Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ At a Glance ❯ Cabin Warmth ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the guys or their actual counterparts, though my funds did allow me to keep Lena and the various characters that I made up! YAY!
 
Alright then. Here is the next chapter, chapter four! Like I said, it is going by a bit slow, since this story is going to be shorter then the others I plan to write. None of it is entirely easy, but I am trying. Anyways, read and enjoy! After this, I will write the next one-shot, I believe. I remain in hope that someone else will submit one for them! Hehehe! Oh! Read up on it! I worked hard on the latest one, and I'd like you all to tell me what you think!
 
At A Glance
 
Chapter 4: Cabin's Warmth
 
 
“Look guys, we have friends who want to play!” Kento said, smirking as he walked out of the van, sulking about the driving arrangements no longer.
 
“How astute of you, Kento. We never would have guessed, “Rowen muttered, standing beside Cye and Kento, his subarmor already appearing as Mia dragged Yulie back.
 
“Lena, stay back with Mia and Yulie!” Ryo cried out as the girl nodded, darting back to where the other two stood, allowing the guys who were already suited up to begin the fight. Sage immediately put himself in the way of possible attacks on the girls and Yulie as each of them threw themselves into battle. Kento yelled out, “We are gonna take you down!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Clang…ring…clang…ring…
 
Kayura glanced up at the staff she held, its power beginning to glow as she neared it…the answer to what it was that she sought. Somewhere close was the answer, the truth of what these demons sought. She would find it…yes…guided by the Ancient's staff…
 
“Where are you, Great Spirit…I require your audience,” She spoke softly, white robes with hinted shades of red and black shifted about her form, billowing gracefully about shoeless feet. Her eyes glanced from side to side, her voice soft, trying to pinpoint where the spirit was. He was there, oh yes…he was…but why wouldn't he show himself?
“Of course, Lena has an easier time of this…doesn't she…?” Kayura's voice dripped sarcasm as she thought momentarily of the girl then returned to finding what she sought. Stepping forward once more, she failed to notice the shadows.
 
The shadows…ever creeping, began to rise about her, blocking the path in an evidently hopeless manner. Lifting her head, Kayura saw them at last…given no time to scream…
 
Kayura shot up, sweat dripping in her eyes as she sought to find out where she was; her mind frantic. What was going on?
 
Raising a hand to wipe her brow, she sighed, glancing once more into the scrying bowl in front of her, “Can't believe I fell asleep.”
 
Shaking her head out, she began to try once more. There had to be some answer, and she had made a promise to find it. Yet, where was the Great Spirit? Or the other forces in place to help her? Something wasn't right…and it was beginning to rear its ugly head all too soon.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *
 
“AHH!” A cry of pain shot into the air as Rowen slammed back against Sage. For some reason, these demons were stronger then before. Something fueled their rage and power beyond that of a normal snow demon. The guys regrouped, debating to summon their armors. SO far, the girls and everyone were alright, but it was bound to change anytime, and they couldn't take that chance.
 
Rushing forward, Ryo cocked his fist to slam into one of them, followed up by Rowen's round house kick. Kento strong armed the next one as Kento and Cye punched and kicked the same one in a furious manner.
 
Their earnest endeavors weren't in vain as it had seemed, however, for the two fell before, crying up in vain for a survival that would never be theirs. The guys sighed, landing beside each other, about the two as Kento grinned up at the others, “Well, we showed them not to mess with the Ronin Warriors!”
 
“Wait,” Cye, “Wasn't there more?”
 
“Yea…a third one! But where is it?” Rowen cried out as a scream sounded out. All of them turned around, their worst fears suddenly confirmed as the third and final of the snow demons was leaping at the girls, its kamikaze attack an attempt to land a crushing blow before it died. Razor sharp claws backed by muscle in white fur reached for Mia and the other two as the others began to run forward.
 
“No!” Ryo cried out, shuttering as he watched what he thought to be the worst. No matter how hard his legs pumped, he knew he couldn't reach them in time, and he was the closest.
 
“Atsunokodon!” Lena's voice cried as she darted around Mia, holding an Ofuda scroll tightly in her hand, her eyes glinting dangerously as the purple shield rose up around the three of them, deflecting the monster back. It wasn't that she was the strongest, she was merely the closest, and that was why her defensive spiritual shield worked.
 
The creature hissed as he jumped back, smarting from the power that he felt rise up suddenly from the purple aura that enshrouded the brunette girl. The guys snapped into action as they slammed into action, beating down on the final demon before them.
 
The battle ended not long after, leaving each of them to a silence they hadn't realized would happen. The shield around the three on the side dropped, the Ofuda scroll at Lena's side, where her hand rested. Ryo and the others darted to where they were and began speaking all at once, “You guys ok?” “What was that?” “What the heck?” “Lena! Why are you still glowing?”
 
At that question, Lena blinked, looking at herself. The aura was beginning to fade. Her face scrunched up, showing how weird she thought that was, but said nothing on it as she shrugged, letting Mia answer the questions they guys had. When things had settled down, everyone sighed, shaking their heads.
 
“What were they…err…how about why were they here?” Cye asked, looking around with a small shrug. Lena sighed, shrugging a bit. She wasn't quite sure, but she looked at each of the guys and gave them what Kayura told her, in fewer words, “Don't worry. I don't know much either, but Kayura is investigating it…so yea.”
 
“Kayura? Kayura! It makes sense now!” Ryo laughed, shaking his head in an almost sarcastic way, “It totally figures.”
 
Mia stood up, shaking her head with a small sigh as she looked to each of the guys, then Lena, “Good job learning control. Where…”
 
“Kayura,” Lena said, shrugging, “Come on. Let's get in the van and head to the cabin. I'm sure everything will turn out better in just a bit!”
 
