Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters of the original Ronin Warriors. I do, however, own any extra characters and the plot line that I come up with.
 
Here goes the second chapter. Who knows how I can put this together. I think it will be that way until I get at least half way through this story. The fact remains that this story, if all bodes well, may even have a sequel. :P Who knows?
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
Chapter one: Arrival
 
 
As the airplane took off, Lena gazed out the window. Her brown eyes reflected the boredom she felt as she began her long plane trip. Glancing once more at the paper in her hands, she smiled. She still couldn't believe that she was actually going to Japan. It was truly amazing, and the fact that she was going to meet these new people had her slightly nervous. Praying that she could remember enough of the language to survive, she knew that this would end out all right.
 
Leaning back, she thought back to when she had talked to her friend, Cat, about all this.
 
Mrah! I can't believe you are going!” Cat had cried, jumping up and down as she hugged her friend.
 
“Cat!...Can't…breathe…”Lena gagged under the insane strength of her shorter friend. Cat merely laughed, as she slowly released her, dropping Lena to the ground trying to catch her breath.
 
Blinking, she looked up at her friend and laughed like a maniac. This was definitely up her alley to be like this. Every time, in fact. However, it was a genuine friendship between the best friends, even though Cat was by far the crazier of the two.
 
“So, when do you leave? What are you going to do? Where are you going to stay? And what will ya bring me back?” Cat grinned, firing off the rapid questions before Lena had a chance to recover from the sudden attack on her person.
 
“A week and a half, a household run by a Mia Koji person. I hear she is really nice…and I have no clue what it is that I'm going to bring back for you. I guess that I will have to do that closer to the time when I head back.” Lena said, slowly sorting out the questions in her mind before answering them, “Either way, it'll be an interesting time. Something tells me that it will be!”
 
Lena blinked slightly at the thought of what had happened when she had told her friend of that. It was even funnier when she had to leave the airport. But at least her family itself had been supportive of the venture. They all understood what it was like to want to do something as bad as she had, and had made sure that she had been able to go. She loved her mom and dad for it. Right away, each member of her rather large family had been adamant that she went and had a good time. Nothing like the now for a junior in high school. Strangely enough, due to the system of Japan's schooling systems, she'd be considered a sophomore. Either way, this was definitely something that she knew would enjoy.
 
Her mother reached over and gave her a hug as she readied to head into the flight terminals past the point that her family could follow. Her siblings had stayed home, opting to give her and their parents more space in the vehicle as they made the trip.
 
“I love you Mom. Keep everyone out of trouble while I'm gone,” Lena smiled up at her mother, then embraced her father with the same gruff affection.
 
“You keep yourself out of trouble as well, Hun. We'll miss you a lot, but I think we can all manage,” Mrs. Fuire said. Nodding to herself, she kept her hands to herself to keep from holding her oldest daughter back from going. Her husband walked forward once more and ruffled his daughter's hair.
 
“You watch out for the boys, Lena. They'll keep you all at bay if you aren't careful!” her father teased her as he looked down at her with his humorous face. His wry smile showed the fact that he thought that it wouldn't really have to be a concern.
 
Cat ran up to where her friend stood, smiling in her own way as she gave her friend one last strangle hug, “I'm going to miss you. Write often!”
 
“You know I'll try. Just gotta hope I don' get as forgetful as I usually am,” Lena teased as she was released from the hug.
 
“See that you don't forget!” Cat smiled as she handed a small package to Lena to open on the plane, and watched Mrs. Fuire step forward once more with some cards in her hands, “These are phone cards, Lena. Use them to call us so that you don't get charged longed distance international.”
 
“Thanks mom. Well, I better go! I'll see you in six months!” Lena turned while she waved, heading to the flight terminal, ready to head out on her trip, praying that the people she was going to meet would be able to get along well with her and vice versa.
 
“Heh, my crazy friends. Just like her to give me this,” Lena smiled, looking at what had been in her package. In her hand rested a bit of candy that Lena had an addiction to, and found that she couldn't really stop eating. Rice candy was just too much of an addiction for her, and it never stopped till it was gone. Smiling, she popped piece in her mouth and with a content sigh, relaxed against her seat with a small sigh to await the rest of the hours that were to fill her time before arrival at California out of Colorado, which would then take her to Japan.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Sage gave a bored sigh as the rest of the guys seemed to bustle with energy around the house. Today was the day that the exchange student would arrive, and Mia had them all on the outs to make sure that things were going to be alright for when they did come. She would be made welcome, they all promised that.
 
