Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ Dances and Demons ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Due to the fact that I am not rich enough, I do not own the characters of Ronin Warriors by any means. I just own everyone else. : P
 
Ok, here we go. This chapter I'm hoping works out a bit better then the last one, and things are going to start progressing far faster then I've been letting them…or so I think. Sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to, right? The chapter is finally edited and ready to go!: D
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
Chapter 6: Dances and Demons
 
 
 
Morning came two days before the dance that the entire school was talking about. However, Lena was found, asleep on the couch that morning, a thick book on top of her chest, and her head tilted on her hand in a rather uncomfortable fashion. It was obvious that she had spent the entire night there, since she was still in the clothing she had worn that day. This was exactly how Sage had found her in the morning, as he shook his head, dumbfounded.
 
“The only ones who are supposed to be having sleepless nights are us…and we have good reason for that,” Sage grinned, wryly as he shook his head. Leaning over, he moved the book from her as his mind worked out some rapid calculations. No one else would be up for another hour or two, meaning that he could just slip her in her bed for a more restful period of time, and all would be good.
 
Glancing at the book in his hands, he realized that it was one of Rowen's rather thick novels. He blinked at the title, Mind Disorders and Symptoms. Now why in the world would Lena want to read that? Frowning a bit, he glanced at the page that had been open. Schizophrenia? I don't think she has to worry about that…so why read up on it?
 
Shaking his head, he set the book aside to ponder a little later, as he shifted her weight against him to pull her up the stairs. All she did in response was turn into him, resting her head on his shoulder. He sighed…it should make it easier…but why was she all of a sudden almost too heavy to carry? Glancing at his sleeping charge, he lightly pounded away at the stairs, bringing her to her bed for at least a little better of sleep. Maybe he should talk to Mia about her being up. If she was falling asleep like that, it means she must have been up all night…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kayura transported herself to a building in the city, near the school that the Ronins attended. By choice, she had gone alone, figuring that it was best that way as she glanced about quietly. Grasping her staff tightly, her fingers ran along the cloth of the armor she wore, the armor of the ogre. Frowning to herself, she shook her head, feeling surges of evil energy from various places all around. The jewel resided in her hand, glowing faintly as if to say that it felt it as well. It was her link to the spirits, how she could act as the chosen, instead of the other for the time being.
 
“So…Lethias…make your move,” Kayura said, turning to head towards the manor, to see what the Ronins were up to, and to know if it was alright to give them the update.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Hmm….?” Lena woke up finding herself in her own bed, much to her amazement. Blinking sleepily, she sat up and looked out the window with widening eyes, “I'm LATE!”
 
Lena thundered out of her bed, blinking in the light that was obvious the kind you got around ten in the morning. Whipping around, she never threw on her clothing as fast as she had then, her shoes on a moment later and a brush being run through her hair. Jumping out of her room as she tried to do this, she darted to the restroom in a desperate attempt to make sure that she could at least brush her teeth before storming out of there.
 
White Blaze ambled his way up the stairs to see what all the commotion was, his brown eyes closing in a minor wince as he saw Lena trip and fall right before the restroom in an ungraceful heap. Giving a small tiger woof, he went to go find Mia.
 
“Ouch…” Lena winced, closing her eyes slightly, then quickly picking herself up and pulling herself to the sink. Just like her to fall just like a…just like…
 
A klutz? Man…you are bad. I didn't think Humans could fall like that…
 
Lena jumped up, suddenly, her eyes widening as she glanced about frantically. It was those voices again…was it her or were they getting worse?
 
Worse? What…I'd think that we are talking to you is a good thing…
 
“Oh cripes…this isn't good,” Lena's eyes widened a bit as she listened a bit more then she believed that she ought to, “I…oh great. Maybe I am Schizophrenic…”
 
Shaking her head to herself, she blinked, splashing water into her face as she tried to still her shaking hands. Just then, she saw a reddish brown head pop around the corner with a small smile, “Glad to see you are awake!”
 
Lena looked up to face Mia and forced a smile, “Uh...thanks….but why did you guys let me sleep? I'm totally late!”
 
Lena blinked as she said that, ready to bolt again as Mia shook her head, “I called you in. You aren't going to school today…the guys found you sleeping downstairs and made sure that I did that so that you could sleep and endure their telling you off when they get back.”
 
