Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Never Expected the Unexpected ❯ Never Expected the Unexpected ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay, I added a lot more and I corrected a few errors…(Yes Casy, I fixed the error I made)..Thanks for everyone who reviewed, YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! (Except Casy cause she gave me an 8 for originality!)

Never Expected the Unexpected

By RoninWarriorGirl

 

Rowen woke up to the sound of a toilet flushing. He turned towards the small end table by the bed and looked at the clock. 12:00 am. Moving his eyes to the other side of the bed he saw that his wife, Julia, was gone. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Rowen got up and went towards the bathroom door which was closed. He lightly knocked not wanting to wake the others. When he got no reply he opened the door to find his wife sitting on the closed toilet lid holding her stomach. Julia's brown eyes lifted sadly towards her husband. Her voice was gentle, yet sounded like she was in pain.

"Rowen, I think something is wrong with the baby." Julia had been pregnant for 3 months now. This was their first child and her first pregnancy. Rowen immediately knelt down by his wife, a worried look in his eyes.

"Did you throw up again?" Her head nodded. "Okay stay there, I'll get your coat, we're going to the hospital." He went to their bedroom door and grabbed their coats that hung on a coat hanger. He put his on and went back into the bathroom. He helped Julia into her coat and told her to wait there. He quickly wrote a note to the guys and Mia. He took some tape and quietly opened their bedroom door and taped it there. He left the door open and went back into the bathroom. He hovered over Julia.

"Put your arms around my neck honey, I'm going to carry you." She clasped her hands around his neck, and then he moved his hands under her legs and lower back and drew her up. He walked out the door and closed it with his foot. He gently went down the steps and walked towards the front door. He reached with the hand under Julia's legs and unlocked and opened the door. He walked out and closed the door with the still free hand. He told Julia to hold on and reached into his pockets and drew out a set of keys. He found the house key and locked it. He then walked over to his car waiting on the driveway; all the other cars were in the garage.

"Good thing you left the car out Rowen." Julia whispered. Rowen smiled to himself. He unlocked the passenger side and put Julia in. She buckled herself. Rowen then jogged to the drivers' side and got in. He started the car and then backed out.

 

 

The dark blue sedan was stopped by a red light. The driver, Rowen, looked at his pregnant wife in the passenger's seat. Her hand was on her stomach, rubbing it, her eyes full of tears. Rowen watched as one tear glided down her perfect cheek. He reached his hand over and grabbed Julia's free hand.

"Don't cry, I'm sure everything is all right." He tried to comfort her. He, of course, was lying about him being sure everything was all right. Julia had gotten up in the morning and puked twice. Then once in the afternoon, then before they went to bed at 9 pm and then at 12 am. Rowen and Mia had been worried about her, while Sage, the `doctor', told them it was just from being pregnant.

The light turned green and the sedan continued its way towards the hospital.

 

 

 

When they finally got to the hospital, Rowen carried Julia straight to the maternity ward to be checked out. The person at the front desk showed them into a room when Rowen stated the problem. Rowen put Julia on the bed and left so the nurse could put a hospital gown on her. The nurse opened the door and signaled he could come in. Rowen closed the door behind him and went over to Julia. He was surprised at how little she looked in the hospital bed. The nurse had the bed up so Julia could sit up. She stared blankly at nothing, millions of thoughts rolling in her head. Rowen grabbed a chair and put it next to the bed. They both waited in silence.

Finally the doctor came in. He said hello to Julia and Rowen and introduced himself.

"Hello, I'm Dr. Inasuiy." He extended one of his hands towards Rowen who introduced himself and shook his hand.

"And according to my records you're Julia, right?"

Julia looked up quickly and said yes. Dr. Inasuiy brought up another chair and put it on the other side of Julia's bed.

"So what's the problem young lady?" He asked. Julia didn't answer; she just stared at the foot of the bed with lifeless eyes. Rowen answered for her.

"Uh….well…for starters when she got up she puked twice, then once in the afternoon and before we went to bed, and then at about 12 am. We thought it was just because she was pregnant but now we're a little worried."

"Okay, thank you Mr. Hashiba. Now Julia how far along are you?"

Julia muttered the answer but no one understood. Rowen once again answered for her.

"3 months."

"Okay, I'll get her an x ray and see what's wrong. I'll just go get the portable x-ray machine and be right back."

"Thanks doctor." Julia said dully.

 

 

"I'm afraid I have bad news." Dr. Inasuiy said. They had already taken the x rays and he had just come in with the results. He opened the manila envelope he had and brought out four x rays. He went over to one side of the bed that had a light for showing x rays. He put the four in. The first one he said was from the back, the second the left side, the third the right and the fourth the front of the womb. He clicked the light on and the pictures lit up.

"So doc, what's the problem?" Rowen asked.

Julia said nothing but had her head turned towards the x rays. Her brown eyes danced along them until she saw the last one.

"Oh no," she whispered loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Um, yes, Mrs. Hashiba do you see the problem?" the doctor asked.