Cye smiled gently in his own calm way as he prepared the dinner that would be out to great their new guest and roommate. The girl apparently ate no meat, so he found a delicious challenge in trying to prepare the right food to follow the diets that each of the people followed.
 
Kento, his usual goofy self, made a bee line for the kitchen, attempting to be stealthy as Rowan read a book, relaxing for the moment. Ryo was upstairs helping Mia put together the final bits of the room that would go to the girl.
 
“OUCH!” Kento's loud voice was heard throughout the house as the others looked up amusedly from their various positions and actions.
 
“If you don't like it, then get out of the kitchen! It isn't dinner time, or even close, Kento,” Cye's voice confirmed the assumptions of everyone. Kento was begging tidbits again, and he was far worse then any begging puppy was.
 
A chuckle drew the blond's attention to the couch, where Rowen seemed to not be paying as much attention to the book as Sage had thought. Walking over to his friend, he sat down in the chair across from him.
 
“So, what do you think she'll be like?” Rowen asked, thinking tentatively about it for a moment.
 
“Not to sure, actually. I just hope she isn't a complete…err…”
 
“I get the point. But knowing you, you'll have her swooning at your feet the moment she arrives,” Rowen teased his friend, then laughed at the raised eyebrow offered in his direction as a small smile lined Sage's face.
 
“It's why you're called the Flirt King, isn't it?” Ryo's voice resounded from the stairs from where he stood. A pillow flew in his direction as he laughed, dodging it only to find that a surprised Mia got smacked right in the face with it.
 
“Ompf!” Mia cried, staggering back as Ryo reacted as fast as he could, grabbing her arm to steady her.
 
“Oh Mia! I'm sorry, I meant to hit Ryo,” Sage said, contritely.
 
Blinking to herself, she shook her head as Rowen's laughs could be heard over the entire escapade, “It's alright…I think…”
 
She grinned, picking up the pillow and throwing it back at him as she shook her head, “Well, have to go the airport now. She'll be arriving in an hour, and I want to be there on time to pick her up.”
 
“I'll go with you,” Ryo said, standing over her shoulder.
 
“As will I,” Rowen said, standing up with a stretch as Sage merely shrugged, opting to stay behind.
 
“Should I ask Cye...or Ken…”Mia was cut off as a loud crash resounded from the kitchen as Kento once again pushed his luck to far, and forced Cye to defend the realm of the kitchen, “Oh boy…this is gonna get ugly.”
 
 
~*~*~*~*~8~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**
 
After a who knows how many hour flight from California to Japan, Lena now finally was allowed to set foot upon the ground of the international airport. Thankfully able to stretch, she quickly ran a brush through her hair and adjusted her mussed up clothing as best as she could. Eager to make a good impression, she quickly ducked into the closest restroom to make sure. With quick hands, she adjusted her brown hair into her usual pony tail and ran firm hands over the jeans and purple shirt that was her choice to wear. With her backpack over her shoulder, she turned out and began to walk down the terminal walk way as she headed into the main area.
 
Glancing about, she stifled a yawn as she felt her heart thump in nervous anticipation. Today was the time, and she knew that it was going to be a new and different experience. Savoring the idea to herself, she walked, looking around for any clue that she could find that would let her know who it was that she would end up leaving with. All she knew was the name of the woman who she would be staying with. She had passed back and forth a couple letters with the woman, to make sure that everything was alright on the levels that needed to be. She had a pretty good idea of what was going to be about. Five rambunctious guys who were as different as the elements themselves, and a giant white kitty.
 
“Oh well….better find them,” glancing about, she saw a young woman with auburn hair holding a sign with Kanji and English both on it, clearly stating her name. Smiling, she walked forward a bit towards the woman, whom she assumed was Mia. The nervous thumping became more noticeable then before as she made her way to the woman.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Where is she? I mean, she was supposed to be here already, isn't she? What a crowd…”Ryo said, glancing about as he sighed. He could almost feel his temper rising from all the people bumping into them and shuffling about. This many people just didn't sit well with him at one time.
 
