Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ London Rain ❯ Volume One, Chapter Two: Bond Package ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Bond Package
Rosemary entered Bridget’s room the next morning.
“Bridgey!” she said as she shook her daughter awake. “Get up!”
“Mmmh!” Bridget groaned. “Rosemary!” The journalist rolled over and turned her back to her mother.
“Get up, come on now,” Rose said.
“It’s Saturday,” Bridgey mumbled.
“But Mrs. Young called and I said you would be happy to baby-sit Faith,” her mother explained. That made Bridget open her eyes wide and sat up straight.
“What?!?” she cried out. Rosemary nodded.
“Mrs. Young seemed desperate and called you,” she went on.
“I can’t believe you!” Bridget cried.
“Bridgey…” Rose began.
“Rosemary,” her daughter cut in. “Next time, let the answerphone get the calls!”
So now, here Bridget was. Dressed and awake on a Saturday. And why? Just to baby-sit Faith Young!
Faith was James’ younger sister. She and Bridgey once got along. But after James dumped Bridget, Faith turned on her. The girl gave the journalist nothing but hell.
Bridget rang the Young’s doorbell. She waited sickly.
Why Rosemary? Why?, the woman thought. Bridgey wanted to run away. But where would she go? Faith was inescapable.
Bridget heard footsteps on the other side of the door. Her heart raced. Here comes the nightmare. Bridgey readied herself.
Here she comes!, she thought.
The door opened wide. Bridget grew nervous. A young girl of twelve stood in the doorway. She had navy hair in pigtails. The girl was dressed in her school uniform. She looked pretty bored.
“What?” the girl asked. Bridget was stuck. What should she say? What could she say?
“Uh…” the journalist began. “Hi…Faith.” The girl rolled her eyes.
“Oh,” Faith said dully. “What do you want?” Bridget stood firm.
“I’m here to baby-sit you.” she answered. Faith rolled her eyes.
“Ple-ase!” she hissed. “I’m twelve years old, not a baby. So you might as well leave.”
My thought too!, Bridgey thought. Faith stepped outside and began walking off.
“Hey!” Bridgey yelled. Faith didn’t stop.
“Hey!” the journalist yelled again. The girl didn’t stop. Bridget grew annoyed. She ran after the girl. Faith still didn’t stop. Bridget ran faster. The girl smirked and kept walking. Bridget ran until she caught up with her. Faith turned to see her baby-sitter panting.
“What took ya?” she asked. Bridget panted hard.
“*Pant* Did you *pant* not hear me *pant* calling you? *Pant*” she questioned at last.
“Yes,” the girl said. The journalist looked at her oddly.
“Why didn’t you stop?” she asked. Faith grinned.
“Cause,” the girl answered. “I wanted some entertainment.” Bridgey’s stress grew at that comment.
“Where are we going today?” Bridget asked.
“You’ll see!” Faith said smartly. The journalist grew suspicious.
“Where?” she asked. The girl smiled and walked on. Bridgey grew bad feelings about this.
The ladies made it the cinema. The line was long. Bridget stared at the line and building. Faith was excited.
“Uh…” Bridget spoke up. “Why are we here?” Faith said nothing. She only pointed forward. The journalist looked up.
A bright red poster showed above. It was a poster a young girl with a violin in the center and a young couple above her in a passionate embrace. “The Rose Symphony” was what it was called. Faith was overjoyed.
“Let’s go,” Bridget spoke up.
“No,” the girl replied. The journalist looked.
“No?” she asked.
“I asked mum if I could see ‘The Rose Symphony’ today and she said I could.” Faith cut in. Bridget hung her head and sighed.
“Fine,” she said. “We’ll see it.”
“Yay!” Faith yelled.
Why did I say that?, the journalist thought pitifully.
Faith and Bridget got into a line. This was not how Bridgey wanted to spend her Saturday. She wanted to be home, not with this brat. But sadly, she was here. So now, Bridgey had to grin and bear the truth.
Surprisingly, the line sped up. Bridget felt a little better. The faster this went, the faster she could go home. Faith didn’t care. She would see her picture and be happy. Time had just sped up.
Soon, the girls were three people behind the ticket booth. The pain was ending. Bridget could relax now. Just three more people.
At last, Bridget and Faith were next. A happy song danced in Bridgey’s head. Liberation was here.
But then came the nightmare. The tickets were sold out. Faith looked pissed. Bridgey wanted to cry.
