Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Evil Torrent ❯ The Defeat ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Five
The Defeat





"There's a pathway that will take you to the castle," Hana said.

"Okay," said Ryo.

"Will you be safe?" Cye asked.

"Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself," Hana smiled.

Cye nodded and the five of the Ronins headed off towards the castle.

"How wonderful. The pathetic rodents are coming to get me. What to do?" Sikoya laughed. "I call upon my Death Spirits! Appear!"

Tons of sea green colored spirits appeared out of nowhere, filling the room. "Now my wonderful spirits, I want you to greet our guests in a most welcoming, yet painful way," Sikoya grinned. Moaning, the spirits fly out of the castle and towards the Ronins.

"What are those?" Sage asked.

"Don't know," Ryo said.

Cye squinted his eyes to get a better look and then gasped. "Spirits."

"Say what?" Kento asked, looking at his friend.

"Spirits. Spirits are heading our way. They are the same ones that brainwashed me," Cye said.

"So we'll keep our guard up," Ryo said.

"It's not that simple. These spirits have a way to get into your mind. If you're not careful, they will control you. Just as they controlled me," Cye said.

"We'll just have to avoid that for now," Ryo said.

The spirits fly above the Ronins, then fall to the ground. Each of them facing a Ronin. Cye grinds his teeth as he stares at the them. The spirits suddenly launch wire like things at the Ronins, wrapping them.

"Oh this is a good start," said Kento.

"We have to do something," Rowen said.

"I have an idea," Ryo said and whistled.

Silence fell around them. The rest of the Ronins starred at Ryo with confused faces. That's when they heard a loud roar from behind them. Ryo smiled and turned his head. "White Blaze! Get these wires off us!" The white tiger roars once more and leaps into the battle. Biting each wire off the Ronins, setting them free. "Nice job boy. Now to take care of these goons." One by one, the spirits start charging after the Ronins. "Oh no. Not this time!" Slicing one spirit at a time, Ryo heads towards the main door.

"Ryo!" Cye called.

"What?" Ryo asked, stopping.

"Let me take care of Sikoya!"

"W-what?"

"Look, she's the one who made Hana evil. Not to mention me. I want to teach her a lesson!"

Ryo looks at Cye, then nods. Cye knocks down the spirits in his way, meeting up with Ryo. "Be careful. We'll meet you up there as soon as we're done here," Ryo said.

"Right." Cye heads for the main door while Ryo goes back to fight. Cye opens the door and walks in. The castle is dark, yet there are candles on the walls. His steps echo as he walks through. "Where is it?" Cye thought. He keeps walking until he sees a tall iron door. Taking a deep breath, he grabs the handle and opens it. Mist is in the room, along with more candles. Cye takes one step into the room when the door shuts behind him.

"Welcome Cye," came a voice. Cye walks forward until he sees a tall black chair with a figure in it. "Don't be afraid. You know me well enough."

"You're Sikoya aren't you?" Cye asked.

"Very good. Now that we all know each other, we'll get started." Sikoya gets up from her chair and walks to Cye with a grin on her face. "Okay, here's what we are going to do. You have two choices. One, you can take my side. Or two, you die a painful death. It's your choice."

"I'd rather die then join up with you," Cye sneered.

"No need for an attitude. All you had to say was no," Sikoya grinned. Grabbing Cye's arms tightly, making him wince, she pins him to the wall. Chaining his wrists and ankles to the wall, she summons a spirit who is holding a whip. The spirit takes the whip and wraps it around Cye's throat. "Now, I know your little friends are on their way to help you, but when they do, the fun begins." Cye glares at Sikoya as she walks back to her chair.

"I see a door," Sage said.

"Good," Ryo said. Running to the door, they push it open.

"What kind of a place is this?" Kento asked.

"Not the kind you see everyday," Sage responded.

"Welcome Ronins. I've been expecting you," Sikoya said.

"Who are you? Show yourself!" Ryo demanded.

"Gladly." Sikoya gets up from her chair and slowly walks to them.

"You must be Sikoya," Rowen said.

"So you've heard of me. That's good, because I know all of you."

"Where's Cye?" Ryo asked.

"Glad you asked. Follow me." The Ronins look at each other and follow Sikoya to a side of the room.

"Cye!" yelled Ryo.

"No one touches him. Now, I know you want a battle with me. BUT, there are some rules. Simple rules really, rules that Cye agreed to." Sikoya walks to Cye and the spirit then faces Ryo and the others. "See this whip that's around Cye's throat? Every hit you make, will make this whip tighter around him." Ryo's eyes widen as he heard this. "So, let's battle." Sikoya leaps into the air, doing a flip in the process then lands on the other side. "I'm ready."

"What are we going to do?" Kento asked.

"Not sure. If we hit her, Cye will die," Sage said.

"Come on. More fighting, less chit chatting!" said Sikoya.

"Well Ryo?" Rowen asked.

"Uh....." Ryo looks back at Cye then at the others.

"This is boring. Guess I'll spice it up." Sikoya charges at the Ronins and takes out a long whip.

"LOOK OUT GUYS!" Kento yelled, getting out of the way.

