Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ Mystical Barrier ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own em…probably never will…yea…
 
Ok, here goes chapter 7. Lethias has finally appeared, and since I can…I will have to decide what happens. : P Anyways, enjoy this chapter!
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
Chapter 7: Mystical Barrier
 
 
`Oh god…this is scaring the crap out of me…what's going on?' Lena thought to herself as her eyes flickered to each of those speaking in turn. Creepy enough that the two people in her dream had shown up, even stranger was the demonic wolves. This had to be a dream…all of it…right? She knew she was going insane…this was what it all had to be. But if that was the case, then why did everything feel so real to her.
 
Lethias grinned, his hand brushing a strand of hair from his pale complexion as he spotted Kayura, “Ahhh, Kayura. Come for the little treat yourself? Why don't you make my job easier and help me find it. Then we can all be on our merry way…”
 
“I don't think anyone will be helping you out,” Ryo growled, standing up straighter as he called out, “Ronins! To arms!”
 
Each of the five suddenly seemed to stand straighter as they each called to their armors. Halo, Torrent, Hardrock, Strata and Wildfire all donned their respective masters in a flurry of light and strange petals as they leaned down, grasping each of their weapons in a fighting stance that spoke of their willingness to fight this evil off. This sight was rather intimidating, and few would have been stupid enough to step forward against them.
 
The wolves just growled.
 
Don't let the guy know you are here…he's after you…
 
Lena jumped slightly, hearing the voice in her head. In the confusion, she had successfully blocked it out, but it seemed to be back, and ready to fire away. Mia looked at her silently, stealthily pulling the girl away from the battle as best as she could without being noticed by the enemy before them.
 
“Look…I just want the Controller of Spirits…is that too much to ask?” The demon lord grinned, his hand up to hold back his force till he chose to send it forth.
 
“So you can wreak havoc on this world? Not likely!” Sage yelled at the person before him, adjusting the no-datchi in front of him with no minor skill.
 
“I was ready for a fight…bring it on bucket head, because I won't show mercy,” Kento grinned sadistically in his own way, waving around his naginata in readiness.
“I didn't want to fight…but I will if I must,” Cye glared over the yari he held in front of him.
 
“No one will let you pass…of that I'm certain,” Rowen cried, hefting his bow in place as he notched an arrow.
 
“Hear that? You aren't going to get what you want!” Ryo shouted, bringing his twin kantanas in front of him as Lethias frowned at him.
 
“Indeed. We can't let you,” Kayura nodded, standing firm amidst the destruction as Lethias looked to each of them with disgust and hate.
 
“In that case, you leave me no choice…head forth my puppets…and teach them their manners,” Lethias commanded as the demonic beings rushed forth, no longer contained by orders to remains still. Jaws snapped together as they surged forward, lunging for the warriors in front of them. Instantly, they all sprang into action.
 
The first of the dark beasts lunged forward, snapping it's jaws at Kento, who easily smashed it back, only to be converged upon by two others. Cye leapt forward, slamming his yari into their sides in an effort to help his orange armored friend.
 
“Watch it!” Sage yelled, backing up next to them, slicing another as three more swarmed about them, just to be shot down by Rowen's arrows, “Damn…there are so many!”
 
Ryo jumped forward as the numbers appeared to increase, slicing one after another as he fluidly moved around, doing his best to avoid the wounds that each of them received from the bites and claw cuts that the wolves gave, “We have to fight them back!”
 
“Right!” The boys banded together, fighting the forces as best as they could, forgetting all about anything else as they tried to fight back the dark demon's forces, leaving the demon himself to Kayura, who fought him as viciously as she could.
 
“You aren't going to win!” She cried, blocking hit after hit with her staff, her armor already in place as she whirled about, blocking a slash from the demon leader, who had an endless smirk on his face.
 
“Oh…I think you completely underestimate me, Kayura. I think I will win…and I will do so…quite...easily!” Lethias grinned, moving his sword to the side as he raised a hand to her surprised face, blasting her back into Ryo.
 