“Be patient, Ryo. The plane landed not that long ago, and besides, it's a long trip from America to here. You have to be patient. Either way, we should be able to get a good idea of who she is. She'll look different from any Japanese person anyways,” Rowen said calmly, looking at Ryo with an eyebrow raised.
 
Mia merely giggled at this, knowing that Ryo was going to blow his top if they weren't careful. Something about that boy just always made it so she knew how close he was to blowing his top, or accepting the challenge of anything else, but she chalked it up to sisterly insistence and attention. Gripping her sign to herself, she tilted her head to the side with a small shrug.
 
“I know, but I just can't figure this out. What's going on!” Ryo cried out with a frustrated sigh. Folding his arms, he closed his eyes in a mannerism he picked up from Sage.
 
“Patience, Ryo. Patience. Don't worry about it so much,” Mia smiled up at Ryo, instantly cooling off the temper that was beginning to boil in its depths. Rowen watched on in interest as he smiled to himself.
 
“Umm…are you Mia Koji?” A female voice said from off to the side of them. They turned at once to see a nervous looking girl with her hair tied back in a ponytail. She nervously fiddled with the strap on her backpack as her denim covered legs shifted from side to side. Focusing chestnut colored eyes upon the people in front of her, she waited for her answer.
 
“Yes, I am,” Mia smiled, “Would you be Lena Fuire?”
 
The girl broke into a relieved smile as she nodded at that, “I am. I'm very pleased to meet you.”
 
“No need to be so formal. Call me Mia.” Mia smiled at her as the girl nodded, “Please call me Lena.”
 
“Sure!” Mia laughed as the to guys stood beside her, reminding Mia to make introductions, “These two are two of the boys that I wrote about in the letters I sent you.”
 
Rowen looked at Ryo, who stepped forward and held his hand out in a shake with his customary smile, “I'm Ryo. Pleased to meet ya!”
 
Lena smiled and shook his hand firmly with a smile as Rowen stepped forward and grasped her other hand and shook it as firmly as the one that Ryo had given, “I am Rowen. Glad to see you made it here alright.”
 
“It's a pleasure to meet both of you. I'm Lena,” She laughed softly as she shook their hands, feeling the first vestiges of nervousness leave her in the wake of these twos friendly greetings.
 
“Come on. Let's go get your bags, and then we can head home,” Mia smiled, pulling her gently to the airplane line as Lena mused to herself, Are all of the guys this cute?
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*
 
Cye sighed. This was the tenth time he had chased out Kento from the kitchen, and it was starting to get rather annoying. His persistence was relentless, and in the end, he would have to bribe him. He wished that Ryo or Rowen had stayed behind instead of going with Mia, since they were pretty good at chasing the boy away from the kitchen without worry or care. Fiddling with his all-mighty spatula, he warily watched for the stocky youth as he began to put the final touches on the meal he had prepared.
 
“Kento, come out. I know you are there,” Cye said softly, his voice a mild reprimand of annoyance.
 
“Aww, come on Cye. You know you could spare even a little bit. I'm fading away,” Kento whined a bit, flopping forward towards the island that the stove was attached to, “You don't have to be stingy.”
 
“I'm not being stingy, not by any means at all. You know that over half of this food goes into your stomach, mate. So deal with it for now. I promise you, we'll have dinner as soon as our guest arrives. Then we can all eat together,” Cye gave a small smile as he tried to encourage his friend to leave him alone long enough to actually finish the job that he was trying to complete. Sometimes he wondered if it was hopeless that he even tried.
 
Kento sighed, giving the frustrated puppy face before shutting up for the next couple of seconds. His hand was red enough from the smacks he had received, so pushing his luck once more may not be exactly what he had in mind. But…maybe he could get away with it…it's possible…He reached forward, inching towards the plate in front of him, trying to get to the bit that was closest to the edge of the plate.
 
A flash of silver and a loud slap was all that was heard before Kento withdrew his had with a whimper, shaking it out as much as he could. Cye just sighed once more, defending the food as best as he could.
 
