Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Family ❯ Today's gunna suck ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Another loud clap of thunder shook me awake. I rubbed my temples slowly and looked at my watch. Ugh!! It's only 6:45! The bus won't be here until 7:30! I let my arm fall over my eyes and laid there for I don't know how long.
Last night had been one of the worst nights I'd ever had. I had finally fallen asleep around 2-ish and that wasn't all that pleasant either. Oh, and by the way, I've figured out the “charming” couple's names. Amongst the screams and moans that echoed throughout the house last night, I discovered the woman's name was Shimate and the man's name was Takura. Once again, let me stress the word “charming.”
Cold drops of rain still leaked through the roof and had started to gather in a small puddle beside my head. I watched it grow a little larger, the ripples slowly pulling out and forming a larger shape with each drop. I always loved the water. In fact, I think my name meant “born of the sea” or something like that.
I reached out and swirled my fingers slowly in the puddle, the cool water oddly calming and relaxing. I suddenly realized that something in my pocket felt warm and reached down to find the little glass ball glowing softly. That's right, I had almost forgotten about it. It looked a little bit like a marble and swirled slowly with light blue and white streaks kind of like one of those weird lava lamps.
The swirling colors were comforting to watch and don't ask cause you know about as much as I do right about now. I smiled softly as I watched it and decided it was time to get up. I tucked the ball back in my pocket and stood slowly, my joints stiffening against the movement. I felt a flash of vertigo as my nose began to throb a bit but decided to ignore it and rummaged through my bag for some clean clothes to wear.
 
I started down the stairs as quietly as I possibly could, trying not to make a sound that would acknowledge my presence.
* creak * *creeeaakkk* *CREAK!* Bloody hell!! I ran down the rest of the stairs and froze at the bottom, bracing myself in case one of them came around the corner. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. Hmm…safe for now.
I could see Shimate passed out on the ground while Takura was asleep on the couch snoring loudly. Beer bottles and empty pizza boxes littered the floor and I think I could smell urine somewhere in that mix.
I grabbed my jacket and some money, heading quietly towards the door.
*BEEP BEEP*
I froze, my heart suddenly pounding hard in my chest. Why the hell did the bus have to honk?! My panic only escalated as I saw Takura stand slowly and drunkenly, muttering something threatening towards me.
Oh God. I didn't look back as I took off running outside.
“Get back here!” I heard him yell infuriated. Yeah, not gunna happen boy-o.
I ran blindly towards the bus, vaguely aware that my nose had started bleeding again. Something collided with my backpack and I stumbled, nearly falling. I heard the clink of glass on rock and realized that the man was throwing beer bottles at me. The hell-?!
I regained myself and kept running, knowing full well that if I fell I'd be killed here and now in front of the bus. That's not a very appealing thought right now.
I flew through the bus doors and gripped the seat, staring back at the house scared. I had enough time to see Takura take off down the road after us only to slip and fall on his face in a rather large puddle. I didn't have to guess at what he was yelling at me.
“Hey Cye.” A soft voice said from behind me, someone touching my arm lightly.
I jumped a good 2 ft. in the air, whirling around to face the person.
“Whoa, easy there.” The person laughed. “You'll fall over if you do that too quick.”
I saw Ryo smiling happily at me from his seat by the window. However, the instant he saw me his smile fell and a look of concern crossed his face.
“Oh my God. Cye what happened to you? You're bleeding.” He said in a distant voice.
Forcing the nervousness from my voice, I made myself smile. “Oh nothing *laugh* I tripped on my way out this morning. It's not a big deal really.” I continued to smile as if it really wasn't a big deal, praying that he would buy it.
Ryo looked at me skeptically. He didn't buy it, who would? I'm a terrible liar. “Well, you look like you've been to hell and back.” He said finally, sighing softly and moving his stuff over so I could sit down. “ Sit.” He said, setting his backpack on the floor.
Though it had been and invitation, it was also an order and I found I had no place to reject it. I sat down slowly, leaning my head back to stop the bleeding.
“You may want to be careful of that.” Ryo warned, handing me a tissue. “I heard that doing that can cause you to choke on your own blood.”
“Thanks for that image.” I said, laughing softly and accepting the tissue gratefully.
“You know it probably wouldn't kill you to have someone look at that.” He continued, watching me out of the corner of his eye.
I think I nodded but I'm not really sure, everything was all kind of blurry right about then. We rode the rest of the way in silence, nothing but the rain pattering on the roof of the bus.
 
I think Kento has Cye-dar or something on me because he was able to find me the instant I got off the bus.
“Hey ya Cy-Oh my God! What the hell happened?!” I jumped a little as he grabbed me by the shoulders and stared into my face. Man, today's gunna suck.
I laughed again, the same way I had done with Ryo. “I uh, found a door with my face this morning.”
I saw Kento's eyes narrow slightly as he looked at me. He didn't believe it either. Crap, is there a Liars 101 course I can take? He continued to stare at me a long time before saying anything.
“Well if you're sure.” He said hesitantly, waiting for me to say something else. When I didn't, he grabbed his bag and ruffled my hair before walking off to class. And thus begins another long day at school.
 
Cye: The least you could do is make me lie better…
Me: No can do ^^; It wouldn't fit with everything else.
Cye: Of course not