“Let's spice this up, shall we?” Lethias grinned, raising his hand to the sky. Lighting shot down, beginning to strike the Ronins. Cries of pain filled the night air as one by one the Ronins were blasted back from the force that was exerted upon them by the magical lightning.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Mia and Lena watched in horror as they saw the five young men fight monster after monster, oddly grateful that they hadn't been noticed yet.
 
“What's going on, Mia! What is this?!” Lena asked, turning her head rapidly to face the older woman, whose face was as serious as she had ever had it before. Her eyes spoke of a knowledge that Lena didn't have, and she turned them to Lena with a reassuring smile.
 
“I promise I'll tell you it all when we get out of this, but until then, believe that the guys can win this,” Mia said, looking at her from where they hid against the tree. It wasn't much protection, but they didn't have much on the option train.
 
“Alright…” Lena said, then suddenly shot still, her face pale.
 
“Lena? What is it?” Mia asked, gripping the younger woman's arms, knowing that this was unusual behavior.
 
“It did it again…god…I think I'm going…” Lena whispered, her eyes wide as she looked at Mia fearfully. The voice had started again.
 
Get out of there! The wolves…they are coming after you!
 
“Mia…we have to get out of here!” Lena cried, pointing into the dark space a bit further away from them as growls were heard in that direction.
 
Move!
 
The wolf lunged at them before the women could react, snarling viciously as Lena felt the first part of a scream erupt from her throat right after Mia's.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~**~~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Damn…that hurt!” Kayura yelled, picking herself up from where she had landed against Ryo. Both of them winced as they quickly picked themselves up, the tune of Lethias's laughter filling the air as the others painfully pulled themselves up.
 
“I told you that you didn't have a chance, Kayura. You should have listened!” Lethias yelled, smirking to himself as he watched on, his confidence growing as he raised his hand to the Ronins.
 
“Since I feel nice…I'll end this now. Die…all of you, and leave this world to me,” Lethias grinned, throwing a wave of dark energy at the group. Each of the warriors fought their best to try to block the onslaught that they knew would take them down, when two familiar voices were heard.
 
“Snake Fang Strike!”
 
“Black Lightning Slash!”
 
Swords and a rapid energy attack appeared in a flash, beating back the Demon lord, who was taken in surprise. Kayura smiled, looking up from where she was, “About time you got here.”
 
“Hey, I was on patrol,” Cale grinned, hoping down from the nearest tree in front of the Ronins, smirking at a slightly fuming Sage, “What, can't stand to be saved by me, Halo?”
 
“Shut up, Cale…the ugly is still around. Wonder what my venom will do to him,” Sehkmet smiled, leaping from his spot to land beside the other Ronin, his beady eyes glinting at the demon before him.
 
“Oh! So it gets interesting!” Lethias cried, not bothering to hide his frustration at the new arrivals. The others got up; working out the wounds they had received as they readied themselves for the next onslaught.
 
“Ready guys?” Ryo asked, turning to them as a pair of screams filled the air, causing all the guys to freeze in terror. Suddenly, it occurred to them what they had forgotten before.
 
“The girls!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~~*~*~*~*~ *
 
“Web of Deception!”
 
“It can't be…” Mia said, looking up from where she was to see a tall standing figure in pinkish looking armor. One of his eyes appeared to be covered in a black color, and that was all the clue she needed to place who he was as Lena looked up from where she was hunched.
 
“Dais!” Mia cried, astonished as she saw him throw the demonic being away from them.
 
He looked over his shoulder, and nodded to both of them, “You alright?”
 
“Yes, we both are,” Mia said, giving Lena a quick glance before looking back at the warlord of illusion.
 
“Good,” He started when an evil laugh was heard once more.
 
“SO this is where the other warlord was…protecting these two women,” Lethias appeared to the side, the other Ronins hot on his trail as he closed the gap between the two forces.
 
“What of it?” Dais growled out, folding his arms slightly as he looked up at the evil before him.
 
