Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ The power of nine sought to find ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the RW characters or such like that. The characters I own are all the extras…i.e. Lena, Minako, Kakeshi, Takeo, Lethias, and Akiko and whoever else I decide to introduce.
 
Here goes the next chapter. Its number 5 now, I believe, and I hope that you like this one as well as the others. The action should start to heat up, and hey, why not? Feel free to give suggestions. I'll gladly take them into consideration.
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
Chapter 5: Power of Nine sought to find
 
 
“Ok, so his name is Lethias?” Mia asked, taking up her usual position from behind her computer. Rapidly, her fingers began to type as the guys stood in various places around her.
 
“Yea, that is what Kayura said to us. He's after someone who apparently can talk to and see spirits…whatever like that,” Rowen said.
 
“Sounds like an ancient principle, really,” Mia said, the computer flashing before her face.
 
“What do you mean, Mia?” Sage said, standing beside the door.
 
“Well, it's actually an ancient principle used with the Native Americans of the Americas and areas like that. They believe that all natural things have a spirit. Apparently, this person that you are searching for would naturally follow the same principal, if they can see and do what you have described,” Mia said, looking up as the computer once again rang up a negative response. Cracking the code that her grandfather had was no easy job, and the passwords were always different to get the different information.
 
“Yea, I remember hearing about that,” Cye said, thoughtfully, “Lena said something about it. Apparently, it's something her mother always taught her to believe.”
 
The guys looked at him, and then turned to each other, “We could ask her…but…”
 
“We'd have to do it in a way that she wouldn't know that something was up, right Sage?”
 
The blond nodded, replying in kind, “Yea, but I think we should really pay attention to the information that Mia can possibly come up with.”
 
“Well, I'm not getting anything right now. For the most part, I think it will be that way. I'll question Lena later about that belief, but for the mean time, go get some rest. Your school vacation is in just a few days…you really shouldn't mess up now.” Mia smiled with a nod, “My classes already ended, so it's easy enough to fill in the blanks.”
 
The guys nodded in relief as they filed out, Ryo lingering just a moment longer as he watched the young woman at the computer.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Damn…what is this?!” Lena glanced about frantically, looking around at the barren landscape. What was it about this place that set her so one edge? Turning to the side, she spotted the creature that sent such worry down her spine.
 
Her eyes widened as a black figure closed in closer to where she stood, having appeared out of no where. The smirk upon his face bore nothing short of malice as he held his hand to her. His black hair acted almost as a cape as his yellow eyes glinted at her suddenly frail figure.
 
Watch out!
 
She backed up away, glancing wildly about. The voice…it had spoken to her before…hadn't it?
 
Leave her be! Lethias!
 
Lethias? Who is that?
 
A young woman suddenly stood between her and the sinister being in front of her with a bright flash of light. In her hands, she held a golden monk's staff, whose rings were swinging around like a wildfire spreads, “Leave her be!”
 
“No Kayura, I don't think I can…”The man suddenly frowned, looking around at the swirling beings that suddenly blocked him from her form. Lena blinked, not understanding a single bit of this, but knowing that something was wrong with this guy. He raised his hand to the sky, a vicious looking sword in his hands as he swung it down towards the one known as Kayura's head. Her eyes widened, her feet frozen in place as fear consumed her…
 
Lena sat upright in her bed, breathing hard to herself. Looking side to side, she slowly recognized that this was her room at Mia's. Nothing looked barren or dead about it, and thankfully, no strange man stood with a sword ready to kill her. That dream…it was truly a nightmare…and just remembering it sent chills up and down her spine.
 
“Damn…what was that? Who was that?”
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
“NO!” Kayura snapped to attention, shocking the other warlords about her. Each of them stepped aside, Cale looking rather puzzled as he glanced between his mistress and the food he had brought to try to get her to eat. What was so wrong about it?
 
“Oh hell!” Kayura cursed, stepping aside as the ancient's staff began to clatter. The rings began to react as she watched on in amazement, “The spirits have chosen the person who they believe to fit the bill of their needs.”
 
Glancing back over at the three men, her eyes held all traces of the malice they used to have when she was working with Talpa himself. Dais swallowed then looked up at her, “That isn't why you are angry though, is it?”
 
The young woman shook her head, glancing at the Jewel, which now was beginning to react with the Ancient's staff, “No. It's because Lethias knows it as well. And he's been searching for the young one the way that I hadn't thought to do it yet.”
 
The warlords blinked at each other, not even daring to bicker as they awaited the rest of the news, “He has begun to search through the dreams of people. He found the soul; he just doesn't know who it is that it belongs to. I intervened fast enough.”
 
“How did you do that?” Sehkmet's voice sounded skeptical, wondering as he watched Kayura through narrowed eyes.
 
Kayura's glare was hard enough to peel paint as she glanced at the young man, “I felt the spirits cry. They called for help, and the staff pulled me there. It was all I could do.”
 
“If that is the case, then why is it that you are so worried? You stopped him, after all,” Cale shrugged.
 
“I didn't stop him permanently, only for the moment, just enough to pull the child from the dream. But the main problem is this…she doubts what is happening to her. She doesn't know what it is…and Lethias is ready to make his move,” Kayura looked up, her eyes serious once more; “We need to warn the Ronins.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Sage bolted upright in his bed. An evil aura had been in the house, and the fact that he hadn't caught it sooner gave way to the belief that this thing was definitely better then he thought. Looking to the side, he saw that Rowen was still asleep. Shaking his head, he pulled himself from the bed, knowing that he wasn't going to sleep anymore that night.
 
