Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Blind Love ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note : Thank you very much again for your many reviews.

Disclaimers : I don't own the troopers so don't sue me.

Warning : This is a Yaoi story ! If you don't like it, don't read it !!! This is a SeijixTouma story.


Blind love
By Luna


Chapter 9

"Seiji ??? But what are you doing here ?" Touma exclaimed with a look that was more than just surprise.

I understand her words now. She really set me up... He smiled. "Lyne invited me to eat with her, but I believe that she had other things in mind at the time... But I can leave if you prefer..."
"No... Stay please... Enter..." He offered timidly.

They walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"How is your head ?" The blond looked at the bandage that his friend still had wrapped around his head.
"It still hurts me a little, but it's bearable." He suddenly felt a hand to be settle on his head, followed soft warmth of the curative power of Korin.
"Thank you... I would like also to thank you for having saved me yesterday... Although, I also want to apologize to you for my behavior, I don't know what had gotten into me. I didn't want to hurt you." He lowered his head, a little ashamed over his actions.

A deep silence had settled in the room, until Touma broke it by proposing Seiji to something for him to drink. He hurriedly stood and moved into the kitchen.

The kendoka got up right after he'd left and looked around at the surroundings. Close to the window, there was a table set out, with lit candles. He approached and discovered another envelope that was again written with his name on it.

I know that I had told you that I would cook, so you will find all of the food in the kitchen. All you have to do is warm it up.
I'm at friend's home, so if there was to be the least bit problem with Touma, you will find my number close to the telephone.
Lyne

"This girl is really incredible…" He said in a whisper.
"Who are you talking about ?" Asked Touma which had returned from the kitchen.
"No one... Lyne left me a note saying that she had prepared the meal already and that I was to warm it up." Seiji joined Tenku and took the glass that he held out to him. He drank a few mouthfuls, before asking Touma if he wanted to eat.
"With pleasure, it's true that I was starting to get a little hungry."

The blond took this occasion to disappear in the other room. Why is this so hard ? Why am I not simply able to tell him that I love him.

A few minutes later, Touma heard a great cry, followed several insults coming from the kitchen.
"What's the matter with you ?" Questioned the worried archer when he entered in the room where his friend was.
"I burned my hand by holding the dish too far out into the furnace."
"Give me your hand." He said, extending his hand while approaching the blond.

Seiji gave him his injured hand and Touma pulled him towards the sink. He opened the tap and slipped the hand of the kendoka under the cold water.

"AIE !! It hurts, shit."
"Tell me Seiji, I myself didn't know that you knew such large range of insults," smiled Touma.
"In my opinion, it's all the years of being around Shu, but I try to hide this defect... Touma ?"
"Yes ?"
"Do you live here ?"
"Only for two days. Why ?" Tenku turned off the tap and led Korin into the bathroom.
"You move so easily around this flat, which would make it seem like you've lived here for a long time..."
"In fact, Lyne put up me for 3 months... Can you look in this drawer, it must have the tube of cream for the burns."

Seiji found the tube and applied the cream onto his injury, while Touma went to get a bandage to wrap around his hand.

"You do that as well as a doctor," the astonished blonde commented.
"I had to learn how to get by for some things... Let us go back to the living room..."

They were sitting once again on the couch and Touma started to explain the reason that had led him there to Lyne.

"When I left the manor, I traveled for several days without really knowing what I was going to do. Then I remembered that my eye doctor had spoken to me about an institute for the blind in Osaka. I had some money left that enabled me to register. I had to sell my motor bike to be able to rent me a room in a small hotel, because this center rents rooms only with those who are blind and at that time I was not…yet." The archer sighed.

"And how did you meet Lyne ?"
"Lyne is a teacher at the center and it's she's the one that taught me everything. She taught me the Braille and how to live without seeing. I learned how to see with my hands, my ears and my nose. The first time when she met me, she immediately noticed that something did set well with me. She told me that I gave off a sad vibe that she had never felt in any of her pupils... Seiji, don't you smell an odd odor ? He seems to me that's smelling burnt."
"Oh shit !!! The dinner !" The blond ran to the kitchen to return a few moments from there afterwards.
"Ehm... I believe that we will be forced to order something if we want to eat."
"It's not important... I'm not very hungry anymore..."

Seiji returned to sit down close to his friend, whose hands were trembling slightly. "Continue..."

"We spoke quite a lot and a friendship developed rather quickly between us. When she discovered that I lived in a shabby hotel, she proposed for me to live with her. But you know me, I am too proud and I refused. Thereafter, my sight deteriorated suddenly and I had more and more difficulty in getting to the institute. One day, I didn't get there and Lyne got worried. And she had not showed up that day, I would not be here any more..." Tears started to run along the cheeks of Touma, while he rose the sleeves of his sweater to expose his scarred wrists.

The heart of the kendoka skipped a beat from learning that his best friend could have died and that he would have known nothing about it. "Touma..." He didn't find the words to express all that he felt in his heart, so he was content to wrap his arms around the archer. The latter was able to let go in Seiji's protective arms and started sobbing.

"I was hospitalized for several days to recover and started to look past the depression which I had created. It is at this time that Lyne once again offered for me to come to live with her and I accepted." He rested his head on the shoulder of blond. "One week after having moved into her home, I completely lost my sight. As you can think so, that was very hard on me, but Lyne helped me very much. She reassured me and kept me going. She took care of me like a mom would. She reminds me a lot of Shin." Touma smiled, while the tears continued to fall.

For his part, Seiji tried somehow or other to hold in his own tears as he listened to Tenku. "I would have so much liked to be there for you, Tou. Why didn't you talk to me about it ?"

"I didn't want to have you pity me and believed that I would become a burden. Always my lousy pride... I also knew that you would try to look after me with Korin, but you would not manage to do so. Even if you have the gift to cure injuries, it is useless when it comes to diseases."

"But if you had told me, I could at least have been able to help you during that hardship. You are my best friend and you did not give me any chance to prove to you how much you truly mean to me. Please know that you would never have been a burden to me or to the others." Seiji took a deep breathing before continuing. "Touma... I think we need to talk about your letter."

***

To be continued…


Well… We approach to the end. Only one chapter remains. So if you want to read it, you know what I would like ^_^

Reminder : If you can't wait the last chapter and if you can speak French, you can find the complete story in French. The title is "Amour Aveugle".