That did bring a smile to her face as she sighed, “I'm so screwed.”
 
“Yup. But on a different note, it gives us time to shop for a dress for both of us,” Mia smiled with a small shrug.
 
“Dress? Can't I just wear a pair of nice slacks? Wait a minute…Both?” Lena blinked at that.
 
“Yup!”
 
She's going to the dance with Fire Boy…
 
“Don't tell me…you are going to the dance? With Ryo?” Lena grinned, forgetting that it was the voices who even suggested it as Mia nodded, flushing slightly, “And you said yes?!”
 
“Well…I didn't want to let him down…so…” Mia stuttered.
 
“I think it's great!” Lena cried, jumping up slightly as she got ready at a slower pace, forgetting that she would have to find a dress for herself.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
“Are you serious?” Ryo cried, leaning back against a tree in the school yard. He faced Kayura with all the seriousness that he possessed as the others took in the information that Kayura had just given them.
 
“Great…the spirits have chosen…does this mean Lethias is supposed to show up soon?” Rowen asked, looking at the Ancient.
 
Kayura nodded sadly, letting them take it in. Her staff was no where in sight, her clothing made to blend in with the area as she stood amongst the boys in a pair of jeans and a green t-shirt, “They have chosen, and Lethias is already aware of the problem. He is getting ready to move…he must want those nether spirits more then I thought he had. The evil forces are massing, and I'm pretty sure they intend to strike soon.”
 
“Damn…”Sage said, shaking his head, “Right when we are supposed to be getting ready for that dance.”
 
“Dude! Why are you even worrying about that dance at a time like this?” Kento yelled at him, shaking his head in disbelief.
 
“That's like asking you why you worry about food all the time, Kento. Nobody knows,” Cye grinned a bit, then turned to the rest of the group, “Meaning we had better be ready, cause we are gonna be fighting soon, right?”
 
Kayura nodded at them, “Yes. The warlords and I will be on standby, watching and waiting. When you see us next, it will be time for the fight. I suggest you boys enjoy this dance that's coming up, because I don't think you'll get another chance to enjoy yourselves in a long while.”
 
“Great, the calm before the storm…how exciting,” Sage said, his voice dripping sarcasm that normally didn't show itself in him.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Two days had passed, and the day with the dance had arrived. The guy's excitement was dampened by the knowing that an attack could happen at any time, and it would happen soon. Each of them had agreed unanimously that they wouldn't tell Mia or Lena of what was going on, since Mia was already too involved at this point with the research, and Lena knew nothing about it as it was…so why tell her?
 
Mia, however, didn't have these reservations as she dressed herself up in a gorgeous red dress she had bought for herself the day she had pulled Lena along shopping. The dress extended to her mid-calf, flowing easily about it, but accentuating her feminine figure nicely with a halter like top. Making herself up was easy, and she definitely believed that. Lena…however, was a rather larger problem. Why did the girl have to be that difficult about wearing a dress? Much less anything else that might go along with it?
 
“Come on girls! We are going to be late!” Kento yelled impatiently up the stairs with a small grin as the others smiled.
 
“Come on Kento, what did you expect? It takes girls forever to get ready! Just be patient!” Sage laughed.
 
Ryo chuckled, and then shifted nervously. He hadn't thought that Mia would accept his offer of going to the dance with him, and it put him on edge. He didn't know what to say or do, but opted to try his best. He didn't get often to try to impress the slightly older girl, and he was going to try not to botch it up.
 
Rowen chuckled a bit, looking at Ryo and the others, “You guys know you just want to see them all dolled up.”
 
Sage looked unabashed as he shamelessly smiled at his friends. Kento sputtered slightly, stating that they were sisters to him. Cye just chuckled a bit as Ryo looked off the side looking rather flushed.
 
“Ok guys, I'm ready,” Mia called from the stairs with a smile. Ryo's mouth dropped as he hastily pulled it back into place and put on the most amazed smile he possessed as he walked forward to offer her his arm, “Ready to go?”
 
Mia giggled a bit, grasping his arm lightly as she walked down the stairs with a smile, “Why thank you sir.”
 
“Mia, you look great,” Ryo whispered softly, smiling at her gently.
 
