Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ Summoning ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: Usual stuff, come on now, you should know by now I don't own Ryo and the gang, though it would be nice.
 
Here goes chapter 14. I'm sorry it took so long to get this one up! My schedule's been outta whack with all the stuff I've had to do recently! I apologize greatly for that! I just wanted to make sure to keep it going before I forgot all about it. Well, let's fire away! Stupid writer's block. Shall we?
 
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
Chapter 14: Summoning
 
 
 
The guys found themselves confronted with monster after monster, struggling to get close enough to Lethias to stop the ritual. Armor clad bodies swung around their respective weapons as one white tiger fought with the deadly accuracy of a feline. Battle sounds filled the area as Lethias stood upon a low pillar, the ritual of summoning the Nether Spirits already at hand.
 
The area before him seemed to glow with an ethereal light as he raised his hands to the ceiling. The light drew the attention of all the fighters, Demon and Armored being alike. Widen eyes comprehended what was going on as Kayura shouted out, “No! Stop him! He's releasing the spirits!”
 
Panic filled their hearts as Ryo did what he did best. He charged straight in, his mind upon the battle that was to occur, knowing that they would have to fight this demon back. Raising his twin swords, he attached them together, beginning to spread fiery heat about the giant room. Others shielded their faces as he shot off the attack that gave him the name, Wildfire, “Flare Up NOW!”
 
Shouting, flames shot from around his being, the raw energy rushing forward to engulf the demonic lord in a rushing heat of power. Ryo landed on the ground, twirling the blades about to separate and land beside him, ready to begin anew as he drew breath in panted gasps, trying to recover from the sure kill he had unleashed.
 
The smoke cleared before them, showing the demon to be no where in sight. The other demons, taking this as a sign of defeat, began to scramble away from the area, running away from the battle field for fear of actually being defeated. Other sure kills were unleashed in the torrent of panic, destroying demons on a massive account as each of the Ronins followed their leader's example.
 
“Thunderbolt Cut!” Sage's reaction came, lightning fast as Rowen darted to the side, firing another arrow with deadly precision into the demonic fray, “Arrow Shock Wave!”
 
“Super Wave Smasher!” Cye shouted, water spouting from his Yari like a furious wave as Kento grinned, slamming his Naginata towards his enemy with a cry of, “Iron Rock Crusher!”
 
Demons yelled out as more fell to the Ronin fury as the Warlords fought against the odds beside their former enemies, the joined foe causing the need to be stronger then their dislike of rivals.
 
The Ronins sighed, believing victory to be theirs at the moment as they turned to face the pillar that still stood there. However, to their surprise, it remained glowing, as if the summoning continued.
 
“What the…I thought Lethias died!” Kento cried out, frustration lining his frame as Kayura tested the barrier before them. Nodding, her staff began to glow, braking up the defensive shield.
 
“We all thought that, but I don't get it, shouldn't that have stopped?” Cye asked.
 
“It won't stop till she is cut loose, at least that's what I was under the impression of,” Dais replied, cool as rain.
 
Sage just rolled his eyes as Ryo walked up to Dais and threatened him, “Why didn't you warn us of that before?”
 
“Thought you knew, Halo,” Cale smirked with a shrug.
 
`Guys…be careful!'
 
As a unit, the Ronins jumped, surprised to her a distinctly familiar female voice enter along their mind link.
 
“Lena?” Sage cried out, searching around to find the voice he knew was in his mind.
 
`Don't worry about me…just look out! He's right behind you guys! The spirits are teaming, totally getting mad! Don't let him get you!'
 
Mia screamed out as she pointed in the direction that a dark aura had appeared, a maniacal laugh following as the Ronins pulled their weapons before them. Rowen sighed, glaring into the blackness, “It's not over yet, guys…”
 
~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
The flute music went on as the Great Spirit hung it's form protectively about the one whom his spirits chose. The child looked almost serene as the winds about them began to whip back and forth, the portal was opening, and the spirits were beginning to grow nervous as more and more nether spirits found their way into the mortal realms. Their only hope rested upon the shoulders of the young men who had saved Earth, those who had sought to previously destroy it, and the one who actually bore the strength to play the music needed to accept the final roles and create the seal.
 
Lena panted, playing another round of the music as she opened her eyes, blessing Cat for her lessons in playing the instrument. Before her flashed images of her friends fighting to win the battle, growing injured at various points as they fought back, Mia hanging back to the side as they flashed forward.
 
She winced with every hit, felt sympathy with every moment of pain. Her hopes and prayers with them everyway, she played her song as if it was the life line by which they gained their strength. The power whipped through her tired frame, whimpering as the strength of the nether spirits tore through her until the Great Spirit covered her, as if taking the pain onto himself. So, at that point, as the two of them fought for survival, she watched as Ryo flashed out with his sure kill.
 
Yes! She rooted, seeing no evil being as the flames dispersed. She smiled, she couldn't help it. It seemed like victory was at hand, but a nagging feeling was there. Instead of stopping, the powers around them were increasing, without cease. More and more of the dark powers were escaping, and a cry sounded in the back of her mind. Call out to them child…do it!
 
She obeyed the commanding voice…after all, the spirit was there for that reason, right? Guys! Be careful!
 
She sighed as they glanced about wildly, instantly on guard. For some reason, her mind had reached upon their link, the jewel at her neck glowing with fervor. She heard Sage call out her name in question as the others repeated his plea. Her eyes widened as she glimpsed at the form appearing behind them. She felt the spirits about her surge with an anger she hadn't felt in her entire existence.
 
Don't worry about me…just look out! He's right behind you guys! The spirits are teaming, totally getting mad! Don't let him get you!
 
