Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath ❯ The Training Begins ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath
Chapter 6: The Training Begins
"WATCH OUT!!!" Rowen screamed as a flurry of rocks flew by the Ronins, who quickly dodged.
"This new guy is tough!" Sage said. "It might take a while to beat him."
The Draconai they were fighting exhaled another flurry of rocks at them, but Kento used his new staff to slice through them.
"Let's see how you do against me!" Kento shouted.
Kento lunged at their new opponent, but he sidestepped and punched Kento in the face. Kento recovered and let him have it with his cannons, knocking the Draconai warrior back.
"Time to shake things up!" he shouted, punching his claw to the ground, opening up a fissure that threatened to seal the fate of the Ronins forever. Most of them saw it coming and were able to avoid, however Sage was not so lucky and now was hanging precariously over the edge. The Draconai walked over and stood over Sage.
"This is where you fall down." he said, stepping on Sage's hand, causing him to fall to his doom. He then started to move his hands together, and as they got closer and closer, the chasm became smaller and smaller. Sage noticed this and fired his thrusters skyward. The gap became smaller and smaller as he headed higher and higher, but he managed to blast his way through just before it sealed up.
"Thunderbolt Cut!" he shouted, slashing the Draconai with his blade. He screamed in pain as he was knocked back. He exhaled another flurry of stones at them, but Navcase got in their way, slicing through them elegantly! He then gripped his sword for a run-through and rocketed forward, dodging a punch from the Draconai to get behind him and nail him with Ryu Kan Sen. The Draconai swung his claws at Navcase, who parried with his sword.
"Thanks for the assist Navcase! Mind telling us who this guy is?" Sai shouted.
"That's Gantassai, another Draconai Elite..." he grimaced as he fought back his advance.
"We guessed that from the armor. How do we stop this guy?" Rowen asked.
"Fire and Ice, Earth and Poison. Lightning is its own opposite..." Navcase said, struggling.
"In that case..." Sekhmet said, bringing out his swords. "SNAKE FANG STRIKE!!!!"
The poisonous whip cut into the warrior, hurting him severely. He screamed in pain, even more so when so when Navcase sent him packing with his emerald blasts.
"Now to finish you off..." Navcase said, readying his swords for another go. But then he was overcome by pain!
"NOT AGAIN!!!" He shouted, taking off towards Kinjiro's, leaving the heroes with a very angry Draconai Elite. He raised his arms to the sky roaring in anger, suspending the heroes high in the sky, and then smashing the pillars, sending them falling into his kicks and punches.
"ISHIBIYA!!!!" Gentassai shouted, calling forth the wrath of the Ishibiya Corps, who opened fire on the heroes, weakening them. Another salvo was called for, nailing the heroes again.
"I hope these armors are still under warranty!" Kale shouted.
A loud roar was heard as a very familiar but very scary suit of armor flew in and sent the Ishibiya Corps packing thanks to a hail of vulcan fire.
"Anubis!!!!" The group shouted, both in happiness and in fear.
The onslaught began as the armored whacko charged at Gentassai, pummeling him with punches and an uppercut that launched him skyward.
"DIE YOU MISERABLE CREATURES!!!" Anubis shouted in anger.
He grabbed the reeling Gentassai and took him into the air and nailed him with a Seismic Toss, then smashed Gentassai over his knee. He then tossed him in the air, and fired his buster shield, impaling him before smashing him into a nearby wall. Anubis, satisfied he had killed him, flew off once again.
Meanwhile, up in the Heavens...
"RYO!!!! WAKE UP!!!" Ran's voice called.
Ryo had been sleeping peacefully since the previous night. He was happy to be safely at the palace, but slightly worried about the training. Hopefully it would not be that bad. But he knew he needed it if he was to help his friends fight the Draconai. Ryo opened his eyes to find a dressed smiling Ran standing over him.
"Good morning sleepyhead. Time for breakfast! Hurry before Yuri eats it all!" Ran giggled, skipping off to eat.
Ryo climbed out of bed and slowly but groggily headed downstairs after Ran. When he entered the kitchen he noticed a feeding frenzy currently being caused by Yuri.
"Yuri, some of that is for us and Ryo..." Ayame said.
"I know." She said, her mouth full of food.
"Good morning Ryo!" Amaterasu said. "Sleep well?"
"I guess so..." Ryo said.
"Good. Because today we begin training you. Sakura's already up and out on the practice area. After you eat go see her."
"I just hope she's not mad at me for being nice to everyone last night." Ryo said, worried.
"Oh, she'll get over it." Ran said.