No!, the woman thought. Her child companion began to throw a tantrum. And boy what a hussy fit it was. Faith could be heard from the café across the street. Bridget would have given anything to smack the little brat in the cake hole. Why? Why did Rosemary answer the phone? Why?
“Psst!” a voice whispered to her. Bridget looked up. A young looking boy stood beside her. He had on a dirty baggy t-shirt and equally dirty sagging jeans. His sandals were worn out to the core and his hair was a complete mess. Bridger had a nervous feeling about this boy. But she had to be polite.
“Yes?” Bridget asked the boy. The boy smiled.
“Miss,” he began in a low voice. “I have two tickets for ‘The Rose Symphony’ picture to get her quiet.” Then, the youth slowly pulled two red and white tickets out of his deep pockets and handed them to her.
The baby-sitter grew suspicious. This was too good to be true. There had to be a catch somewhere.
“How much are they?” Bridget asked. The boy kept his composure.
“Only about 194.118£.” he replied. The color drained from Bridgey’s face.
“194.118£?!?” she choked out. The boy nodded easily.
A scalper!, Bridget thought. I should have known!
“Uh…” she began. “That’s kind of you, but no thank you.”
“Ple-ase!” a young girl’s voice pleaded. The baby-sitter and the scalper turned. Faith stood to her feet. She was grinning from ear to ear. Apparently, the kid heard the whole deal.
“No,” Bridget said. “I’m not breaking the law!”
“Please!” Faith begged.
“Yes, please!” the young scalper begged along with her. “No!” the baby-sitter snapped. Faith and the scalper kept begging.
At last, Bridget caved into pressure. She bought the tickets and Faith was happy. But the baby-sitter felt rotten all over. “I feel like a doormat!” she thought. Faith didn’t care. She got what she wanted. That’s all that mattered.
The cinema was lovely. It was a busy place. People were rushing in and out. Bridget felt sick. People were staring at her and Faith. They witnessed the kid’s hissy fit and pitied Bridgey for it. This was embarrassing. Why Rosemary? Why this? Why?
“Hurry up, fatso!” Faith yelled. Bridget looked up. Her companion waited near the balcony entrance. Bridgey sighed and rolled her eyes. Then, she followed the child inside.
The adverts were still running on the screen. Bridget sighed. They were early. That was great. For now…
Faith sat in the front of the balcony with her home brought treats. Bridget sat next to her. She was nervous. Faith was unpredictable. Anything could go. Any-thing…
Faith was quiet so far. Bridget still felt sick. It was only a matter of time…
Soon, the picture began. Tension grew higher. Bridger grew sicker by the minute. It would crash down like a boulder. Oh the pain! Ten minutes went by. Still nothing. Bridgey began to relax.
But then disaster struck. Faith grew bored with the endless singing. She had expected lines and singing in the film. Bridgey didn’t like it from the start.
Faith leaned over the edge. She looked to see if anyone was watching. They were into the screen. The girl grinned like a cat.
Perfect!, Faith thought. No one’s watching! She then put in a mouth full of candy. It was super sour with a sweet core. It was Faith’s favorite treat. This was going to be good.
Faith leaned over the edge closely and spit the candy out below. People were grossed out quickly. Faith grinned in satisfaction. She decided to do it again. So she did.
Pretty soon, Bridget looked up. She saw Faith leaning over the rail. The woman grew worried.
“Faith?” she asked. No reply. Bridget grew sick. She rushed to the girl. But only, to find out the truth! Faith looked up grinning. Bridget caught on.
“What did you do?” she hissed. The girl didn’t answer. She just stuffed more candy into her mouth, sucked on it, and spit it back out below. The complaining grew louder. Bridget was trapped with herself. What now?
Just then, help arrived. An usher flashed his light on the ladies. They jerked up quickly. Bridget was relieved.
An angel!, she thought.
“Keep it down or we’ll have to ask you to leave.” the usher said calmly. Bridget nodded. But Faith had other plans. She stuffed even more candy in her mouth and sucked on it. Bridget and the usher watched closely. Faith smiled devilishly. Then she spit her candy out at the usher. Bridget was mortified. Faith just laughed. The usher grew angry.
“Out!” he barked. “Get out!”
“Gladly!” Faith yelled back. “This picture was crap anyway!” Then she stormed off. Bridget grew redder and followed behind. The usher walked them to the exit.
Later that evening, Bridget sat in the bathtub. Her head was throbbing. Faith wore her out! She hated when Rosemary answered the phone for her.
*Sigh* I need to change me number!, Bridgey thought.
Bloody Hell