The aura was gone, as soon as it had come. Something had beaten it back, and he wasn't sure what it was, “I better go meditate on this…I don't like the evil I sensed from that.”
 
He walked outside his room as quietly as he could, only to be met with Cye at the kitchen table, looking like something had pulled up and terrified him.
 
`You felt that?' Cye questioned, not daring to voice this out loud.
 
“Yea, it was sinister. You usually don't feel something like that.”
 
“You would know. What do you think it was after?”
 
“I'm not sure…but I do know that it was searching for something…”
 
The boys looked at each other, their faces suddenly looking far more haggard then before. Something was going to happen soon, they could feel it.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~*~~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
“So, who are you going to that dance with?” Akiko asked, her eyes sparkling with mischief as she spoke with Lena. Together, they were wandering the halls in the school the next day, their break period going on.
 
“You know, nobody,” Lena laughed a bit, tilting her head to the side.
 
Her friend just raised her eyebrows, shaking her head from side to side as she thought about it, “Nobody huh? I would have thought that one of those five were going to asked you.”
 
Lena gasped at that, turning slightly read as Akiko laughed at what she had just said, “Now that isn't fair!”
 
Akiko just laughed, looking at a flier of the dance with a smile. She thought about what it was going to be like, A Night of Stars. That was the theme, and the decorations were always something to be proud of.
 
“What's wrong, `Kiko?” Lena asked tilting her head to the side.
 
“Nothing, just wondering how I can con you into going with someone totally hot, and enough to piss even Minako off,” Akiko grinned.
 
Yes…you should piss her off. We don't like her at all…
 
Lena blinked at that, shaking her head a bit. Where had that echo come from? It certainly wasn't Akiko at all.
 
We've always been here…you just never heard us before…
 
“Hey Lena?” Akiko waved a hand in her face.
 
Stepping back, surprised and trying to shake that off, “Y-yea? What is it?”
 
“You didn't hear me, so I had to do that,” Akiko said, frowning a bit, “You alright?”
 
Lena forced a smile, “Yea, I'm fine. SO, what were you asking me?”
 
“Just if you thought that Sage would be a good choice as to someone to go to the dance with you,” Akiko grinned.
 
“Oh for the love of…” Lena rolled her eyes, trying to hide the small blush at the mere thought of being able to go with him.
~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“So, that's who Lethias is?” Rowen asked, looking over Mia's shoulder.
 
“Yea. It's said that he is a demonic lord whose primary goal is the gain control over what others have. His evil intentions usually encompass those he believes to be useful, and his usual source of power comes from the nether spirits themselves, if I interpreted this all right,” Mia said, rubbing her temples in a circular motion.
 
“This would explain why he wants them revived. I can understand that much,” Sage said, glancing up in thought.
 
“Exactly,” Mia said, nodding, “But I'm afraid that's the most of what I have. At least what I have translated.”
 
“Well, it's a start. At least we know why, but I just hope we can stop him before anything happens,” Ryo said, sighing with frustration.
 
“Well, you guys should go think about that dance coming up. Do you even have dates?” Mia smiled, shrugging a bit at that, and then smiling again as the other guys fidgeted. It was obvious what had happened.
 
“Oh yea! I forgot all about that,” Sage smiled to himself, wryly as the other guys just groaned, having forgotten all about it as well.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Lena sighed, walking home, having dodged Kakeshi yet again. Damn that guy was getting annoying…was all he ever thought about concerned with beating up kids and pestering her to death?
 
Most likely…
 
Lena jumped, looking around and whirling from side to side, “What the hell was that?”
 
Just us…we've always been here. We told you that earlier…
 
“Oh man…am I going insane?” Lena asked, her eyes widening, “I'm starting to hear voices…maybe it's the stress….yea…it's got to be. That's all there is to it. Stress…”
 
Yea right…and we are an evil force in mystical armor…
 
Ok, this was getting just plain weird. Shaking her head, Lena decided that a nap was the best option as she ran home. This had to stop! Maybe Rowen had books on something like this. She remembered seeing him looking through one all about mind disorders. Maybe she could figure it out that way…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
Author's Note: Well, here is the next chapter. The interesting things should be happening in that one. I wanted them to come in this one, but I thought that it would have been too much on this one, considering that my mind is definitely on the fritz. Hehehe, anyways, I think I'm going to have Lethias finally make an entrance…but I'm fried on ideas of what to happen when that does.
 
Hikaru1617
 
Reviews: Thanks a ton you guys! All are from ffnet.
 
Inda: Opps. I didn't realize. :P But it's al good, and I do think your story is pretty good. And there is no reason to say sorry, it's all good! ^^
 
Lyo: Thanks a ton about what you have said. I hope that you will want to continue with reading it. And I am trying to make it so she is natural, but it really gets difficult at times.
 
Meira Evanstar: Sorry for being a little late. (Hehehhehe), but I can try! Anyways, not a problem about your story, I do like it. And I understand writer's block; I'm forcing my way through a bit right now. Oi! And as for the suggestion? Thanks for it! Lol, I appreciate it. If this story works out, I may come up with a sequel…Which I hope works out.
 
 
Preview: ((I'm trying something a little different. Lol))
 
Lethias…why do you dare to show yourself now?” Ryo cried, his temper flaring in rage as he surveyed the damage that had been collected from the attack.
 
Simple, I've come for my prize. After all, you already seem to know all about it, Lethias grinned to himself as he looked around for the person who was supposed to be able to connect with the spirits. Kayura glared, holding her staff at the ready. This wasn't something that they would escape without injury, that much she was certain.