Lethias ignored him, his eyes suddenly distant as he looked around, “She is here…the person I'm searching for…come out!”
 
Close off your mind!
 
Lena blinked slightly, schooling her features blank. The wolves began to shoot out of no where, attacking each of the warriors, who now stood between the monsters and the ladies once more.
 
Don't let him know you hear us!
 
Lena bit her lip hard enough to draw blood as Lethias searched around, occupying the nine warriors with his demonic sacrifices as he tried to pin point the energy. Mia gripped Lena's arm hard enough to cut off her circulation as Lena's head shot about, trying to take in the completely foreign scene.
 
Lethias evidently decided that this was the time to end this, “Enough!”
 
Yelling out, he pulled his wolves back and blasted the warriors to the ground, waving his hand, leaving the young women exposed, “If you wish to create such foolishness over these two women; then by all means…allow me to help you!”
 
He grinned sadistically as he turned his hand to Mia and Lena, beginning to send out a shockwave at them that lest them sprawled on the ground.
 
“Leave them be!” Sage yelled, his voice echoed by the others as they struggled to get up from the place they had been blasted too.
 
“Don't you touch them!” Ryo cried, his temper beginning to flare again as he struggled to bring himself up from the ground, wanting nothing more then to spring forth and take this guy out. He was almost ready to call on Inferno itself, if he had to. Nine pairs of eyes widened as they heard the panicked screams emit from the girls as the blasts were once again sent their way.
 
“No…I think I want to play with your heads,” Lethias grinned, the dust rising around the girls, blocking them from view as the screams suddenly stopped.
 
“Mia!”
 
“Lena!”
 
The guys randomly yelled, praying with all their might as the dirt cleared, that the girls would be ok. Kayura gasped, looking down at the Jewel, which she wore about he neck. A sudden purple glow was emitting itself, just as the dust settled to reveal what had been left.
 
“The spirits! They are reacting!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Lena's eyes widened as she saw the blast coming. She couldn't think of anything else as she dived towards Mia, her arms encircling her friend as she began to realize that the end was probably upon them.
 
Don't fear…we will help!
 
We won't let him take you
 
We chose you…not anyone else. We help those of the pact…
 
Lena screams died out as she felt a strange prickling move along her neck. The hairs on the back of their necks raised as Mia looked up at Lena, whose eyes were still clenched.
 
Mia glanced about amazed. Around them, blocking the danger was a barrier made of sole light, and an aura surrounding the girl in front of her of a faint purple hue. She watched as Lena looked up from where her head had bent over, her eyes widening in a look that hadn't been used in a long time. It was fear.
 
Told you we'd protect you…
 
You hear us…we help you…
 
Try listening to us…we really do know what we are saying…
 
You use the mystical barrier well for your first time…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Kayura's eyes widened as she looked from the Jewel of Soul to the barrier before her, shock filling her to the bone, “I can't believe it.”
 
Ryo and the others looked between each other dumbfounded as Kayura's head flipped to face Lethias, who was beginning to react. Frowning, she spun into action, hefting her staff and flinging it to the ground before him, where it emitted a holy light. His cry scorched their ears as he disappeared, his presence gone as the wolves began to fade with him. He was gone for the moment, too surprised from the holy light to do anything.
 
Kayura then stood up, steadying herself on Dais's shoulder and looked to the other Ronins, “Good work. Looks like you found the person we've been searching for.”
 
With that, she turned to face the place where the barrier had stood. The place that held a very surprised woman and one completely frightened girl.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Author's Note: Well, here goes chapter 7. I tried my hand at a fighting scene. It's a lot more difficult then it looks, when you are trying to grasp Lethias. As question, should I give him henchmen like Talpa had with the warlords? Just a thought. Anyways, thanks for reading and please! Let me know what you think!
 
Hikaru
 
Reviews: Thanks!
 
Inda: Updated as requested! I hope it sits well with ya! Thanks for keeping up!
 
 
Preview:
 
“What the hell is going on?!”
 
~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“What does this have to do with my mental problems?!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Take this…”