Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ At a Glance ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Well, here goes my disclaimer. I don't own them…probably never will…that's just how it goes, right? I do own Lena, Cat the Fuire family, as well as the other various characters I introduce.
 
Here you are. The beginning of a new story, chapter one. I can't say my writing is popular, but the fact that people are enjoying it really makes me smile and say thanks to each and everyone of them that makes it known as such. So thank you all, and I hope that you like this chapter as well!
 
At A Glance
 
Chapter 1: Surprises
 
 
Ryo yawned, stretching as he got of the plane. He glanced over at his friends, Sage, Kento, Rowen, Cye, Mia and Yulie each in turn, noticing the signs of fatigue and jet lag on each of them. Shaking his head, he went over to stand next to Mia, smiling at each of them, “Alright. We are here. What do we do now? I don't think that they will understand all of us Japanese speaking people right off.”
 
Mia smiled cheekily, “That's why you guys can speak English, right? I know you learned it in school, and I can help with the rest along with Cye. It will be a snap!”
 
“Alright, so who are we supposed to meet?” Sage asked, looking over at the young woman.
 
“We are going to meet Mr. and Mrs. Fuire here. And before you ask again, no Lena doesn't know we are out here, and keep your mind links closed off to her so she can't figure it out,” Mia said, looking at each of them, “I know it's the first time in nine months since you could do it, but give us a break here.”
 
The guys laughed as Kento slung an arm around Mia as they walked out of the terminal, “You don't have to worry, Mi. Sis won't know we are here at all! Well…until we get there and see her…cause she shouldn't be able to sense our auras…and..”
 
Rowen laughed, “What he means to say is that you don't have to worry about us, we have it under control!”
 
Mia smiled, nodding at that as she led the way to the area that she was supposed to pick up the baggage and find their kind hosts, “Just listen. The Fuires are having us stay at their house. It's a kind offer, especially since they have…what…four, five children of their own to look after? So remember, manners. Those kids don't know all the violence you guys have…so try to keep that in mind.”
 
The guys rolled their eyes tolerantly, having heard all this before. They smiled to each other with a nod of their heads, walking forward at a steady pace. Mia continued on with her warnings as they stopped, glancing over at two adults standing next to each other. The man had graying brown hair and eyes the color of hazel, for all the fact that he wasn't even forty, and used a cane to help him stand. His eyes spoke of a jolliness, yet his stance told all that he could be stern. His hair sported a military buzz cut. He held onto a sign that had Mia's last name written on it in English.
 
The woman beside him looked to be about thirty-five. She had a smiling face, and an obviously joyous demeanor. Here was where the guys could see resemblances. Shockingly, Lena looked almost exactly like her mother. Dark brown hair that, in her mother's case, had been slightly lightened with age and sun, and her brown eyes were every bit as lively as they remembered Lena's to be. However, this woman was obviously not the tomboy that Lena was, since a skirt and nice blouse was her chosen attire. Sure, it wasn't what she always wore, but the style the lady held up to was a casual nice theme, and she wore more pink then Lena was ever sure to wear in her line of choices.
 
Mia walked forward to where the couple stood, smiling as she switched into English to speak to the two, “Are you Mr. and Mrs. Fuire?”
 
The man looked over at her, listening to the faintly accented way the woman used the English, and smiled, “Yes. I'm Kaimen Fuire, and this is my wife, Lavender Fuire. May I ask who you are?”
 
“I'm Mia Koji, the one who talked with you on the phone,” Mia smiled as they recognized the person they had spoke with. Turning slightly, Mia ran the introductions as each boy nodded in turn to their name, “These are my companions, Ryo Sanada, Sage Date, Kento Rei Faun, Cye Mouri, Rowen Hashiba and Yulie Yamano.”
 
“Pleased to meet all of you, “Mrs. Fuire spoke, “My daughter told us all about each of you when she came back. I'm glad you could come. The girl just hasn't stopped talking about all of you since she came back…But I'm glad to meet you in person.”
 
Sage laughed, charming as ever as he walked forward to offer her his hand, “Some of it good, I hope Mrs. and Mr. Fuire.”
 
Ryo shook his head, as Rowen laughed. Flirt king was at it again, and apparently still didn't have any shame. Mr. Fuire stepped forward, immediately to the rescue. He turned to Mia, “Please, call me Kaimen. However, I believe that I will have to wait to give permission on that to these boys.”
 
Mia laughed as the teenagers with her grumbled at being called boys. She nodded, shaking his hand, “Can do. Thank you, sir. And you as well, Lavender.”
 
