Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ London Rain ❯ Volume One, Chapter Six: These Words ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

These Words

-Bridget-

I have another problem. I think my boss likes me. I mean, really fancies me. He wasn't coy about it either. It all started last month. I found a bouquet of white roses on my desk. I stared at them blankly.

“Huh?” I asked.

“Those are lovely,” one of the ladies said as she passed my desk.

“Uh… thanks?” I said.

“Where are they from?”

I looked for a card. “It doesn't say. I don't see a card.”

“Ooo, secret admirer!”

I tried not to laugh nervously. “Yeah, I can see that.” I didn't have a good history with surprises. My eyes shifted left and right. The office lacked in the attractive blokes. It made me cringe at the thought of who was sending me flowers.

It didn't stop there. Every morning, I found white roses on my desk. No card was ever included. My female coworkers giggled and made jokes.

“I wish I had a secret admirer too,” one of them said. I, on the other hand, wasn't took thrilled. Who was this bloke? Why did he fancy me so much? Why didn't he come out and talk to me like a normal person? I would get the answers to my questions soon than I had hoped.

On Sunday, I was in for another surprise at home. It was my day off. I had just planned to sleep in for the morning.

“Bridgey!” Mum shouted. “You got a package in the mail!” I sat up, slowly drawing my eyes open.

“What?” I asked. The words took their time to sink in. “Huh?” I jumped out of bed and ran down the hall. Mum stood in the doorway with a gold box in her hand.

“They're for you,” she said.

“What is that?” I asked.

“A box of chocolates.”

“From who?”

“It didn't say.” My jaw dropped as I backed up to the stairs. How did this guy know my address? This was getting creepy. I couldn't phone the bobby. There was no crime being committed. I didn't know who this was or what to do.

“Be flattered, dear,” Mum told me. “I wish I would still get chocolates in the mail.”

“No!” I said. This was bad, really bad. It would get worse the next day.

I decided to take my problem to Nathan the next morning. I knocked on his door.

“Enter!” he shouted. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Nathan sat at his desk, filling out paperwork. He looked up and noticed me.

“Bridget,” he said. “What brings you by?”

“I'm having a bit of a problem at work,” I said. He lowered his pen.

“Oh? What's on your mind?”

I shifted in place. “Well, someone keeps leaving roses on my desk. I think someone sent me chocolates to my house yesterday.”

“I know.”

My face dropped. “What?”

Nathan stood up. “I sent them.”

“What?!”

Nathan raced over to me. “I fancy you! Please date me!” I ended up with nothing to say. What the hell just happened?

Love Shock