Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Insanity's Requiem ❯ Awakening ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: Blah…you all know this already. Do I need to keep typing it up? Anyways, I own none of the actual Ronin cast, however such characters as Lena, Lethias, Akiko, Takeo, Kakeshi and Cat and so on are mine to do with as I please, since…well…they are my made up characters, right? : P
 
Ok, here comes the next chapter. I apologize in advance that this took so long to get up. The problem lay in the fact that I got hacked. Not good. Anyways, that's why I have all of these going up at later dates, since I have been unable to get internet access. Oh well…I shall live I suppose. On a happier note, I finally got a job! YAY!
 
Insanity's Requiem
 
Chapter 15: Awakening
 
 
 
Lethias's eyes seemed to glow with the anger that surged in his mind. Sure, the gates were already opening, weakened by the stage he had placed it them at through the vessel. But…they now had the vessel, those stupid Ronin Rats, and that pissed him off. They had done it through the weak girl child at that, and an overgrown feline vermin. No doubt by a lousy attempt at stealth at that. None of this was his fault, but merely an oversight on his part which he would soon remedy.
 
Ryo looked over his shoulder at Mia, giving her a proud smile. She looked back up at him, returning it tentatively from the now black tiger's back. Her hands rested upon Lena's back, over the ruined cloth of the girl's shirt. She turned her face towards the evil force before them, just happy that she could have helped for once. Ryo turned his armored head to glance at Lethias as he spoke out,” Good job, Mia. Get back with the other guys, I can handle it.”
 
“Do your best Ryo…we are all with you,” Mia smiled gently, then frowned up at Lethias as the tiger backed up and brought them to where the others guys rested, waiting for the return of their powers.
 
A maniacal laugh resounded throughout the area as Lethias shot his head back. The others watched him carefully as the demon looked down at them to gloat, “Pitiful rats. The gates are weakened, already partially opened. The nether spirits will surge forth soon, and I will have what I desire. Give that child back, and I shall make the end come quick for you.”
 
“No, I don't think we can do that, demon bait. She's our friend, and besides, we fight against evil like that,” Ryo cried out, pulling the fervor swords before him like a shield waiting to be used. His eyes glinted with the determination he felt, the adrenaline blocking the wounds he had acquired earlier.
 
“You are a moron. A swift end was offered. No matter, I already know what I shall do to you, and it will be far more fulfilling to me,” Lethias grinned, his face a mask of his terrible anger.
 
“Bring it on!” Ryo shouted.
 
“Gladly!” Lethias cried, beginning to send forth waves of dark energy at his enemy bellow him.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Mia grunted, pulling Lena from the back of the tiger with Rowen's and Kale's fumbling help. Both were visibly tired from having to send their power to Ryo despite the fact that they were able to only send it in modification due to the extra four armors donating their power as well.
 
The lay the girl to the side as Sage's eyes darted to glimpse for any wounds that she may have born in the duration of her captivity. Kento glanced from where he was as Rowen paid attention as well, with Cye and Sehkmet watching the battle to keep all informed. Kento blinked, asking the obvious, yet what all wondered, “Why is she still unconscious? Mia got her away from the evil pillar thingy.”
 
Kayura leaned over to inspect, pulling her attention from the battle as she felt an explosion come their way from the battle's area. Her eyes, keen as ever, focused on the staff at her side after looking at Lena, “We may have her away from the gate thing, but her mind is still very much apart of whatever nightmare it was placed into. She needs to come out of that first.”
 
The guys looked at the three women grimly. Glancing at each other they nodded until Cye and Sage came forward. Both acknowledge empaths, though Cye untrained for the most part; they began to come up with a plan. Looking up at Kayura, “We will try. Together we may have enough energy to break her out of that. Do you think we should try?”
 
Kayura looked at each of the young men before her, no longer seeing them as boys as she had during her battles with them, and even a little while after that. Nodding to Cye as he spoke, she gave a reply, “I believe that you can try. Since all nine of us donated our power…We still have some in reserve. Maybe together, you can pull her from this and we can stop the gate's opening.”
 
