Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Roses Are Red ❯ Roses Are Red 04 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Song: Dream On
Sang by: Aerosmith

Roses Are Red
Chapter Four
by: wingsofsakon

Shuu stood in the doorway as he watched Ryo pull out of the yard and disappear.

"Why do I always get left behind?" He asked himself out loud. With a dumbfound look pasted to his face.

He took one more look before going inside. To find some thing to keep him self busy for the remainder of the night.

On his way to the basement the hallway upstairs caught his attention. Where Touma and Seiji were talking amongst themselves. With the blond leaning against the wall and the archer talking with his hands. He knew he shouldn't… but there was a slight need to growing inside and suddenly found himself walking up the staircase.

"Hey guys what are you two up to?" Shuu asked as he approached them.

In return all he got was a couple of looks saying stay out of it.

"Where did Ryo go?" Shuu asked a question he already knew the answer to. Only to get their attention once more.

"He went looking for Shin." A snappy remark came from between them.

"What for? It's not like he can't handle himself." Shuu added.

"Because… some one happen to make the situation worse than it was." Touma answered.

"Like that could happen." Shuu said as he stood by them.

"It did." Seiji said in a solid short voice.

"Well, what happen?" Shuu said wanting to feel useful.

Getting nothing in response he looked the two over and knew something was wrong.

Then finally an answer. "I kissed him… and he didn't want me to." Seiji said as belittled as he ever heard him.

Shuu stood quiet for a few. Trying to think things through. He knew Touma and Seiji have had a thing going for some time now. He also knew how Shin felt. Though he didn't find that out until he opened the journal Shin had been keeping and disguising as a regular old binder. He tried his best to ignore every thing going on around him. He tried to pretend he didn't know about Touma and Seiji. He tried to ignore Shin's feeling towards the blond and the feelings from Ryo to Shin. He just wanted to sit back, relax and see how things played out.

After all… Touma and Seiji were trying to keep it a secret. In truth… they were found out from being too secretive and the others just let them take their time to sort things out before announcing it. As for Ryo… it wasn't hard to figure that one out. All Ryo did was hold it back from Shin, but it was more than apparent about how he truly felt. Shin… Shin did a good job in keeping his feelings a secret. If he had never freaked out over the binder. Shuu would have never felt the urge to look inside.

"What? Don't you have anything to say about all this?" Touma asked ripping Shuu from his thoughts.

"Why there's nothing I can say about it. All of this is between the four of you and not me."

"What do you mean by that? You are our friend aren't you?" Seiji added.

"Yes, I'm, but… if I get involved I'll all of you on my back."

"Shuu. This not only concerns the three of but also Shin… " Seiji started to preach.

"Shin! When are you going to figure out? That he sorts things better alone. Most of the time if some one tries to help him it always gets worse. All he needs is some one to talk to. Which I might add you two haven't been doing a very good job of as of late. He needs to know that there's some one ready to catch him when he falls. Not some one to help him find a date or straiten out his life. It's as strait as its going to get for him. All of you have been so wrapped up in every thing else. That the one thing always slips your minds. He's not some child! He's strong, smart and knows what ever it is he needs or wants to do. All he wants is some one to notice that and… " Shuu stopped mid sentence and was going to walk away.

"And what? Don't walk away, Shuu! And what?" Touma scolded.

"Never mind… "

"No. No never-minding Shuu finish it." Touma said strongly.

"Day in day out its been the same thing over and over and over around here. Like I said he's not a child…. But, he looks at life as one. I know I'm not that great when it comes to thinking and planning, but I do know my friends well. It would be the same thing for you Touma… if all of a sudden there was nothing for you to think about. Same for you Seiji… if all of a sudden the birds stopped singing in the morning."

"No magic... " Seiji thought out loud.

"Exactly. That's exactly what I mean and Shin has to find some thing new to cling to… in sorts."

"But you'd think Seiji… kissing him would bring some of that back." Touma suggested.

"It probably did, but since you're with him it was forbidden… denied or what you might call a tease."

"So, now what?" Seiji said softly.

"I dunno… most likely we have to sit this one out." Shuu said as he decided he wanted to finish his goal tot he basement.

"Do you think Ryo will find him?" Touma actually asked Seiji but Shuu did instead.

"I would think so, but while their gone and I'm going downstairs… you two saints might want to make up." Shuu commented as he left them in shock.

Ryo coasted along the park and through the nightly streets. Looking for his friend and the one he loved so dearly. He felt desperate to find him. He didn't know what he might be contemplating or had already done. As his thoughts raced through his mind he always came back to best of the worst. That he had found the one person he had been running to and was safely in his arms.

Yet he tried to not think that since it was something that always made his blood run and stop at the same time. The thought that some one else was touching his lips… touching his tender skin… tasting everything he had held so endearing. This one person was his nightmare and yet his savior. At least he knew he was decent to him and had never drawn blood in any sense that he was aware of.

Everytime that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin' clearer
The past is gone
It went by like dust to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Back home deep blue and gold started to mesh and mend together into what was meant to be. The ever so reserved and traditional blond had finally let an embrace turn into tender touches that ravished the soul. Tuning out the rational screams of his mind and letting the tremors persuade him into breaking down the wall of protection surrounding his heart. Letting in the light of the moonlit sky drowning him in his love until it was hard to breathe and some.