Rowen, Kento, and Sage get out of Sikoya's way, but Ryo was too late. The whip wrapped around Ryo's wrist, stopping him. "Oh look, I got a bit," Sikoya smiled. Ryo starts to struggle, trying to break free. "Oh, and it's a feisty one too. Well, I can't have that." Sikoya pulls back the whip, sending Ryo into a wall. Groaning, Ryo tries to get up. "Still not dead? Okay." Throwing Ryo into the air, Sikoya jumps up and kicks Ryo on his right side.

"RYO!" cried Cye.

"UGH!"

"RYO!" cried Rowen.

"Having fun yet?" Sikoya asked.

"NO!" Cye snapped.

"Too bad, cause I am." Sikoya smiles down at the injured Ryo and picks him up. "You know, seeing people in pain usually fills my heart up. But for some reason, I'm just not feeling it." An energy ball forms in Sikoya's right hand as Kento charges forward.

"No Kento!" Sage said, grabbing Kento's shoulder. "Remember, if we hit Sikoya, Cye will be closer to death."

"I know, but Ryo is going to get killed!" Kento groaned.

"There's nothing we can do," Rowen said sadly.

"Yes there is," Kento said and raced towards Ryo and Sikoya.

"KENTO!" shouted Rowen and Sage.

Sikoya is about to throw the energy ball at Ryo, when Kento knocks Ryo out of her grasp. "HOW DARE YOU!" Sikoya yelled.

"Shove it!" Kento snapped.

"OH, THAT'S IT!" Creating two energy balls, she throws them at Kento and Ryo. Kento lifts Ryo up and leaps out of the way. The two balls clash together, creating a huge explosion. Kento and Ryo crash to the ground.

"Are you two all right?" Sage asked.

"Yeah," Kento said. "Ryo? Ryo wake up!" Shaking Ryo over and over, Sage and Rowen look with concern in their eyes. "Come on Ryo!"

"Ugh...... wha-?" Ryo asked weakly.

"Good. Can you stand?"

"Not sure."

"Kento, he's too weak," Sage said, kneeling down next to Ryo.

"I'll be fine," Ryo said.

"I know."

"You know. You are starting to PISS ME OFF!" Sikoya yelled with fire in her eyes.

"I think she's already pissed off," Kento said.

Sikoya starts glowing and holds two swords in each hand.

"What is she doing?" Kento asked.

"Not sure," Rowen said.

"I'M NOT WAITING ANY LONGER! TIGHTEN THE WHIP!"

The spirit pulls on the whip, making the whip tighter on Cye's throat. Cye starts to choke and can't speak.

"CYE!" Kento yelled.

"Say good bye to your little aqua friend," Sikoya laughed.

"That's it. I'VE HAD IT!" Kento charges at Sikoya, getting ready to attack. But Sikoya takes her swords and aims them at him. The swords hit Kento, sending him to the ground.

"KENTO!" Sage cried.

"Ah.... damn," Kento said, trying to get up.

"Anyone else want a taste?" Sikoya asked with the swords flying back to her.

"Sure. We'll do arrow with sword," Rowen said, standing up with his bow in his hand.

"Whatever you say."

Drawing an arrow Rowen gets set. Little bits of life energy starts to form at the tip of the arrow. "ARROW SHOCK WAVE!" He launches the arrow, directly at Sikoya who throws her two swords at Rowen. As the arrow draws closer, she forms a shield that protects her. The swords head straight for Rowen, hitting him. "GAH!"

"Rowen are you okay?" Sage asked.

"Y-yeah... just got my arm," Rowen winced, holding his arm.

"Sage you're next," Sikoya smiled.

Sage glares at Sikoya who is smiling. "Fine." Sage slowly gets up and holds his sword in place. The two swords go back to Sikoya who sets up. "THUNDER BOLT CUT!" Aiming his attack, Sikoya throws her swords at Sage. Protecting herself from Sage's attack, she watches at the two swords strike Sage's shoulders. Hearing Sage cry in pain, Cye struggles to open his eyes. As the whip gets tighter, his breathing becomes difficult. Opening one eye, he sees all his friends injured and on the ground, moaning in absolute pain.

"And now for you," Sikoya said, turning to Cye. "It was easy beating your pathetic friends. Now it's your turn and after that, I'll get Hana back." Sikoya starts laughing as Cye's rage starts to build. Straining, he breaks the chains that held his wrists and ankles. Taking the whip and crashing the spirit. With fire in his eyes, he glances at Sikoya who is not laughing anymore. Taking his yari in his hand he aims it at Sikoya.

"SUPER WAVE SMASHER!" A beam shoots out from the yari at Sikoya. Sikoya shoots her energy beam at the attack. The two attacks hit head to head.

"Give up! You can't win!" Sikoya yelled, making her attack stronger.

Struggling to hold on, Cye looks to his side and sees his friends. Remembering Hana and seeing his friends injured makes his beam stronger which smacks into Sikoya, destroying her. As the explosion dies down, Cye falls to the ground panting hard.

Waiting patiently, Hana paces back and fourth waiting for the guys to arrive. She stops and sighs, that's when she hears footsteps heading her way. She turns and sees the guys walking towards her. Tears forming in her eyes, she runs to Cye. Still weak, Cye hugs her and smiles, glad that the battle is finally over.