Sage let a wry grin of confidence spread across his usually charming face as Cye looked slightly doubtful, but ready for the battle. Rowen and Kento stayed between them. Somehow, hope was beginning to surge amongst them all, Mia felt it. She looked at each of her boys, seeing them as Kayura did as well. A smile spread across her lips, though thin, remained as a true smile, “Good luck you guys. I pray for you as always.”
 
Rowen flashed a mischievous smile at the mother hen of their lives, “You make it sound like we are all on our death bed. I really don't think that is very nice of you.”
 
Kento pumped his arm, “Come on now. We all need to get serious, right? Besides, we are going to win this.”
 
Cye smiled gently at his friend as the warlords started. Shaking his head, Cye spoke, “Looks like Kento has brains after all.”
 
Kento was about to bristle as Sage stepped in, “Guys, come on. Knock it off. We have a battle to win, and I need Cye's help as well as yours. Shall we?”
 
The guys nodded as Kayura and Mia stepped back, letting Sage and Cye each grip one of Lena's hands. Settling on either side of the girl, they looked at each other with a nod, then began to focus upon her, in hopes of catching her mind and pulling her free from her prison. They did so, unhearing of the battle sounds that sounded about the room ominously, moving ever closer to their hiding place.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*
 
The sounds of a flute playing filled the lonely air of the dark area. Evil spirits came forth towards her, but for some reason, for the first time since her capture, she felt at peace. None of their evil touched her, the music, though lonely, was soothing. The Great Spirit sat beside her, guiding her tune as she watched her surroundings.
 
For some strange reason, the nether spirits grew weaker, as if their power grew to be similar of their spiritual counterparts that had made her believe that she was so near insanity not all that long ago. For some reason, her attention caught upon the images before her.
 
`SO that must be the Inferno Armor the guys spoke of. Ryo really looks like a leader in that,' Lena nodded to herself, thinking as she played a tune that she shouldn't have known. Her eyes softened sadly, her heart longing to help them as best as she could. Shaking her head, she all but knew that she couldn't. She was stuck, stuck in this infernal abyss, as if sentenced here for life. The clanking of the battling swords seemed to be almost in time with the rhythm of her shaking heart.
 
She watched as her view shifted to focus on the guys, the ones not caught in the battle. She wanted to call out to them, but her voice was caught in playing the tune as the Spirit had requested of her. She didn't want to disobey him. He was her savor this time, he kept her mind from going insane and stopped the darkness from engulfing her entirely. They understood one another as if they were the same soul, two parts of a balance.
 
His gaze was like one of a brotherly love, she had seen such in her own brother's eyes and in the eyes of Kento, Cye, and Ryo. He was looking after her, the choice of all spirits. She was as of yet unconfirmed in her power, caught in the power struggle as all urged her to accept her role as the harbinger of spirits.
 
Licking her lips, she wondered. Just how was it she was supposed to accomplish the impossible all by herself? Then again, she wasn't alone, not entirely. The music, like an eternal requiem, kept her company.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Grunts of battle were heard amongst the taunts as Ryo of the Inferno and Lethias, demon lord of strife fought their battle hard as they could. It wore on Ryo's mind, the length; since he carried far more power then he was used to. Each swing he made contained more power then they usually had. His speed became closer to that of the Lady Kayura's when she was of the evil dynasty and not an Ancient. His mind plotted for when he could unleash his sure-kill, and eliminate this threat to his friends…no…family and the world.
 
Lethias refused to give way, as unyielding as the stars could be. Unlike Ryo's fatigue, he felt rather like this was an exercise best suited for play. He held back, testing the bad tempered Ronin before him, skillfully dodging about as he took minor blows at best. He grimaced, since despite the exhaustion, the boy still held his own. This battle wasn't over by far, but Lethias only had to hold him till the release of the spirits. Hold…or defeat. It mattered not.
 
The battle dragged on, both taking no heed as to where they struck or where they got closer to.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Cye's eyes opened to focus on a face that was positioned before his. He blinked rapidly, realizing that the person before him, shrouded in green aura, was indeed Sage.
 
“You alright, buddy?” Sage asked.
 
“Yea. That was a weird trip…are we even supposed to be somewhere like this?” Cye asked, standing up.
 
“I haven't a clue. This isn't like any mind I've ever had to look into. It feels more like it's a lost mind then anything, and that is far scarier,” Sage said, running fingers through his blond crop. His violet eyes glanced about calmly as he surveyed the utter dark they were in. The warriors stood side by side, barely taking into account that they no longer wore their full armor, but their undergear.
 
