Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ At a Glance ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own them, you all know that by now! Lol
 
Alright, here is the epilogue. I know the other chapter was sad, but I needed to make it so. I just couldn't leave it off there, so I had to write this up real quick. Well, enjoy!
 
At A Glance
 
Epilogue
 
 
They stood at the airport, getting ready for their flight. The Ronins, Yulie, Mia and one solem looking girl who wore black as if in mourning. She looked almost like a lost soul that was forcing a smile on her face as she looked at her aunt, standing before her with her sister Lora, “I'll miss you.”
 
“We will as well, please come back to visit sometime,” Her aunt Victoria said before her, wearing the black of both the sisters in a solemn fashion. The funeral had been about three days ago, and none of them were over it yet, as they waited in the Airport in California to head back over to Japan, “Are you sure you will be ok with them?”
 
Lena glanced over her shoulder at those waiting for her as she nodded, smiling gently, “I'll be alright. They really are good people.”
 
Lena smiled, stepping aside to talk to her sister as Mia walked forward to talk to the worried Aunt and Godmother before her. Smiling gently, “You don't have to worry about her. I think getting her out of the area for right now and away from the reminders will help. Besides, we all will take good care of her.”
 
Lena watched, reading the lips of those in conversation as she remembered the day of her family's death with detail.
 
The cops had arrived, talking to each of the solemn people before them, hesitating to talk to the remaining member of the family still present. Mia held the conversations as best as she could, her English slightly faulty, but doing remarkably. She looked over her shoulder at Lena, who was still in shock as she watched the cops and ambulances arrive to take care of the scene. Her armor was gone already, though her blood soaked clothing was still on her form, since she couldn't help but hold the bodies in her sorrow again.
 
Each of them had found out that one sister, the youngest one, Maron, had been left from the destruction, a pure chance of good luck. She had been at a friends house that night, thus spared the fate. That was when it happened. All of her other friends showed up, having seen what was going on through the news and phone calls from their neighbors. Cat, Sean, Eric…and other friends as well that weren't readily recognizable to the Ronins. Each tried to console, but Lena was deaf to them all, sitting on the back of an ambulance truck, trying to drink the tea that Sage had given her in her trembling hands.
 
Then, a woman named Sara showed up. She rushed onto the scene, her eyes blurring with tears as she ran up to where Lena was. Apparently she was an old friend of the family's, very close to Lavender. She gave one look at Lena, “Oh hunny…”
 
Lena looked up at her, the tears she had been fighting back sprang anew as the two embraced each other, rocking the other in their combined sorrow. The tears hadn't stopped that day.
 
Mia looked at the sorrowing girl with a grim decision. She would take custody of the girl, and get her out of the area that had her so sad at this time.
 
The aunt nodded at Mia with a small smile, turning to the guys, who had come back up. Lena walked up to them, offering each a small smile that they gave back encouragingly. Sage hid a frown. The usual happy light that had always been in her face was gone, showing nothing of who she used to be. All it was now was her sorrow, poorly hidden. She shrugged, giving them the I-will-be-fine look. HE didn't fall for it. The day her family was buried…they all recalled it easily.
 
The funeral was over, leaving just about everyone to go home. Lena, however, stood their by herself, praying in a priestess like fashion. She had been swearing something, he was sure of it. He had seen her aura flare then go back to normal. He knew the others had as well.
 
Mia walked up to get her, and she stood, glancing at the stones before her. Raising a hand up, hesitantly, then without worry, she took the black ribbon from her hair and tied it to a pole on the family tombstone. She nodded, following Mia back to the now empty house that was formerly Lena's home. Lena had overseen the packing, taking only one thing from each of the fallen to take with her, leaving the rest that belong to her go to storage. She herself had said herself that she didn't need most of it. She glanced at each of them, apologizing for ruining their vacations, which they each readily refuted, saying that it wasn't her fault anyways.
 
Lena's head hang low that day. It was remarked on by all of them, though they knew the reason. The child had never had a close person to her die, and now she had…way before their times. She wouldn't be alright for a while.
 
The flight was called as they all headed to the plane, saying their goodbyes to those who had gone to see them off. Lena turned, placing a hand on the bracelet the guys had given her last time she had boarded the plane, following the guys. Sighing, she knew that this was a new start in the chapters of her life. Just…why did it have to be so painful. She knew, though, that there was a reason for it. A reason for why the Great Spirit hadn't contacted her yet. Heck, there was a reason even for Kayura not telling them that the Demons were massing, though she didn't like it.
 
“Why didn't you tell us!” Kento cried, his anger already rising as Cye tried to calm his friend down. Kayura shot him a look of her own anguish as she refused to look at Lena that day, two days after the deaths, “It was because I felt we could handle it.”
 
“Handle it? Right…and look where it got us,” Rowen said, feeling the injustice as well as any as Ryo glared at the Ancient, “You let Lena and her family suffer because of that foolish pride!”
 
Lena remained silent, listening only partially to what was going on around her. The reasons just didn't matter anymore…the actions had been done. She blinked, seeing a shadow next to her. A warm hand was placed on her shoulders as she looked up, seeing Sage giving her an encouraging smile as he squeezed her shoulder, knowing that she wasn't really listening.
 
“I know…It was a mistake! I didn't think it would escalate like that. A bad judgment on my part…”Kayura said, then finally turned to Lena with a small sigh, finally saying what it was that had been on her mind, “I'm sorry…if only I had realized. Taiki used far better tactics then his father ever had.”
 
Lena looked at the harried woman and sighed. She couldn't remain angry…not at her. Lena nodded, then leaned forward, “It's alright. It wasn't your fault anyways…that it had happened…”
 
That was all that could have been said, that much she was certain. What was done, was done. And this time, she had to fight through her own demons instead of those on the outside. Though this time, she had a promise to fulfill, and she never went back on those. She repeated the promise to herself as she found her seat next to Rowen and Cye with a small sigh.
 
I will avenge you Mom, Dad…Lora…Chris…just wait. You shouldn't have gone like that. I will be strong for each of you, and take this person down. You deserve that much…and that much I will give you.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The flight was two hours into its distance to travel, and Sage was watching Lena with concerned eyes. He was bothered, not by her guilt, but by the face that she had seemed to loose the ability to smile like she once had. The kind of smile that passed warmth instead of sorrow, one that took up her entire face to do, rather then seemingly break it to try.
 
He made a promise to himself then, unaware that it was passed along the mind link.
 
“I will make her smile again. She needs that much at least…”
 
“I agree, mate. We all do. We promise to help,” Cye spoke, his mind halfway sleepy as the others gave their comments.
 
Kento, “No kidding. It burns me up that it had happened, but…”
 
“We can't stop it now. We can only try to help and fix,” Rowen said, lifting his head from where he acted as a pillow for the girl in question.
 
“She's our friend. We will all help her…I promise you that she will be able to,” Came Ryo's passionate reply from his seat next to Sage.
 
Sage merely nodded, taking in what his friends were saying. They were each promising to try, and some how, it gave him heart. He knew it wouldn't happen right away, but he would find a way through the heartbreak to find the girl they all knew. This time, they were going to fight for real.
 
~_~_~_~_~_~_~__~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~__~
 
Author's note: Alright! Here you go! The Epilogue to At A Glance. I hope you liked it at least partially. The next story will be coming out soon, entitled Sorrow's Light. I have a plan for that story, though it will be the probably the longest one I've done so far, but somehow, I need a happier story! Well, till then!
 
Hikaru