Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Roses Are Red ❯ Roses Are Red 03 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Roses Are Red
Chapter Three
by: wingsofsakon

Ryo shut the door as Seiji left.

"You come to lecture me as well?" Shin asked in his normal tone.

"I think after what just happened… I don't need to do that." Ryo said standing in the same spot.

"Then… why are you in here?" Shin asked taking a step back.

"Listen, Shin. I believe what you told me, but… "

"But you still don't approve, right?"

"No… I don't, but if this is how you want or need it. Then I won't interfere with your happiness. It's just that you truly do deserve more than you're allowing at the moment. That's what Seiji is mostly upset about. That and the fact you just crushed the image he had of you." Ryo said as gently as he could in order to not provoke or set off any more triggers. "I know you love him, Shin." He added.

"That doesn't matter, Ryo and you know that. The fact is he's with Touma and only wanted me as a friend."

"No matter how many you may sleep with. They won't be him, Shin."

"That's not why I do it."

"Then why?… " Ryo asked as a friend.

Shin looked away at the question. It wasn't some thing he was ready to let any one know about. This part to him was private. He sat on the bed feeling like his knees were about to buckle under him.

"Please, I'm your friend and I need to know this. I need to know what's going on inside that brain of yours. I need to know what it is… that's making you walk away from us." Ryo said as he sat next to him.

Shin looked into tiger-blue eyes that were sincere. "There's… no magic."

"Magic… " Ryo said out loud trying hard to understand.

Shin looked to the floor knowing that he had to once again: explain.

"When I first came here and met all of you. It seemed like a dream. Like I had finally found the bits and pieces that were lost. It was so wonderful that I call it magic. Sparkle and dazzle you could say I was left in a daze.

Then I realized that I felt more and at first it frightened me. After that… you could say life was a dream because I knew it would never go past what it is. Day after day a week would be gone and fade to a month to a year and before I knew it. Every thing was as plain as yesterday and never changed. All the magic had drained and… I guess I been looking for a moment of it back."

"I remember when you told me about how you got here. You trembled as you told me and I could see the shame in your eyes. The tears I saw showed me. That you regretted every thing about it. So, you tell me this and I believe it's the truth, but I can tell. That there is more that you're not telling me and you wont." Ryo said as he took Shin by his chin. "I wish there was some thing I could do to help bring back the magic in your life. Although… I know it's some thing that I… " Ryo paused as he gave a butterfly light kiss to his lips. "Can't do."

Ryo got up from the bed and started out of the room. "Forgive me, but you know it as much as I do."

"Ryo… " Shin said stopping him from leaving right away.

"Thank you… for listening and understanding." He said softly and let him leave.

Ryo shut the door and turned to go downstairs but was caught by Seiji who was waiting in the hallway.

"Is he going to stop?" Seiji asked standing in his way.

"What makes you think he will?"

"He listens to you."

"No… he talks to me and I listen."

"Then what did he say?"

"The things he and I say… are always between us."

"C'mon Ryo, he's my friend as well."

"Alright… there's no magic." Ryo said as he walked past him.

Seiji instinctively grabbed Ryo's sleeve: jerking him to a halt. "What does that mean?"

"Your guess is as good as mine. He told me but he didn't tell me everything. So, I don't know."

"Then you should have told him to tell you."

"Every one gets him, but you, Seiji. Every one knows that the more you force him the less you get. That's why you got no where when you confronted him. You're too forceful with him and why he chose you I'll never get." Ryo said and then looked at the pale hand still clasped to his sleeve.

"Ryo, I'm sorry I lost my temper." Seiji said as he let go. "It's just that he knows what buttons to push and he won't let me help him."

"Seiji… there's only one way you can help him and that's no longer an option. Touma is with you now and all you can do is stand by to watch. I know it sucks but that's all I can do to. I'm not what he wants you were… and are." Ryo said letting out a sigh.

"I shouldn't have snapped and said the things I did. He's just so good at pushing people away and provoking."

A small laugh came from Ryo as he lightened up. "It's alright… he's the only one that can do that to you. So, don't worry about losing it." Ryo said as he started to his room.

"Weren't you going back down?" Seiji asked as soon as he seen him go the other way but got no answer.

Getting downstairs and into the kitchen. It felt like Seiji had walked into a wall. That was actually the look he got from his new lover. With that tension Shuu left quickly and quietly.

"What?" Seiji asked knowing that he had done something to upset him.

"I asked you to come down a while ago, but no you stayed up there with Shin."