"She can't stay mad at you forever. She is your girlfriend." Suiren said.
"If you say so." Ryo said, summoning his sub-armor and heading out the door.
After searching around without any luck and asking several of the palace guards for directions, he arrived at the practice area. Sure enough, Sakura was there, doing kata with her swords. Ryo watched as she swung her swords rhythmically through the air, cutting away at imaginary opponents. It was almost dreamlike watching a pretty girl like her practicing. She prepared her swords for the Onmyou Hasshi Maneuver and almost hit Ryo as he quickly dodged out of the way of her swords.
"You're late." Sakura said, with a touch of anger in her voice.
"Well, not everyone likes to get up as early as you Sakura..." Ryo said.
Sakura looked at him sternly.
"Your...mom told me this is where I'd find you." Ryo stammered.
"Well, since you're here, I might as well train you like she ordered..." Sakura said. "Call your armor."
"Armor of White Neo Wildfire...Tao Jin Jin!" Ryo shouted.
In a dramatic display of stock footage, Ryo was armored up. He drew his swords in preparation.
"What about you?" Ryo asked as he brandished his weapons.
"What ABOUT me." Sakura said sternly, as if it was an insult.
"Aren't you going to use your armor too?" Ryo asked.
"I don't need it to beat a weakling like you." Sakura said.
"Okay, if you say so." Ryo said.
He slashed at Sakura with his left hand, but she blocked it quickly. Before Ryo could react, she was slashing with the other sword and he barely brought his other blade up in time to parry it. Sakura performed the Gokou Juuji, swinging both swords outward and causing Ryo to fall backwards. Sakura brought one of her swords to his throat.
"Pathetic. No wonder you can't beat the Draconai." Sakura said. "Now, get up, and try again."
Ryo got to his feet and charged with both his swords, but Sakura gracefully dodged and kicked him down with her leg, causing him to fall on his face. As he tried to get up Sakura came at him with lightning speed so fast he could barely parry her blows.
"The Draconai won't give you a fighting chance, and neither will I!" Sakura shouted.
Ryo launched his flame aura at her, knocking her back.
"So, you wanna play like that do you..." Sakura said, her hair blowing in an energy wind.
Flames erupted around her as armor unfolded and appeared over her clothing, surrounding her in her Hardsuit. She flew at Ryo with even more fury, slashing faster than he could keep up. She used the Gokou Juuji once again, but Ryo dodged it and flew at her, only to be knocked away by her Knuckle Bomber! Ryo fell to the ground and did not get up.
"Ryo! Ryo? Are you okay?" she said, for the first time sounding worried.
"Someone get the number of that truck..." Ryo said, coming to.
"Oh thank God you're all right...I mean, you underestimated me. You'll never win like that. The Draconai are relentless and will do anything to defeat you. I hope by the time you leave here you'll be able to defeat them." Sakura said.
Sakura dismissed her armor as dramatically as she summoned it.
"I'm going to see if I can find some more worthy opponents. Maybe one of my sisters will go easier on you." Sakura said as she headed off.
Ryo got to his feet and dismissed his armor in anger. He was the leader of the Ronins, and thought himself to be quite powerful. Now his own GIRLFRIEND was telling him he was a weakling? Sakura had changed. He knew he had to get tougher if he was going to stand up against the Draconai, but he was sure that Sakura would not be the one to do that. He decided to see if he could find the other girls to see if they could help him.
Checking by the pool, he found Suiren sitting pool side reading a magazine about bishounen, while Ayame floated in the middle, soaking up the sun as usual. Concluding that these two would not be able to help him, he decided to go see if he could find Ran and Yuri. After some asking and searching, he found a large gymnasium, and an Olympic size swimming pool. Yuri was practicing moves on a punching bag, while Ran was doing laps in the pool. Yuri noticed Ryo enter and waved to him to come over.
"So, how'd it go against the Devil Girl?" Yuri said.
"She kicked my ass..." Ryo explained.
"That bad?" Yuri added.
"Not to mention she literally kicked my ass..." Ryo added. "She said that I was too weak a challenge so she went to find some more worthy opponents."
"That girl has become so tough since we got back..." Yuri said.
"Not to mention she's got a polearm shoved up her..." Ran said as she came up drying her hair with a towel, suddenly covering her mouth quickly. "Oops!"
"No, it's okay. It's true." Yuri said. "I would have thought she'd be happy to see you."
"She should probably just dye her hair blue and put mousse in it and spike it, so she'd look more like that Tenchi bitch Ryoko..." Ran said, catching herself again. "Did I just say what I think I said?"
