Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ At a Glance ❯ Meeting the Family ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: As much as we all want to, I know that none of us really own the Ronins or their counterparts in the series. I do own, gratefully speaking, Lena and her family, Cat and the various other characters I introduce into the story for either your amusement or mine.
 
Here is the next chapter, number two. I finally made it back! All that blasted trouble with the hackers left me unable to reach any comp at all, and I didn't like it all. Anyways, this is just to let you know that I didn't fall off the face of the earth, and I will have another one-shot up soon, just to let you know. I have to revise the way the thing is set up, since I have to rules for other submissions posted at the end of my first one, but I doubt anyone is really going to consider them there!! Lol
 
 
At A Glance
 
Chapter 2: Meeting the Family
 
 
 

The guys blinked at the irate girl before them, watching her accuse them of something from who knew where as Lena just shook her head, trying not to laugh as Cat stalked forward, gripping Lena's arm, then pulled her back to where the fight had been on their side. Cat then glanced between them all, nodded, and then folded her arms.
 
“Sacred…bovine?” Kento asked, clueless as usual as Rowen smiled, as puzzled as the rest.
 
“What does that mean?” Ryo asked, and then grimaced, repeating it in English. Lena just laughed, noticing the trouble they were having with the lingual shifts. She rapidly fired a comment to them, “Now you know what it was like for me when I went over there.”
 
She was awarded with five glares as she laughed at them.
 
They need to be caught off-guard with surprises sometimes, it helps them out.
 
Lena quickly hid a smile as Cat went into another round with those in front of her, she herself listening to the voice that reminded her of calm waters, icy winters and torrents of oceans. It seemed that the spirits were rather merciless at times. Either way, her own spirits were higher by far. The cold was completely forgotten, and she couldn't believe it. Her she was, surrounded by her friends that she became close to in such short time when she was in Japan. Today was the day that she could truly just be happy and the spirits seemed to be in favor.
 
“What?” Sage never missed a beat. Lena just smiled and shrugged, shaking her head as she turned to the other guys in front of her. Shaking off the mind talk, she smiled at them, noticing the way Ryo watched Mia. This was going to be interesting, “So, how long are you guys out here?”
 
The answers came in mixed replies and languages. She laughed. She knew she would have to play out the roll of translator as she listened to the replies, watching Cat begin the next round of arguments.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*
 
Kayura stood in the backyard of Lena's house, nodding to herself. There was no way she could inform Lena of the changes right now, she'd just leave a note on her desk. Things weren't looking good, not at all, as she turned to gaze over the snowy yard that early November morning to look at Kale with a nod.
 
He had insisted on coming, not backing down to make sure that their leader would be alright. None of them doubted the damage that would be had if the Ancient had disappeared on them, no one wanted to try. Kayura's eyes actively scanned the area in a manner that mimicked Kales, searching to spot anything out of place.
 
For some reason, her scrying had revealed that things were about to undergo a total upheaval. No one could foresee much more then that, other then the fact that this was a force from the former demonic army. She had o clue as to where they were going, or what it was they were up to, but anything concerning these demons couldn't mean any good at all.
 
Closing her eyes, she began to try to recall the Arabic language that Lena had been striving to teach her for a while now, so she could write the girl a note. A hand rested upon her shoulder as she looked up to see Kale, who just shook his head, “Use the mind link. No one else will hear it; just tell her to show nothing as she is listening, and such like that.”
 
Kayura nodded, “Good idea.”
 
The woman closed her eyes, searching for the right wavelength that she had to follow to reach Lena's mind. Once she had it, she began to speak.
 
“Lena. You hear me?”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *
 
Laughter could be heard as the guys and Mia each spoke with Lena. Trading off stories about the time in-between that they had seen each other last, they avoided the terrible stories as Lena sat down beside Sage, Kento on her other side.
 
“So, what trouble has hardhead gotten himself into?” Lena laughed, pointing up at Kento beside her, who put on a brave grimace and stuck his tongue out at her, “I got into no trouble!”
 
“Right, which is why Cye had to ban you from the kitchen, again! Right?” Rowen answered slyly, as Mrs. Fuire laughed, “He can't be that bad.”
 
Ryo and Lena started choking up as Cye and Sage covered their faces to hide a laugh as Mia shook her head and Yulie looked up with a smile. Rowen shrugged as Yulie responded, “Last time he was in the kitchen, he ate all the food we were going to use for dinner!”
 
“Like you guys are any better!” Kento cried; a mask of indignation upon his face, though his eyes sparkled with the amusement he always felt.
 
Shaking her head, “How did you guys get here? And how did you manage it without my knowing?” Lena grinned up at Sage, who patted her shoulder.
 
“Well, I've been talking with your parents for a while now, and we all thought it would be a good idea anyways,” Mia said, with a small shrug, “Airplanes…”
 
“Well, then what do you all want to do while you are here? I mean, there is plenty to do, though it may not be on the scale that Japan has or anything,” Lena said, leaning forward, over her legs. Mr. Fuire smiled, looking at his oldest daughter, “Simple. Thought you all would love to go skiing, since we usually don't have snow this early in the year, and it is the perfect opportunity!
 
“You mean it?!” Lena smiled at Yulie's reply as the others laughed. Mia nodded, “Yes, we even have a cabin near there that we are all going to stay in!”
 
“ALRIGHT!” Yulie shouted, echoed by Kento and the other guys. Lena just smiled up at her father. “You mean it?
 
Her mother nodded, “Yes, my dear. You guys need to have fun as well.”
 
The cheering seemed to grow in excited levels as the volume rose, in time to hear a door open and shut, three voices coming from the doorway. Everyone seemed to turn as one to see who it was. In the doorway stood three kids, two looking to be about the same age as the other, and the other a bit older with shorter hair, about a few years younger then Lena herself.
 