"I'm sorry, Touma, but he needs some kind of help."

"There's nothing we can do, Seiji. We have to let him figure it out this time. That's why I'm not up there either."

"I know… "

"If there was something." Touma said as he slithered his way into an embrace. "We would have done it by now."

Seiji held him tightly for a moment until a thought crossed his mind. "There is something we haven't tried."

Touma could tell by the way he was holding him. That he wasn't sure if he wanted to hear it. "What's that?"

"Shin… he's in love with me."

"What. No, nono absolutely not, Seiji."

"You said if there was something we could do… "

"No I never said I would share you. That's not even an option Seiji."

"It won't go that far, Touma. Once he sees there's nothing there between us. He'll start to get better."

"Better… what about me, Seiji? What if there actually is something there? What if your plan backfires and he really falls for you? I'm just supposed to say go a head and take that chance. I love you and I want to be the only one for you."

"I understand that. Believe me when I say I'm not really up for it either. The only lips I want to kiss are yours. It's just that Shin really needs some sort of help. Ryo even said so, but there was nothing we could do."

"What about Ryo, Seiji? Did you even consider his feelings? You do know he's had his eye on him for a long time don't you?"

"Yes, I know that and if he wants him to get out of this alright. Then he'll have to realize that if he really does love him. Then this is the best way of doing it."

"I guess you're right… but I swear I will kick his ass if he even so much as puts his hand under your shirt. I haven't even gotten passed that point yet and I should be the first." Touma said trying to convince himself that it was for the best.

"Don't worry about it, Touma. I won't let it go that far." Seiji said as he pulled him close once again. "I promise."

Shin sat in his room doing his best to keep from letting thoughts over take him. Seiji had left his room with hate towards him and Ryo had left his room with sorrow. "The other two had enough sense to leave me alone. Why not you two?" He asked to himself as tears trailed down his face. "He was right… Seiji was right. It is the only way I'll know love. Speaking of it… I was supposed to meet him tonight." Shin though out load as he suddenly got another goal.

Getting up from the bed he dug around in his closet for a fresh pair of clothes. Not even getting interrupted when the door opened again. He figured the faster he got out the better. There'd be less hurt and anger along with less confrontation.

"Shin… " Seiji said softly as he closed the door behind him and locking it. "Shin, we have unfinished business yet." He added with the same tone of voice. In hopes that it wouldn't alarm him too much.

"As far as I'm concerned, we're done. There's nothing left Seiji so just leave me alone alright." Shin said as he started to change in front of him. It usually worked before but this time he stayed there. After finishing with his shirt he added. "What do you want?"

"I… where are you going?" Seiji asked as he realized that he was getting ready to leave.

Shin just gave him his look and went to his dresser drawer to pull out a pair of socks.

"Shin… Shin answer me." Seiji said as he watched him unfold them.

"Take a guess." Shin said sliding one on.

"No… I thought we got it through to you. That this was going to stop."

"Oh, it will Seiji." Shin said as he finished and stood up. "When I'm ready for it to stop." He added as he tried to walk by him.

Seiji took a step in his way. Making Shin stop and look strait at him. "Why is it, Shin. That every time I try to talk to you. You go and find some way to turn it around and make me angry or upset? Do you even know what you're doing or is it natural for you to treat me like an enemy?" Seiji said in a constant and yet inquisitive tone. "Believe it or not… it does bother me." He added.

Standing his ground he replied seriously as he could. "Whether it bothers you or not. There isn't anything I can do about it, Seiji. It's just when you do the things you do. In the way you do them. They bring this side of me out and that's all. You have always tried to keep me in check and even though you don't see it. You flaunt your authority and strength over me and I can't help, but to react as I do."

Shin took a step back to over look the reaction that he got from his reply. Seiji stood there as he thought a moment. This was something new for Shin. He had never made the blond thoroughly go through what he had said and analyze it.

"So what you're telling me is… my actions have made me your enemy." Seiji said as he stepped closer. "That I have treated you like some sort of captive or peasant." He said as he stepped even closer. Making Shin back off and stumble as he sat on the bed. "That I treat you like you don't matter to me in any way… I'm sorry." Seiji said as stood there looking down on him. "Then I wonder… " Seiji said softly as he let his fingertips trace the fair skin on Shin's face.

Staring into the eyes that he never thought he would. Shin was indeed attractive, but he never once thought that they would be looking back at him in such way as they did. Which was a mixture of fear, confusion, want and slight blankness. Which matched their coloring perfect. They were indeed striking and he couldn't believe he had never noticed them before.