I know what nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

In the basement boxes were being thrown and sorted about in careless motivation. Shuu searched and searched looking for the precious item that he knew would eventually bring a smile to his water-bearing friend. It was all he ever wanted to do. To bring a smile to his friends and let them know that he was there… always there for them. No matter what might plunge into their lives and perhaps separate them.

Half my life is in books' written pages
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you

The vehicle came to a screeching halt as Ryo spotted Shin leaning against a brick wall: half hidden in the alley darkness. His heart raced and it seemed he couldn't get out of the vehicle fast enough nor get over at the same speed. His feet came to a dead stop as his he froze. This wasn't what he wanted to find. So fragile and so lost in his own world. Shin rested against the wall and hid his face in the shadows. Shivering slightly from the dampness that had now soaked through his soul. Ryo gently walked over to him, but stopped when he followed Shin with his eyes as he slid to the ground. The sound of his moist jean jacket echoed through the night and Ryo fought back tears.

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Mabye tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

Hands clenched the sheets as lovers explored every thing that had been hidden. Touma held the swordsman close as lips caressed over milky skin. Muted sounds echoed through the room as the blond let him gently intrude his body. Hips arching in pain and rushing pleasure Seiji gripped the sheets tighter. Whimpering cries and listening to the moans in return: there was nothing to do, but let love grow from this seed.

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Mabye tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

A sigh of relief and smile of triumph came as Shuu found what he had been looking for. Putting it on the sixth step he turned to stack the boxes and return order to the chaos he had created. He more than happy to do it this time. Since for once he had found what he had been looking for. More than once it crossed his mind and now he was actually going to put his actions into work rather than just thinking about it. After all this was a special present since it once belonged to his mother.

Dream On, Dream On, Dream On
Dream until your dream come true

Ryo's heart fell to the pavement as he looked on in horror. He looked rough and his jacket had spattered purple tints. His soul cried as a slight voice came from the figure huddled by the wall.

"I told him I was through… "

"That… that's good." Ryo mustered up as he went over to crouch next to him.

"Why… why is it when I do something right… it seems so wrong."

There was no answer he could find and nothing to comfort. So he put his hand on his knee a moment.

"I'm tired of trying to be who every one wants. I tried being who I'm and look where it got me. What's wrong with me, Ryo? I'm tired of searching and waiting for something that I hold dear. I'm… I'm just tired." Shin said as he looked at him.

Ryo shuttered as he heard those words. The bruises were already starting to show through the tear and blood stained tints of the nightly adventure. "It doesn't mean you have to give up. Just take a break for a while… I'll be here for you. No matter what." Ryo did his best to assure and comfort the tattered warrior.

Shin let out a sigh and looked up to the sky. "Tonight… Ryo, could you stay with me tonight? I need you."

"Of course and when ever you need me… come on." Ryo said as he helped Shin to the vehicle. "Lets get you home." He added.

Dream On, Dream On, Dream On
Dream until your dream come true

A slight breeze blew through the room as two bodies lay content in the shadows of the reflected sun. Silent words were emitted through the night. This was the first night of forever and they knew deep in their hearts. That the stars were smiling upon them and there would be nothing to hide any more. Even if there wasn't anything to hide in the first place…

Dream On, Dream On, Dream On...

Shuu looked at the paperweight he put on the dresser drawer of his friend's room. It was round with a flat bottom. Inside was a single rose with what looked like droplets of water on the velvety petals. It glistened from the light in the room and he knew it would look very beautiful in the moonlight. Shimmering from the night sky and showing his friend. That there was still… some magic in the world and would never fade. Shuu smiled slightly and shut the light off and went to bed.

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Mabye tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

Ryo slightly struggled as he forged their way up the stairs and to Shin's room. Weak from being emotionally and mentally worn out: Shin was basically dead weight and wasn't as light as he looked. He helped strip him of his soiled clothes and in return gave him a clean nightshirt. Ryo's attention was stirred as Shin stared at the dresser.

"What's wrong?" Ryo asked softly.

"Shuu's been in here." Shin said as he lay back in the bed with a slight smile. Accepting the comfort of his bed and fabrics that seemed to embrace him tenderly.

"Good night… " Ryo said as he started to walk away.

"I thought, you said you were going to stay?" Shin said as he started to sit up.

"I… I didn't think you meant in your room." Ryo admitted innocently.

"Please… I need your strength… will you stay and… perhaps hold me tonight?" Shin said trying not to let the tiredness make him cry.

Ryo hesitated for a moment before he went to the bed and sat down. Where he began to take his socks off but before he could start to take his shirt off. Arms wrapped around his waist and hold him snuggly. "Thank you so much." Shin said in a tired voice.

"Anytime… " Ryo replied and waited for the arms to retract from his waist to finish with his shirt. "Shin… " Ryo started to ask.

"Hmm?.. "

"I know I should leave it be for tonight… but, Seiji… "

"Seiji… I feel for him, but I realized… " The voice faded so he turned to look at him.

"Yeah?… " Ryo coaxed in a whisper.

"But I realized that… I don't truly love him."

Ryo lay down next to him and pulled the covers up a bit.

"If you want…. You can join me anytime." Shin suggested half asleep.

Ryo slid an arm over the auburn haired boy's waist and whispered back to him. Knowing that he was already asleep.

"I just might do that." Content he let the warmth of the other body coax him to sleep. Patiently waiting for tomorrow night to come.

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Mabye tomorrow the good Lord will take you away

The End…