“Eh…pop? What's goin' on?” The oldest of the three looked over at Mr. Fuire, shrugging as her short blond hair shifted about her face, the baby blue of her shirt and jeans visible against the stark contrast of the darker blue jacket. A red backpack completed her ensemble as she tried to figure out what was going on.
 
Lena stood, introducing each of the people in the living room. As she mentioned each of the guys, the two younger children's eyes seemed to light up with interest. Immediately, their things were on the floor as they darted forward to inspect each of these five men that had Lena's high opinion. The boy was the first, looking to be about seven, brown hair cut into a short cut about his ears as he looked up at Ryo, then Sage, “Are you guys the ones who taught my older sister to be so cool? I never knew she could kick butt like that! No one but the people in the movies can!”
 
Lena blushed, looking away at the amused stare of Mia and the semi glower of Kento and the others. The little girl looked up over at the boy, “Come on, Chris. You haven't even met these cute guys before!”
 
Lena coughed even more, twisting in her seat a bit as her face burned a brighter red then before as Sage turned pleading eyes to Lena, the little girl before him smiling, her brown hair tied back behind her head as she tilted her head to the side, standing next to her brother, Chris, in her pink dress. She shrugged as the oldest of the three stepped forward, reaching over to help the guys in a small way, giving Sage and Rowen a cursory glance, though she was only fourteen herself. She smiled, nodding at each of them, “I'll admit, they are cute, like Maron said!”
 
Lena squealed out at her, shaking her head in small horror, “You have to be kidding me, Lora! You are...Arg!”
 
Kento laughed, swinging an arm around the girl, “Come on now, it ain't that bad. The girls have good taste!”
 
Lena was so embarrassed, she could have cried as she watched each of the guys weasel their way out of questions and such, suddenly glad that Cat had gone home already. She sighed, smiling slightly as she relaxed. Even with her parents trying to get those three out of the way, it just seemed impossible.
 
You asked for it.
 
No she hadn't…Had she?
 
Besides…they are cute!
 
Lena frowned, thinking hard. Apparently the spirits of wind were still the most opinionated of all of them, and they talked way too much. She saw Sage glancing at her from the corner of her eye, and smiled at him, noticing that his girl problems followed him even here at her own house. He rolled his eyes, knowing that she wasn't going to help him as he tried to peel the kids off of his form as best as he could.
 
Lena shook her head as another voice made its way through her head, entirely different from that of the spirits.
 
“Lena. Can you hear me?”
 
“Yea…I can…” Lena nearly jumped, almost forgetting to shield her mind from the others. Praying like crazy that they hadn't caught her slip up, she tuned in to what Kayura had to say, “What is it?”
 
Don't let the guys hear this, or let on about what's going on right now with this conversation. I don't want them knowing yet, since I have no idea about it myself, but this is basically to let you know that our training sessions can't continue as planned for right now…”
 
“Oh, is that all? I thought you had something important to say,” Lena was sarcasm itself as she spoke to Kayura, carefully showing nothing on her features, schooling them to a placid look as she looked at each of those before her. Damn…she couldn't pull anything over him could she?
 
Sage was looking at her, eyebrow raised. His empathic abilities had obviously picked up on it, that…or his damn perceptiveness. Rowen too, by the looks of it. The two of them were watching her with raised eyebrows as Sage leaned forward to ask what was wrong. She just shook her head, indicating that she would explain later, since the kids were mobbing the guys once more.
 
“Sugar yourself, aren't you doll?”
 
“I try. Anyways, does this have to do with the spirit upheaval earlier?”
 
“Yes, so we are trying to investigate it. Apparently the demons of the old force have risen up. We don't know where they will attack, or when. Either way, it's bad news with that group.”
 
“No kidding, need my help?”
 
“No, not right now, anyways. I will call on you as necessary.”
 
“You always do, don't you?”
 
“Bye to you for now.”
 
“Good luck!” Lena had cried out to Kayura on the link, nearly feeling the older woman's smile as she shut off the link, brought back to the real world once more to be able to spring into action to help the guys.
 
You know…the Ancient is right. Something is up to no good…
 
Lena nodded at the voice that sounded of ancient dirt and green life.
 
Earth is right…None of us like it.
 
Warmth of a candle, and the heat from a fiery blaze warmed her mind as she listened to the spirits of Fire, looking to the guys once more. Either way, they'd be ready. Sighing, she sent the spirits to watch for themselves what was going on. Nothing they could do now, but with the arrival of the knowledge of the demons coming back, a silent creep of unease seeped into her mind when a voice of breezes and wilds hurricanes spoke.
 
So…what are you going to do for the ski trip? No sense in worrying about anything else right now.
 
That made Lena smile. What wind had said was true, and either way, she could take it in stride. She was stronger now, no doubt, and ready for what could happen. She was certain.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Author's note: Ok, I'm a bit out of the loop for writing the fictions, since all that trouble happened, but now I'm back and into full swing! YAY! Anyways, Tell me what you think if this so far! And if you have any requests for one-shots or challenges, please! Send them my way!! Lol
 
Hikaru
 
Reviews: Thank you all so much!
 
Inda: You betcha, girl! I'm back! Thanks for watching my stories so far!
 
Meira: Thanks to you as well, are owed! I appreciate how you constantly review, sorry for the length in time that this took to get up. I will read your chapter soon, since this is the first chance I've had to get back online in a long \ time. Anyways, best of luck to you in battling for your comp!! lol
 
1Scorpion2: Thanks! I'm glad you liked it as much as you did. I always welcome new opinions amongst the old, and as such, Welcome to my insane telling! Lol Anyways, I hope you continue to read it!