Real Bout High School Fan Fiction ❯ A Different Kind of Sparring ❯ Ryoko's POV ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: The Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School manga belongs to its creators, Reiji Saiga and Sora Inoue.

Note: This story is written in the POV of one of its main characters, Ryoko Misturugi and her mixed-up feelings for her archrival, Shizuma Kusanagi. I suggest reading the manga before you come across this story. You won't really understand it if you don't. But whether you do or not, I hope you enjoy this story. Here it is.

A Different Kind of Sparring

This is just great. Just when I'm getting over that spar with the Neanderthal, he pops into my head. What the hell is wrong with me lately? This really pisses me off, or does it? I don't know anymore.

It was like I was enjoying that spar with Shizuma. Actually, I was. He's the only person other than Tatsuya and Azumi who can put up one hell of a fight. I hate to admit it, but he is one hell of a fighter. He could be good-looking if he didn't have that damn mono-brow.

Aaaaaah, what am I saying? I've got to clear my head and get Shizuma out of my head. I really love Tatsuya, or is it something else?

Come to think of it, it all started when he first came on the scene. I'll have to admit that I thought he was kind of cute but real annoying. Oh, what am I thinking? Me and these mixed-up feelings I have. This is insane. Why am I feeling this way about Shizuma in the first place?

I no longer think Tatsuya and I have a chance now that he's moved to Osaka. It was probably never meant to be. Just thinking about it is enough to make me cry. Come on now. No more tears. Screw it! He probably likes Shiori anyway. They are childhood friends after all.

But it was weird when Shizuma came to see me after the K-fight with Azumi. Was I seeing things or was there concern in Shizuma's eyes? Hitomi was right. He does have pretty eyes. Oh, great. There I go again, thinking about him. This is Shizuma Kusanagi, the monkey-browed Neanderthal, who does whatever it takes to piss me off.

Man, was I wrong. He didn't really come to see how I was doing. Or did he? He came by to strangle me for fighting with Azumi twice. I know the first fight was meant for him, but she really pissed me off when she went to go talk to Tatsuya. Oh, who am I kidding anyway? I mean he may have been the president of the Kendo Club, but I saw him as much more than that.

But I've thinking about Shizuma lately. Why? He is the most arrogant, self-centered, hot-tempered person I've ever met. Not to mention, he always finds a way to piss me off. Didn't I say that before? Oh, well. Is his teasing a sign that he likes me back? Oh, Kami, I hope not. What's wrong with me?

What is it about him that makes me think of him constantly? Maybe Hitomi and that stalker Daisaku are right. Maybe I do care about him. I honestly was a bit concerned when he fought Mr. Saotome a while back and getting a bit excited watching him fight. I have to admit that he is good, really good. There I go again, thinking about him.

I wonder how he feels about me. Wait a minute. Why should I care? I can't be falling in love with him, can I? Maybe I am. I don't know. I mean, we do have something in common. We both like to fight to see who the best fighter is. It's too bad we never had a real chance to fight in a K-fight. But I have a feeling that somewhere down the line, that's about to change. I can't wait for that day to come.

There isn't anyone good enough to be in a real fight, except for that Neanderthal. The dojos don't provide enough training for me anyway ever since Tatsuya moved to Osaka and Azumi graduated and getting for college soon. What a bunch of amateurs, those students from those dojos. Oh, well. I might as well go home, have aunt Madoka look at these bruises, and get some rest. Man, is she going to have a hissy fit.

What's this? Who is this girl and why is she staring at me? She's starting to give me the creeps. A fight? With Shizuma? Who put her up to this anyway? I bet it's that sleazy Isozaki? What the hell is he up to and what does he want with me? I might as well have a chat with him. Until next time.

Damn! I never thought it would be this short. Oh, well. I ran out of ideas. That's it. I'm going to make this story more than one chapter. Next up is Shizuma's POV. I'll probably have other POV's. I hope you like this story so far. Sorry if it's short. Later. ^_^