Sage watched the typical battle between the two best friends, and just shook his blond head. An idle hand brushed at the strands of hair in front of his eye and just shook his head as his keen hearing picked up the sounds of a car pulling up into the driveway. Smirking slightly, he spoke into the kitchen, “They're here.”
 
Immediately, Kento stopped whimpering and became his usual excitable self as he jumped up from his seat, the goofy grin in place once more. Cye immediately fixed everything so that it wouldn't burn in the absence from the kitchen. They walked around to the front of the house to be met with the sight of a Red Jeep and their friends tumbling out of it. Cye, Kento and Sage stood in front of the manor, watching.
 
Rowen jumped out of the car first, grinning in his own mischievous way as he hopped around the side of the car in a jolly manor. Ryo followed him, brushing the back of his head and laughing at Rowen as Mia followed suit as she opened the door. The passenger side door opened on the car as the other young woman opened her door. Standing up, all they caught a glimpse of brown hair followed by her own youthful face.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Mia's brisk chatter and the friendly talk with the two boys in the car did much to put Lena at ease. She smiled brightly more then several times, and Rowen seemed to be a major goof. Ryo was a far more straight forward type of person, but he too had a since of something that just drove her to believe that he was definitely a leader type of person.
 
Driving up to the manor, her eyes bugged out. She couldn't believe that the house was this big, “Oh my god…you live here?!”
 
Mia laughed, to be joined in with the others. Rowen spoke up, “We all said that as well when we first came to the house.”
 
“Trust us, our jaws were dropped,” Ryo laughed a bit as well.
 
“I inherited it when my grandfather died. Trust me, I didn't buy it” Mia sounded amused as she put the car into a stop and parked it. Rowen, still chuckling over the manor comment, bounded out with Ryo close on his heels. Mia turned to look at Lena as she smiled, “You don't have to worry. I promise you, these guys are totally nice and you have nothing to worry from the other three.”
 
Lena smiled at Mia, with a nod, “I'm sure of it. I know I can trust you, Mia.”
 
Mia smiled with a nod, and opened her car door and headed out of the car. Slowly, Lena leaned over and opened the car door. That stupid nervous feeling was back, and fluent in her chest as her heart began to thump. There wasn't any real reason for it, she knew, but it was still there and she couldn't escape from it.
 
Stepping out of the car, she slowly stood and stretched, looking to where Mia stood. There, three more guys stood, each in their own respective poses. Blinking softly, she quickly turned her attention to closing the door then back to the guys where Mia was waving her over. Step by step, she looked up at the three that stood with kind smiles of their own fashion.
 
“Hi…I'm Lena Fuire. Pleased to meet you all,” Lena smiled softly, running a nervous hand through her pony tail.
 
“I'm Kento! Sometimes people call me a hardhead, but I'm not all that bad!” The ash black haired boy spoke.
 
The brown haired boy spoke up, a shy smile lining his face as he looked up at her, “I'm Cye. Hope your trip was alright.”
 
The blond haired boy gave a grin as he focused his piercing gaze upon her face as he lifted her hand and brought it to his lips, “I'm Sage. Pleased to meet you.”
 
Lena stuttered a bit surprised that he had pulled something like that, then gathered herself together as she pulled her hand back to herself. She bowed slightly to each of them with a small smile. Somehow, she knew that this was going to be an interesting time no matter what, “I'm Lena. I hope we can get along just fine.”
 
~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*
 
Author's Note: Yea, so here is the first chapter. I figured that more of the action will come in later on, since I really can't help that part. Lol I had to find the ways and figure out the introductions. Sometimes it's really hard to keep these guys in character! Anyways, yea.
 
Hikaru1617
 
Cat is a tribute to my only Beta reader at the moment. And here is what she has to say:
 
The Sacred Bovine says: No cows were hurt in the making of this chapter MRAHAHAHAHA!!!
 
Here are the thank you to the reviews. The only one is from ff.net. Thanks!
 
Meira Evenstar: Thank you so much! You can't believe what it does for me to see the support that you are putting behind me just cause you like what I've written so far. It's made it so that I don't want to stop coming up with the next chapters. And, you know, you are a lot of help whether you think so or not!
 
 
Preview:
You know…you don't have to pull that on me…
~*~*~*~*~
Wow! This is awesome!
~*~*~*~*~*~
Ok, are you always like this?