She cried out as she watched them get slammed out again, the flute beginning to vibrate. She watched them pull together, raising their weapons as they engaged upon battle after battle, thrust after thrust, each getting blasted back, only to rise up again in their desperate attempts. Tears fell silently down her face; she wanted nothing more then to stop them, to stop the fighting. Her friends, as she thought of them now, they didn't need this. Hadn't life been cruel enough?
 
 
She resigned herself to the flute once more, a more vigorous tune being played as the Great Spirit watched on with a smile. Her strength seemed to resolve to a point, her mind was focusing. She may not be a warrior, but just the same, she wanted to fight alongside those her mind established the link with.
 
Accept the power, child…accept it…and help us all…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The guys grimaced, new wounds piled atop the old as Lethias stood before them, prominent as ever. A grin was placed upon his face, though a dangerous anger sparked behind the eyes of the demon lord. He was angry, angry that someone had caught him unawares as Wildfire had. Yet, it did little to deter him, the Nether Spirits were breaking free at his command, and that left him with almost a satisfied feeling.
 
“You Ronin Rats will perish now!” He cried, raising his hand to face it at the armored beings before him, firing in succession at each of them. Leaping back, crying out in pain, the Ronins regrouped with the Warlords.
 
“We need to come at him a different way!” Sage yelled out, darting to the side.
 
“Yea, but how?” Kento shouted, diving behind a pillar as Cye grimaced, using another as cover, “That's what we all need to figure out!”
 
“Illusions aren't working on this guy,” Dais spoke, as Sehkmet tried to through another attack at their mutual enemy, “I can't get close enough for poison to work!”
 
“Darkness had no effect,” Cale cried as Kayura blocked a shot from him, “And my Staff isn't working right now! For some reason, it's using it's power on something else!”
 
“We need a plan!” Rowen shouted as he got hit with another blast. The speed was beginning to over power them as Ryo cried out, “Summon Inferno! We don't have a choice! With nine armors, we should be able to have more then enough power!”
 
The guys nodded as they began to send their power to Ryo. Lethias focused his attention on the warriors before him, never seeing the White Tiger and young woman who slipped away and off to the side.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Mia panted nervously, holding onto the white tiger for dear life. She hadn't a clue how she was going to pull this off, and her plan was damn crazy. While the guys formed Inferno, she was going to free their friend; that was her basic plan anyways. Either way, she prayed that she could get it to work right.
 
Glancing over her shoulder, she gulped, seeing the flashing lights and hearing the cries of pain as they dodged one thing after another, till finally, they sent their powers in full to the bearer of Wildfire. The least she could do was get Lena down.
 
Focusing, she looked up at the girl on the pillar that she now stood behind. Glancing up and down, she looked at the tiger thoughtfully, “Think you can cut those?”
 
She pointed to the ropes as the tiger looked like he almost grinned. Looks like their plan wasn't as much of a fluke as she thought.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Lethias's eyes grew wide in surprise as he watched the Ronins give their power to their unofficial leader. A grin slowly spread across his face as he shifted his burnt cloak. Looks like they figured out how to combine their powers, but it wouldn't be enough…it never would be.
 
There Ryo stood, proudly wearing the white armor of the Inferno. He felt it teaming with strength as he did so, feeling stronger then ever before. Glancing up at the menace before him, he stood there as the other guys moved off to the side to get out of the way. In his hands were the twin swords of Fervor, and he never felt more confident that he could win.
 
“You can't hope to win, boy!” Lethias growled out, facing down the temper that raged within his opponent.
 
“No, I know I can win!” Ryo shouted the typical of battle beginning to come forth in the monologues they gave.
 
“I have the power, and the ritual continues on! As long as I have the bearer of the Spirits, then you have nothing!” Lethias shouted out, a grin spreading on his face as he stood back.
 
Suddenly a roar was heard through the area. Anger and passion was combined in the feline's cry as all turned their attention to the racing tiger, which now stood behind Ryo, triumph gleaming in his eyes. Lethias stared in shock, for there rode two figures. The first with reddish brown hair, but she wasn't the one who he worried about. It was the other, brown hair now messily flopped about. Pale skin illuminating the usually stubborn face of it's bearer. Though unconscious, Lethias was shocked to find that Lena rode upon the back of the tiger, as he glanced back and forth in an effort to possibly disown what he saw to be true.
 
“No, Lethias…you have nothing,” Mia spoke, her voice sounding out strong in the silence, the confidence pouring from it as Ryo stepped forward, his armor glowing with the power her now had, ready for battle.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Author's Note: FINALLY! My writer's block had disappeared, and my beta had returned! Whoot! Anyways, what do you think of Mia playing a smaller role of hero! Come on, you know you loved it! Lol There should be more romance points coming up later on, but you also have to remember that they really aren't thinking about that right now. Anyways, I hoped you liked it, and while I curse my luck at finding a job, thank you for reading it so far! I have been putting up a website, slowly but surely. I put it up under the listed links on my profile. It isn't much yet…buuut…hey!
 
Hikaru
 
Comment from Beta Reader: The Sacred Bovine:
Commenter: What's your horse's name?
Bovine: I have no idea.
Commenter: Seriously what's your horse's name?!
Bovine: I told you! I HAVE NO IDEA!!
 
 
Reviews: Thank you so Much!!
 
Inda: I liked the idea of the robes, but I don't know if I'll use it. I don't know if it will work out in this specific story, but hey! You never know! Besides, I like your ideas! They are original, and they really make me think, so keep them coming! : P
 
Meira Evanstar: I didn't realize people read these at work! Hehehe, well it's all good! Thank for the review! I really appreciate the support!