Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ London Rain ❯ Volume Two, Chapter Eight: Sister Dear ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sister Dear

“No!” I was quick to say.

“Come on, please?” James said. “It's just for tonight.” I rolled my eyes.

“Why do you keep dumping you sister on me?” I asked. “She hates me.” I forced myself to smile and wave as Deb walked by. James did the same.

“No, she doesn't,” he said.

“Could've fooled me,” I muttered under my breath.

“What?” James asked. I wrinkled my nose and shook my head.

“Please?” James begged. “I'll make it worth your while.” I rolled my eyes.

“No,” I said again. “Hoy many times do I have to say it? No! I don't want to watch your sister. No, damn it! No!” I slammed my fist onto the desk. Everyone was staring at me now. I cleared my throat.

“No,” I said once more. “Don't ask me again, okay?” James stared at me.

“Alright,” he said.

“Thank you,” I said. James turned and walked away. I sat back, smiling to myself. That felt good.

---------

Guess what happened. Yeah. I stuck with the brat. Fuck my life, right? How did this happen?

I nervously laughed. Well… His mum and my mum stepped in. I tried. Boy, did I try. I couldn't go up against two old ladies. I am still pathetic.

Faith glared up at me.

“What do you want to do?” I asked. She snorted at me.

“Why are you here?” she asked. I frowned at her. So nice to see you too. I pressed my hands together.

“Look,” I said. “I don't want to be here. You don't want me here. Can we just get through tonight without any headaches?” That little brat glared at me. Why did I bother? That was too much for her to ask. It always is. I frowned at her. Why is she so evil? Faith rolled her eyes.

“Whatever,” she muttered. She walked out of the living room.

“Where are you going?” I asked. She turned and sneered at me.

“My room,” she said. “I have homework.”

“Do you need any help?” I asked.

“I can do it myself,” she said. “Thank you!” She stamped her foot and walked down the hall. I rubbed my forehead. That little bitch…

My phone rang. I quickly pulled it out. Oh, it's Hal. I quickly answered my phone.

“Oh thank you. She's just evil!” I cried.

“Uh… Hello to you too,” Hal said.

“Oh, sorry,” I said. “How are you?”

“Fine, thank you,” he said. “And you?”

“I'm in hell!” I wailed.

“Do you need me to come over?” Hal asked.

“Yes!” I cried. “She's just evil!”

“Be there in ten minutes,” he said. I took a breath.

“Thank you so much!” I said. I hung up and flopped back onto the couch. I started to smile to myself. I could always rely on Hal. This bliss was short-lived when I noticed Faith staring at me with her arms folded across her chest.

“What?” I asked.

“I'm hungry,” she complained.

“But you had dinner,” I said.

“I'm still hungry,” she said. I rolled my eyes.

“Fine,” I muttered. I sighed as I got up and walked to the kitchen. I hate my life.

Baby-Sitting Hell