He could feel his jaw under his touch start to tremble slightly and knew it was now or never. "… let me show you how I really care." Seiji said in a whisper as he started to slightly kiss the tender lips: that were already starting to kiss him back.

At first he let Shin lead the way and slowly he took over. Gently and softly exploring the moist heat that he never realized he had been sharing with every one, but them. Soft, tenderized, kissed lips gasped for air as the blond followed the urge to taste more. Making a trail of goose bumps as he nipped, kissed and tasted his neck.

When he felt gentle hands pull him closer. Seiji did his best to hold back the tremors of sensation. Sensations that were starting to spark in the pit of his being and spreading to his nerves. They only grew as a slight moan escaped the slighter warrior and made the corners of Seiji's lips curl to a smile as he continued. Slowly finding his way back up to the lips that had entranced him to his actions of desire.

Seiji could feel the urge growing stronger as he deepened the kiss. He never knew he could be so exquisite and he wanted more. He let his hands find their way under his shirt and feel the skin he always thought would be soft: and was. For a moment it was just a blur of bliss as he tasted and felt the one that had wanted him for such a long time. Some where in the blur there was a flash and soon found an aching pain from being jarred to the floor.

"Y.. you have no right to touch me!" Shin said firmly as he could and then left with fierceness in his steps.

As the words hit him he could feel the room twist around him a couple times. Then he heard the door slam and the room was empty. Seiji bit his lip and ran a hand through the feathery hair. "Oh my god… " Seiji sat and tried to comprehend.

A few minutes went by and Seiji stood up. Getting ready to find Touma and tell him what happened. He went to open the door when he realized. That the knob was broke… Shin didn't know he had locked it and just tore through it.

Ryo heard the door slam down the hall and it made him jump from his seat by the window. Glancing out again before he got up. He saw Shin walking out of the house and disappearing out of the yard. He let out a whispering sigh as he watched him go again. Then got up from his spot and went to inspect what was left of the fight he had missed.

He could hear Touma's voice from the hallway and stood still.

"No kidding it didn't go well. He didn't even say anything when he left. What happened?"

"I… kissed him." Seiji hesitated.

"Yeah sure I already know that, Seiji. Why did he go storming out the door?"

"… it got out of hand and he didn't… he said I had no right touching him."

"Out of what…. Did you say out of hand, Seiji? Tell me you didn't say that."

"I did."

…. Silence …

"Where is he going?"

"Where do you think, Touma. He went back to that guy."

"Okay so he went to that park again… right?"

"I would think so."

"Good because I'm going to kick his scrawny ass." Touma said as turned to leave.

"It's not his fault."

Touma stopped in his tracks and turned back around. "What do you mean?"

"I'm the one who got out of hand."

"0ookay… then you have a split second to explain before I kick your ass then."

Ryo could feel himself starting to agree with him.

"It was better than I thought he would be."

Trying his best to hold back the anger and jealousy that was forming.

"You're not helping yourself."

"I felt something and it took over."

Ryo bit his lip and clenched his fists as he listened.

"Seiji."

"I just lost control and I just wanted a little more."

"Seiji."

"He just felt so good."

"Seiji!"

"You wanted me to tell you and I did. What do you want me to say?"

"Tell me how far it went."

"All I did was kiss his neck and lips… and felt his skin under his shirt. All he did was kiss me back. He didn't touch me or anything." Seiji tried to explain.

"And that's supposed to make me feel better? Knowing that my boyfriend is getting horny over some one else. I don't think so! You promised me it wouldn't go far, Seiji. You promised me! Now every thing is worse than it was. Not to mention Ryo has yet to find out. It would be different if it actually worked but now… now Shin is all messed up and I feel betrayed. Ryo's certainly not going to like this. I'm not telling him, Seiji. You are and you have to do it now. Or else we won't have a clue where Shin really is and what he's doing."

"What about us?… "

"What about us, Seiji? We are not at issue right now. Remember… we were trying to get Shin back? Or is your brain still in the clouds?"

"Touma… it was an accident nothing more."

"I don't care!" Touma said as he looked away. " I don't care right now. Right now we have to go tell Ryo what happened. We'll talk later."

Ryo didn't want to hear any more and certainly wasn't ready to talk Seiji about it yet. So, instead of waiting for him to come to him in his room. He stomped through the hallway not looking at either of them. "I'm going to go look for him." He said still trying to hold back his anger. "You two stay here… make sure Shuu is occupied or he'll end up helping too much to." He added as he left not realizing how he sounded.