Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ Beginning ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: As much as I wish it to be so, I do not own any of the Ronin Warrior/Samurai Trooper characters or previous plot lines of the sort. Those are all property of their creators and Bandai. I do own my own characters that I add in and this new story line however. : P
 
 
 
Author's Beginning Note:
 
OK, this here is a fic that I began to come up with as I thought about random things around me. It is a prioritized fic around the Ronin Warriors…with new enemies and a new face. However, due to my dislike of Mary Sues, you don't have to worry about one appearing here. Let me know what you think, and tell me if you believe that I'm bordering to far on the Mary Sue line…For it must be avoided at all costs!
 
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
 
Day…
 
Night…
 
Dark…
 
Light…
 
 
When the immortal fire grows dim
And the dark begins to overcome the light
The churning of the sea becomes a violent storm
And the throne of rock becomes a seat of doubt
When the stream of stars begins to fade
The eye of ages will open once more.
Thus evil will be diminished
As the spirits will begin their wake
In the temple of their ancient rest
 
 
-The Ancient's prophesy, after the defeat of Talpa.
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
A young brunette stood outside her door, watching the mailman as she fetched the mail for her family. Keen brown eyes scanned the contents in her hands, pulling out a few for herself as she handed the rest to her mother. Looking at one of them, she opened up the envelope with a small smile on her face. Expecting rejection for her hopes, a smile replaced it as she read the letter and gave a whoop of joy. Looking at it, she scanned it once more:
 
Lena Fuire,
 
We have received your application and down payment for the trip to Japan. You have been accepted into the program as a student from high school to high school as a foreign exchange student. The trip itself will last for six months, and the plane tickets are enclosed with hopes that the locations are convenient to you. Thank you and we hope you have a good time. You will be attending….
 
 
“Oh my god! I got accepted!” Lena shrieked, jumping up and down in happiness. She was going to Japan, and nothing would stop her from fulfilling this dream. Diving for the phone, she had to make a phone call right then. Her friend deserved to know!
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“And so the exchange student will be arriving in a week and a half. So please, guys…be nice to her!” Mia smiled, shaking her head at the five guys who were attentively paying attention to her as she waved the paper in her hand, “She's coming straight out of America with no experience as to what Japan is like, except what they have out there and the language.”
 
“Don't worry, Mia! You won't have to worry!” Kento jokingly flexed as he reclined in the chair, “No one will lay a finger on the girl! Well…as long as she doesn't steal my food…”
 
“Kento…no one would steal your food.” Sage spoke his piece, then looked at the woman from where he stood against the wall, “You don't have to worry about it Mia. We'll all behave.”
 
“I'm sure you guys will…but why do I have a worried feeling with that grin on your face, Sage,” Mia teased the blond as she looked to the others who were sprawled in the other chair and the couched.
 
Cye saluted his piece, “No worries. We know what we have to do…we got that covered! As long as no sea food is involved.”
 
He gave his gentle smile as he looked about at the others. Rowan merely shrugged, glancing up at the others, “No sweat. I'm good here! What else is there to say? I mean, come on!”
 
Ryo chuckled from the couch as he looked up at the others with a mere shrug, “I'll keep my temper in line as long as it isn't pushed.”
 
Mia chuckled a bit, shrugging, “Alright then. When she comes, she'll be here for six months, remember to help out all you can…well…within reason.”
 
The guys nodded as Rowen gave a happy salute to the general of the household, “Yes Ma'am!”
 
Chuckling, they all went off to make everything right so that, when the guest arrived, nothing would be out of place or not work right.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kayura watched on, in a pool of water, her prayers coming through and acquiescing to her wishes. The three warlords watched her from the distance they stood, awaiting the orders they knew were to come. The dynasty had not remained inactive, and something was brewing that sent each of their senses haywire. No one could place it. The spirits themselves refused to answer as they sought for answers that were very well beyond their reach.
 
The armors themselves were reacting to this power, and no one could understand why it was that such a surge would resurface in this day and age. With Talpa having been destroyed, everyone believed that it was the end that had finally come. Self doubt lingered, however, and perhaps this was the supreme cause of the apparent lax security efforts. Each of the warlords; Dais, Sehkmet, and Cale each had fought off horde after horde of demons that decided to attack the realm. Each of them had fended them off magnificently, and thus the belief that nothing could resurface originated.
 
“This is bad,” Dais spoke, his tone calm and level as the watchful Cale shook his head.
 
“Yea, you are right. Think the Ronins will be dragged in on this one?” Cale blinked, looking between his comrades, whom each had been given their second chance by fate's decree.
 
“Probably, but then again, the rodents can't really hazard ifs, now can they?” Sehkmet spoke up.
 
“Either way, this storm will be a bad one. I feel it in the currents of the snow,” Cale granted, “Even the dark shows a tremble that no one ever truly believed to be real.”
 
The warlords focused their attention back to Kayura, who was headily making progress as best she could with her prayers. Image after image flashed through her mind when a voice finally spoke the words of a prophesy on the wings of the spirit's voice.
 
When the immortal fire grows dim
And the dark begins to overcome the light
The churning of the sea becomes a violent storm
And the throne of rock becomes a seat of doubt
When the stream of stars begins to fade
The eye of ages will open once more.
Thus evil will be diminished
As the spirits will begin their wake
In the temple of their ancient rest
 
Blinking to herself, the new ancient shook her head. Trust the spirits to reveal their judgment through riddles and rhymes that the ancient before her had passed, yet, in her hand rested the jewel of power that had gone with the poem's legacy. A purple gem rested there, glowing gently.
 
“Jewel of Souls, guide us. This battle may be far worse then what we ever could have imagined,” Kayura's soft voice rang out as she stood, ready to search the dark for a danger that could very well never have been there.
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Author's note: Yea, I know, I know. This is getting off to a rocky start. I could really use some opinions, and if helpful thoughts. I have this idea brewing in my head, so I decided to try my shot at something a little longer then the one-shots that I find are so popular so far. I'm going to continue writing those, even if this story isn't working out. Anyways, please let me know what you think, and thanks to all who read this.
 
Hikaru1617
 
Preview of next chapter: (Got the idea of this from the story, A Clash of Wills: The Eleven Days by Sui Megami. Let me tell you, great story! But I liked the idea of previews the way she did them. Sui…if you don't want me to use these, by all means, I will stop. But, until then, Ja'Ne! ))
 
“I'll see you in six months!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I can't figure it out! What is going on?”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Oh boy, this is gonna get ugly…”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*