"Sakura should make herself look like Ryoko?" Ryo asked.
"I did didn't I..." Ran said. "Sorry Ryo...I know you like her..."
"Come to think of it, I'm getting to think you two might be right about her. Any explanation as to why she's become Queen Bitch of the Heavens lately?" Ryo asked.
"Well, after we got back here after Mom summoned us, we all took it hard. Sakura took it harder than the rest of us though. All she did was sleep and cry. Then one day she got up real early in the morning and started practicing with her swords. I guess to get her mind off how much she missed you and train herself to take out the Draconai." Yuri explained.
"Oneesan's older so I guess she was prepared for it. I missed Sai too, but she was there to help me through it. But I though I'd gotten over the fact that I missed him...then there was the little journey down to earth to test the armors..." Ran said.
"I said I wasn't mad at you. Okay at the time I was worried that we lost Sai, but now I know he was in good hands. Your death grip of slumber is better than any evil being having him." Ryo said.
Ran suddenly pushed him into the pool with a huge splash.
"Hey! I'm weak in the water!" Ryo said, splashing around.
"Oh, I'm sorry Ryo! I'll help you out." Ran said.
Ran reached out for Ryo's hand, but when she did with a scream she was pulled in too!
"Oneesan help me!" Ran shouted.
"I'm coming!" Yuri said, leaping in after them.
The three splashed around in the water, laughing and splashing each other for a few minutes. Ran of course had the advantage.
"I have an idea! Maybe I can show Ryo how to fight in here!" Ran exclaimed.
"But my armor is Wildfire. It's weak in the water." Ryo said.
"Yes, but with some conditioning it'll get stronger. Plus the weightless environment will help make you stronger." Yuri said.
"Maybe later. But I guess I can swim with Ran if she lets me." Ryo said.
"Of course. But now I've got to practice with my weapon." Ran said, heading into another room to change.
"Can you help out Yuri?" Ryo asked.
"I guess I could. Suiren and Ayame were no help?" she asked.
"Nope." Ryo added.
"Thought so. When Ran gets changed we'll go someplace and give you some fighting pointers." Yuri said.
"Thanks." Ryo said.
"No problem." Yuri added.
Ran soon emerged in workout clothing.
"I'm ready!" Ran exclaimed.
The three headed over to another practice area, one not occupied by the Devil Incarnate.
"Ryo, the first thing you've got to learn is how to dodge better." Yuri said, summoning her staff. Ran did the same.
"Wait, how can you two do that without wearing your armor?" Ryo said in surprise.
"Our armors aren't stored in the orbs; they're a part of us. That's the only big difference...that and the fact we've been training for some time." Yuri explained. "Now, we're going to come at you with our staffs, what I want you to do is try and dodge the best you can."
"Okay." Ryo said.
Ryo got ready for the attacks. Yuri came at him, thrusting with her staff, but Ryo sidestepped out of the way, only to get hit by Ran's. Good thing he was in his sub-armor.
"Are you okay Ryo?" Ran asked.
"I'm okay. Let's keep going." Ryo said.
Yuri slashed downward at him, but he leaped up and over her, and sidestepped out of the way of Ran's staff, only to be nailed from behind by Yuri.
"Okay, I think I'm going to try this with my armor now..." Ryo said, powering up into his White Neo Armor.
Yuri lunged at him with her staff, but he managed to parry it away with his swords. Ran grabbed him with her mancatcher and slammed him into the ground.
"Ryo! Are you okay? Sorry, force of habit..." Ran said.
"It's a good thing I'm already dead..." Ryo said.
Ryo managed to get back on his feet again. Yuri came at him with a Seung Mina style up and over slash, but Ryo leapt out of the way before it hit.
"You're getting better." Yuri said.
"That's good." Ryo said.
The three practiced for several hours. About halfway through Yuri donned a pair of claws and went at Ryo hand to hand to help him to learn about how to fight the Draconai better. Before long it was time for lunch and Yuri raced for the kitchen. Ran and Ryo walked behind her. Yuri headed for the food while a well sun-kissed Ayame and Suiren entered.
"So, how are things going Ryo?" Suiren asked.
"Well, Sakura kicked my ass but Ran and Yuri are helping me out." Ryo said.
"Just like Devil Girl..." Ayame said. "That little bitch has been on an ego trip ever since we got back."
"Ayame! That's not nice!" Ran said.
"Save the polite crap Ran! Not only is she insulting me now she's going after her own boyfriend." Ayame snapped.
"Ayame!" Yuri scolded.
Ayame did not listen and instead pushed by Yuri and ran up to her room.