“Well now, let's get your bags and head to our home. Well, your home for the next few weeks, but it's all the same,” Lavender smiled, turning to walk with them to the baggage claim.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~
 
“Are you sure that's what happened?” Kayura asked, shocked as she looked at each of the warriors around her.
 
Dais nodded, “That fog made it difficult to see what was going on, but it looks like the Demons are growing restless again. Either way…”
 
“Either way, it's bad. My poisons can't stop them all,” Sehkmet muttered, standing back as he watched what was going on.
 
The doors to the room of their throne like area opened, admitting Kale as he walked forward, clutching something in one hand as he walked up to Kayura. Fast travel was apparently a gift when you were in the Nether Realm, and he wanted to deliver the note before he truly blew his top. Kayura took it, noting his silence and anger as she looked to read it, suddenly awash with the feelings herself.
 
“What is it?” Sehkmet asked, trying to peer over Kayura's shoulder.
 
Dais looked, his eyes widening as he whistled slightly, “Oh god. It's a letter of revenge. These people are gloating before they do something!”
 
“Let me read!” Sehkmet demanded, taking the note in hand as he looked at it. He read the letter out loud to himself, “To the Ancient, Ronins and Warlords, I have come to cordially announce that you have committed serious crimes against my clan. As such, revenge is in order concerning the one who was at fault for the entire thing. The power with which such problems were brought forth, shall be given unto us for our control and benefit. There isn't much you can do to stop us, and may tragedy strike you in your blackened hearts that are disguised as pure.”
 
Sehkmet blinked, the note was unsigned. He lifted his head to Kayura, “What does it mean?”
 
“It means that these things are going to take revenge for something, and they plan to do it soon. We just have to figure out where,” Kayura said, folding her arms, “I'll have to cancel my training sessions with Lena for a bit.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
“So, this is your place?” Rowen asked, using accented English that he and Mia had drilled to get right. The guys turned to look at the house in front of them with a small mannerism of awe. The house, in reality, was no where near as large as Mia's was, but it was cozy all the same. A total of three floors, the house contained numerous rooms. The outside had a ranch-like style, yet a mix of something newer in the front with a few vaulted areas of ceiling. It, in actuality, wasn't a fancy house, but quaint. An area that spoke of a garden, though covered in snow right at that moment, was accented by the numerous pine trees in the area. The house was located in a city like suburban area, and while it didn't have to much yard to it, was still nice all the same.
 
“Yes, it is! We've called this place home for about three years now,” Mrs. Fuire smiled, nodding as she looked back into the van they were driving. Mr. Fuire smiled, laughing next to her, “It's cozy, for a family of our size, and I think that the rooms we have for you will work out. I hope you don't mind the sharing of rooms. I have a total of three rooms that I can give to you guys. I hope you don't mind.”
 
“No, we don't mind at all,” Ryo hurried to assure the two adults in the front, “We share in our normal accommodations as well.”
 
“Yea, we don't mind, as long as Kento don't snore too much. I have a hard time ignoring it, and I'm his roommate,” Cye teased as Kento turned to glare at his friend with a vengeance.
 
“Chill out, Kento, I was just teasing,” Cye assuaged the irate teenager as Mia shook her head, sitting between Ryo and Rowen in the middle seat of the van.
 
“Well, since you are all here, let's get you into your rooms. Let's get your bags and go. Lucky for us all the other kids are off hanging out with friends,” Mr. Fuire sighed, shaking his head as he led the way inside, walking around the other two parked cars in the driveway, “You all would be pestered endlessly by some of them. I can tell this is going to be an interesting time.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“WHOOO!” A cry sounded through the car as Lena winced, laughed from in the back seat. Music blared from the radio as the guy driving in the front head banged to the rocking music. Lena leaned forward to ruffle his brown hair, “Calm down, Sean! You are driving!”
 
“It's winter, girly! You gotta rock out sometime, man!” The other male in the front seat turned around, giving her a peace sign. His dark skin seemed to stand out no matter where they went, but then again, he had a flamboyant nature as it was. Black hair, twisted into twists girls loved to pull, shook about as his brown eyes danced with laughter. The black-haired girl beside Lena leaned forward, “Knock it off, Eric!”
 