Cye lifted his head into the air, warily glancing at the spots of black aura that were easily identified as nether spirits. Shaking his head, he tilted his ear to the side, hearing something he hadn't expected to in this place, the sound of a flute. Silently, he pointed out the way as Sage nodded. Both worked off each other's power as they searched vigilantly.
 
Sage's eyes focused on the figure suddenly before them. Smiling slightly, he sighed, realizing that their quest to find her was at its end. Now…just to bring her back. Cye glanced at her, gazing at the girl who sat perched upon a rock, playing a flute as if it were her life line. A shimmering white aura was beside her.
 
Sage blinked, reading it from Cye's mind. White aura? No living being possessed that, not without a good reason. The being lifted its head to focus on the two before him as he nodded silently. A small smile spread across what could be deemed as its face as it then disappeared, leaving Lena to play alone.
 
The two walked forward, to greet her, and bring her back. Lena lifted her eyes, unseeing as Sage stood before her, Cye coming up beside him. The tune, haunting in all sorts, truly caught in their memories. Something they would remember for all their lives…the power that emanated from its tune.
 
Sage reached forward, “Lena…It's time to come back home.”
 
The girl started, glancing up at him in a mild panic, shaking her to awareness as her eyes focused on those in front of her as her music came to a halting stop.
 
“Sage…? Cye?” The names came to her, hesitantly as she looked between the two, “Am I hallucinating now?”
 
Cye's face turned to a wry grin as he shook his head, “Must you believe that you are insane with everything?”
 
Lena shook her head, “Why…how are you here?”
 
“Empaths, remember? And we are here to get you home. Frankly, I'm surprised you haven't tried yet,” Sage said, looking down at her.
 
“I have…time and again…nothing works…those dark things attack and attempt to shred me apart. My mind gets torn asunder from it,” Lena said, her eyes beginning to fill with tears, “I didn't know what to do. It was the scariest thing I had ever gone through.”
 
“It's alright…come back, goof,” Sage said gently, his face close to hers as her eyes focused on him. She looked between the two, those who seemed far more real then the world around her. The Great Spirit was gone; the Nether Spirits crept closer to her. Suddenly, her trembling mind made itself up, and she smiled at them, gripping their hands.
 
“Let's go,” She said, softly, trying to hide her fear.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“What's taking so long?!” Kento cried, frustrated as he pounded his fist weakly into the ground.
 
“It isn't going to be fast Kento. Put yourself in their shoes. Exhausted, they are trying this, and isn't Lena supposed to be somewhere else entirely?” Rowen pointed out.
 
Mia's eyes followed the speakers as Black Blaze stood guard with the three warlords, intelligent eyes watching the battle. Clanging swords preceded over the argument as Kayura, checked the three unconscious people tentatively. Her eyes darted between each face, registering no change at first. A gasp brought the other three around as they saw Cye then Sage open their eyes drowsily.
 
“Man…my head hurts, mate,” Cye muttered, rubbing it. Sage turned to look over at Kayura and Mia with a grim smile, “It's up to her now.”
 
“Then we need to believe, right?” Mia asked as the other guys nodded. Sage glanced down, his hand still holding Lena's as he looked around at his friends. Relief shown on Rowen and Kento's and he had to nod at them. He could at least muster that. A hand tightened in his.
 
Whirling around, they all saw what he did as a small smile light his face. Lena's eyes were opening, sleepily gazing at each of them as if in a calm serene state. She looked at each, and then blinked gently, “Hi guys…I'm back.”
 
Her whisper brought smiles to each of their faces. Part one was complete. No one thought about the gate that continued to open over at the pillar as they watched on in momentary relief.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Author's Note: Sorry about the time it took to get this out. It wasn't easy, and since I was hacked there, it made it harder to get it out. Anyways, it's all good. Tell me what you think!
 
Hikaru
 
Reviews: Thanks a ton!
 
Inda: Thanks a lot for reviewing once more!
 
Meira Evanstar: I'm glad you like Mia's heroism. I just thought that she wasn't getting enough of it!
 
Lyo: Not a prob at all, and I'm glad you approve of the chapters so far!