"What's with Ayame?" Ryo asked.
"She's mad at Sakura for not being nice to her and has been taking it out on everyone else." Yuri said. "She also has it in her head that she doesn't deserve Rowen anymore..."
"I wish I could help." Ryo said.
"It's okay. They'll get over it eventually..." Ran said, yawning a little. "Naptime. See you in an hour or so everyone."
Ran headed off to the living room. Ryo followed her to ensure she did not fall asleep before she got there. Ran climbed onto the couch and propped her feet up on the far most armrest and stretched out. Ryo propped a pillow under her head.
"Thanks Ryo." she said.
"No problem. By the way, where's the library?" Ryo asked.
"Down the second hallway, thirteenth door on your right." Ran said.
"Thanks." he said, heading for the door. "By the way, where do I find the leg..." Ryo began.
He looked over at Ran. She had already fallen asleep.
"end of the Seishi."
He walked over to where she rested comfortably.
"Sweet dreams." Ryo said, bending down and kissing her on the cheek. He looked up to find Sakura waiting by the doorway, her purple eyes staring daggers at him.
"It's not what you think..." Ryo began.
Sakura turned around and stormed off in anger. Ryo shrugged his shoulders and headed off to the library.
Meanwhile, back on Earth...
Navcase soared through the air above Toyama, trying desperately to locate Anubis. He knew full well that Anubis was both a menace to himself, the Ronins and to the Draconai. With the curse growing in intensity, Navcase had to stop him before all hell broke loose. Suddenly something came out of nowhere and slashed him! Navcase screamed in pain as a certain form hovered in front of him...Anubis.
"You smell like one of those vile beasts! DIE!!!!" Anubis shouted, slashing with his twin scythe.
Navcase barely managed to get out of the way of Anubis' lunge at him. In the air, Anubis' armor, equipped for Zero-G combat, reigned supreme. Navcase's outdated but slightly improved armor would not stand much of a chance. Although Kinjiro had made the armor able to fly and maneuver better in the air thanks to several dozen nanotech verniers, it was still nowhere near the level of technology Anubis' armor was packing.
Navcase swerved out of the path of Anubis' scythe once again, then went into a spinning dive to dodge the bullets from his vulcan cannons. He managed to come up behind the insane warrior, but Anubis turned around and blocked him with his scythe. He pushed back, sending Navcase down. Navcase fired his thrusters, and charged at Anubis with his sword ready. He fired a series of emerald blasts at Anubis, managing to damage his exposed chest plate, but Anubis fired his shield, damaging one of Ryuujin's wings. Navcase fell from the sky, spinning like a downed bird.
"It can't end this way...Yes, the curse dies with me...but I cannot leave this world without seeing Yuriko's face again."
A happy young Japanese woman's face flashed through his mind. She seemed to be smiling.
"AAAAAAAH!!!!" Navcase screamed at the top of his lungs.
A purple aura erupted around him, and he stabilized and shot upward towards Anubis.
"What on Earth?" Anubis wondered.
"I am not going to die NOW!!! NOT TODAY!!!!" Navcase screamed.
With an incredible amount of Chi, he swung his sword through the air, causing an energy vacuum that drew Anubis in. He then came around and knocked Anubis for a loop with an upward slash as he performed the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu ougi; Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki in mid-air!
"CURSE YOU!!!!" Anubis shouted as he was sent flying. Navcase set down on top of a building and attempted to retract his wings, but the mechanisms were damaged.
"Damn..." Navcase swore.
He managed to dismiss the armor.
"This may accelerate the curse, but it might work..." Navcase thought as he focused and arched his back.
He grimaced in pain as the curse continued to ail him. Fluids erupted as two structures emerged from his back and unfolded into draconian wings. Navcase took to the air and flew back toward Kinjiro's.
Elsewhere, a very annoyed Anubis managed to get control again.
''THAT ACCURSED RUROUNI!!!! HE WILL PAY FOR STANDING IN MY WAY!!!!!!! AS WILL THE DRACONAI!!!!" Anubis screamed.
He began to glow with a very evil looking aura as his damage once again mysteriously healed itself.
"THEY WILL ALL PAY!!!!!" Anubis declared to the world.
To Be Continued...
Next Episode
ROWEN: Rowen here. Things have been difficult since Ryo died, but I'm hanging in there. Next time, we get hit with all five Draconai Elite at once, including Kouen, who we haven't yet fought. But when Anubis shows up, pissed off more than usual, can anything stop his rage? It's next on Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath; From Ogre to Demon. Don't miss it.