Lena rolled her eyes. Yea, a laughing voice was very convincing. Either way, Lena looked over to her friend, a best friend of several years as it was, though unlike Sean, whom she had known with another few guys since childhood, they only knew each other for about 4 years. However, they clicked, though they were different in many ways. While Lena was a brunette with pale white skin, Cat had black hair with a tanned tint. Cat's eyes, brown, were of a dark color that didn't change with her moods as Lena's did. Even their attire was different, from Cat's glasses and baggy clothes to Lena's tomboyish tighter style and usual sunglasses. Even the height differences, with Cat being roughly 5'6”, Lena topped her by about four more inches, and looked to possibly still be growing. Either way, they made a crazy pair.
 
Eric just rolled his eyes. He poked Cat with a finger that she tried to bite, clacking her teeth together viciously. Luckily, he moved his finger fast enough to avoid the catastrophe. The four teenagers bobbed their heads to the music, a chance for all of them to be themselves, even if it was short lived.
 
“Alright, Lena. We're finally at your house. Tell me though, why in the world are you needing to be here so early?!” Sean whined, looking over his seat back to his friend.
 
Lena stuck her tongue out at him, “I need a reason?” She laughed, “My parents just said to be home at this time, and so I had to make sure I was. Come on, you know not to disobey my pop when he tells you to do something in that tone. Besides, I have to make sure Cat gets home, don't I?”
 
“Mrah,” Cat said, shaking her head with a shrug, “Nyan Nya.”
 
Eric looked at Cat, “And if I understood that, Asian girl, then I would give you a better reply.”
 
“Don't you know? That's Cat's I don't care and I'm not in this sound!” Sean laughed as Lena shrugged, “Glad I'm not translator this time.”
 
Everyone piled out of the car, shouting at each other with shrill laughs as they looked at the snow on the ground. Sean smirked, lobbing one at Eric, who in turn lobbed one at both Sean and Cat. Lena, trying to stay out of it, hung out by the car, trying to pick up something that was fraying at the edges of her senses. It seemed rather familiar, but she couldn't quite place it. That was when it hit.
 
“HEY!” Lena shouted, wiping snow from her face in a frustrated manner. Sean laughed, “Then stop acting like you see dead people!”
 
Sean threw another one at Lena as she dodged to the side, landing beside Cat. Nodding to her friend, they both smirked, and nodded. Cat stood, so solem for a moment that it made all of them stop throwing the snow balls. Cat looked at the boys, “Before you die, I have one thing to say. HAIL THE SACRED BOVINE!”
 
The guys, who were listening at that moment, didn't expect the sudden onslaught as they both got tackled by the two girls, who were armed with snow to immediately shove in their faces. Laughing, they picked themselves up, and backed off, looking smug with themselves as the boys tried to recover. In the mayhem, Lena laughed, leaning forward, “I think you guys better head home. I have to go inside as it is. I know my parents are waiting for me, and you two need to dry off!”
 
Sean gave her a sour look as Eric saluted, “Yes Ma'am!”
 
Cat laughed, shooing them off as the two girls watched the boys drive off, heading out, “That was fun.”
 
“No kidding, but I liked it!” Lena laughed as Cat turned around to go to the door, when she stopped suddenly, eyes wide. Lena looked over at her friend, giving her a puzzled expression as she tilted her head to the side, “Cat?”
 
Cat pointed, to which Lena turned to face what was going on, hearing a family joking voice call out in Japanese, “Having all the fun without us, eh?”
 
“Kento?!” Lena's eyes bugged out as she then blinked, taking in the fact that all five guys were there, with Mia and Yulie. So, Lena yelled out the only thing she could think of at that time. She smirked, turning over to Cat, and nodded. Pointing to the guys, who were still bundled in coats, she yelled “ATTACK!”
 
The snowballs rained down furiously upon the unsuspecting people.
 
~~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~ *~*
 
“I just want to say thank you for letting us stay here, I really appreciate it,” Mia said, nodding to each of the people before her with a small smile. They sat upon furniture in the main living room on the first floor. Strangely enough, the floors went down, not up in this house, and so the first living room, so to speak, was right when you walked into the house.
 
The other guys were looking around silently as Mr. Fuire nodded to her, “Not a problem, my dear. You did the same for my daughter when she went out there nine months ago.”
 
Mia shrugged it off as a shout was heard outside, followed by a scream. Mrs. Fuire laughed, pointing out the window. Ryo got up, and looked out the window first, followed by the others. Rowen began choking back a laugh as Kento stood behind him, smiling. Before them, in front of a white car, stood Lena, dodging a snow ball thrown by one of two boys. A snowball fight followed, resulting in something that looked like a full out war.
 
Soon after, the two boys were tackled by two girls, the other Sage recognized as Cat from a picture Lena had showed him a long time ago. He blinked in shock, suddenly feeling strange.
 
