Real Bout High School Fan Fiction ❯ A Different Kind of Sparring ❯ A View from the Sidelines ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Samurai Girl: Real Bout High School and its characters are owned Reiji Saiga and Sora Inoue.

Note: This chapter is the relationship between Shizuma and Ryoko through Hitomi's POV. Read and enjoy.

A Different Kind of Sparring: A View from the Sidelines

I don't understand why Ryoko denies it so much. She knows very well that she likes Shizuma. OK, so he's not like Tatsuya, but I don't see anyone else with her. After all, I hear that he's in love with Shiori from the drama club. There's no chance Ryoko will ever be with Tatsuya. I should know. I mean, I am her best friend.

I've seen the way she looks at Shizuma when no one else is looking. He is cute in a wild kind of way, with his spiky navy blue hair and his cocky attitude. I've also seen the way he fights. Ryoko definitely likes that in a guy. She's told me that he almost beat her in a sparring match.

Shizuma shouldn't deny his feelings for Ryoko either. The way he bothers her all the time is a clear sign that he likes her a lot. I've also seen the way he looks at her from time to time during class.

I'm sure Azumi has a feeling that Ryoko likes Shizuma. She did ask her how she felt about him. I guess that early morning K-fight before school was Ryoko's wake-up call about her feelings for her true love. And her true love is NOT Tatsuya. Man, Azumi did a number on her. In a way, I'm glad they fought it out.

Wow, Shizuma can scream. I can tell that he was concerned about Ryoko and how she pushed herself…until he started strangling her, ranting about how he was supposed to fight Azumi. It was a funny sight though. It was even funnier when all her fans came to visit her at the nurse's office and Shizuma ate her snack. I really enjoyed drinking with Mr. Todo.

I wonder what will happen after this. Whatever happens, I hope she'll be careful. I haven't heard from her after that until now. She's fighting some strange man. I think he's called G. What is going on? Was all of this a setup to get me to reach her? At least, she tells me what took place during her fights. What does he mean by two against one? I don't know how to fight like Ryoko does. He's really starting to scare me. It's all Isozaki's fault. I hope he gets caught by Mr. Todo. How dare he think that he can toy around with Ryoko's skills.

Then he goes on to say that he likes to find out the principles people use in order to live their lives and smash them to pieces. Oh, be careful, Ryoko.

No, this has to be a nightmare. I've never seen anyone beat Ryoko the way this guy did. He must be pretty skilled in order to do that. I have to see if she's okay but I go down hard. The last thing I hear is Ryoko faintly calling my name before I pass out.

When I come to, I see a bruised Ryoko. This G not beat her but broke her wooden sword. Thank goodness I brought that first-aid kit. But I'm glad she won't let this break her spirit. Those thugs have to pay. I know Ryoko and the Shinsengumi will come out victorious in the end. Until next time.

I guess that's it. I hope they come out with Volume 6. Only time will tell. Later. ^_^