Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Family ❯ Spiffy healing powers and Mia ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Oh my God! Cye, what happened?!” Sage, or maybe it was Rowen? Asked once I walked over to the table. Have I mentioned how much I absolutely hate today? I've been asked this everywhere I've gone. But I guess it's to be expected considering I looked like I just lost horribly to a professional boxer.
“He claims he ran into a door this morning.” Kento said, sitting down beside me and setting his bag down underneath the table.
I felt my face turning red as I tried to avoid the 4 intense stares the assaulted me. It wasn't working all that well. Have you ever wondered why it's your ears that turn bright red first?
After another tense moment of staring, Rowen finally spoke up. “ Hey Sage, isn't there something you can do?”
Out of the corner of my eye I saw Sage nod slowly. “ Sure, I could try something.”
“Try what?” I asked, not really happy with the way this conversation was going.
“Sure man, it's worth a shot.” Ryo spoke up after a second, leaning back in his chair.
“What's worth a shot?”
“Yeah.” Kento said from beside me.
“Yeah what?!”
“Hold still Cye.” He said, reaching out to pin me to my chair.
“ No! Cye will not sit still until you explain to him what you are all talking about!” I tried to make a run for it, I really tried. However, Kento had a death grip on my shoulder and for fear of ripping my arm off I submitted into struggling like a little kid trying to fight off and older sibling. Dammit!! Today just keeps getting better!
Kento thumped me on the head hard enough to make a nice *TWACK!* sound once it made contact. I immediately stopped struggling and looked at him like I had just been shot.
“OW! You thumped me… That really hurt you jerk!” I growled angrily.
He smirked and patted me on the head. “ Good. Now hold still and let Sage do his thing.”
“What thing are we talking about here?” I said suspiciously, looking at the people surrounding me.
Sage just smiled a little and leaned forward. “ I'm going to help you.”
Swing and a miss. “ Uh…ok…?”
His demeanor never changed. “ I can heal you if you'd like me to.”
I looked at him quizzically and looked around at the others but none of them seemed surprised by his comment.
He motioned for me to lean closer and rested his hand over my nose. I tensed involuntarily, expecting it to hurt, but amazingly enough it didn't.
Sage closed his eyes slowly and kept his hand where it was. A feeling of ice and liquid fire suddenly shot through my sinuses and my eyes widened. It felt kind of like I had snorted mouthwash.
After a second he pulled away and looked at my now almost healed nose. “ There, how's that feel?”
“A lot better actually.” I said, still dumbstruck from what had just happened. “Where did you learn how to do that?”
He shrugged and leaned back in the chair, crossing his arms over his chest slowly. “I've been able to do it ever since I was little.”
“Yeah, it actually comes in handy going to this school.” Ryo said pointing to a fight that was about to break out outside.
I nodded absently. Yeah especially in my case. I thought miserably.
“Hey guys!” A cheery voice chirped from behind me.
“Hey Mia.” They all replied in unison.
Mia? I turned to see a girl probably 3 or 4 years older than us standing behind me with a blue binder under one arm. She had long red hair pulled back in a headband and smiled warmly at me.
“Well hello there.” She said happily. “ I don't think I've ever seen you around. Are you a freshman?”
I nodded slowly and smiled a little timidly. “ Yeah, I just started this week actually.”
She returned my smile and extended her hand. “ Well in that case, my name's Mia Koji. I work at the university a few blocks uptown.”
I smiled and shook her hand. “ My name's Cye Mouri. Nice to meet you.”
Mia smiled at me. “ Likewise.”
 
Still good? Let me know!!