`I'll show those two boys a thing or two about playing like that with my…ok…thoughts can stop there. I think it's done…yup…done,' Sage thought to himself, blinking rapidly as he shook his head out.
 
“Let's go out and say hi!” Kento cried out, jumping around like a kid hyped up on candy. Ryo laughed out as Rowen turned to reply, “And get in the middle of that? I don't think so.”
 
Cye just gave a shy smile and shrug at the two adults beside them as he shared a tolerant look with Mia. Sage just shook his head, “Yea, and impress everyone with your own snowball skills?”
 
Kento nodded, “Yup!”
 
Mia rolled her eyes, “Stop speaking in Japanese. We need to speak in English…besides, it's rude when they don't all know the language you speak!”
 
The boys jumped guiltily, Yulie laughing in the background, as Mia glared at each of them. The nodded, finally speaking in English, “Sorry…”
 
Lavender laughed, “It's not big, Lena does it when she gets mad. The most frequent word is baka, which we all understand thanks to her.”
 
Mia laughed as Kento dashed to the door, seeing that the two guys had laughed, “Come on guys!”
 
The others followed him, except Yulie who opted to stay behind Mia, who stayed in the doorway. Kento, cocky as ever, called out in Japanese, “Having all the fun without us, eh?”
 
Lena turned about, staring as Cat did, amazed. She blinked rapidly, “Kento?!”
 
Kento gave her his characteristic grin as the other guys filled in behind him, smiling smugly. Lena seemed to run through several thoughts when she turned to the girl next to her, pointed at them, and shouted, “Attack!”
 
Cat laughed, “ATTACK!”
 
Suddenly the guys got bombarded by snowballs at a rapid pace. The front yard became a battle field as they spread out, scooping up snow and throwing it at each other, guys against the girls. Sure, the battle was a btit unfair, but no one really paid head, and Cat threw those snowballs with deadly accuracy as Lena made them up behind her.
 
The snowball fighting went down as Lena stood up, laughing at them. She called out in Japanese as she ran forward, tackling Kento, who braced himself for it, then turning and hugging each in turn, “What are you guys doing here?!”
 
Rowen laughed as he got hugged, all of them soaked, “What? Never heard of vacations?”
 
“Thought we'd take you up on the offer of going skiing or something,” Ryo smiled, ruffling her hair.
 
“What they mean is that we had to make a visit sometime!” Cye cried out, smiling fit to crack his face as Kento swung Lena around once, then put her down, crying out, “Come on, sis! You know you missed us!”
 
Lena laughed, turning to hug Sage, who smiled back at her and enveloped her in his own tight grip, “We missed you to, you know.”
 
Lena smiled, nodding at him, “Question…”
 
“Hmm?” Sage asked, looking down at her as he let her out of the hug. He smiled slightly, they were eye level.
 
“Are those two together yet?” Lena asked, then cried out in frustration as Sage shook his head and mentally replied. `No. We all knew you would ask though.”
 
“Man…it's great to see all of you again. I haven't been able to talk to anyone like this in a long time.” Lena smiled, beaming at each of them.
 
They just laughed with a shrug as Lena backed away from them to pull over Cat from where she was, speaking in English this time, “Cat Nakashima? These are the people I told you about, Sage, Ryo, Rowen, Kento and Cye. Though I do have to ask, where is Mia?”
 
“I'm right here, Lena-chan!” Mia cried, coming forward to give Lena a hug.
 
“I'm so surprised to see you!” Lena cried, looking at everyone.
 
Ryo nodded, “We know. We tried to keep it that way, even your parents were in on it!”
 
Lena just laughed, then watched as Cat came forward, glaring at each of the guys before her, before giving them a cocky smile of her own with a small shrug of carelessness, “So you are the ones who warped my best friend!”
 
Everyone blinked rapidly, looking at Cat who glanced at each and everyone as Lena sighed, shaking her head. Cat pointed at them, “You took her from the Bovine's Influence!”
 
Everyone just stared at her blankly until Mrs. Fuire called them in to come inside, due to their shivering bodies and cold wind.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~
Author's note: Well, here is chapter 1! Hard to believe, I know, but since I have very limited access to internet right now, my updates won't be all that great right now. This includes all stories I have up right now, so I give my apologies right now. Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter, and let me know what you think!
 
Hikaru
 
 
Reviews: Thank you all so much!
 
Inda: You better believe it! I have to keep writing!
 
Meira: Of course! I'm only glad that I can do this right! lol