Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Culpability ❯ chap 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ahahahaha, it's not Seiji who came back but his ancestor!! I know I'm evil and proud of it ^^;; Well, in this chapter I will see Kourin's story, why? You don't have to know, I'm the author I do what I want and if I want to stop the progression of the story to do flashbacks it's my right ^^. I think I watch Captain Tsubasa too much so I need to do flashbacks that last and last long…

Carine^^

Culpability 5

The young blond boy watched attentively his mother who cut with ability bonsai that are on the pavement. They lived in a noble house. It was a famous samurai family's residence and when he would be old enough, his father would train him in martial arts and sword's manual.

He waited this moment with big impatience because that meant many things. He would be considerate as a real member of the Date family and also that as his ancestors before him he would became a strong warrior at the Shogun orders.

But most of all to this young five year old boy that signified passing more time with his father. A father more devoted to his students than his own son. A father he want to made proud of and become the worthy heir. That seemed strange thoughts to a simple child but not to the Date heir who was raised in the spirit of duty accomplishment.

"Kourin, could you bring me the scissors?" Asked the crystalline voice of his mother.

He watched her without a word, she was very beautiful, tall and svelte, and when he was older he would marry a woman like her. A woman totally devoted to her husband. From his mother he received blond hair like sun and piercing amethyst eyes. From his father he would have when older an athletic and respectable stature.

He stood up and brought the precious scissors to his mother. He observed her take care of the miniature trees that were his pride. Sometimes she turned and smiled to him. The young boy smiled in return, savouring these accessory instants that would stop when he began his training. Because then, he couldn't see his mother anymore.

"Your birthday approaches…You know what it means?" he said, breaking the comfortable silence between them. He nodded and she continued.

"We will stop seeing each other apart for family reunions and even then I couldn't speak to you. I would like you to be a girl, like that I would have kept you with me." She stopped to think about the following.

"I hope you will be worth of your father's expectations and you will become a strong samurai even if I hope never see a war which would ask for you."

She took her son by surprise in her arms and hugged him strongly murmuring love words from a mother to his only son in his hear. The child couldn't stop his tears and hugged back convulsively his tender mother in his little shacking arms.

***

The sixth birthday of Kourin came too quickly to his mother's taste. She would loose her baby to her husband family traditions. He would be cut from all feminine presence until his training would be finished, and that would be when his father thought him worth of it.

He would be enthroned in his "new family", the one of the samurai students. From now on, he would spend his days and nights with them. She was afraid to him because he was a child too quiet to his age. Would he be able to be accepted by his comrades and to make friends?

Kourin was wearing a traditional green kimono, a colour he liked very much and was really great with his blond hair. He was sad that it was his last day with his mother, but he was impatient to meet the ones who would share his future years of life.

His father, who was impressive in his dark kimono, approached him. He put his hand on his son shoulder and the child face shined with a smile. He made a sign to another boy who was a little older than Kourin. He had black hair with blue reflects and midnight eyes.

"My son, I would like you to meet my best student, he is like a son to me and you will train with him. His name is Anubis." He said to Kourin.

The two little boys shook hands and followed silently Kourin's father. He was introducing his son to all the guests present to the birthday. The brunette seemed to be wilful and kind; he was taking Kourin's hand hoping he wouldn't feel lost amid all these strangers.

The Date family chief sat down at the end of the table; his wife was a little behind him and his son on the other end of the table. During the meal, he stood up and the assembly shut down to listened to him.

"As you know, today his my son sixth birthday and he will began his training with me. I won't be kind with him, I expect more from him than the others because he is this clan heir and in a near future he will wear proudly its colours."

Looks converged to the blond boy who felt uncomfortable from all the attention. He maladroitly stood up and answered his father under attentive regards from the guests.

"Father, I will be worthy of your respect and I promise you not deceive you in the years you will teach me sword's manual."

When he saw the pride in his father's eyes, his heart puffed up with joy. Yes he would do his possible to become a great member of this family and take the lead when it would be time. His mother , even in the shadow, would always support him his new brother-in-arm followed him till the end, he was sure of it.

***

The training wasn't as Kourin had imagined it. His father was training him personally and didn't forgive his least error. But how could a six-year-old boy compete with a hardened adult? How could he fend off the strong blows of his master when he was too weak to take a real sword?

Yes, his master, he stopped considering him like his father in their first session. He had been harder with him than any other student and he had continued. It was a miracle if the young boy hadn't still something broken. But perhaps he spoke too early.

The stroke was too strong he couldn't stop it. When it knocked down on his forearm; he heard an abominable crack. A throbbing pain that irradiated in his entire arm followed it. Kourin deducted immediately the bone was broken but it wouldn't give his father the satisfaction to saw him cry. He pressed his teeth and continued as nothing had happened.

His relief was immense when the session stopped, he would do something about his arm now. As always, Anubis came see him and worried. He had seen the hit and understood very well that his friend really suffered. He put his hand in his painful shoulder in a gesture full of kindness.

"It's hurting very much?" He asked him.

Tears of the young child were sufficient to answer him. It was only when they were alone that Kourin let himself cry and Anubis was very delighted about it. He liked very much Kourin, it was the young brother he never had as he was an orphan. In fact it was more than that, he wanted to protect the young blond boy, chased away his sorrows and made him smile constantly.

"Don't worry, that will go."

At the same time, they put their hands on Kourin's forearm and then something incredible happened. A white light was as came out their linked hands and wrapped the blonde's wound. The warm emitting from this light entered him and the pain disappeared. When they put out their hands he was totally recovered. The two young boys watched each other and smiled.

"It's the power of our friendship, Kourin."

"Yes, you must be right Anubis, because you're my only friend."

The dark hair boy smiled even more and put a light kiss in the blond hair of his friend. He would always protect him and now he had the power to cure he wouldn't feared he took a bad hit.

TBC…