Apparently the guys saw something in her smile and let it be with a small nod as something occurred to Kento. He groaned, “I still can't believe you can legally drive!”
 
AT long last, everyone began to laugh, heading off to what they hoped to be a good vacation.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~
 
“What?!” Kayura said, whirling about in her robes as she looked at Dais and Kale, “The demons are acting out now?”
 
“They just made a move on the Ronins,” Dais said.
 
“They were crying for revenge…you don't think…” Kale said, glancing between as Kayura sighed, suddenly looking older then she had in years. Running a hand along her face, she sighed, “Revenge…wonderful. Revenge for what?”
 
“Revenge for their fallen…revenge for the failure of success almost nine months ago,” Sehkmet said calmly, standing against the pillar.
 
Kale's eyes seemed to light up, “That would make sense, wouldn't it?”
 
“Yea…a little too much like sense. But who is fueling the anger?” Kayura asked, suddenly wondering how so many mysteries were dumped in her lap like this.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“So this is it?” Kento asked, his eyes widening as he looked at the lodge cabin before them. The ski like lodge stood before them, a coral of sorts on the side. A snow man stood in the yard before them as Rowen stepped forward and turned and looked at the girls who were smiling, “This is the ski lodge?!”
 
“No…” Lena laughed as Mia answered the rest of the way, “It is just the place to stay. The ski lodge is actually about a mile away from here at least.”
 
“Are you serious?”Ryo asked, gripping some of the bags from the van.
 
“Yup! I know they are!” Yulie shouted happily, jumping around a bit with a smile. Rolling her eyes, Lena grabbed her other bags from the car, which were taken from her before she could protest by Sage, who offered her a charming grin and walked with them, ignoring her stomping protest. Cye just laughed as he grabbed the last few and they headed inside.
 
“It looks cozy mate, but why is it lit?” Cye asked, looking from side to side.
 
“Because we are only here for the weekend. It doesn't belong to us,” Mia said with a smile and a nod.
 
“What?” Kento asked, “Then who does it…”
 
“MRAAAAH!” A snowball came from nowhere, pelting Kento in the face as a body tackled Lena into the ground, startling the girl into yelping in complete surprise. The guys relaxed and began to laugh as they realized exactly what it was that had just caused the commotion.
 
“Cat!” Lena yelled, “Get off my back!”
 
“Nope!” Cat cried, smiling with a nod as she looked up at the other guys happily, “Hiya!”
 
~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Really? This place is yours?” Kento asked, sitting on the couch beside Rowen, Sage and Cye. Across from him sat Mia, Ryo and Lena, who each were watching Cat pace as if she were a sleuth trying to solve a mystery.
 
“Yup! Well…my parents, but that is beside the point, isn't it?” She replied happily as she sat in a chair with a nod, “Besides, enough rooms for everyone, and a place to rest your head. You shouldn't complain! I'm only doing it because Lena is a follower of the bovine!”
 
Lena cried out in exasperation as she shook her head, her cheeks turning pink as the guys looked at her in mild surprise. She rolled her eyes, knowing they would tease her for this. Cat just grinned as she answered the next question given to her, “I have two cows, Betsy and Bessie, and one horse!”
 
Yulie's eyes widened in awe as he smiled, “What's the horse's name?”
 
“I have no idea,” Cat grinned.
 
“How can you have no idea what your horse's name is?!” Kento cried as the others remained silent for this.
 
“I think he is going clinically insane…don't you?” Lena asked the guys mentally, who just laughed in reply.
 
“Of course I know my horse's name!” Cat cried, indignant as she stood up, hands on hips.
 
“Then what is it?” Kento asked.
 
“I have no idea!”
 
“Seriously!”
 
“I am being serious!”
 
“So you have no idea what your horse's name is?”
 
“No. I know it!”
 
“Then...what is…”
 
“I HAVE NO IDEA!”
 
“Say what?” Kento rolled his eyes, “I want a straight answer!”
 
“Seriously, his name is I Have No Idea!” Cat cried, rolling her eyes as she looked at Lena, “MRAH!”
 
Lena just broke into laughter from her seat.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Author's note: Yes, this chapter is dedicated to my only beta reader at this time, The Sacred Bovine. The cracks on that are an old joke, which if need be, I will explain, but not a problem! Anyways, I'm off to work on the next round of drama for the next chapter! I have about three or four more chapters planed for this story, which include the epilogue. BE warned! I am adding in a piece of terrible action in later parts that may cause me to up the rating on this story. Not sure yet, depends on how dark I have to make it. Anyways, read and enjoy, and I will do my best to stay away from the dark! Lol
 
Hikaru
 
 
Comment from Beta: The Sacred Bovine: FEAR MY HORSES NAME!!!!!
 
Reviews: Thank you all!
 
Inda: Heheheh, I will try to increase the amount of romance I put in. I do like your story so far, by the way, and I will write you a review for it soon, so worry not! Lol And as for falling in love? I'm trying to do it naturally, so if you see something out of place, feel free to tell me!
 
Meira Evanstar: Here is your update as requested! Lol Hopefully you like it, and there won't be anything out of place on it, as it is. I also wanted to say thank you for reading my one-shots I have put up on the one-shot insanity! Thank you very much for those reviews as well! I will put up a new one, but I need an idea of what type…romance...humor…that kinda thing. I can't help it, I've been looking for a challenge! Lol
 
1Scorpion2: Sounds like you will just have to read and find out whether she breaks his shell or not! To tell the truth, because of requests, I'm looking at adding a bit more romance, and to try my hand at a bit of angst! Who knows…maybe I can do it! (sighs)