Mia smiled at him with a small nod, blushing a bit from the praise. The other guys just smiled at the exchange, choosing not to tease…for now. Mia looked to the stairs, obviously not spotting the thing she was hoping to, “Lena! Come on!”
 
“I…do I have to?” Came her troubled voice.
 
The other guys laughed, as Mia scowled up at the stairs, “Yes! You are all ready…stop being shy!”
 
“But it's…so…..dressy…” Lena complained as she appeared around the corner, redder in the face then Mia's hair as she began to walk down the stairs. Again, it was another impressive entry, since Lena's violet dress hung nicely about her to roughly the same length that Mia's did on her. The shimmering material was connected at the top with two straps about as thick as a pencil, and her hair was down from the usual pony tail. Somehow, Mia had gotten her to dress up, and even if she didn't like it, Mia beamed with pride. Judging by the guy's reactions to her and Lena, the work was well worth it.
 
“Shall I escort you, gentle lady?” Sage immediately walked forward to walk the young girl from the stairs, smiling charmingly, which just caused the poor girl to flush even more. He had asked her yesterday to go with him, and she found that she couldn't refuse him, at least not in the way he had asked her. It was so unlike his usual self.
 
Sage had pulled Lena aside after lunch, smiling gently, “I need to talk to you for a moment, can you spare the time real fast?”
 
“Uh…sure, Sage. What's up?” Lena looked up at him, returning the smile a bit with her own. Sage brushed a hand through his golden hair almost self-consciously as he looked at her with another gentle smile, “Well…I'd like you to go to the dance with me…if you would.”
 
Lena blinked rapidly, obviously unsettled for a moment. She was being asked by the acclaimed hottest guy in the school, the most self assured flirt king there was, nervously at that. Looking to the side, she smiled shyly and nodded, “I'd love to.”
 
Sage grinned, his confidence back as he looked at her, “Great!”
 
 
“Looking good, Lena,” He said, smiling at her. She looked back at him with a small smile back and a nod, though she was still out of her comfort zone. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all?
 
“Come on guys, let's get going!” Kento cried out, grinning as he jumped slightly, “There is a lot of food waiting for me!”
 
Everyone laughed as they headed out to the van, thinking about how the night would turn out, all pretense of nervousness and anxiety of the dangers at hand vanished for the moment.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Clouds filled the night air of the nether realm as the shadows massed together. Tonight was definitely a wondrous night to be sent forth, and they awaited their summons at the hands of their master. To them, he was everything. He was the world…HE was the person who would lead them into the world of light and give them the ability to crush all that stood in the way. They were ready…but the lack of the spirits held many back from a full on assault. Many assurances had been given by the master. He had promised that the power would be back with them…they would once again rule. Now it was only a matter of time…only a matter of time…
 
 
Cale stood, watching over the demons, shaking his head. The battle was coming, and the key was known. He saw how they massed, and instantly knew that the time for the attack was coming. Shedding his disguise of darkness, he transported himself as rapidly as he could to Kayura's side, to whom he we give the warning and help prepare for the attack.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Music resounded against the walls of the gym, the dance in full swing. Each of the young women dressed their best to try to impress the handsome young men who had found their way into the dance floor, smiling in their own ways as friends conversed with friends.
 
Kento had already found his way to the food table, and was heartily enjoying himself as he talked to Cye, who was trying to hold his big friend back with a smile on his face. Ryo stood back, smiling and frowning in turn as he watched Rowen swing Mia around on the dance floor, shrugging it off as it was Rowen's turn anyway and both of them looked like they were having a good time. Sage had been mobbed by girls, and was currently trying to fend them off as Lena chatted with Akiko, who was beside herself with amazement.
 
“I can't believe you are here with Sage!” She had cried, “Minako will have to choke on it!”
 
Let her…
 
Lena chuckled a little bit, trying to cover up her startled expression from having heard that voice. It was back again…and she thought it was gone, “Well, she will. I'm just as surprised as you!”
 
We never left…Why would you think that?
 
Akiko just laughed as she looked at her friend, “You know, you are looking good.”
 
“You too. I like the choice in dress,” Lena smiled as she looked at the black dress that Akiko had chosen. Shaking her head, she smiled as Akiko pointed to the side, “Maybe you should go rescue him?”
 
