Real Bout High School Fan Fiction ❯ A Different Kind of Sparring ❯ Shizuma's POV ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School is owned by Reiji Saiga and Sora Inoue and published by TOKYOPOP.

Note: This manga is the funniest you'll ever come across. This story is about the love/hate/respect/more hate/more love relationship between Ryoko Mitsurugi and Shizuma Kusanagi. Chapter 2 is seen through Shizuma's POV.

What's the deal with me today? Ever since I sparred with that Sasquatch, my mind has gravitated towards her. Why me? Of all the chicks in Japan, I have to come across that Titan Girl, Ryoko. Uptight, hot-tempered, irritating and cute Ryoko Mitsurugi. Wait a minute. Cute? Did I just put cute and Ryoko in the same sentence? Damn, I must have it bad for this chick.

Maybe it's because we have something in common. We both love to fight. The guys I fought in those K-fights were rookies compared to Ryoko, with the exception of that psycho teacher Saotome. Maybe Daisaku is right. Maybe I did find someone who cares about me. Aaaaaah, what am I saying? That ain't true, right? I can't help but wonder.

But it's not like she'll ever admit it anyway. Damnit, I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.

Since when have I got this thing for her? I don't know. I guess it was when we first met and it's been getting worse and worse. Or should I say better and better? Either way, I guess that's where it all started. The way she fights kind of attracted me to her from the beginning. She really knows how to kick ass. The way she handles that sword is as if she was dancing around those hacks.

Man, I wish she was going to Ikebukuro tonight. I know there are going to be guys who couldn't throw a decent punch if their worthless lives depended on it. But I know she's still hung up on that Tatsuya. She doesn't have a chance in hell with that guy. He probably likes that drama club chick anyway. Will that Sasquatch ever get the message?

If she had any brains, she would.

Anyway, let's see. What should I do to piss her off in the future? Hmm, maybe I should get Daisaku into this. He is good at stalking Ryoko and driving her nuts. But first things first. I gotta go kick some loser ass later on. Damn, I wish she was there. It would be the most exciting match I ever had since the expulsion match. I'll have to admit he was pretty good, getting a few shots in. I really do want to fight him again.

But there is one person that I really want to have a true match with is Ryoko. I mean, she is looking for tougher opponents and I was looking for the same thing. I can't help but think back to that sparring match we had and all those other times we fought side by side. I can't believe Daichi thought there was something between us, that big oaf. What the hell does he know anyway and where does he get off telling me how to live my life? Only one person makes decisions in my life and that's me.

But sometimes I wonder about Daisaku. I know him and yet, I don't know him. I wonder how is it that he gets his info. Ever since I met him at Godai High School, I couldn't help but wonder. Is he the defenseless kid, who does nothing but hold just to go little Miss Samurai or is there more to him than I thought? Oh, well. I know, I know. I'm getting off the topic here.

Ah, this is getting boring. What does it take to find some competition around here anyway? Grrrrrrr, that little princess was supposed to be MY opponent in that first K-fight and she gets her, not once but twice. She really did a number on Ryoko the second time they fought. I was concerned and pissed that she wore herself out like that, even though it didn't look that way and I was hungry. Good thing I took that snack. It sure hit the spot.

Man, I really liked the look on her face when I told the teacher that she was copying my paper during finals. That was a lot of fun. I'd do anything to provoke her and get out of finals. Yep, I sleep a lot in class. But that doesn't mean I don't get anything done. I never got around to studying anyway. Kicking ass and taking wallets is more my thing. I've had no time for my favorite hobby. Oh, well.

This sucks. Is there any way for me to have a real fight with Ryoko? What's this? Ow, ow, ow! Damn, she can really whack someone with that wooden sword! Now, my arms are starting to hurt! Look at these bruises. If I'm going to kick ass later on tonight, I'm definitely going to use kicks instead of fists. I have to put some ice on these arms `cause I never know who I'm going to fight. But I just can't help but wish Ryoko was going. I might as well hit those Ikebukuro punching bags.

What the hell is wrong with me? Why do I keep thinking about Little Miss Samurai? With every day that passes, I think of her more and more. Am I in love with her? Nah, can't be, can it? Is my taunting and provoking her a sign that I like her? Damn, I don't know but everyone else seems to think so.

There's one other thing that bothers me, and that's Ryoko's true feelings about me. She may say that I'm a Neanderthal and a monkey. But are her feelings the opposite of what she says about me? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know for sure.

Why am I wasting my time thinking about all of this? I'll just put these thoughts on the back-burner for now. I got places to go and ass to kick. Maybe there is a way to have that samurai chick in a real fight this time. I'll just have to wait and see. Oh, well. Later.

Aw, man. Another short chapter done. Oh, well. I'll pick it up on the next chapter. Next up is Hitomi's take on this. Later. ^_^