"What problem? What's wrong? Julia, what's the matter?" Rowen asked, sounding confused. Julia's eyes started to tear up and she turned her head away.

Rowen had had enough of this.

"God damn it, WHAT'S WRONG!" He shouted at the top of his lungs. Julia instantly broke down and started sobbing. Finally the doctor looked down at his feet. He always hated giving people bad news.

"Mr. Hashiba, I'm afraid that the baby died." Julia's sobs became louder and tears rolled down her fragile cheeks and made the thin blanket wet. Rowen's mouth opened in disbelief. He stood still, as if he didn't believe it. He finally came over his shock.

"How...?"

"Well," Dr. Inasuiy said turning to the last x ray. "The umbilical cord didn't connect to the baby. So when food was sent to the baby, it...well…didn't get there. The food stayed in Mrs. Hashiba's body so long that she finally threw it up...and well…that's it."

Rowen just stood there, baffled by what the doctor just said. The room was utterly quiet, except for Julia's sobs that had quieted down a bit. Rowen could feel his rage rising while he listened to his wife cry.

"THAT'S IT!!! THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO!! WHAT KIND OF A DOCTOR ARE YOU!! WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO TO HELL AND…"

"ROWEN!!" Julia's tearful voice yelled at him, silencing him. "ROWEN JUST DROP IT! THERE'S NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO!" She started sobbing again. Rowen sat next to her and comforted her the best he could, muttering and whispering that it was okay, even though his life was ruined. Finally the doctor spoke.

"We'll come back in an hour and take care of everything, and I'm sorry for your loss."

With that he left.

 

 

Sage was the first one up, he always was. First Sage was up, then Cye and Mia, Kento and Julia, and last Rowen. The clock showed it was 6:00 a.m. Sage stretched and began to make his bed. He then got dressed and went to see if anyone had gotten up earlier. He opened his bedroom door and walked down the hallway past Rowen and Julia's bedroom. He stopped as he came to their door and read the note scrawled in Rowen's messy handwriting.

 

Everyone,

We're going to the hospital, we'll be back soon.

Rowen

(Everyone, we're going to the hospital, we'll be back soon. Rowen)

 

As Sage finished reading the note he heard shuffling coming down the hall. He looked up and saw Cye, rubbing his eyes as if he just got up.

"Good morning Sage," Cye said in his British accent. "What are ya reading?"

"A note from Rowen," Sage replied. "It says they're at the hospital."

Cye frowned.

"I hope everything's all right."

"I'm sure their fine."

Cye shrugged.

"Well, I'm going to make breakfast. Why don't you see if Mia and Kento are up?"

Just as Cye finished, they heard the shower turn on.

"Mia's up, thank God, she usually slaps me when I go in her room… so that leaves me with Kento, right?"

Sage smirked.

Cye started walking down stairs but Sage heard him say,

"You just got lucky."

Sage walked down the hall and went to the second to last door. He opened it a crack and peeked in. He saw Kento still snoozing, arms hanging completely of the bed. Sage opened the door up all the way and snuck in. He went to the left side of the bed and loomed over Kento. He started poking Kento franticly while shouting at the top of his lungs,

"KENTO!!!! UP BOY UP!!!!! DON'T MAKE ME GET WHITEBLAZE!!!!!!!"

Kento immediately jumped at of the bed like a rocket screaming. Apparently he had been dreaming.

"AAAHHHH! DON'T LET THE EVIL DUSTBUNNIES GET ME! AAAAHHHHHH!"

He suddenly blinked and looked around.

"Hey I'm in my room…" Kento said in a normal tone. Sage sweat dropped and said, "Okay, that was weird…but… DOWN STAIRS NOW!"

Kento got up muttering swear words under his breath.

 

 

The ride home was terrible. Julia became very silent and hardly moved, and Rowen drove harshly, running through red lights. It was a miracle no police stopped them. Millions of thoughts ran through Rowen's head.

`How could this have happened?! It was our first pregnancy; it was going to be our first child, MY FIRST SON! Why didn't I bring Julia in sooner, our son could still be alive! It's my entire fault, IT'S MY FAULT!!!'

"Rowen?"

Rowen was brought back to Earth by his wife's voice. His voice shook more than he wanted it too as he answered.

"Ye...yes honey?"

"Are you mad at me?"

Rowen turned his head slightly and looked at his wife for a second; she was looking at him. He turned his attention back to the road and pulled into the driveway. The sun had just risen over the top of the house; sunlight silhouetted it against the bluish sky. He turned the car off and unbuckled his seat belt.

"Rowen….." Julia said, worried that he was angry.

Rowen only told her to wait there as he went and opened her door. He swept her off her feet as she stood and kissed her.

"How could I be mad at you," he said breaking the kiss. "I'm currently mad at the world so don't worry."

She sighed and pressed her head against his chest. "I feel the same way."

"C'mon, its time to face the guys."

 

 

That's it for now…at least till I update again…and please review! I think I never write because it feels like nobody LIKES my work…just IM or even send me an email and I'll be fine! RoninSoldier aka Jab