Lena blinked, smiling in puzzlement until she turned her head to face where her friend had pointed. There stood Sage, trying to wheedle his way out of a throng of girls who were vying for his attention like they always did. Laughing to herself, she walked forward to where he was, intent on rescuing the poor guy, “I'll see you later, `Kiko.”
 
Akiko waved as Lena weaved her way through the throng of ladies to find a rather harried looking Sage. Latching onto his arm, she smiled up at him, silently showing that she'd scare them off if he liked. He nodded slightly, flashing a smile back as she looked at the other women, “I'm sorry girls. I came here with Sage tonight, and he promised me a few dances. You'll just have to leave be for now.”
 
She flashed a smile at the other girls as they huffed up, frowning a bit as some began to leave and others had a few choice words to say that, while unfavorable, were not words to be blocked out on the next soap opera. Sage relaxed a bit as he looked down at her, “You know…I never found them that annoying before.”
 
Lena laughed at that, “That's because you flirt with them all on such a daily basis, you tend to forget they are even there!”
 
“Ouch,” Sage smiled to himself, looking up with a small shrug.
 
Lena shrugged a bit as she released his arm with a small smile. Sage, who wasn't to be put off that easily, turned to her immediately, holding his hand out to her, “I do believe you said something about a dance…if I may…?”
 
His charming grin caused her to smile in return, nodding as she accepted his hand. He whirled her onto the dance floor, beginning to dance as they lightly joked about the young women he seemed to attract faster then plague.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Cye blinked, looking up from where he stood next to Kento. In the distance, he saw Kayura, who was motioning him over to her. Walking over, he frowned. She wasn't supposed to be here. Looking at her as he finally reached his destination, “What is it, Kayura?”
 
“It isn't good, Cye,” Kayura shook her head, “They are massing for an attack tonight.”
 
“What?!” Cye looked shocked, cursing his bad luck that it would have to be tonight, of all nights.
 
She merely shook his head as he looked at her. Nodding, he mentally contacted the other guys, knowing that they needed to be on the look out. Already, he could see Ryo tense from where he stood with Mia. Tonight was just not one of theirs.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*
 
Lena felt Sage tense. Blinking, she looked up from where she was dancing with him to notice that he had a far off look in his eye. Deciding to pester him, she began to reach up to touch his shoulder.
 
Get away from there! He comes!
 
Lena tensed herself, a chill running down her spine as Sage looked down at her. She shook her head, forcing a smile up at him. He could tell and was about to say something when the night suddenly felt a bit colder then usual, and something dark just felt like it was lurking around the corner. His mouth clenched shut as he looked around, allowing her to relax a bit, “Are you sure it's tonight? Kayura isn't mistaken?”
 
“We're sure. Cye is talking with her right now. Rowen and Kento are already heading her way, and we gave Mia the heads up. Needless to say, she was pretty mad we kept it a secret, but she's with us and she'll be fine. Come on out here.”
 
“Alright, I'm coming. Lena is with me right now. I don't like what I'm feeling right now, Ryo. It's dark…and something else is about. I think the spirits are here…or at least trying to take action.”
 
“We know. Just be ready.” Sage nodded, seemingly to himself as he heard Ryo's last cryptic remark, turning his gaze to the young woman, who was suddenly a paler color the usual. Her eyes seemed to have a distant look. Frowning to himself, he started shaking her gently, “Lena?”
 
He's here!! Run!
 
Lena jumped a bit; looking up into the gray eyes in front of her as the first sound of an explosion was heard, sending the mass of teenagers into panic, as they cleared the doors like scared lambs.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Another explosion sounded into the night as the panicked teenagers cleared the area, speeding away as best as they could to their homes just as Sage and Lena appeared on the scene where the others stood. Black figured darted about the area, and Kayura was no where to be seen.
 
“What's going on?” Lena asked, her voice wavering as she tried to figure it out. No one dared answer her…they weren't sure themselves.
 
A loud roar was heard as a dog-like demon leapt towards them, Kento responding to it by giving it a powerful punch in the side. The guys formed a protective circle around the girls, who did their best to stay out of the way as the pack attacked them with all the ferocity they could muster.
 
“Demon wolves…” Mia whispered; her eyes wide in amazement and fear. She gripped the younger girl's arms, as if to punctuate what it was that she felt.
 
