times this evening. There was even an attempt to bribe me…” Nabiki said coolly as they went outside.
 
“What? They tried to bribe you?” Akane was irritated.
 
“Yes, but it was pathetic really. And they couldn't object with the leverage I had.” Nabiki allowed herself a gloating smile at the thought. “Saotome, if you would put the briefcase and laptop in the back here.” She pointed at the same car she'd used the first time they'd met, and slid into the back seat after Ranma had put away her things. Akane smiled at Ranma before she went in after her sister.
 
“Bye, Ranma… Have a good night!”
 
“You too, and be careful..!”
 
“As always, Ranma. Don't worry, I know how to take care of me and sis - I'm a martial artist too… Do I have to remind you of it all the time?”
 
“Yeah, at least as long as I can still beat you” He grinned, waving them off as Akane stuck her tongue out at him with her head out of the open window.
 
#8#8#
 
Akane looked at herself in the mirror in their bathroom before she took off her dress. She wouldn't admit it to her sister, but she was glad Nabiki had chosen this dress for her. The reactions she had gotten thrilled her, but only when it came to Ranma. Before he'd joined them this evening she'd felt awful, the eyes of every man in the room undressing her, but the moment Ranma came she'd felt better. Not only did she enjoy the way his eyes rested on her, but it also kind of sheltered her from the rest of the men's stares. Just like when he'd asked her to dance when that awful old man had started to whisper disgusting suggestions to her. Some aspects of her deal with Nabiki always made her feel dirty, like having to tolerate the foul mouths of the thugs they made business with. She never tolerated anything beyond that, but it felt wonderful to have Ranma coming to her rescue, nevertheless.
 
Letting the delicate dress slide to the floor, she stood in the yellow silk bra and thong she'd bought the other day when Ranma had barged in on her. #He lets it shine through that he likes me, but I wonder in what way..? And how much do I like him..? I know I've never reacted to any other man the way I react to him, getting all shaky and flowing with adrenaline… I trust him completely, enjoying his company whether he's in his boy form or girl form - but in different ways, `cause when he's a girl I feel like he's my best friend, and when he's a boy… well… and I feel so proud whenever he trusts me.# Studying the way she looked in the mirror, she turned from side to side, and slowly stripped out of her underwear, finally standing naked. #I wonder what he sees when he looks at me… Does he see the tomboy..? Or a friend maybe, like I'm just one of the guys..? Or does he see what I see - a lonely, young woman…#
 
Sighing, she put on a yellow cotton pyjamas, carefully hanging her dress on a clothes hanger, and walked back to her room. Hanging the dress so she could see it from her bed, she crawled under the covers and admired it until she fell asleep.
 
Ouch, maybe a bit too cheesy on the end there... Oh well, I'll leave it like that for now...
 
And just so it's said - I have nothing against blonde Europeans! Hell, I'm an European myself, and blonde too... Well, dark blonde, but still... No offence intended!