Suddenly, the air grew colder by several times as a laughter sounded through the area. Ryo's eyes glinted angrily as he watched a figure appear to them. Large, intimidating and with black armor, black hair that acted as a cape, while yellow eyes gleamed manically at the people in front of him, he stood self assured. A malicious grin spread across his face as he focused upon them, and raised his hand to shoot something at them. Instantly, the guys reacted.
 
Five hands shot into their pockets, almost simultaneously grasping their armor orbs. The time for secrecy had passed; they couldn't hide the truth of the armors any longer as their bodies were enveloped rapidly with the familiar undergear. Ready for anything, they braced themselves as Mia watched knowingly, and Lena's mouth dropped about a mile as shock filled her brain. Stuttering, she fought to find a reply…knowing that none would suffice.
 
She focused her eyes on the man before them, looking at him closely. She started, beginning to feel the first vestiges of fear. HE was the same person who had tried to cut her down in her dream.
 
Beware of him!
 
Great…now her insanity was beginning to rise up in a time of panic! Peachy! What now? Pink horses, flying pigs and petite dragon serving drinks? Yup…this was insanity.
 
A ball of fire shot forth from the evil personage, a grin on his face as he aimed at the Ronins with care. He knew they were unable to dodge, and they had no time to summon their armor to them. Bracing themselves, the Ronins clenched their eyes, ready to shield the girls as Ryo and Sage turned to cover the two with their own beings, when a clanging was heard through the clearing. Familiar in fact…
 
Lena gasped for probably the third time that night. A staff was embedded in the ground in front of the other three boys, rings clanging against each other as it emitted the power to create a shield. A young woman appeared out of no where, jumping up next to it with a grim impression. Ryo and Sage got up from their positions as they all turned to face her.
 
“The woman…from my dream…” Lena whispered.
 
The fire had been deflected, hitting against the wall of the school's gym, nearly collapsing the building that had been previously occupied with the dance. Smoldering, it melted, almost as it having been touched by acid.
 
“Lethias…why do you dare to show yourself now?” Ryo cried, his temper flaring in rage as he surveyed the damage that had been collected from the attack as he addressed the man who had been at its cause.
 
“Simple, I've come for my prize. After all, you already seem to know all about it,” Lethias grinned to himself, glancing at each member of his demon entourage then looked around for the person who was supposed to be able to connect with the spirits. Kayura glared, holding her staff at the ready. This wasn't a battle that they would escape in the end without injury, of that much she was certain.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Author's Note: Yay! This chapter is done! Roughly nine pages typed….wow….more then I usually do, but I wanted to put in a lot of different aspects, since I can now pick it up and speed through the time line and battles. Now the action can begin!! YAY! Hey…it's what I've been waiting for. Anyways, I noticed that ffnet cut off chapter 5 a bit for me…I wasn't sure if it did that for others as well, buuut heck, I reloaded it to try to fix the problem. So hopefully it worked! Anyways, if it seems off, it's probably due to the fact that I am a little disoriented from having to move around a bunch of rocks for a bit of home yard remolding at my house, but it's all good!
 
Hikaru1617
 
 
Reviews: Thanks all for them!
 
Inda: (Who reviewed on both Mmorg and Ffnet. X D)) : Hehehe, well I suppose it works! Well, the coming out as you put it, should be soon. Maybe next chapter in fact…haven't thought about it. And power to fight with and a skimpy outfit? Hmm…well, you'll have to find out about that when you read later, right? Telling you now would only ruin the surprise of later on. I do have to fulfill what my title gives the impression of. : P
 
Meira Evanstar: Hmm, well as to whether or not he asked? I think that is fulfilled in the story of this chapter nicely, in fact, you really gave me the idea to make him do it. Hehe…anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter as well. I'll be pulling more twists along the way…if I can keep the twists in my own mind straight..><;;;
 
Lyo: I wanted to say thank you for the more critical type of review. I never had anyone analyze the story quite like that, and I have to say that I very much appreciated it! I try to keep things natural, since that's the way things are meant to happen in real life. I wanted Mia's and Ryo's relationship to really form before Sage and Lena's did…if it did at all. So, thanks a ton for the review!
 
 
Preview: (None this time, since I decided that the next chapter will pretty much be up right after this one…sooo…I was too lazy to brain storm a preview. : P))